PDA

View Full Version : Just Like Old Times (Open)

Cherice St_Hilare
May 24th, 2002, 08:35:58 PM
A sinister grin formed on the soft, pink lips of Cherice as she glanced up at the familiar building of Yog's.

< Xazor ... Time to come out and play. >

She silently sent the message through the Force, her words echoing slightly. With silver-blue eyes glinting, she pushed the doors open and stepped inside, breathing in the aroma of the friendly place.

< In here, Xazor ... Don't be shy. >

Tonight, she felt like playing games ... Maybe something like, " Cat and Mouse. " Yes, that's what she would do. String Xazor along like some puppet and then cut the chords when it was unexpected. It would be ... fun. Choosing a table that was well hidden by the corners (and neglected by whoever cleaned the place, for the table was dusty), she sat down. It was quite obvious that the table had been forgotten for quite some time, having no light source spare the unlit candle that adorned its top. Holding out her forefinger and thumb, she pinched the wick and whispered a spell.

Fire leap from my fingers
And on this wick you do linger
Light a flame for us to see
What shall come and what shall be.
Past, future, present
Show it all to me !

The heat began to rise in the flame stinging her fingers, but she didn't mind. Infact, she relished the pain. Slowly removing her pale fingers, she saw a spark ignite and a steady flame begin. It was perfect, except that one thing was missing.

Xazor.

Xazor Elessar
May 24th, 2002, 09:13:19 PM
Xazor heard the eerie voice inside of her mind as she was on her way to the Bar and Grill. For some reason she felt drawn there this particular night. As she stepped past security, she did not have to hand over her weapons because of her rank. Looking around the establishment, she closed her eyes and sought out the life force which had brought her here...Cherice...she thought the name to herself. The Knight opened her eyes and spotted the one whom she sought. As Xazor made her way across the bar, her red robes flowed behind her like ocean waves, and her Garou Warrior braids swayed with each step she took. The gold coins interwoven in them clanged together softly until she stopped at the dusty table in the back corner. Bowing with respect to the woman, Xazor smiled toothily, her elongated canines well exposed and gleaming in the light of the bar.

"Greetings my friend....it has been a while."

She said softly. The silver specks in her deep blue eyes caught the dim light and reflected it light broken glass does. She took the empty seat across from Cherice and steepled her fingers together on the table.

"Why do you bring me here this eve?"

The Garou Knight asked curiously, knowing there had to be a more direct reason than just catching up.

Cherice St_Hilare
May 24th, 2002, 09:31:43 PM
" Ah .. I see you have discovered more about your ... heritage. "

Cherice glanced at the "tribal" braids then at the canines that were revealed for a slight moment only.

" Congratulations once more on your promotion in rank. I see that you serve the Lightside well. "

Peering into Xazor's blue eyes, she suddenly felt herself fall into the endless depths of her past ... Xazor's past. All the beatings, sorrows, pain, anguish, love - Everything. Slightly disgusted with herself, Cherice shook herself out of it. This whole soul thing was still new to her.

" Friend, you have cursed me with a blessing, and I bless you with a curse. Now, however, it is a time when I do not know if thy are a friend. Are you really ? The Darkside is strong within me, and I do not care for the Light. They say opposites attract, is that why half of your soul lurks within me ? "

Xazor Elessar
May 24th, 2002, 10:00:13 PM
Xazor nodded gently.

"Indeed...I have discovered more about my true self. I have the sprit of a wolf inside of my heart...and I am proud of my Garou heritage."

She said, flashing her elongated canines once again, another thing she took pride in.

"And I thank you once again for your congratulations. I serve the Light with all that I am....and I can feel the darkness within you has strengthened as well."

She let the words linger as she felt Cherice falling into her mind and soul once again. She opened herself completely, not hiding anything. Then the woman across from her seemed to snap back to their imminent reality. Her words did not shock Xazor at all...only disappointed her slightly.

"I suppose you have cursed me....but I live on as normal as possible. I do consider you my friend, but if you do not feel the same...then that is your choice. I still stand with my feelings, though. I suppose it is true that opposites attact....that is indeed why part of my soul lives within you."

She nodded slightly and spoke with gentleness, hoping that Cherice would understand all that she said and felt.

Thea Loranis
May 24th, 2002, 10:33:10 PM
She couldn't help but overhear the conversation, and thoughts raced wildly throughout her head. Chit chat like that didn't seem too normal ..

Cherice St_Hilare
May 24th, 2002, 10:39:11 PM
" The only curse that has befallen upon you because of me is living each day knowing that a part of you is inside a Darksider ... "

Cherice sighed slightly, noticing that Xazor showed off her canines once more. The corners of her lips curved up into a smile.

" Careful, Xazor ... Too much pride is not recommended .. Especially in a Jedi. "

Xazor Elessar
May 24th, 2002, 10:41:31 PM
Xazor grinned to herself and shook her head.

"I am not prideful to the point of harm...I am proud of who I am and who I have become. Nothing wrong with keeping high self-esteem."

She said gently. A sever droid passed by and Xazor ordered a Strawberry Daiquerie. She then looked to Cherice and motioned for her to order.

"Have what you like....it's on me.....friend..."

She said softly, a warm smile danced upon her lips.

Cherice St_Hilare
May 24th, 2002, 11:42:35 PM
" One soul, please. Preferably one of a virgin sixteen year old female. "

She glanced over at Xazor and saw her face somewhat twisted with a mixture of horror and disgust. Chuckling slightly, she winked.

" Actually, I'd like a Mudslide. "

The droid beeped and rolled away to prepare it.

" Sorry, I just couldn't resist. "

Xazor Elessar
May 24th, 2002, 11:45:46 PM
"Oh....it's quite alright, really...."

She looked down at the table for a moment and sighed a bit of relief. Her eyes then drifted to meet those of Cherice.

"So.....what brings you to the bar this night?"

She questioned with a smile as their drinks were soon delivered to them.

Cherice St_Hilare
May 25th, 2002, 12:20:23 AM
" To see my favourite little Jedi, of course ! "

She said with a grin as she took her drink and set it down on the table.

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 10:42:45 AM
Xazor smiled to herself and nodded slightly.

"Ah, I see....checking up on me, huh?"

She said jokingly. The drinks were brought to their table and set in front of each lady. Xazor took her glass and held it up slightly.

"So, shall we make a toast?"

She questioned with a toothy grin. The silence about them was defening...and hopefully Cherice would be up for a toast...maybe it would lead to more conversation. There was a nagging feeling in the back of Xazor's mind...and a knot formed in her stomach. Something told her that Cherice wasn't here for just conversation...there had to be some malicious behavior. It wasn't everyday that the woman came looking for the Jedi Knight.

Cherice St_Hilare
May 25th, 2002, 12:45:04 PM
" Oh yes .. A toast. "

Raising her glass, she flashed a quick grin to Xazor.

" To the Completion of Mysteries that didn't seem possible. "

She didn't know if Xazor would understand, but she clinked her glass against hers.

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 01:32:14 PM
Xazor didn't understand what Cherice meant by her words. She clinked her class against hers anyway. She moved the glass to her lips and took a sip of the cool liquid before setting it back on the table.

"So...this....Completion of Mysteries, you speak of...what did you mean, if you don't mind my asking."

She had to ask, or she would never know. Nervously, she took another sip of her drink and looked out the window before bringing her eyes back to Cherice.

Cherice St_Hilare
May 25th, 2002, 01:47:51 PM
" Isn't it obvious? The completion is us .. Ah, nevermind. "

It was too hard to explain, really, so she just took a sip of her alcoholic beverage. Setting the glass back down on the table, her blue eyes searched Xazor's.

" Do you wish to say something? "

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 01:57:22 PM
Xazor lofted a brow and then shook her head.

"Not really.....you're just.....different this time."

She said softly as she took another sip of her drink, nearly wiping out half the glass.

Cherice St_Hilare
May 25th, 2002, 02:58:17 PM
" Different .. How so? "

Canting her head to the side, she left her drink untouched.

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 03:11:46 PM
Xazor thought for a moment before she said anything. She did not wish to be blunt, but it was unavoidable.

"You aren't going after anyone....and you haven't reaquested the rest of my soul to make it complete inside you...."

She blurted out. Her cheeks flushed a deep color of crimson when she replayed in her mind what she had said. She looked down at the table for a moment.

"I'm sorry..."

She whispered before nervously taking a sip of her drink. She gingerly set it back on the table and glanced up at Cherice.

Cherice St_Hilare
May 25th, 2002, 04:06:22 PM
The moment of silence was broken by Cherice bursting out laughing.

" Xazor ... I really wasn't after anyone every time we met ... But, oh well. "

She watched Xazor blush and chuckled some more.

" But, I did come here for something ..."

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 04:16:08 PM
Xazor looked up with a curious smile.

"I'm sorry....I shouldn't have assumed...but, what is it you seek now?"

She questioned gently, taking another sip of her drink. It was an odd thing...but she was genuinly interested in what Cherice wanted. Maybe it would relieve the nagging that was in her mind...

Cherice St_Hilare
May 25th, 2002, 05:09:24 PM
" Well, I wasn't lying when I said I came to see you ... "

Leaning forward, she whispered.

" I came for a fight, you see .. You'll know where I am. "

With that, Cherice stood up and tossed a few credits on the table.

< I know you said they were on you, but I felt like I should still pay .. >

With that, she walked away, out of Yog's.

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 05:15:08 PM
Xazor laughed outloud.

"You....want to fight me? That's...that's just fine....."

She whispered to herself as Cherice walked out of the bar. She knew where to find the woman....
Taking the credits in her hand, she walked up to the barkeep and handed them to him. Thanking him, she too left the bar....