PDA

View Full Version : Very strange.

Garet Andrys
May 25th, 2002, 05:15:23 PM
Reading through some of the other threads, I noticed there were vampire and werewolf characters on this board. Specifically, vampires and werewolfs from White Wolf's "World of Darkness" campaign universe.

Now, I have nothing against vampires and werewolves... in fact, I'm one of the admin's on a WoD-themed ezBoard... but it seems like a very strange, complicated, and mentally tiring mix of genres. I'm curious as to how all of it integrates into the Star Wars universe.

Can someone point me to a FAQ about how all this fits in? The one FAQ I've seen about roleplaying is pretty generic... I think I'm overlooking a lot of material somewhere.

ReaperFett
May 25th, 2002, 05:43:09 PM
Werewolves are a similar thing to Clawdites, and there was a Wolfman in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Vampires have also been done to an extent with such novels as Planet of Twilight. Modifying them to real isn't too big a thing, IMO.

Oh, and the living dead was in the Tales of the Jedi comic :)

Garet Andrys
May 25th, 2002, 05:50:20 PM
Shows you what I know. :D

ReaperFett
May 25th, 2002, 05:55:26 PM
Aside from the CLawdite or the Wolfman, you'd have to have read specific things, so dont worry :)

Darth Lynch
May 25th, 2002, 07:02:55 PM
One of the reasons why vampyres and werewolves are tolerated(although not fully) is that its a carefully watched thing. For the vampires for instance there are two groups who have them and they keep a very strict watch on such things and the abilites as to not annoy any purist and overall not over flood the board with "SSJ" like moding post that completely piss off the main community.

I can not remember the exact spcies but rather sure someone pointed out a species that was similar to a vampire in the SW universe.

Hey it does have shapeshifters so easy to see how a creature like a vampire would exist and the furballs called garou(werewolves)could too.

Its keeping the number low and done in moderation as to not really aggrivate the populace as the SSJ crowd did is the trick that matters. Keep everyone happy that way.

ReaperFett
May 25th, 2002, 07:06:36 PM
Its keeping the number low
You mean, mute them? :)

Wine Marisinthe
May 25th, 2002, 07:08:34 PM
Wonders about the "SSJ" episode...

Darth Lynch
May 25th, 2002, 07:10:33 PM
*Hides dog muzzle and leash*

I have no idea what you are talking about.:)

ReaperFett
May 25th, 2002, 07:13:51 PM
the SSJ thing wasnt an episode, it was a series :)

Alpha
May 25th, 2002, 07:59:48 PM
I remember the DBZ age of this place...THAT was odd...

Nupraptor
May 25th, 2002, 11:37:13 PM
I play a vampyre character. I try to ground it as much in SW as I possibly can.

I don't think I've once actually posted him drinking blood, although I've established that he needs to, to survive. I believe that the general consensus is that vampyres in the SWU need a constant supply of midichlorians to prolong their existance.

He is not dead - however, he is cold-blooded (and thus, usually at room temperature or below). Et cetera.

And, as Jedah mentioned: I think the people who play vampyres on the board generally try to avoid interfering in other people's RPs. And, as a whole, they aren't abusive of their characters' powers. A little common sense goes a long way.

Gabran Darkysa
May 26th, 2002, 12:44:27 AM
Lak Sivrak was the wolfman's name in ANH, his race is Shistavanen. There is a also a vampiric race whom live for literally centuries called the Anzati. Only they do not drink blood, the suck out the grey matter of their victims. Dannik Jerriko in ANH was one, he was the dude in Mos Eisley with white uniform and appeared to have bad case acme scars on his cheeks.

But I believe more of the werewolves and vampyres portrayed here are more conventional. And officiated.

Nupraptor
May 26th, 2002, 12:53:24 AM
Dannik Jerriko in ANH was one, he was the dude in Mos Eisley with white uniform and appeared to have bad case acme scars on his cheeks.IIRC, he was also smoking a hookah. :)

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
May 26th, 2002, 12:59:42 AM
I can not remember the exact spcies but rather sure someone pointed out a species that was similar to a vampire in the SW universe.

I'm guessing you mean the Anzati, from the Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina book that describes Dannik Jerriko, the "snot vampire". He's that guy with the hookah in the Cantina scene in the movie. And also in the Tales From Jabba's Palace book.

...Sooouuppp...

[Edit]
I feel stupid for not refreshing the page before replying. Or else I would have seen someone else supply this information long before I did. What can I say? I'm slow.

NeuroMortis
May 26th, 2002, 01:25:36 AM
There you go, Garet.

New character coming up:

Darth Vlad!

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
May 26th, 2002, 02:54:27 AM
*points and laughs at Shaed*

LD here, again. In case you failed to notice. :p But I'm allowed to laugh at you. :D

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2002, 10:47:27 AM
(watches the predictable ssj bash-fest with nary a sign of suprise on his face)

ReaperFett
May 26th, 2002, 11:59:12 AM
Bash fest? I can only see Lynch who did anything CLOSE to "Bashing"

Vega Van-Derveld
May 26th, 2002, 12:03:51 PM
*Hides dog muzzle and leash*

:headbash

Gurney Devries
May 26th, 2002, 12:11:58 PM
Lookie! More bashing, right there! :D [/hijack]

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
May 26th, 2002, 02:09:34 PM
Basher was one of my favourite characters in Ocean's Eleven.

But I did like Rusty more, because Brad Pitt is just THAT GOOD.

:)