PDA

View Full Version : Why was the scene with Dooku using two sabers cut?

Darth_Ytnom
May 24th, 2002, 08:56:02 AM
That would have been amazing! hopefully we'll get a peak on the DVD version.

JMK
May 24th, 2002, 09:04:42 AM
Probably for pacing and timing reasons. Plus, maybe Lucas wanted to make sure that we thought of Dooku as a refined, finesse swordsman that only needs one hand and one saber to fight anyone. He fights in a fencing style which only requires one saber. The 2 saber attack seems more 'brutish' to me, although it is totally cool!

darth_mcbain
May 24th, 2002, 09:16:13 AM
Yeah, I don't know why, although JMK's explanation has merit. I saw some of the images for that on theforce.net and it really looked cool. Does anyone know who he was supposed to wield the second saber against? It would have been sweet if he tried to take down Yoda that way.

Darth_Ytnom
May 24th, 2002, 09:17:53 AM
from what I understand it was to be against Yoda, that would have been cool

JMK
May 24th, 2002, 09:23:55 AM
I think it had to have been vs Yoda because when the duel starts, Anakin and Obi Wan both have their sabers. Then Anakin gets Obi Wan's and has 2. His gets chopped, then loses an arm. After that Yoda shows up, so I don't see when else it would have been possible for him to have 2 sabers.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
May 24th, 2002, 11:26:50 AM
Dooku could have Force snatched Anakin's lightsaber, the one he was holding with the soon-to-be-unattached hand. We don't see that one anymore in the movie... was it blue, though?