PDA

View Full Version : God Has No Face (An Open RP)

D'Mourning Orb
May 25th, 2002, 03:11:45 PM
<font color="#ffffff" face="courier new", "arial", "times new roman">Her heart had rested in his lifeless hands, figuratively so to speak, merely moments ago. He had watched his wife die before his very eyes. She had cried upon his trembling hands. He had held her body close to him, felt her last ounce of energy, her last breath. Running through the foothills, having left his wife behind, the cold air defeated his all ready bruised lungs. At this altitude, at this pace, doubling over was a metabolic requirement. Her life, however, empowered him to press on. Jomalis's mind, on the brink of hesterics, had severed his relationship with reality. What had just happened?! The falling snow was burying his heavy feet, his exhausted body.

<hr>

D'Mourning Orb sat next to an elderly gentleman at the Master Youghurt's Bar and Grill on Archan IV. A picture of a little girl lay in front of D'Mourning. She was no older than six. Her rather toothless smile was as precious as he had ever seen.

I cannot fathom how proud of a grandfather you must be, sir, D'Mourning wrote on a Cocktail napkin.

The elderly gentleman, picking up the picture in the process, spoke meticulously, Son--have no idea. He smiled brightly. Not looking at the picture, he placed the photo back in his billfold. Her picture perfect face washed across his mind. Causing him to smile yet again.

Long beat. D'Mourning's eyes darted around the bar. In the process, he swished the gin in his hand, wondering what the ice rattling against the glass would sound like.

The man nudged D'Mourning on the arm. You have kids. Ever been married, son[i]?

[i]No. No children. I was married, once. He hesitated for a moment. She wasn't the one for me.

How so?

D'Mourning looked down, spacing out for several seconds. I loved her.
He paused for a split second. And at one point I suppose she loved me. But that just became a word to her. She didn't understand the consequences of her actions.

The old man nodded his head in solemn fashion. I'm sorry to hear that.

D'Mourning picked up an extra napkin. It was for the best.

I get the impression that you're a--glass is half full kind of person? I admire that.

D'Mourning smiled faintly at the elderly gentleman. He mouthed the words, Thank you, holding the empty glass of gin in hand.

<hr>

Jomalis came over the snow filled hill, lungs burning, legs lagging, broken jaw bleeding profusely. Master Youghurt's Bar and Grill lie in the distance. The sight of the establishment was the only thing that could keep him from collapsing.

<hr>

D'Mourning bid the elderly gentleman farewell. He picked up his coat from the accompaning bar stool and slipped it onto his back, fisting the payment bill in his hand.

A woman in her late twenties, Dolores Mayther, greeted him at the register.
Smiling she whispered, Hey, D'Mourning.

D'Mourning smiled brightly at the cashier, mouthing, Hey. How are you?

Good. She took the slip from his hand and five credits. You?

I could not be any better, thank you.

She wasn't certain what he had mouthed but she smiled glowingly at him anyway. Handing him his change she whispered in her gentle voice, It's cold out there... be sure to button up.

Taking his change, D'Mourning grined bashfully. I will. Thanks. Take care, Dolores.

She returned the smile, her eyes following him as he neared the exit.

<hr>

D'Mourning stepped outside the bar into the cold. Buttoning his coat, he walked briskly toward his speeder, which sat several feet away, in the parking lot.

The keys jingled in his hands. A sharp thin instrument with teeth approached the lock.

Hel--somebody!

D'Mourning opened the door to his speeder.

Help!

He hesitated for a moment. The cold air brushed his hair. An uneasy feeling gripped him.

I need--help... my wife!

In his mind he felt mental anguish, overwhelming and construed with vehement thoughts. The image of blood soaked hands weighed upon his brow. D'Mourning's jaw clenched.

A plea fought through tears, Help.

D'Mourning instinctively turned away from his car. In the darkness, sixty feet away from his speeder, an image lie on the ground.

<hr>

D'Mourning Orb burst into the bar, in his arms, Jomalis, beaten and broken.
After one hundred eighty feet, the weight of the defeated man was too much. D'Mourning collapsed to his knees.

The tendons in his kneck stretched, veins bulging, as he shouted silently, I need help, somebody!</font>

<font size=2>OOC: This a RP for all Rpers looking to have some fun. Don't worry about how you can contribute to the story, or even what it's about for the time being. Just join in. D'Mourning can't battle a supreme consciousness all by himself.</font>

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 03:18:34 PM
Xazor rushed to the aid of D'Mourning...her friend, though they had not been on great terms lately. He was always strange when he spoke to her. It was no matter now, she had to help.

Kneeling down next to him and the figure in his arms, Xazor looked into his eyes.

What happened, I just saw you in here!

She signed quickly, her hands moving faster than ever. It was strange...she had just seen her friend speaking with another man in here....and now he was back in the bar seeking assistance for the one in his arms.

Sage Hazzard
May 25th, 2002, 03:33:29 PM
A hand grasped Xazor's shirt collar.

"Move!"

Sage yanked her back. He was being forceful but it was for the good of this injured man. Sage would need space to work. The Jedi Master pushed out his hand, and D'Mourning slid across the floor, away.

Leaning over the injured man, he spoke harshly.

"What in the hell did you do?"

Reaching out with his senses, he saw great grief in his heart. Great pain over something....

"What happened to you!?"

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 03:42:10 PM
Xazor was very miffed by the actions of the Jedi Master.....a person who she thought was her friend. She brushed herself off and pushed past the crowd.

"Fine, you don't want my help....whatever..."

She said under her breath as she pushed the door guard out of the way to go outsoud. It was freezing and the wind nearly knocked her over. Stumbling to her feet, a few tears slipped down her cheeks. Everyone seemed to be pushing her away lately, and she didn't know why. Now the wet tears were frozen to her cheeks and her eyes stung. She couldn't see and her Force senses seemed to be "broken". It was a mystery to her why, but her head hurt something terrible. Reaching up to the back, she felt something warm on her hand....blood. When Sage had pushed her back, she had slammed her head against a table. No wonder it had hurt so badly. Now she felt dizzy....and collapsed next to the bar. The chill nipped at her lifeless body and began turning her skin a bluish color.

"What....did...I do to....deserve...this...?"

She said just as she passed out.

Shade Magus
May 25th, 2002, 04:41:26 PM
Shade had been on his way to the bar for a nice warm ale, when he felt a disturbance in the Force. He reached out and the Knight felt te Force signature of his beloved disappear. He ran out and followed the remaining traces of the signautre and he found himself in front of Yog's bar. He stopped when he saw Xazor and ran over to her. He saw a pool of frozen blood on the ground.

"What happened?"

Shade kept asking himself as he picked up her body and took er inside to the warm air. When there, he placed her down and then noticed Sage and the other guy on the floor, but payed little mind now. He placed his hand on Xazor's head and used the Force to stop the flow of blood. He then concentrated on speeding the healing of the head wound.

"Come on Xazor...don't let go now...."

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 04:49:31 PM
Xazor stirred a bit and her breathing became rapid as her consciousness began to slowly come back. She tried to open her eyes, but couldn't for some reason. She then felt the life force of her beloved, and somehow, she knew everything would be alright. After a few minutes she could finally open her eyes, but the light stung something terrible.

"Sh.....Shade....."

She managed to say through a whisper. The Knight tried to raise her hand to touch him, but she was too weak, and her body temperature was way below normal. She had hardly any recognition as to what had happened to her now....and her head was pounding with pain.

Shade Magus
May 25th, 2002, 05:25:44 PM
Shade smiled when she saw she was ok.

"Shh......don't move...conserve your strength...."

Shade put his hand to her head and used the Force to ease her pain as best he could.

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 06:04:42 PM
Xazor was glad that he was there with her. Everything was blurry, but for some reason....he was clear. She finally gathered the strength to touch his face with her hand.

"Thank you for.......finding me....I....love you"

She said softly. Tears gathered in her eyes and graced her cheeks like raindrops on a rainy spring day...

D'Mourning Orb
May 25th, 2002, 07:16:51 PM
Jomalis shook his head.

"I--I don't know"

He writhed in agony on the floor.

"My.... We--my wife and I were on the interstate.... Our speeder broke down. Then...."

He clutched his head, crying uncontrolably.

"She's gone".

D'Mourning got off his back and rushed over to Jomalis and Sage.

I found him in the parking lot... I think he might have a serious concussion, Sage. His eyes--look really dialated. What can I do to help?.

Jomalis spoke under his breath, "I don't know what happened... we were in the woods..."

Sage Hazzard
May 25th, 2002, 07:31:47 PM
"Jedi are not medics but I might be able to save this one."

Sage swiveled his head to the familar voice of Shade and Xazor.

"Dawnstrider, Magus, get your butts over here! We've got a possible fatality on our hands!" Sage closed his eyes, feeling the Force. "A brain hemorrage could be on the verge."

He didn't turn enough to see blood or dismay before turning back to D'Mourning.

"Well done Padawan. You'll make a fine Knight one day."

Turning back to the injured man, he layed his hands on his shoulders.

"Speak to me!"

The victim's eyes began to close. Sage reeled back and with a sharp snap, slapped the man across the face. To fall asleep with a concussion could mean slipping into a comatose state. The problem was, with a concusssion, all you wanted to do was sleep.

"People don't just dissipate, friend. What happened, how did she become gone?"

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 07:44:47 PM
Xazor rolled over and looked at Sage as he spoke. After how he had treated her....and the injury that had occured to herself, she couldn't believe it.

"No disrespect intended, Jedi Master Sage.....but you're frelling insane!"

She yelled across the bar. She did not wish to disrespect him....as a Jedi Master....but she still didn't understand how he could throw her aside and then want her help. It didn't make any sense to her at all. She laid flat on her back and looked up at Shade. She didn't know what to do at this moment....try to gain some strength so she could get off that table....or just force it and get off the table. She closed her eyes and let her Garou healing take care of the internal injuries the cold had caused. She pressed her hands against the table and propped herself up....then swung her legs over the table and stood up on her week legs.

"I have to help...."

She said softly....

Sage Hazzard
May 25th, 2002, 07:53:08 PM
Sage span around at the insulting words. He stood up strongly and domineeringly.

"You are out of line, my very young Jedi."

Then, seeing the blood, seeing the pain... he shook his head slightly.

"You're hurt? Why are you hurt?"

Then, he understood. During his attempt to clear the area, so he could attend to the injured party, he had shoved her aside. It was standard procedure. In urgent situations, Sage was the implied leader, him being a Master. In his haste, he had caused injury. Turning back now, kneeling again, looking at the man, he spoke to Xazor.

"You're fine, now get over here," it was more a hope than anything. That the Jedi Master hadn't cause substantial injury. "... I need your help."

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 08:32:33 PM
You think I'm out of line....and then you fix it by saying you need me? What is wrong with everyone today?

She thought to herself. Nearly falling over on her weak legs, she grabbed onto Shade who gladly helped her stand. She could tell that he did not approve of her getting up so quickly...but he knew that she needed to. Smiling gently, she kissed his cheek and walked over to Sage, collapsing on her hands and knees near him.

"Yes, I'm hurt...no thanks to you. And out of line, you say? It is just a mere suggestion, my friend, that you should rethink your own actions."

Though she was a Knight, she acted like his superior.....against her better judgement. She playfully grinned but then became quite serious.

"Why do you need my help? I mean....I can only heal mass injuries and I happen to specialize in internal injuries....besides that I can help with my Garou powers...I still don't know why you need me, great Jedi Master..."

Most of it was said with sarcasm, but the facts still stood out amongst the way she said it.

D'Mourning Orb
May 25th, 2002, 11:07:11 PM
D'Mourning caught some of what Xazor had said. But the context of her dialogue with Sage, nor her intent mattered for the time being. D'Mourning's jaw clenched. His expression: that of complete fury.

Using his hands as his only tool D'Mourning signed vehemently, Listen. Both of you.... This man needs our help. Stop your bickering.... I do not care what problems you have... Absolve them, now.

He knew he was out of line as a padawan but he persisted.

He is all that matters for the time being.

He turned his complete attention to Sage.

Sage. Help him, now. If you cannot... for the love of God let me try. I can do that much.

D'Mourning turned to the other patrons, but mainly toward the barkeep.

Call a doctor. Someone, anyone, can you help us?

He was unsure if anyone else knew sign, but he was doing his very best to help the wounded man by taking some sort of initiative.

The man was hurt more than they knew. He was in fact suffering from a brain hemorrage.

Jomalis mangaged to speak with a slured tongue, "We were walking--and then we were in the woods..."

He lifted his hands, stained with blood.

"She... I was holding her--my head... was throbbing. She could barely speak.."

Jomalis cried onto his shoulder, hands raised before him. His mind was disconnecting him from his surroundings, vision becoming blurry.

Xazor Elessar
May 26th, 2002, 10:09:39 AM
Xazor watched D'Mourning sign angryily toward she and Sage. Though he was yelling at them...he was right. She knew what had to be done, though. Reaching across the man's body, she placed both of her hands on his head...then searched for the problems that lay within. Suddenly it hit her like a ton of bricks. Pulling away in shock, she looked at everyone.

"Someone, get the med units here now! He's bleeding inside....his brain could rupture, hurry!"

She knew that D'Mourning had signed a message of help, but no one had responded...telling Xazor that not too many people knew sign language. Sighing to herself, she placed her hands back on his head, one on each side. Looking up at Sage, she spoke softly.

"I know what I'm doing....please let me try..."

Her eyes pleaded the same message with him. She did know what she was doing...she had done it twice before and was getting better each time. Though it could seriously hurt herself, she didn't care at this moment...she would survive saving him. Closing her eyes...she forced healing waves into his head...visualizing the closing of the deep wounds that lay under his skull. She then began to draw his pain upon herself...so that he wouldn't go into complete shock from it. This was taking so much of her energy, which she tried to make up for at the same time with her Garou power of healing. Holding her hands at his head, she continued the procedure. It was very delicate and wouldn't be something quick and easy. It would take time. She broke a sweat as the pain increased in her body...and the others around her knew it. She had done this for D'Mourning once...

Sage Hazzard
May 26th, 2002, 04:10:03 PM
Sage stood up, nodding. Before, he wanted to clear the area, so he could access the situation. Now, Xazor seemed to be holding a grudge.

"I"ve never been good at the finer things," hinting at an apology for his lack of subtlety earlier. The proud man wouldn't apologise openly however. ".. like healing. I've failed."

He said the last to himself. Barely audible. Not even Xazor's trained Garou ears could hear him.

"Avolon, get the medics here immediantly. He'll need to be dunked in bacta after she's finished."

Avolon Bisel
May 26th, 2002, 04:17:30 PM
Avolon had a comm unit to his ear. When Sage spoke he made a roll of the eyes.

"No kidding, pal," Avolon called everyone pal. All he knew about Sage was how he liked his water, which was the only thing he drank. "What?" Avolon yelled into the comm.

Afterwards, he shut off the unit, placing it back on his belt. Tiredly, he looked over the crowd, then at the Jedi Master.

"Road's are down. Snow's a nasty mistress."

The doors of the bar blew on their hinges, gusts of cold, crisp air sweeping through. Suddenly, the doors slammed shut from the wind. An omen for things to come.

Nyth Galanos
May 26th, 2002, 06:18:01 PM
When Sage had slammed Xazor into the table, his anger flared. He was still learning how to control it. Nyth stood up, watching silently, biting back the urge to punch Sage. He knew better. He watched her go out and return, finally kneeling beside the man

"Master, be strong..."

He tried to comfort her, he could feel her anguish. It struck him like a knife, burrowing deep into him. He pulled his cloak about him and made his way down to the scene. He waited to be addressed, hoping that he could be of help

Xazor Elessar
May 26th, 2002, 06:50:45 PM
Xazor continued bringing his pain upon herself, and it was very difficult. It was almost unbearable to the point of her passing out from exaustion and suffering. She heard Nyth's words, though, and held strong. Continuing on, she sent more healing waves into the man's head as she drew his pain from his body. Then she was at a peak when almost all of his pain was upon her. She jerked back, but kept her hands on his head...but the pain was so terrible. She had the healthy body, though, and had to take it on. Her eyes remained closed as her concentration grew into a deep meditative state...the healing continued. Slowly, though none others could see it, the injury in his head was closing. The flesh was binding together and soon the bleeding stopped. The pain in her body persisted though...it would not be something to remove so quickly. She had to be the source of healing and the receptor of pain.

He seemed comfortable as she did this, and he would for he felt nothing. All of his pain was gone and he didn't even have a slight feeling of a head-ache. The hemmoraging had been bad but it was almost gone. The blood started to disappear now, but the tissue in his brain was still sensitive. He was on a safe plateu now, and the small vessels would heal naturally. For her to do anymore wouldn't matter now...he was saved, but it was her everyone would have to worry about.

Once she sub-consciously decided that he was alright, she collapsed on her back from the exhausting efforts...and the immense pain. Her whole body wrenched from side to side for a moment until she came to a peaceful calm...deep in a temporary coma. It was only so that she wouldn't realize how much her body was suffering. Her skin was cold to the touch and was very pale...but she would be fine. The man had been her concern...but he too was alright now, and he would live. She was off in a peaceful world where pain did not exist while her body fought against the turmoil in the physical world....

Nyth Galanos
May 26th, 2002, 10:00:33 PM
Nyth rushed to his Master's side and placed his hand under her head. He was fearful for but a moment and then knew she would be fine. He hoisted her in his arm's and moved her to a soft booth. He returned for the man and did the same. Returning again, he faced the others.

"What shall you have me do?"

Xazor Elessar
May 26th, 2002, 10:58:41 PM
Xazor was subconsciously aware of the fact that she was moved....but she couldn't respond. Her body was still in immense pain and an extreme state of shock. She couldn't react if she had wanted to...so she laid there lifeless on the soft cusions. Her breathing was slow as was her heart rate....but that was better than the opposite. Slowly but surely, her body was coming to terms with the change and the shock...and she would be alright in a while.

Shade Magus
May 27th, 2002, 01:14:26 PM
Shade put a hand on the Padawan's shoulder and shook his head.

"Shh....let her rest."

Shade then walked over to Sage.

"Anything you need me to do?'

Nyth Galanos
May 27th, 2002, 07:12:23 PM
Nyth bowed to Shade. He was concerned for his Master but knew she'd be alright. He follwed the Jedi over to Master Sage and bowed to him as well.

"I am at your service"

D'Mourning Orb
May 27th, 2002, 08:43:36 PM
Jomalis sprung up from his position at the table, completely perplexed, his head aching.

"I can't stay here."

D'Mourning signed to his Master, Sage, get some answers from him... It will not be so easy for me.

He approached Xazor, balance failing him for a moment, he stumbled. His mind was racing with possiblities. None of which were very inviting to his weary conscious.

Xazor--are you all right? D'Mourning's eyes darted between the two other men, coming to a rest on her soon to be husband. I am sorry, Shade.... I would never intentionally put her in a dire circumstance such as this.

He looked down upon Xazor, mind filled with anguish.

Something... bad is going on, here... and believe me--I say bad for lack of a better word.

The three of them, collectively, could not have understood what D'Mourning meant by that, and he saw that in their eyes.

I felt more than him-out there... or at least--I believe so... I do not know about that man, but--something is...

D'Mourning shook his head and turned away for a moment.

.. I do not believe he is capable of that.... that power. Is he Sith, do you know? D'Mourning would not have known, having dealt with very little Sith during his duration as a Jedi padawan.

Jomalis sat at the table with Sage Hazzard, holding his head on his wrist.

"I told you--I don't know... we were driving. The speeder broke down... It was a water leak. The oil--"

Sage motioned for Jomalis to progress his story at a faster pace with a circular motion from his relaxed right hand.

"We had to walk... and that's when--I stopped remembering, I couldn't remember how--where we were, how we got there." He shook his head. For a moment, not wanting to remember. "I was in the woods--my head was aching...
I looked down-and.... she was lying on the ground...." Under his breath Jomalis whispered, ".. so still." Jomalis's teary eyes reflected the flashback playing in his mind. "I tried..." He clicked his longue silently, eyes filling to their full capacity with tears. ".. but--she was gone... she's gone." A stream line of tears found his cheeks.

Xazor Elessar
May 28th, 2002, 07:11:04 PM
Xazor's body had been quickly regenerating her strength as she laid in a heavy coma. The deep meditative trace and coma state she was in, allowed her body to work faster than if she was awake, enduring the extreme amount of pain. Slowly, she regained her aware subconscious mind, and could sense what was going on around her. She knew that Nyth, Shade...and D'Mourning where near her and seemed to be speaking. She had heard D'Mourning's message in her mind.....though quiet, she had heard.

"D'Mo...Mourning? I'll...be....fine....it hurts...so badly..."

She spoke softly in his mind. Though her body lay still, her mind was regaining activity...almost too quickly. She was beginning to feel the emmense pain in her whole body.....but she would have to come back sometime, and no matter when she did, the pain would be the same. It would be a matter of several hours before it completly went away, for it was the pain of death that had swept over her and consumed her whole body.

"Shade....I love.....you..."

She spoke softly in his mind. Trying to put her subconscious self to rest....she was unable. The pain was too strong to concentrate on not concentrating. The Knight would live, though....

Shade Magus
May 28th, 2002, 07:45:08 PM
Shade looked at Xazor and nodded.

I love you too.

He sent these words back to her. He then turned to the man. His story seemed so real and yet unbelieveable. He could make no sense of it.

Avolon Bisel
May 28th, 2002, 10:44:02 PM
Avolon had vanished below the countertop. No one seemed to notice. The bargoers were somewhat entralled by the scene, others didn't care enough to wonder. The Jedi, were of course, busy going about their do-gooder ruitine.

The bartender rose up like a messenger of doom, two blast and smash rifles tucked under his arms. Normally, he only carried one. Yet, he seemed to have found new strength. Enough to lug around the heavy equipment while giving the impression of nimbleness of feet.

The bullets were heard before anything else. Screaming through the chill air that filled the room. It was on a percision, collision course with the gathered Jedi.

"You Jedi, always uber-officious. On crusades to save the galaxy and taking money out of the mouths of people like me! Damn it, it has to end! Soldiers like me have mouths to feed. We don't need Jedi galavanting off, doing our job. It ends here. It ends now!" His voice echoed cleanly off the walls of the establishment, carrying more extra weight than expected.

Sage Hazzard
May 28th, 2002, 10:50:41 PM
The sabre was ignited before the bullets left their chambers. He blocked the first batch from himself, than D'Mourning. Assuming Shade could handle himself and Nyth. Xazor seemed in no appearent danger for her body was on a table, partially shielded by the booth's mass.

"Take cover!"

He pushed D'Mournign into an adjacent booth. The Jedi Master grabbed Nyth's shoulder and yanked him without delay into the same spot.

"Let's dispose of this situation, hmm?" Sage said, more casually than expected from a currently under fire individual.

Sage winced as a bullet zipped through his lightsabre, vaporised for the most part. However, unlike some of the other bullets, the hot metal spewed partially on his arm.

"Let's try anyway," the Jedi said, with a slight hint of humor.

Shade Magus
May 29th, 2002, 06:27:40 PM
Gaea, Shade's lightsaber, twisted in the air as he knocked the bullets out of the air. As a round of them came at him, he held his hand out and used a Force Wall to stop most of them and his lightsaber to deflect the others.

He smiled as he glanced at Sage.

"Indeed..let's take out the trash."

Shade's saber flew in a circle in front of him as he vaporized three bullet coming in close range. He moved to the left as a fourth grazed his right shoulder.

D'Mourning Orb
Jun 1st, 2002, 11:05:21 PM
Jomalis turned to D'Mourning, wide eyed and pale faced.

D'Mourning moved his eyes to Jomalis, and away from the action for the time being. He hesitated for a moment, thinking of the circumstance itself, rather than he or Jomails's saftey. After the duration of a split second, D'Mourning motioned for Jomails to stay down. He himself not taking the same advice.

D'Mourning came from behind Sage, carrying his center of gravity low as to avoid Avolon's onslaught. His knees locked, to the point of buckling, in duck walk position. He detached a lightsabre hilt from Sage's belt. Pushing a button, light from the sabre flashed a green glow across his face. A laser shot met his blade. It shocked D'Mourning temporarily, but he quickly recovered to rise in a defensive position to Sage's right. Shade, to Sage's left.

D'Mourning Orb
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:08:42 PM
NT