PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Vs India

Jedi Master Carr
May 24th, 2002, 09:10:20 PM
Well I started an old thread on this subject but it is long gone I am sure, but I just wanted to say it looks like things are getting worse there. India is threating war, and there are rumbles that Pakistan will then use its nukes because it knows it cannot win a war with India. I am hope that doesn't happen it would be the worst event in human history. Here is what would happen from a report I read tonight by scientists, they say that if Pakistan and India only used 10% of its nuclear arsenel that 2.6 million would die in India and 1.8 in Pakistan from the strike, of course radiation poision would kill even more probably 1/3 of each country maybe more, and that is just being low think if they each used 1/2 of their arsenels you would probably be looking at 2/3 of the population dead in each country and the radiation would spread from China to Israel. This is a crisis that needs to be prevented and our nation has done very little to prevent it, I admit we have our own problems and we have been more concerend with the Israel and ignored this problem but now if we don't do something we could be looking at one of the worst catastrophes that has ever effected human history.

Jedieb
May 24th, 2002, 10:31:51 PM
I remember that old thread. It's been awhile since we've gotten that serious around here. We sometimes get caught up in all the excitement and forget there are much more serious issues out there. I don't even know where or how the U.S. could begin to have an impact there. With so much attention and resources being devoted to the situation in Israel, Pakistan and India have taken a back seat. The bloodshed and the mistrust run deep between those two nations. Ethnic and religious strife, militaries itching to impose brutal solutions. I just don't know what the U.S., or any other nation can do about it. A nuclear exchange between those countries would be devasting. It could have a far reaching effect. Radiation travels, and today's weapons are more powerful than the bombs dropped on Japan in 45.

Jedi Master Carr
May 24th, 2002, 10:34:58 PM
I know its scary and I think that is why I posted it because people were talking about how if AOTC doesn't bet SM it is the end of the world, well here is an even grimer situation and maybe it can help us come to grips with the whole box office thing.

Jedieb
May 24th, 2002, 11:59:54 PM
They've got a million troops stationed along their borders. Even if they don't use nukes the potential for bloodshed is staggering. This won't be a clean U.S. war, with minimal losses. The death toll could be brutally high on both sides.

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2002, 12:07:12 AM
I know and lots crazy is its over one little piece of land smaller than most US states, though I admit it is a religious issue Hindus and Muslims really hate each other more than any other two religious groupls.

Marcus Telcontar
May 25th, 2002, 08:01:06 AM
Problem is, India is basically wanting to fight. I dont see that they WANT to have peace right now. What to me is really scary is that I dont think either side would have a worry about throwing atomics at each other and the the consequences. Plus, this is a situation the USA can't really intervene in well. In this case, I dont know what anyone else could do. It's a bad lose / lose situation for a third party to become involved, to try and stop this madness.

ReaperFett
May 25th, 2002, 10:48:32 AM
Getting in the middle is the reason the US has problems with some nations already. It's safer they stay out, IMO

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2002, 11:16:19 AM
Maybe Russia or China should try to mediate it. They are closest to both countries and have more at stake than anybody else. I am sure China and Russia doesn't want radiation crossing over into their borders.

JMK
May 25th, 2002, 04:09:57 PM
Well Pakistan conducted tests today with ballistic missiles that are capable of carrying conventional and nuclear warheads. The missle flew like 1500km, so it could easily reach deep into India. Bush and Putin condemned the tests, but is that enough? Hell no. This is getting scary...

Jedi Master Carr
May 30th, 2002, 11:19:51 AM
It looks like it is getting closer, India is loading up missles on its border, the problem with that is they are conventinal but if they fire them, the Pakistanians could misinterp them as nukes and fire nukes themselves. This is getting really dangerous, Bush is sending Rumsefield over there next week but will be too late? War could have started by then. Also some people are predicting if there is an all out nuclear exchange 12 million will die instantly, that is not counting radiation poisioning and starvation which wouldl kill higher numbers.

JMK
May 30th, 2002, 12:41:06 PM
Someone's got to talk some sense into them. This ain't cool.

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2002, 02:45:10 PM
Problem is, the leadership of the countires I dont think really realise what war will do to their people.

JMK
May 30th, 2002, 04:49:33 PM
Well then they should be made to realize. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 30th, 2002, 04:58:31 PM
LOL did Anakin rub off on you. :p Seriously I think the US should send somebody over there tomorrow, sending Rumsfield over there at the end of the next week is stupid it could have started by then. This is the worst moment I think since the Cuba Missle crisis but in that situation we actually had leadership that wanted to prevent nuclear war, these guys I am not too sure about.

JonathanLB
May 31st, 2002, 03:54:53 AM
"This is a crisis!"

Does that line ever get old?! ;)

"Well then they should be made to realize."

LOL, yes they should be!!! Damnit.

Yeah the whole situation around the world lately is very unstable, not a very good time at all. 9/11 was horrible for more than just the United States, I mean our allies realize that the type of terrorism we suffered is not just capable of happening here, but that they are in very real danger of terrorism themselves because the terrorists see all of us, all of the powerful nations, as threats and evil empires. The U.K. especially. I think, ironically because of how the U.S. was born, that the U.K. is definitely our closest allied country. Even though we bailed those French idiots out, they don't care, they still show little respect. They make fun of us over there, they disagree publicly with a lot of our decisions, they are not very good allies and their army is not very useful either... lol.

Hopefully this entire situation in India and Pakistan calms down, but I am not sure what exactly is going to cause that or force that because it seems only to be escalating.

ReaperFett
May 31st, 2002, 06:50:13 AM
Jon, one thing. The US makes fun of France a lot also :)

Oh, and most of the world does publicly disagree with a lot of the US descisions.

JMK
May 31st, 2002, 09:19:30 AM
Yeah, pick up one issue of Maxim or Stuff, and you'll see how much the French are ridiculed.

Jedi Master Carr
May 31st, 2002, 11:09:47 AM
Its not just here though, I was watching CNN and they showed some London Pub and the Soccer fans were all excited that France lost its first match, they were saying they were happy the French lost (they won the last one that could be part of it too).
As far as India and Pakistan, its not getting any better they are both thinking about using Nukes first according to some report (India had a policy where it wouldn't but now they are reexamining it.) This is getting serious, that is why I think we should have sent somebody overthere today not late next week, by then they could have started fighting and launched nukes at each other.

ReaperFett
May 31st, 2002, 11:14:10 AM
It's partially because it's the WOrld Cup winners losing to Senegal :)

JMK
May 31st, 2002, 11:21:06 AM
Did Zidane play? He's the only player that scores for them. What was the final?

I hope Pakistan and India don't have soccer teams and end up meeting each other somewhere along the way.

Jedi Master Carr
May 31st, 2002, 11:37:08 AM
I haven't heard that either country is in it, but I don't know for certain. Also I read the the US and Britain told all non essential personal that it would be best if they left India, that is not a good sign, IMO.

ReaperFett
May 31st, 2002, 11:44:55 AM
Zidane was injured :)

Finished 1-0, and neither India nor Pakistan ever gets anywhere near

Admiral Lebron
May 31st, 2002, 01:22:00 PM
When war starts. Pray its conventional.

JonathanLB
May 31st, 2002, 04:22:18 PM
I'm praying, lol.

Dudes, nobody likes France. LOL. Seriously. Yeah we make fun of the French all of the time, but that's because they deserve it! :)

Sometimes we make fun of the Brits too, but no more than we make fun of ourselves. In that case it's good natured ribbing, because we are definitely closely allied countries with pretty similar people, same great language (hehe), etc.

Well if some other country comments about the U.S., like to say they disagree with a decision, well fine, but when it's the French saying we shouldn't use force or whatever, that is a little bit pitiful considering the French wouldn't know how to fight a war if their lives depended on it, and it DID DEPEND ON IT once and they got run over. LOL, we had to go bail their sorry behinds out. And the gratitude we get is being made fun of by those frogs ;)

JMK
May 31st, 2002, 04:28:02 PM
Yes, but Laetitia Casta is french, so all is forgiven.

ReaperFett
May 31st, 2002, 04:32:04 PM
And Eric Cantona :)

JonathanLB
May 31st, 2002, 04:33:56 PM
Laetitia Casta is one of the hottest babes ever born! :) I love her, lol. I am sure I could dig up a few pictures if I looked hard enough ;) Haha, ok actually it wouldn't take a lot of work given I have a folder of her pictures, LOL. She rocks too much not to have a few pics of...

Good lord, that is the only thing the French have done right, haha.

JMK
May 31st, 2002, 04:48:59 PM
A few pictures????

Anyway, back to the conflict, the families of diplomats from U.S., U.K. and Canada have been advised to get the hell out of dodge before the poop hits the fan.

JonathanLB
May 31st, 2002, 07:50:16 PM
Ok a few = about 20. :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 31st, 2002, 09:29:54 PM
Yeah its not getting any better. Also about the French yes we do make fun of them but you got to admit if it wasn't for them we would still be controlled by the US, they were the deciding the deferenece in the war. When the French arrived at Yorktown they had Cornwails surrounded and it made the British Parliament (who were split over the conflict to begin with) decide to let us go. They could have tried to kept the colonies, they hadn't sent over that many troops, they just didn't think 13 colonies were that important. Ok end of the history lesson.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:18:53 PM
Things aren't getting better here is the most reason update
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&ncid=716&e=3&u=/ap/20020603/ap_on_re_as/kashmir_fighting_4

Not only are they shooting at each other but the Indian PM said he will not meet with the Pakistan leader. I have a feeling that war is getting close.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:43:07 PM
I just cant see a way either side is going to back down. I wish I could, but I dont. I really think this isnt goign to end without a fight. I pray it's not nuclear

Jedieb
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:18:54 PM
A nuclear exchange could result in over 10 millions dead. They'll be some U.S. casualties in their as well. The U.S. has been evacuating civilians, but I can gaurantee you they'll be some military and civilian personnel that won't be able to be evacuated. Not that those casualties are any more important than the millions of civilians that could perish on both sides, but a nuclear exchange over there will hit home to some Americans. I don't care what nation it is, but hopefully someone can step in and help mediate a solution. I'd even take the Chinese at this point, but the Russians or the French may be our best hope.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:57:35 PM
Well China wants no part of it from what I hear so the Russians will be the best bet because they are so close and do not want a nuclear exchange, lets pray that this war never happens.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:44:32 PM
Well things are looking grim read this from a british newspaper
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/06/06/wkash06.xml&sSheet=/portal/2002/06/06/ixport.html

Man those guys are stupid they say oh we are only going to invade for a week and leave like it would be that easy. Pakistan would be really angry and attack with everything they had and then it would be all out war and that could lead to nukes. I guess they think it will be as easy as it was for the Isreaels in the West Bank or the US in Afghanistan they are really stupid if they think that, and if they think Pakistan would just sit there and let them do it. I really disliked how they said the western countries should be warning people to leave. Hello,when there is even a 10% chance it could happen, you are damn right we should warn people how arrogant and naive of them to be saying such stupid things.

And that isn't the only hot spot, after another sucide Bombing the Isreales again surrouded Arafat's compound and they are threatening of taking on the Islamic Jihad and Hamas in Gaza, I don't think there are enough diplomats to solve these problems.

JMK
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:15:19 PM
I don't think there are enough diplomats to solve these problems.
...or Jedi.:(

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:17:16 PM
LOL True