PDA

View Full Version : Sith History: Tome of the Forgotten (Gav and LV)

Jehova Eaven
May 25th, 2002, 10:21:33 AM
Jeseth's book, the ancient tome of knowlege bestowed to me by my master. From the look of the cover, I could guess that the book had seen better days. Days long past and would be long forgotten if it weren't for the precious writings contained within. Upon trying to open the book, I had discovered the ancient seal. Jeseth knew I would not be able to open the book when he gave it to me, I could only assume that. Every time I tried to open the book and break the seal, the runes on the cover glowed. This indeed was no ordinary book. The mystery urged me on, I had to keep trying.

The dark and mysterious library had beckoned him. Shining like a light in the dark, the books called out to Jehova Eaven. The hallway seemed long and dark, it felt colder as he stepped closer and closer. The doors opened with a slight push and within were countless shelves filled with books. This was not the first time Jehova had been in a library of this size, but nevertheless it was still impressive. Looming overhead were chandeliers and a large sloping ceiling. Very beautiful, it almost reminded him of Ambriel II.

Lady Vader
May 29th, 2002, 11:52:09 PM
*LV leaned against an ornate bookshelf, lined with dozens of books and articles, all aged. She watched Jehova look about before speaking.*

I would have never thought you one to find comfort among books.

*She smiled, leaving the shelf and walking towards him.*

Were you looking for something in particular? Maybe I can be of some assistance?...

Jehova Eaven
May 31st, 2002, 01:02:21 PM
I would have never really pictured myself among books either. Books were not really my forte. After all what good were books to a killer? But this book was special, it had a certain air aruond it. I had to find out what was inside, perhaps m'lady would know.

"Perhaps you can be of assistance." he said as he held out the tome. "This book... I can't quite seem to get it open, and these runes here, I can't read them. Would you perhaps know what they mean?"

He handed her the book and waited patiently.

Lady Vader
May 31st, 2002, 04:46:27 PM
*The book was heavy, and quite dusty. She blew on it, turning her head away as the dust flew upwards into her face. She snorted softly and walked to a nearby wooden table and set the large book down. Sitting at the seat at the table, she examined the ruins on the book.*

They look to be of an ancient language. Some of the characters look like Sith ruins, but some others are different. Though I can make an educated guess as to what they are.

*She examined the book further, looking at the clasp binding the book shut.*

The ruins on the book are the words that open this lock. Some sort of sorcery.

*She attempted to read some of it.*

M'lugk rin... shadar ulher ranamah...

*She frowned, reading more.*

Nefta kor... rsna... urendar ysna.

*It was a flowing language that sounded more like tongue twisters than anything else. She came to a symbol she did not recognize and shook her head. Sitting back she looked at the book, and viewed it as a challenge.*

I can't seem to figure out that central symbol. It's not from any language I know or have heard of.

*She reached a hand out and traced her finger lightly over the symbol, repeating the words she'd said earlier. The accidental combination made the symbol give off a bluish glow, and then the seal popped open.*

*LV sat up, staring at the book.*

Seems fate was on our side today.

Gav Mortis
May 31st, 2002, 07:13:39 PM
"That is a hybrid form of the Massassi common tongue and the Sith tongue used by the Warashi tribes, it's not uncommon in such books to be honest."

Gav had quietly joined the two after finding himself wandering around, he was staying for a week during the time of the union between Lady Vader and her partner, Darth Vader. He thought he'd acqaint himself with some faces he'd not seen before, Jehova being one of them, apparently he was an apprentice of Jeseth Cloak so naturally Gav's interest was sparked.

"I'm impressed with your knowledge of this text, I myself am not very knowledgeable of the Warashi's tongue, but I believe that some of the clans of Dathomir witches have a tongue that was greatly influenced by that language."

Taking his attention away form the book, he turned to Jehova and held out his hand, "Gav Mortis. I belive you're an apprentice of Jeseth Cloak?"

Lady Vader
Jun 1st, 2002, 01:11:06 AM
*She looked up and smiled as Gav walked in.*

Well, there you go, Jehova. You have any questions on ancient languages and Sith Magic, Gav's the one to ask.

*She looked back at the book, flipping page after page, seeing the same text as that on the cover. She hadn't realized it was a hybrid text of Sith and Massassi writing. Hell, she didn't realize until now that the Massassi text looked quite similar to that of the symbols used on Dathomir, though some were slightly different, but only marginally. No wonder she'd been able to decipher it, even if it had taken some doing.*

*She looked at Gav.*

It's funny... I didn't really think of it even remotely resembling the Dathomirian text. I just... well, read it.

Aside from studying Sith Magics, I like to delve into ancient languages. Helps to decipher books like this one.

Jehova Eaven
Jun 12th, 2002, 04:52:36 PM
He reached out his hand to shake Gav's already outstretched arm. Odd, he had never heard of anyone named Gav being at the Order. Of course he hadn't really gone out of his way to socialize, so it wasn't that strange at all.

"Yes I am. Jehova Eaven, nice meeting you."

The book flew from the table and into his free hand. It was amazing how quickly he found someone to open the book. If he would have tried cross referencing in the library and searching for runes with similiar writing, it would have taken ages. He released his grip off Gav's hand and started flipping through the book. He still couldn't understand any of it.

"You know how to read this?"

Lady Vader
Jun 12th, 2002, 04:58:44 PM
*LV stood to pear over his shoulder, Gav doing likewise on the other side.*

I can read some of it, but not all. Some of the runes are not familiar at all.

*She gestured with her head slightly.*

What about you Gav? Maybe if we figured out which runes we knew and which we didn't, we might be able to discern what it says.

*She knew the library held several old texts. But this one was ancient, and the fact she couldn't read all of it was aggrivating.*

Gav Mortis
Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:08:22 PM
Gav smiled. "I am not suprised to find you looking up something like this book here, no doubt your master assisted the growth of your curiosity about such historical artifacts."

He then stared at the markings on the tainted and discoloured pages, it seemed the contents of this book were protected by something established eons ago but even the workings of Sith, Massassi and Dark Jedi cannot withstand the test of time flawlessly. His brow furrowed a little and his finger ran over a few of the more complicated shapes and inscriptions.

"I know what it is--" He said finally, "--but I have never studied the works of Warashi or especially in this case, the Culaman tribes. It is the latter of the two tribes with whose runes you are no doubt experiencing difficulty, Mistress Vader."

He shook his head and added, "The Culaman were considered one of the lesser tribes. They were the first to succumb to the deceit of the Dark Jedi milennia ago, they revealed their primitive teachings to the Dark-Siders and with this knowledge the Dark Jedi spliced the native tongues of both the Warashi and Culaman." He paused, taking another glance and concluded, "This, what you are seeing here is likely to be the the first tongue used by the great Sith Lords on Yavin IV. These runes will be replicas of those enscribed all throughout the Temple of Exar Kun."

This was a remarkable revelation and one which Jehova could be proud of, it was a shame they could not yet decipher the language but Gav knew the meanings to the inscriptions from memory. He had spent six years alone on Yavin IV up until he was twelve and it was their he was taught the meanings of every inscription on the walls of Kun's temple.

"I remember the meanings of these inscriptions, yet it is pointless me telling them to you for it is simply an account of the rise and growth of the Sith Empire - not the one that exists now, mind - written by a poet named Kia, from what I remember."

"It is poetry, my friend." He said with a grin, patting Jehova on the shoulder, "And that is all it will be unless you learn how to speak Culaman and Mistress Vader helps you with the Warashi inscriptions. Only then will you appreciate the true potential of the poetic verse; I cannot for I do not understand it but with time and patience you will."

Lady Vader
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:57:06 AM
*LV nodded her head as Gav spoke. It was true she could read some of the runes, no doubt the Warashi inscription, but she could not decipher all of it. She stood up from her leaning posture to look at Gav.*

You know, it's a shame really, but I don't think I've ever taken a trip to Yavin IV to visit the temples there. What a trip that would be, even if just to read the history carved into the ancient temples there.

No doubt we could also find some ancient spells in the writings.

Jehova Eaven
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:33:15 PM
"History? Poetry?" he stared at the book in Gav Mortis's hands and scoffed. "I am not an artist nor a historian." He looked around the library with his hands on his thin hips.

He was growing more and more frustrated. This book was starting to become more useless to him by the second.

Gav Mortis
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:13:43 AM
"Be patient Jehova," Gav replied, "It is historical references in verse form but the properties of this text are not to be scoffed at. You learn the tongues of both Culaman and Warashi, then this book will grant you what you want."

He held the book out ceremoniously and added with a smile, "That is the secret to the ancient ways. You recieve what you give, the harder you work, the greater the reward. Can you take on this challenge?"

Jehova Eaven
Sep 14th, 2002, 01:55:59 PM
Gav called it a challenge, this peaked his interest. He grabbed the book with a coy smile and merely said, "I accept."

He had a mission to accomplish; to learn the languages neccesary to read the book. To become what his mother wanted him to become; a scholar.