PDA

View Full Version : Today proves, the music industry is a mess

ReaperFett
May 24th, 2002, 08:11:26 AM
Few years back, I got a freebie DJ program, called Dance Ejay. I played once, and made a track which was repetietive, and the only line in was "Everybody be cool, YOU, be cool" from From Dusk till Dawn. It was awful, but funny.

Now, few minutes back, stressed from revising(STUDYING:)), I turned the radio on (Would have anyway, I don't miss Chris Moyles:)). While playing with my Electronic Obi Wan sabre (Great stress reliever:)), I heard a song. Repetetive, and with someone saying the FDTD line, but without the Clooney coolness. The music wasn't as good ether.

So, my mucking about beats the pants off most modern music :)

Helenias Evenstar
May 24th, 2002, 08:32:23 AM
I wouldn't be calling the so called modern noise music. I would say it is akin to listening to cats fighting for all the musical quality it possesses

Xazor Elessar
May 24th, 2002, 09:37:05 AM
For a good majority of the music that is out there, yes...but I do appreciate some of it. I especially love...love songs...slow stuff. :) That is how I am, though.

Fett, you have an obiwan electronic saber?? I have an Anakin electronic saber!! :D Yes...very nice to relieve stress.

ReaperFett
May 24th, 2002, 10:24:20 AM
Yeah, I bought it :)

Dissapointed the blade sticks out, wont stay down, and an awful ignite sound, but still a good laugh :)

Morgan Evanar
May 24th, 2002, 10:59:02 AM
I think you all simply listen to the wrong stuff.

Nupraptor
May 24th, 2002, 11:02:16 AM
the only line in was "Everybody be cool, YOU, be cool" from From Dusk till DawnI would have said "Pulp Fiction".

"Tell her, 'B****, be cool'. Go on, tell her!" :)

Xazor Elessar
May 24th, 2002, 12:26:27 PM
:lol Fett...yeah, I am disappointed that the blades stick out...but what is one supposed to do? ;) I agree that the ignite sound could be better, but that isn't something easily duplicated I guess! :)

ReaperFett
May 24th, 2002, 02:18:45 PM
It's FZZZZZUM, not CRACK! :)

It's made me want to learn a martial art :)

Garrett Blade
May 24th, 2002, 04:06:47 PM
I can paint a decent tank! :)

Xazor Elessar
May 24th, 2002, 04:09:15 PM
:lol Yeah, that's it Fett! You have the right sound! I think that CRACK! was a bad choice they made when making the saber. :lol It definatly is FZZZZZUM! :)

You want to learn a Martial Art now, hmmm? :D I have been doing Tae-Kwon-Do for a year and a half! Lots of fun! :)

ReaperFett
May 24th, 2002, 04:12:09 PM
Does that involve weaponary though? :)

Alpha
May 24th, 2002, 05:47:16 PM
Weapons is the only thing I want to learn. :)

Sejah Haversh
May 25th, 2002, 02:25:10 AM
Take Arnis, Eskrima, or Kali, all are heavy wepons involvement. I took Kali for some time, but felt a bit odd because I was the only non-Philippino in the class. I would still eb in it now, but, I ran out of time with school and all. IT is a cool art, if you want to learn sword, dagger, and staff.

Karate is fun, too, but a bit too rigid. I wish there were a good Mugen Jindau school around here...

And I got the Anakin saber for eight bucks because Toys R Us had it mis-marked. But the blade is way too short, and it scares the bejeezus out of my cat.

Sith Ahnk
May 25th, 2002, 03:33:02 AM
I took fencing. I beat two martial artists at the theatre in the Ep 2 line, one who took Sun Hang Do, and one mixed martial artist. I lost to a common thug. :(

Kakita Yoshi
May 26th, 2002, 10:50:04 AM
You all need Kendo!

Similar to sabre fighting except it has big wooden sticks and nice shiny armour. :lol