PDA

View Full Version : The Others

Jedi Master Carr
May 22nd, 2002, 10:12:24 PM
Well I finally rented this movie today and it was great one of the best movies I saw from last year I really liked the ending I had figured out some of it I knew the old servants were dead, they were acting too suspicious the entire time. I then began to wonder about Kidman and her kids, what first made me wonder was the fog, because the old man said she wouldn't get anywhere in it. Then the father comes home 2 years after the war and he was acting really funny and then he told her he was leaving to go back to the front which didn't make any sense. Still I was surprised to learn that she killed her children and then killed herself and that the ghosts they said they were seeing were actually real people trying to get rid of them, that was really ironic I though and great bit of storytelling. I have to say it is an incredible movie and is very similar to the Sixth sense in terms of its ending.

JonathanLB
May 23rd, 2002, 01:53:38 AM
I love that movie. It would make my top 10 for the year without any problem.

Loki Ahmrah
May 23rd, 2002, 06:27:38 AM
I loved The Others too, and I thought Nicole Kidman was fantastic in it. I didn't click on, but when the fog stops her from going too far, I should've guessed they were dead. Very much like how in Beetlejuice they can't leave the house. :)

Dutchy
May 23rd, 2002, 03:27:25 PM
I totally agree with Jonathan. Did I just say that!? :eek

JonathanLB
May 23rd, 2002, 05:29:32 PM
Hey, it happens sometimes. :)

Anyway, you and I have had a lot more good conversations over the last year or so, compared to the summer of TPM. Although I don't share your taste in movies often times, I think we still have some good discussions...