PDA

View Full Version : Young Lives. (Closed.)

imported_Kanji
May 24th, 2002, 07:46:37 PM
Coruscant
---

It was nearly midnight in the upper levels of Coruscant; speeders still flew back and forth as if in pure daylight and none of them looked like they would sleep anytime soon. Kanji stood on a landing platform in his usual Black Cloak, the wind blowing through the heavy material with some trouble. The Drakan Padawan’s eyes stared out over the many buildings on the planet.

Behind him, his newly renovated Naboo starfighter sat lifeless in the darkening sky, it’s chrome hull reflecting the stars easily. Breaking his stare at the city, Kanji turned and walked toward the starfighter and climbed into it. The previous night the Drakan had a dream that seemed more like a vision of a planet near his homeworld of Azaroth. From what the dream had showed to him, he knew that there was someone on that planet he was to meet, it didn’t tell him who or what or even an age, just a light. During the dream, Kanji had walked toward the light and felt the power of the Force; a calming, soothing, relaxing, and peaceful aura.

Flipping a switch that activated the thrusters, Kanji’s form shifted from his original form to that of a copper haired man nearly 30 years of age. The seat of the starfighter was made to accommodate a human, not a dragonic species as himself. The Naboo starfighter lifted into the air and soared into space, the coordinates of a planet called Kryn automatically imputed itself into the computer and the starfighter corrected it’s course to the planet of whom he dreamt of.

Once Kanji had exited starship travel space around the planet, he activated the hyper drive and pushed the craft into hyperspace.

Kryn, A planet with lush green jungles and thick forests with beautiful oceans. The only inhabitants that Kanji knew of were the Wartoks, a fearsome race of goblin and ogre like creatures with a tendency enslave races from other planets and bring them to Kryn to work on the lower region’s mining caves digging up the horrid crystal Grimstone.

Kanji knew somehow that the lower regions were where he had to go to find the entity in his dreams. The starship entered the atmosphere and cruised over the thick jungle that Jedi Knight Xazor had shown Kanji for the very first time. He gazed out of the side port as the forest rushed by until the ship came to a clearing, which Kanji landed in.

A few hours later, the Drakan had made his way into another clearing that showed promise of an entry to the mines. Three Wartoks guarded the entrance, knowing that it was against the code of the Jedi to kill without reason, Kanji took the form of a Wartoks captain and made his way up to the mines entrance. The three guards regarded Kanji as a higher force and therefore backed out of the way quite quickly. Moving down the shafts quickly, Kanji felt a trail of helplessness and soon came to a large cavern. Several humans and other creatures hacked away at the glowing emerald Grimstone without much hope. It brought dread to Kanji heart to see a small child, not human but with humanish features save for it’s ears and a white tail that ended in a tuft the same color as the child’s hair, limeish green. The child’s clothes were torn and dirty, in some places Kanji could see cuts that bleed.

Suddenly it hit him so hard he nearly reverted to his normal form; this was the dream entity that he was to save. The child lifted up a large pick and hit the Grimstone once more before he fell down in exhaustion, a taskmaster came forward and was prepared to punish the child but Kanji interfered by stepping infront of the Wartoks and speaking in their tongue.
“Halt. The Emperor Wishes to see this slave.” Kanji spoke with athoritity. The Wartoks taskmaster looked at Kanji then walked off to punish another slave. Turning around, the shapeshifter picked up the half-draekardish child and halfway cradled him and carried the child out of the mines. The guards said not a word as Kanji took the child to his ship in the clearing. By the time He got there, the child was slowly waking up and moaning quietly. Kanji spoke softly and calmly in hushed tones, “Shh shh.. I am here to help you.”

Chance
May 24th, 2002, 07:52:28 PM
The boy in Kanji’s arms tried to escape, thinking it was another of the Wartoks to take him to the pit. When the soothing tones from Kanji entered his catlike ears he stopped to exausted and joyful to do anything else.

His body hung limply in the Drakans arms, his gold eyes trying to see who had saved him. Once Kanji’s face came into focus, Chance attempted a smile.

“Your…the…Jedi in my dreams.. you came to save us… right?” He whispered out, ‘God I am so tired’ he thought to himself, smiling again.

imported_Kanji
May 24th, 2002, 07:54:45 PM
Kanji grinned, “Yes, Child. I have come to save you all.” Kanji morphed back into his original shape, The black robe offering more comfort than the bare plated arms of the Wartoks chief. “How can I save them..” He whispered to himself, seeing the half-draekard trying to get out of his arms to stand. “Hey.. Stay still, your tired and hurt.” Going up to the starship, Kanji placed the half-draekard into the seat behind the pilots and removed the back of his robe for a pillow. “Now, I am going to try to save the others. How many are left?”

Chance
May 24th, 2002, 07:57:50 PM
The child sighed with relief when he was put into the gunners seat of the ship, it was comfortable. “Tell the things at the front to let them leave… There are… thirty or so… I dunno…” He couldn’t keep awake any longer, slowly he drifted off to sleep as Kanji shut the cockpit closed.

imported_Kanji
May 24th, 2002, 07:59:01 PM
‘He’s worth all this…’ Kanji thought to himself, not really knowing why. Turning back to head to the mine entrance, Kanji shifted into the wartoks captain’s form and walked with authority.

“Hail, You Guards! You are dismissed, This mine is to be shut down!” He howled, trying to look mad.

“But… Sire.. There are more Grimstone to be mined and what of the slaves?” One of the three asked, cocking it’s head to the side.

“Leave the slaves, A team is coming to blow the mines along with the slaves. The Grimstone is tainted, no good to the Emperor.” Kanji replied, “Now LEAVE!”

The guards scattered off, more coming out and leaving at the sound of the morphed Drakan’s voice. Soon, only the remaining 28 slaves remained. Shifting into his original form, Kanji summoned the slaves to the entrance. He noticed some humans and others, but the child was the only half-draekard there. “You all are free now, Hide in the woods and a ship will be here within a few hours to take you to a better place.”

The slaves cheered, and thanked Kanji as they left. Kanji smiled, He didn’t have to hurt anyone to do this.. it was… a good thing.

Returning to the starship, and making sure the child was still sleeping, Kanji fired up the turbines and set a course back to the Jedi Headquarters…