PDA

View Full Version : R3-T7...where the heck was that droid in the movie????

Jinn Fizz
May 25th, 2002, 08:54:16 PM
One of the sneak preview figures was R3-T7, the really cool yellow astromech droid with the transparent dome.

But where the heck was R3-T7 in the movie??? We can't find him anywhere!!! At first we thought maybe he was Typho's astromech droid in the opening scene, but on subsequent viewings we noticed that droid has green markings.

So help us solve this riddle!!! Help us locate this wayward astromech droid! :)

Hunk
May 25th, 2002, 09:54:28 PM
Are you sure about the green markings? I could have sworn R3-T7 was the droid that you see get toasted in that explosion. Maybe I'll have to go see the movie again and make sure (oh the horror :rolleyes )

Jinn Fizz
May 26th, 2002, 08:24:43 AM
We specifically checked that scene, and we all saw green markings. But I'm forcing myself to go see the movie again today ;) , and I'll double-check just to be sure.

There's one more droid in that scene way in the background, way back on the corner of the landing platform. So maybe that's our droid. Can't tell for sure, though, because it's so far in the background it's impossible to distinguish details.

ReaperFett
May 26th, 2002, 08:47:32 AM
Great choice for a preview figure, eh? :)

Jinn Fizz
May 26th, 2002, 03:55:44 PM
Typho's droid definitely has green markings. So I'm still stumped!

JMK
May 27th, 2002, 09:51:02 AM
Yeah, Reaper, that's what I thought, what a dumb choice for a preview figure. It's an astromech droid, who has no role, and looks like any other astro droid. That's why I didn't buy that preview figure.

Hunk
May 28th, 2002, 07:12:06 AM
It is a solid toy though. Probably the best astromech mold they've made so far: rotating head, retractable third leg, three ankle joints.