PDA

View Full Version : The Domark Array

Jyanis Scorpion
Mar 21st, 2002, 06:59:37 PM
I formally propose to the New Republic High Command that research be allowed for the construction of the Domark Array. The array would be just over one kilometer in length and about two hundred and fifty meters in width and height. Once built the array would have an above average maintainence need in comparison to some starships its size, but the crew count would remain relatively low.

Simply put, it's main purpose would be as a holonet switchboard for the New Republic. With the help of the Domark Array, holonet messages could be transferred back and forth in real-time without distortion, as long as the Domark Array was active. The powerful system could also be use as an intelligence tool, with its high amount of message interception equipment. Undetectable, but limited, of course. It would have to know where to look. The array could also double as a research station. I also propose a suitable site for the array: the gas giant Yavin. The system is friendly, extremely well protected, and of course, the array would have the watchful eye of the Jedi.

As for structure, the Domark Array would compose of a giant sphere, with a support brace extending from each side. At the end of each brace, multiple connections would be made to large rectangular pieces and at the very end of each would be high powered sensor equipment.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 21st, 2002, 07:29:11 PM
Actually, I'd like to keep military installations as far from Yavin as possible. The array could be just fine there, but keep the proccessing equipment elsewhere.

Eggs in seperate baskets, if you would.

Jyanis Scorpion
Mar 21st, 2002, 10:01:08 PM
You make a good point there. With the power of the array, all information could be immediately transferred to Arcan IV.

If this idea was successful and proved to be a useful tactical tool, I was thinking about maybe a twin array on the other side of the galaxy to double its effectiveness.

Cmdr Lafeyette
Mar 21st, 2002, 10:09:18 PM
I agree with both points. You'd need a well protected system, yet one out of the way that's rarely visited and practically unheard of.

Jyanis Scorpion
Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:16:16 PM
I'm hearing approval, so I believe now I should consult the GJO? As we literally going to be putting it right over their heads.

Marcus QDunn
Mar 27th, 2002, 09:36:17 PM
No need to ask permission of the Jedi if it comes to Arcan IV.

Yavin is the Jedi's to decide on, Arcan IV is NRSF's to decide on :)

Jyanis Scorpion
Mar 27th, 2002, 10:29:19 PM
Yeah putting the array around Arcan IV would work out. I'll start the research soon. Any ideas on where an identical array could be placed?