PDA

View Full Version : Resource question and Xa Fel check points

Captain Tohmahawk
Jan 31st, 2002, 01:55:26 AM
I'm about to wrok out exactly what Drecker is takign to Xa Fel.

I have as a definate the Argus, the Defender and the smaller NRSF ships. I was hoping I can have the Herensa fleet and aslo a few from the third

The basic idea is this....

1) Defender emerges first. As it has a planetary class shield array, it occured to me that would make a bloody good mine sweeper. Given it is also the second largest legal (barely) ship, it is fully capable of holding off anything that can scramble to intercept. Other craft can re-enter behind in the safe zone behind it.

2) With the Xa Fel defence forces being drawn off to try and do something about Defender, Argus would appear some minutes later to really ruin Xa Fel's day. It will simply transmit it's ultimatum and fire at a station to show it means buisness. Realistically, it wouldnt matter how strong the remain defenses are, having two huge craft, one playing merry hell on anything space worthy, the other ready to atomise the planet, i think surrender is the only option.

3) Negotiation. I view this as the longest part of the thread. This I'll write up and cut up as smaller posts and make it sound realistic.

to be honest, all I need is Argus. But I wish for other resources to be able to do something if TGE pull an attack out of their arses.

AdmiralAckbar247
Feb 11th, 2002, 10:30:33 AM
The mineweeper approach is a new one. Have never thought of that. It could also be used to create pathways into asteroid fields etc.

How about I marked part of the NR fleet reserve unit for NRSF? This way you would always have some extra ships available if needed.

Anther possibility is, I could assign one of your characters responsibility for a section of Ackbar's fleet.

Let me know whenever you need some support.