PDA

View Full Version : A sense of Deja Vu...

Sanis Prent
May 24th, 2002, 04:59:53 PM
(The double doors swung open with a practiced symphony of creaking hinges and the mumbling buzz of a boozed-up crowd on crescendo. Faint fingers of light caught the hazy dust that hung like morning fog on the inside, reflecting here and there. I was about to hit my usual barstool when I stopped, slowly removing my shades from my face.

Master Yoghurt's bar and grill never seemed to deviate from its eclectic norm, but there was something about the intangibles today that got my hairs standing on the back of my neck. It all seemed like I'd done it before. In any other situation, it would spook me, but I could take it in stride here. After all...in a place of routine, you can't help but get that funny feeling once in a while.

I settled at my barstool, but paused before ordering anything. With a funny grin on my face, I panned to the left and right, taking notice of the faces around me.

Okay...maybe the feeling wasn't just random.)

Xazor Elessar
May 24th, 2002, 05:08:04 PM
Xazor entered the bar and looked around. Seeing no familiar faces, she takes an empty stool beside a man that she had seen a few times before, but had never spoken with. She pushed her Garou warrior braids out of her face and ordered a flask of Correllian Whisky...something to take her mind off of things this day. She turned to face the man for a moment, but then became nervous and looked back at the bartender, as if she had not even seen Sanis as he sat there. She did not do well with introductions....so she sat quietly.

Sophia Harten
May 24th, 2002, 05:52:41 PM
Sophia sighed as she stepped into the bar and headed straight for the counter. She'd had a long shift. Not to mention she hadn't slept for the past 48 hours. It made her somewhat grumpy, and turned her entire back into one gigantic knott. But she knew exactly what would calm her, mentally and physically.

Reaching the bar, she slapped a flat palm on the counter, getting the bar keeper's attention.

Corellian whiskey. Two of em.

She didn't even notice the man to her left, so intent was she on downing the strong liquer and hoping it'd make her pass out.

Sanis Prent
May 25th, 2002, 06:03:43 PM
(Corellian whiskey on my left, and times two on the right. Sometimes, things that spooky happen for no reason, but I was starting to feel downright clairvoyant. Shaking away the weirdness with a laugh, I got the barkeep's attention, and glanced curtly to each of the ladies drinks. He got the message, returning with a stiff double of the brown stuff, on the rocks.

I didn't feel like whiskey today. Maybe I was losing my touch. But for right now, it seemed that fate wasn't ready for me to hang it up.)

Seems like I might be more of a saint than I previously thought. If a Jedi can drink like a mick, then maybe they'll name a planet after me some day.

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 06:07:57 PM
Xazor laughed at his words and took a sip of her whisky.

"Just because I drink doesn't make me less of a Jedi or a person...."

She looked out across the bar and found no familiar faces, so she turned back to Sanis.

"I have met you somewhere before...but my memory fails me as to where. I'm Xazor Dawnstrider, Warrior and Jedi Knight."

She said with a gentle smile, extending her hand in greeting.

Sanis Prent
May 25th, 2002, 06:54:24 PM
(I turned, flashing a half smile)

Name's Sanis Prent. I'm somewhat of a local, I guess.

(Glancing down at her extended hand, my smile widened slightly)

Forgive me if I don't shake hands. I know you mean well, but soothsayers and mindreaders don't make the best of company for pressing the flesh.

(With a small shrug, I lifted my glass to hers, clinking it before taking a notch off the top)

Besides, I doubt that anybody's life hangs in the balance on getting my trust. After all, you're the Jedi here.

Xazor Elessar
May 25th, 2002, 07:10:55 PM
Xazor lofted a brow and slowly took her hand back. It was strange...she had never met anyone who wouldn't shake her hand. He was an interesting fellow...he seemed to not have many cares.

"Yes indeed...I am...a Jedi."

She smiled gently and clanged her glass against his. Taking a sip of the cool liquid, she set it back on the bartop.

"So....you are Sanis Prent...I have met you before. I don't know if you remember....well, it was quite a few monthes ago, nearly a half a year. It's insignificant, I suppose..."

She said softly, looking down at the class that sat in front of her.

Sanis Prent
May 25th, 2002, 10:42:26 PM
(I shook my head)

I guess you have me at a disadvantage. I can't remember anything like that.

Sophia Harten
May 26th, 2002, 12:39:04 AM
Sophia downed the first glass in a long gulp, not even coming up for air. She slammed the glass down and grimaced heartly as the sting from the drink assailed her insides and threatened to eat her alive. Finally able to breathe, she let out a sigh, speaking in a husky voice.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, nothing like a glass of Warren's Reserves to put you on the edge of death.

She half turned to watch as the man next to her drinking something less dangerous than what she had, and then noticed the woman, a Jedi, on the other side of the man also drinking whiskey. She chuckled in spite of herself.

Not feeling adventurous today, Mr. Prent?

Oh, she knew his face quite well. There were countless records on the man back at Intel headquarters, more than she could remember. She smiled as he turned to look at her, then with a nod, she lifted the second glass and did the same to it as she had doen with the first.

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2002, 10:29:29 AM
I'm tossing back drinks in a Jedi bar. I figure that's about as much adventure that I can milk out of this planet. Somehow I doubt the Jedi holo libraries would fit my interest.

Xazor Elessar
May 26th, 2002, 10:37:02 AM
Xazor laughed at his words.

"So...you come here to a Jedi bar and toss back drinks. You consider that adventurous? I guess you're right...we don't seek adventure. Though, the holo libraries are quite nice.."

She said with another laugh as she took a sip of her drink.

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2002, 06:16:55 PM
I'm sure they are...

(I finished the dregs of my drink, running my condensation-dampened hand through my hair, catching a few wayward strands in a swipe.)

...its just not my style.

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2002, 06:28:31 PM
A gentle hand pressed against Sanis' left shoulder and slid over to his right, resting comfortably.

"I'm pretty sure that Sanis rather pay someone to do research for him, then actually do it himself."

She leaned in close to his cheek so he could feel her smile against his skin.

"Or ask me for that matter."

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2002, 07:03:54 PM
(I felt my cheeks redden slightly, as a familiar voice stole my thunder from behind. Turning on my barstool, I smiled a quick smile, laughing softly)

You know, you make it hard to make a living on a one-ship planet like this.

(I winked at Navaria, hopping up)

Navaria Tarkin
May 27th, 2002, 07:10:06 PM
"And since it is a one-ship planet, it's usually you that is here."

She asked playfully before embracing Sanis in a warm hug.

"Besides, you don't like seeing me now?"

Sanis Prent
May 27th, 2002, 10:46:35 PM
Well...you know I got things to do, and there are alot of other pretty faces out there in the galaxy...

(I couldn't hold the poker face though, as the corners of my mouth slowly began to turn up)

Sophia Harten
May 28th, 2002, 12:29:10 AM
The second glass, so close to the first, was starting to give her affect her the way she had hoped. The liquid had sufficiently warmed her insides, and her head was beginning to feel light.

But just to be sure the deed went through all the way, she ordered another Corellian whiskey, and downed it much quicker than the first two. And that did it.

Stnading, she looked to those standing/sitting to her left, and nodded.

A pleasure. But I fear I must depart now before I collapse. Adieu.

With that, she left a tab for the bar keeper, and slowly made her way to the bar's doors, and exited, hailing down a cab to take her to the intel base where she could get to her quarters, and mercifully fall fast asleep.

Xazor Elessar
May 28th, 2002, 07:04:54 PM
Xazor had had three in the time that the two love birds where chit-chatting. She had been fighting off the effects with the Force...but one could only do so much. Smiling crookedly, she rose to her feet....nearly falling over, and bowed.

"Well Sanis......it was nice speaking with you. Navaria....have a good night. Now...where did I put my lightsaber?"

She questioned outloud as she looked around on the floor. It was right on her belt....but she forgot to look there. Finally she spotted the shiny silver hilt and sighed in relief, stumbling out of the bar to head for her room and crash. She needed some sleep and had been unable to sleep well lately. Hopefully the drinks would put her down like she had been hoping.....

Navaria Tarkin
May 28th, 2002, 09:44:21 PM
Navaria looked at Xazor and was confused for a moment until she smelled the alcohol. Watching her friend stumble out of the bar was an amusing reminder to why she decided to give up drinking.

Looking around, it was obvious that Sanis and her were alone at this part of the bar.

"I wonder if I scared them away."

Sanis Prent
May 28th, 2002, 10:00:35 PM
(I suddenly took on a serious demeanor)

Wait a second. I resent that remark...

(With a wink, I slapped my glass to the counter for another double)

...who's the scoundrel here?

Navaria Tarkin
May 28th, 2002, 10:08:14 PM
Navaria found herself laughing as she sat down.

"Well, I was once a scoundrel too... maybe it shows sometimes."

She found a glass of namana juice placed in front of her as the bartender freshened Sanis' drink.

"Course, being a Jedi and on the Council can have that affect too but I dare say, you my dear Sanis have a much grander reputation then I."

She lived for moments like these. Sanis was probably the only person that she really let herself... just be herself. It was one of the reason Navaria loved him so ...

Sanis Prent
May 29th, 2002, 10:32:39 AM
You were never a scoundrel, Nav. At worst...you were a good alibi. And at best...

(I leaned over, expressing my statement in ways that words couldn't convey)

Navaria Tarkin
May 29th, 2002, 01:54:12 PM
She smiled and then leaned in to meet Sanis' kiss. This was the first time that they were together like this in public. There was a part of her that wondered what the other beings would be thinking. A Jedi, let alone a Council Member, with one of the most infamous Scoundrels in the galaxy, kissing in Yogurt's Bar and Grill.

The Force was truly quite strange and unpredictable...

A few moments passed as she pulled away slowly. She let her hand find his and laced her fingers within his.

"So what were you trying to do before I got here?"

She asked with a wink. Navaria was quite sure she hadn't interrupted a business meeting... If he was in the middle of some sort of ... negotiations, she would have waited until Sanis was finished.

A Jedi Knight showing up out of no where puts a damper on such things...