PDA

View Full Version : State of the Galaxy

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:25:46 AM
This is information that we need to share with all of the New Republic's Allies. The Galactic Empire has gone on a mad grab for planets since the sudden disappearance of TSE from the interstellar political scene.

They've now started FOUR virtually simultaneous threads going after planets on this list. Assuming they don't return to the bad old days of taking and conquering in three posts, we still have time to liberate the as many of the remaining planets on the list as we can:

Hensara System
Dilonexa system
Alzoc
Bseto
Cilpar
Gandle Ott
Indikir
Jeyell
Munto Codru
Nepe
Ord Mantell
Orellon
Procopia
Swedlan
Tana
Timbra Ott
Vycynith
Xa Fel
Talsea

These planets below are in non-fleet threads already:
Bakura (Jedi)
Kessel (Sanis)

These are on the ones currently being annexed by TGE:
Bespin
Fondor
Dubrillion

Byss (This one is actually older, and moving at a slug's pace. We can't really realistically go after it anyway since getting kicked out of the Inner Core. This one is TGE vs TSO.)

TGE fleet leaders that I count are:
Viscera (Diktat)
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Admiral Lebron
Telan Desaria
Zorin Hexes

At this point, I don't think we can afford to go confront TGE directly. My proposed strategy is to resecure the systems that we can and blockade TGE space where we can.

Even though he has improved greatly in the last several months, he still cares more about owning planets like baubles than long-term military strategy. His tactics have two large holes.

1) He goes after systems with such overkill it would have made Tarkin himself blanch. This ill-conceived use of resources HAS to leave some place on their map open to attack. We need better and faster Intel so that we know where to strike when they make these maneuvers.

2) They are spread almost randomly across the galaxy. There is little rhyme or reason in what system they occupy. Their supply chains are a logistic nightmare regardless if they are based on Bastion or Coruscant. This makes them vulnerable to blockade.

Satine Capashen has already moved on Zhar. Scorpion has named a number of worlds that have likely loyalists to his forces. A couple of those are already being annexed, but that still gives him a place to start.

That's as much strategy as I want to discuss at this point. For now, we need to focus on liberating the worlds that TSE has left behind and establishing our presence out there before we can take the fight to them.

AdmiralAckbar247
Jan 29th, 2002, 12:48:58 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the strategy ahead. Some good points to ponder.

* First, I would like to say, the "conquer in 3 day" tactic, is no longer accepted at swfans.net, so even if TGE decide to go mad on us, it is a procedure which will take time to organise, and give us a chance to react. This would suggest it is a good time for us to establish strongholds in some systems.

* I agree avoiding direct confrontation with TGE at this point is seems to be strategically advantagous at this point. That is, if it is possible and TGE does not attack us first (example; taking of Zhar thread).

* The way TGE spreads his fleet is a logistic nightmare. Zhar for example, is on the opposite side of the galaxy of TGE theritory. Then he (Viscera) randomly picks off some planets, some systems which I dont understand the excact reasons for the sudden interest (except Fondor for its shipyard industry). Bespin is not what it used to be since Cloud City went kaboom, and Dubrillion somehow does not seem the most exciting place.

Captain Tohmahawk
Jan 29th, 2002, 02:57:12 AM
After you told me what is at Xa fel, I really began to wonder WTF TGE is thinking. Dubrillion and Zhal make no sense at all.

Ahhh well, Xa Fel will be a very worthwhile addition.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:42:12 AM
Personally, I think we all need a standard map so we could re-organize territory to a logical manner.

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:57:33 AM
Actually ... I've looked at the map created for the NJO books and I look at the online SW map that Viscera claimed that he's used since GMA ... their holdings don't make sense on either, IMO. Even if they would stay consistent with a region of space (Core, inner rim, outer rim, etc) I'd be happy. But they go through every region.

Creating a standard map would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 1st, 2002, 07:39:28 AM
The more one tightens one's grip, the more star systems will slip through one's fingers.

Imperial Intelligence found that out the hard way.

For the moment, I can provide limited assistance in the form of information and commandos. That will soon change, but I do have a number of hidey-holes on Coruscant itself, as well as a very well-developed base of operations there.

Then, there are a few Star Destroyers I can lend to any given fight...

Cmdr Lafeyette
Feb 12th, 2002, 03:16:53 AM
The strategies mentioned are great, and TGE's weaknesses are appearant. However if we start taking planets, TGE might see it as a challenge to a race for the most planets. I know that isn't what we plan on doing, however some might view it that way and blame us for doing the same at them.

I have a few fun ideas on how to liberate worlds while tricking TGE at the same time. Something involving a lure, a little deception, and a lot of confusion. I still don't have any details worked out yet, but if anyone's interested, I'll get to work on it.

Major Winter
Feb 12th, 2002, 04:27:42 AM
Munto Codru is the TSE homeworld and Ord Mantell is owned by the Sha's .. can't really go after them FYI

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Feb 12th, 2002, 06:10:51 AM
Thanks for the Intel. Makes our list of targets easier to manage.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:15:32 AM
Point the NRSF and something and consider it ours.

Mind you, DT gives gross overestimations of our numbers and to a degree, our resources.

The NRSF is primarily a ground force, and has enough of a navy to keep itself out of trouble during insertions and retrivials.