PDA

View Full Version : Yoda Trailer

darth_mcbain
May 23rd, 2002, 12:47:50 PM
Another trailer in the "Profession" series has surfaced - this one featuring Yoda as Great Warrior. I think this is my favorite of the bunch.

It also gives a more definitive age for Yoda - claiming he is 874 years old.

http://download.theforce.net/episode2/aotc_yoda_greatwarrior.mpeg

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 01:18:01 PM
wow Im glad I didnt see that one before I saw the movie. I dont think I would have wanted to see anything about that part of the movie.

ReaperFett
May 23rd, 2002, 01:34:36 PM
I didnt even want to know, have it a total suprise. Shame Lucas and McCallum kept bringing it up constantly

Lilaena De'Ville
May 23rd, 2002, 01:59:34 PM
I think they were pretty proud of it. I would be too!

Anastazius
May 23rd, 2002, 03:25:52 PM
Even though I'd heard about Yoda's lightsaber battle it was still a surprise for me.. How? 'Cause I'd originally heard, like I think most people, that in this film Yoda was going to be entirely CGI due to him getting soome hot saber action.. Then I'd heard that due to him looking a bit of a fool what with his lightsaber being twice his size, that he wasn't going to need to use his lightsaber in battle because he was so darn skilled with the Force.. I'm so glad I'd read that, otherwise I'd have expected one of the (many) highlights of the film, and thus slightly spoiled my enjoyment of it..

darth_mcbain
May 23rd, 2002, 03:59:02 PM
I had initially thought that Yoda would fight with a lightsaber, but that he would use the Force to levitate the saber to fight for him (i.e. that he would just kind of sit back and use his mind to fight with his saber) That would have been cool, IMHO, but I think what they ended up doing was much cooler.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 23rd, 2002, 04:43:34 PM
My sister saw it, and thought it was too over the top. Too much leaping and spinning. But it all made sense to me! Yoda is VERY tiny, and Dooku could easily block all attacks from him if he stayed on the ground. His saber was shorter, to make it managable for him, and he had to widen his attack perimeter SOMEHOW.

The leaping and spinning let him attack from all over the place, just as a "normal" sized humanoid might have been able to, with both feet firmly on the ground. :) Yoda pwns all!

darth_mcbain
May 23rd, 2002, 05:17:25 PM
You know, I had often wondered what if Luke had fired upon Yoda on their first meeting, accidentally killing him... He would never have been trained.

We can see now that Yoda would never have allowed that to happen. It would take a lot more than the likes of Luke (even a fully trained Luke) to out-do the master.

Jedieb
May 23rd, 2002, 07:01:48 PM
I just saw that commercial this afternoon. It was excellent. Got me all hyped up to see AOTC all over again. I think Lucasfilm is trying to capitalize on one of the highlights and most talked about parts of the movie. Smart move on their part.

sirdizzy
May 23rd, 2002, 09:39:53 PM
oh come on we have all seen the movie and its a great plug to get non star wars fans to see the movie

go yoda