PDA

View Full Version : Issue of lending aid to the Viashino Empire

General Dodonna
Jul 16th, 2001, 04:39:37 AM
This thread has been posted at the New Republic Intelligence Forum.

angellink11
JEDI
(7/12/01 2:53:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Giving aid to the Via...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leia what do you thin we should do. If you decide that we should help than we should send as many ships as we can without weakening our defences and if possible I'd like to take Wraith Squadron with me as well.

Edited by: angellink11 at: 7/12/01 4:01:17 pm

Leia Solo
Chief of State
(7/12/01 4:45:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Giving aid to the Via...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well.. it'd be better to help them out and retain a friend, then to let them suffer and gain an enemy.

i dont, for the life of me, kow how viscera has the fleets aranged. (wonderful lack of cummunication ...)

hmm... take the katana fleet, wraith squadron, and whatever else you feel the need to take. there should be a few mon. cal. cruisers laying around somewhere that could be of help, and would not bee too terribly missed.

General Dodonna
Fleet Commander
(7/13/01 5:13:44 pm)
Our Navy is divided nearly equally among three fleets, the First, Second, and Third, numbering 152, 117, and 116 warships, respectively. I would advise against deployment as those fleets are currently protecting Kuat, our most valuable planet, in addition to nearly 350 medium frigates which are under construction at said shipyards until August 7th.

An attack on the Empire would also be a dastardly breech of the Imperial/New Republic non-aggression pact, and an act of war. Forgive me my ignorance of political matters, but how will it look to the galactic community if it is the Republic which violates a peace accord with the Empire, rather than vice versa?

OOC:Leia, you know my AIM address. My email address is neo_sapien@hotmail.com, and my private message button is always there.

angellink11
JEDI
(7/14/01 8:36:22 am)
What would it look like if we don't lend aid to our allies.

General Dodonna
Fleet Commander
(7/15/01 8:34:42 pm)
Show me the signed document proclaiming the Viashino Empire to be the military allies of the New Republic.

I'll tell you now, I, the General-in-Chief of the New Republic Military, signed no such document, and the Commander-in-Chief of the New Republic Military, Admiral Ackbar, has not signed any such document, to my knowledge.

Therefore there must be no such document.

Milom Sargast
Jul 16th, 2001, 12:21:02 PM
The potential losses outweigh the potential gains in this scenario. As much as I trust in my abilities to thwart this invasion...we will have to remain idle, for now. We have bigger fish to fry, soon.

Captain Tohmahawk
Jul 16th, 2001, 01:45:31 PM
Agreed. The Jedi have volunteered to sort that mess out, let them. I suspect they can do a good job of it and the negotiations will be in good hands