PDA

View Full Version : Morality [split thread]

CMJ
May 19th, 2002, 05:50:50 PM
"I really hate college in many ways."

Yeah I know, you've said this before. ;)

"While it may be the center for knowledge and learning, it is unquestionably and absolutely the center for immorality too."

I think this is more because 18-25 year olds are in the kind of "adventurous" part of their lives. I don't think college causes it...people bring it to the institutions.

"Between the underage drinking, premarital, casual sex, overuse of cigarettes everywhere (especially right outside the dorm windows!), massive drug use (by people who never have tried drugs before, too), and of course the network piracy that includes everything from music to movies to software, college is the most immoral institution on Earth."

Wow Jonathan..are you 21? Because I could of sworn you mentioned in a few threads about getting drunk and stuff in the past. ;) As far as cigarettes....since when were they illegal if you're at least 18?? I don't really think smoking is "immoral" in any way. I don't condone it, because quite frankly I don't see why you should wanna pay money to slowly kill yourself, but it's not in any fashion immoral. That's nuts! As far as your drug use thing....I mentioned earlier how people in the college age bracket are more adventuresome. College doesn't cause this...if there was no such thing as higher learning, people in this age range would still try stuff. Just look at folks who don't go to school... I know I knew just as many "drug users" who DIDN'T attend college as those that did. College doesn't foster this. Same goes the whole piracy issue dude....

****Mind you this post was written by an individual who is over 21 and has never smoked(cigarettes or whatever else you may be thinking) or taken a sip of alcohol. I just hate when people don't accept others as they are, or criticize them for what they do. I'm a very easy going person, and I guess I just wish more were the same as me.****

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2002, 05:57:42 PM
I don't really think smoking is "immoral" in any way

Smoking in my vicinity = you killing me

CMJ
May 19th, 2002, 06:01:04 PM
LOL...I don't smoke man. :) I do agree people should refrain from doing it around those that do not...nonetheless, it isn't IMMORAL.