PDA

View Full Version : Can you get your figures to stand?

Jedieb
May 25th, 2002, 04:34:37 PM
I've given up on opening individual figures until I get some more stands. I've got two main problems, the figures themselves, and the makeshift shelves I put together. The shelves aren't very level so it's impossible for the figures to stand. When one falls it sometimes takes a couple of others with it. Yesterday Plo Koon's lightsaber blade broke off the handle. Stupid flimsy plastic!! So I'm ordering a bunch of stands from a site I found yesterday. I'm getting a hundred stands for $25 ($31.50 after shipping). Unfortunately, they're sold out at the moment and I'm on a waiting list. Does anybody know any place to buy stands?

I can't believe I miss the COMMCrap chips!

JMK
May 25th, 2002, 08:41:56 PM
Is there no place in the SW insider that points you to a place where you can get them? I have only vintage figures on a shelf, but ever since I got my sub woofer in my room, thw walls tremble a little and they fall down. :(

Especially that weak-ass protocol droid.

Jinn Fizz
May 25th, 2002, 08:48:29 PM
I have all my figures on stands, except for the rare ones that can stand on their own (like the different Queen Amidala figures). I get them from Real Stands, and generally they work really well. I just won't be able to put the Genosian Warrior on a stand, because he has no pegholes in his feet, and he does have a tendency to tip over. It seems to be a delicate balancing act between his wings and his spear, and his feet have to be just in the right position.

Jedieb
May 25th, 2002, 08:50:59 PM
You can order them from the Insider, but they're currently out of stock. They recently had a great sale, but they sold out in a hurry. The Fan Club sells both vintage and modern stands, so does the site I ordered from. The prices aren't too bad, here's a link:
http://store.yahoo.com/theearthtoys/index.html

Jinn Fizz
May 25th, 2002, 08:56:59 PM
I ordered 75 stands from the fan club when they were having that great sale, and no shipping, got 'em for something like 23 bucks. So I'm set for now. But I've bookmarked your link, Jedieb, 'cause it looks like a cool site. :) :) :)

JMK
May 26th, 2002, 12:37:54 PM
Whoa! Seriously cool link!!!!

Phantom Magus
May 27th, 2002, 09:02:31 PM
Yeah, it took me a few minutes to finally get Plo Koon and Kit Fisto to stand on their own. ....They still fall down, though. :grumble I've almost broke Koon's lightsaber, too. Damn plastic...they need to find some more durable stuff.

Jedieb
May 29th, 2002, 10:42:38 AM
I got a really cool e-mail from that company yesterday. Not only have they shipped my order but they threw in a free pack of five. In the comments box I remarked that in the past I'd gotten packs of stands that had at least one stand with a broken peg. I was very polite and pointed out that it had happened with ANOTHER online retailer. They said that they were aware of that happening in the past but that the manufactorer has been doing a better job with their packaging. They threw in a pack of five just in case any did happen to break. Man I love toy karma....

sirdizzy
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:33:58 AM
i loved commtechs free stands

Spirityoda
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:17:38 PM
O_o my friend made customized wood shelves and made a stair step style steps and cut off small nail heads and hammered those into the wood. his figures never fall. he also showed me how he measured each figures feet nail holes. he put cut off q-tips in the feet with the cotton part showing out and used a marker on the cotton part then stood these figure up and place the figures where he wanted them on the wood shelve and the marker ink left by the cotton part of the swabs left an impression on the wood. I will use this for when I get my custom shelves made.;) thanks, Spirityoda.