PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think AOTC was a horrible title after seeing the film?

Darth_Ytnom
May 24th, 2002, 09:00:20 AM
Does anyone else think AOTC was a horrible title after seeing the film? I do. Attack of the Clones, doesnt really make sense... still he said once you saw the movie it would make more sense.. The Clones didn't really attack, they where on a rescue mission... I hate that title and it still brings shame to the movie. What do you think?

JMK
May 24th, 2002, 09:02:32 AM
Read this thread, http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18922 (http://)
and you should have your answer. I think the title is great and is really fitting. See Doc's explanation and you'll get it. :)

Xazor Elessar
May 24th, 2002, 09:03:26 AM
I think it was good because ...

there were so many clones! And isn't it true that all of the storm troopers are the clones of Jango?

So in a way...I guess it does make sense. Either that, or it was a way to draw more of an audience! :D

darth_mcbain
May 24th, 2002, 09:10:35 AM
No - I don't think it was horrible. I liked it, and have liked it from the day it was announced. The clones themselves may have been on a rescue mission, but Palpatine has attacked the Republic (under the guise of helping them) with this clone army. And the final scene shows that the Empire is on its way - a definite attack on the Republic.

Darth_Ytnom
May 24th, 2002, 09:16:03 AM
Yes no doubt the plot was great, but the title was crap, should have just been called the clone wars or something,

JMK
May 24th, 2002, 09:18:25 AM
The title is just as cool as The Phantom Menace or Empire Strikes Back when you look a little bit into the real meaning.

darth_mcbain
May 24th, 2002, 09:21:32 AM
"The Clone Wars" would not have worked all that well, because then the title would be "Star Wars Episode II - The Clone Wars" Too many "Wars" in there...

Xazor Elessar
May 24th, 2002, 09:24:36 AM
:lol DMB...yes, too many "Wars" I think that the name is appropriate when you go deep into the meaning of it. Kinda like the scene where Anakin and Dooku were fighting in the dark and all you could see were their faces when the sabers clashed together....very meaningful. They were fighting in the dark, and soon, Anakin would be "fighting in the dark". Get what I mean? So it is meaningful when you look at it that way, I guess. :)

JMK
May 24th, 2002, 09:25:16 AM
Now THAT would be something to complain about! Wow that sounds clunky and lame!:lol

Doc Milo
May 24th, 2002, 02:46:45 PM
If you didn't read the explanation in the link JMK provided, here's the gist of it:

The clones themselves defend, not really attack. But the creation of the clones, the purpose for their creation, the real purpose, not the stated purpose -- so that Palpatine can create a crisis, a war, and through that war, manipulate the Senate into giving him more and more power, which will ultimately lead to him declaring himself Emperor -- thus marking the Republic's demise and the Empires rise -- this is the attack. The clones themselves don't literally attack. But the very creation of the clones is an attack on the precepts of democracy, an attack on the foundation of the Republic. Thus, the clones, figuratively, do attack.

Jedieb
May 24th, 2002, 03:31:20 PM
The clones really do attack at the end, it just happens to be a counterattack, but an attack nevertheless.