PDA

View Full Version : Getting myself acquainted

General Dodonna
Mar 19th, 2001, 04:59:57 PM
1. Shall I interfere in the Osarian platform thread? I could have a CC-7700 exit hyperspace at the station, drag in a mon cal cruiser and a nebulon-G frigate with the active grav well, and drive them off, if you wish.

2. I'd like to be assigned a fleet, so that I'll have ships to work with.

3. I'd like to make sure that the output of our shipyards is maximized. It doesn't make sense to have idle yards.

4. I'd like to be made a mod/admin here, and if possible at the NRCC.

5. I'd like to make some organizational adjustments to the NR fleet, where necessary. Fleets should be categorized by numbers, not names, and we need to reassign our forces to those who are active, and possess adequate roleplaying abilities.

Senator Mon Mothma
Mar 19th, 2001, 10:25:16 PM
Hi, this is Yog. :)

1. Not yet. I would certainly not want to drive them off, since that thread is too good of an opportunity for a good old fashion fleet duel. Judging by the few numbers of ships they have pulled in so far, that appears to be what they want. Will give you the signal to jump in later. Anyway, first I have to post, before anything happens, lol.

2. Agreed. This is just a matter of redistributing some of the ships. Have to look at the fleet status first. Will give you a notice about this shortly.

3. I strongly agree. If you like, you may freely administrate all of the 5 40,000 meter shipyards and build whatever you want for the fleet. I notice you are have already started a ship order there. Perhaps building ships for your personal fleet for a while would be a good idea. This way, you have full creative freedom to compose your fleet the way you prefer.

4A: You are now administrator here.

4B: NRCC, you might be surprised to know I actually dont have adm or mod access there myself. That board is owned by Leia Solo (not JK Leia Solo) and General Solo. A long time ago, I joined that board rather than creating a new board. The reason was, I concidered an already established and active swfan.net roleplay community to have greater potential for recruiting and for further growth. This way, both the original board owners and NR as a group could benefit.

However, due to different OOC circumstances, I never really got started on that, the ship building stalled as well as the posting. In addition, most of the posters there seem really busy IRL, as well as varios other OOC reasons for not getting active in the RP. However, I do hope they will be able to join in the swfan.net a more active manner sometime in the future, especially when they see OOC rivalry ends and a more positive tone is developed between the fleet roleplayers.

My initial thought about creating this board was making this a recruitment and training center to start with, and gradually expand so it later could become de facto headquarters for New Republic operations. Notice, this is still a half finished board.

In fact, it is so new, I have not had the chance to inform anyone about this place..

Btw, feel free to tweak around with forum layout if you like. There is nothing I cant change back to original settings. For the moment, in order to not attract uneccesary attention to our activities and what we are up to, I would prefer if the board remains non public (unsearchable) for a while until a more substancial number of members have been recruited. This means continuing using the old board for ship building for now.

5. Agreed. However, call me silly, I do like the idea of fleets having codenames in addition to fleet number. For example, the ships in "Storm fleet" have names inspired by weather phenomenon. I would like to hear what your suggestions are though.

Hope that answers some of your questions for the moment. :)

General Dodonna
Mar 20th, 2001, 01:31:59 AM
5. Alright. How about we make the official fleets as #1, #2, etc, but we use code names in our secret transmissions?

Btw, in regards to secret transmissions, my friend is a programmer. He made the code transmission system for the Empire and imp intel. As soon as he gets back on AIM, I'm going to ask him to make one for the NR.

AdmiralAckbar247
Mar 25th, 2001, 01:54:12 PM
Good ideas.

Darth Viscera
Mar 25th, 2001, 02:48:56 PM
My friend developed the en/decrypter for the NR. Here is the link:

www16.brinkster.com/wlabiche/NR-E.zip (http://www16.brinkster.com/wlabiche/NR-E.zip)