PDA

View Full Version : America's Army!

Darth Viscera
May 23rd, 2002, 11:12:31 AM
The U.S. Army is releasing its first public interactive PC game, called America's Army. Of course their site is slow right now, they just advertised it on CNN.

What is it?
The U.S. Army has developed a highly realistic and innovative PC video game that puts you inside an Army unit. You’ll face your first tour of duty along with your fellow Soldiers. Gain experience as a Soldier in the U.S. Army, without ever leaving your desk.

Where can I get it?
Pre-register for your copy at www.americasarmy.com. Downloads for high-bandwidth users available this summer.
http://www.goarmy.com/aagame/index.htm

Never have I been more excited about defending U.S. national interests, both at home and abroad :D

Now if only we could get this game installed in grammar schools inside U.S. territory. Better that 4th graders play this game than some game like Doom 3, with all the senseless violence contained therein.

Needless to say, this game is going to rule.

Daemon Hyfe
May 23rd, 2002, 11:31:00 AM
Ooohhh... coolness!

Not as cool as Star Wars Galaxies, coming out in December of this year, but definitely very cool.

ReaperFett
May 23rd, 2002, 11:46:40 AM
Peh, no Lightsabres :)

Severen Morkonis
May 23rd, 2002, 12:00:19 PM
well in the screen shot they ether have there graphics set at 800x600 or the game in general has bad graphics.to me the grpahis there dont look tooooo remarkable unless its just that part of the game....i dunno...get MOH: Eastern Front....much better!.....september-2002...:)

But saying that..the U.S. Army bringing a sim out is coolness the british airforce brought out "Air Combat-2001: Scramble"...good game indeed..the graphics lacked there to.

EDIT: Saying that..looking atthe main site for the game..the graphics dont look to bad

Morgan Evanar
May 23rd, 2002, 12:12:23 PM
I'm not even going to bother.

Anyway, it looks like someone decided to combine Operation Flashpoint and Infiltration onto the UT2003 engine. Not bad.

Sieken: Resolution =! Graphics.

Notice how clean the edges are rendered? The fact that the telephone/eletric line in the distance is barely jagged? The smooth, rolling terrain?

Its fairly obvious from some of the texturing that the game is in kinda early development. I'd guess they're running at 800x600 with 4x AA, or maybe 2X. Its sort of hard to tell.

Go look at some good UT2003 screenshots and come back to me when you've pulled your nose from the back of your PS2, k?

Severen Morkonis
May 23rd, 2002, 12:25:44 PM
lmao..unfourtunetly your misslead me, i play on PC games most of the time, my spealty in this case is first person shooters, Medal of Honor, Return To Castle Wolfenstien,Operation Flashpoint, every rainbow six, and Ghost recon...all completed on hard difficulty...not that makes any diffrence....however i know my stuff with that kind of game and if you had read my edited section at the bottom you would have seen i corrected it..so please gimme credit..im not a PS2 player...although i have one.

also havening a 1.7 gig, 64 meg graphics card, i expect good graphics

Severen Morkonis
May 23rd, 2002, 12:35:49 PM

Sumor Rayial
May 23rd, 2002, 01:37:53 PM
*Can't pre order*

You'd think they would want to make this available to their allies. What they don't think we have computers in Canada?

*places a call to relatives in US*

Darth Viscera
May 23rd, 2002, 01:58:49 PM
Summs, no worries. They'll be offering it as a free download, which will cover everyone who doesn't have access to USPS.

Sumor Rayial
May 23rd, 2002, 02:16:45 PM
Eeeexcellent.

*strums fingers a la Mister Burns*