PDA

View Full Version : Want to go pop-upless?

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Feb 10th, 2002, 11:28:04 PM
Do we have enough people and interest to go CSC? According to the price guide it would be $6 a month unless we somehow go over 10,000 hits a month. Think we have enough people to chip in for that?

Xylon Ranthra
Feb 10th, 2002, 11:42:56 PM
By overall activity, it appears to be enough, depending upon the contributions.

Personally, I'd be willing to contribute a good chunk.

Cmdr Lafeyette
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:38:01 AM
I'm too young to contribute money, but I still wouldn't. It's not worth it, no matter what board.

AdmiralAckbar247
Feb 11th, 2002, 09:27:05 AM
I would be willing to contribute a good chunk as well.. say 1/3 of the running costs or more.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:21:06 AM
I do go popup-less. I downloaded a popup blocker and cracked it =]

AdmiralAckbar247
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:23:25 AM
It is also possible to disable java scripting at browser preferences in IE or do like me; use the "refuse pop-up windows" setting in Opera.

However, pop-ups are known to kill traffic, so if we are to become a living community people want to visit, we should concider the upgrade anyway or install phpBB. Since the introduction of Master Accounts, I have not personally seen any popups for a while, but I can imagine the annoyance.

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:27:35 PM
I could install the pop-up filter at home, and plan to.

But when I'm at work, I can't disable JavaScript or anything or I can't go to most web sites. And for obvious reasons, I can't install the pop up filter crack.

Besides, not everyone knows or implements these things. Some people access the boards through Internet Cafes, libraries, and college labs. It's more for the community at large than for any individual.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 18th, 2002, 04:03:25 AM
I'd much rather move to PHP vb than give ezfrell money.