PDA

View Full Version : Extreme measure for the council.

JMK
May 24th, 2002, 09:11:55 AM
When the council see that Anakin is in "Terrible pain" and that his anger is beginning to get the better of him, why couldn't the council rope him in, and turn him over to Yoda or Mace or something instead of Obi-Wan who is relatively inexperienced with training padawans? I can understand the argument that once a padawan and master are paired, they can't be separated until one of them dies or graduates, but given the circumstances, I'm sure the council could have bent the rules a little. What do you all think??

Jedi Master Carr
May 24th, 2002, 11:04:34 AM
Well they didn't see it coming until Anakin killed the Tuskens that is when Yoda saw his pain and by that point they had bigger things to worry about. And since Anakin took Padme back to Naboo so quickly I don't think Yoda had a chance to confront him, they probably should have done something after he had healed but maybe there was just too much going on.

Hunk
May 24th, 2002, 11:12:09 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how they justify the death of almost a hudred jedi to save one.

darth_mcbain
May 24th, 2002, 11:20:03 AM
The council is probably very protective of Anakin, as they believe he is the chosen one.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
May 24th, 2002, 11:22:13 AM
I'm pretty sure Hunk was referring to how Mace takes two hundred Jedi to go rescue Obi-Wan, McBain.

In which case, though, they didn't KNOW that it was a trap and that over a hundred Jedi would die because of it. Nur.

darth_mcbain
May 24th, 2002, 11:28:18 AM
You're right - it was initially to save Obi-Wan, not Anakin. I think the reason for the sheer number of Jedi they brought with them was that they knew Dooku was involved in this somehow (from Obi-Wan's hologram message) and that he was a very powerful threat that could tear the entire Republic apart. From the Jedi's point of view, keeping the Republic intact was priority number one and they knew that they would need a large force to take down Dooku and his army.

Jedi Master Carr
May 24th, 2002, 11:34:21 AM
I think they saw the armies building there as a threat to the Republic, plus they knew the clone army would be coming to help, I don't think they expected that many jedi to die.

Hunk
May 24th, 2002, 11:51:51 AM
Silly jedi. Everyone always underestimates the droids.

JMK
May 24th, 2002, 12:59:26 PM
Yoda felt things that are forbidden for a Jedi way back in TPM, I think he could sense right away that he may be one to keep an eye on.

About the Jedi on Geonosis, a destroyer droid did attack Obi Wan in his hologram back to Coruscant, so it wouldn't take a genius to realize that that probably wasn't the only droid on Geonosis and would require alot of Jedi to help.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 24th, 2002, 01:17:35 PM
I forget what he said EXACTLY in his message, but I'm pretty sure it involved Dooku and the Trade Federation, and massive armies.

Or...maybe I'm wrong. Could be. Its happened before. :p

Gabran Darkysa
May 24th, 2002, 03:04:47 PM
Here you go LD:

"I have tracked the bounty hunter Jango Fett to he droid foundries of Geonosis. The Trade Federation is to take delivery of a droid army here and it is clear that Viceroy Gunray is behind the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala."

"The Commerce Guild and Corporate Alliance have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming an--"

"Wait, Wait!"

;)

Jedieb
May 24th, 2002, 03:29:30 PM
So many Jedi were dispatched to Geonosis to not only help Obi-Wan, but primarily to deal with Dooku and his army. In a perfect galaxy, the Jedi would have liked to have sent even MORE Jedi than they did. It was pretty obvious that 100 or 200 wasn't enough. (Man, I'd like to finally find out just how many and who were there!)

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
May 24th, 2002, 04:39:16 PM
Good points, and well made.

I draw my conclusions from the fact that Mace Windu didn't think the Jedi were impossibly outnumbered. This is even more heavily reinforced by the book version, where Windu is says (or thinks, I forget which) that even a single Jedi is a match for at least a hundred Geonosians.

However, it could be that even though they knew about the droid army and saw the Droideka, that they thought "Oh, look, more droids for the Trade Federation like the Gungans and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fought at Naboo" and dismissed the threat.

Guess they didn't know about the Techno-Union droids. Too bad Obi-Wan didn't have time to complete his message, with a full list of the co-conspirators.

Even with the vast amount of Battle Droids, I believe the Jedi could easily have taken them down if there were no super Battle Droids and not too many Droidekas. Funny thing, the Droidekas aren't shown raising their shields like in TPM.

Darth Viscera
May 25th, 2002, 03:03:33 AM
In Galactic Battlegrounds, there are two types of droidekas: regular (no shields), and heavy (shields)

This would make some sense from a production standpoint, as another major component would be expensive, so the heavy droidekas would mainly be assigned to protect command posts (TF battleships).

Sage Hazzard
May 26th, 2002, 05:13:40 PM
I like the idea of a "All for one, and one for all" deal. Maybe Lucas was borrowing from the Musketeers?