PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice…[slight unmasked spoilers]

TheHolo.Net
May 22nd, 2002, 09:47:14 AM
…that Obi’s starship and the clone troopers bore what we have always known as the Imperial symbol on them? I find it somewhat interesting that the Empire in later films (timeline wise) bears the symbol/insignia of the old Republic.

darth_mcbain
May 22nd, 2002, 09:54:36 AM
Yeah, I noticed that - definitely cool. It serves as a nice tie-in that the Republic is basically going to crumble and become the Empire under Palpatine

Master Yoghurt
May 23rd, 2002, 08:12:40 AM
I thought it was an interesting touch. The insignia appears a lot of places. In fact, the table where Dooku has a meeting with the Techno Union Army, Trade Federation, Banking Clan and the other scum, is shaped as the imperial symbol

Charley
May 23rd, 2002, 11:26:20 AM
Think of it this way. At the end of the movie, when you see the Star Destroyers lifting off, with the clonetroopers and AT-TE's, etc...you've essentially ended the movie with the birth of the Empire. Everything from that moment on is just an extension of it. Palpatine has his power, and the rest is inevitable.

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 11:36:51 AM
yeah I noticed that as well. Kind of shows how the empire was just the corruption of the republic rather then another group that took over the republic.

JMK
May 23rd, 2002, 12:22:59 PM
Yeah, that's cool for sure. It's hard to think that that insignia represents the good guys right now, since for so long it represented evil and tyranny.

TheHolo.Net
May 23rd, 2002, 03:37:30 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Think of it this way. At the end of the movie, when you see the Star Destroyers lifting off, with the clonetroopers and AT-TE's, etc...you've essentially ended the movie with the birth of the Empire. Everything from that moment on is just an extension of it. Palpatine has his power, and the rest is inevitable. That analogy is, in my opinion, dead nuts on.

Nupraptor
May 23rd, 2002, 03:38:06 PM
Dead nuts? o_O

TheHolo.Net
May 23rd, 2002, 03:40:17 PM
Colorful metaphor for "exactly" eh?