PDA

View Full Version : Seeking the Black Hand...

Gabran Darkysa
May 21st, 2002, 03:16:47 AM
A figure in dark brown robes crosses the rocky wastelands, head bowed, navigating his every step carefully. Robes pulled tight about himself and shoulders hunched against the buffetting winds. Above the red skies raged with chaotic lightning storms. It is a vivid vision from out of an infernal purgatory.

Behind this lone human lies a shuttlecraft with burned-out engine drive and a crumpled wing. Once Gabran had entered Vjun's atmosphere, he found himself in the admist of a churning lightning storm, convecting winds creating near catastrophic turbulance threatened to rip his craft to pieces. Hot lightning pulsed and blazed alive in the skies around him at temperatures nearing 60,000 fahrenheit, exposing his craft's instruments to dangerous energy anomalies. The shuttle's navigational and status readings could not be trusted. Forced to rely upon visual contact and the Darkside as he continued to descend through the fiery clouds and raging winds, hoping to escape the epicenter of the storm's fury unharmed or dead.

Eventually breaking surface of the storm's base, he finds himself flying at an rate of speed much too fast to land safely. Warning beacons chirping throughout the cockpit. Activating the repulsor jets while wrestling with the flight controls, Gabran regains control of the craft with the planet's surface approaching fast. He reaches over to the rightside of navigation console and grasping a small lever pulling it down. The landing gears disengage and fold down. He grins to himself when suddenly the whole craft ripples after being struck by a blast on the starboard side, the instruments indicate the right ion turbine is suffering power failure. The shuttle continues to shudder violently. A drop of sweat rolls down his face as the ship's altitude decreases at an phenomenal rate. Vjun's volcanic surface with it's multitude of mishapened rock formations roll beneath the craft with blinding speed.

Deadfall.

One of the landing gears impacts a large raised stone formation, the whole shuttle rips up and down causing Gabran to strike his head on the console. Fighting to keep consciousness while his eyes water and vision grows dimmer, he perceives the surface before his craft is rather level. There is no other choices and time has run out. He makes an emergency landing throwing his complete world into silent darkness with a thunderous crash.

Sometime later he comes through to find himself completely slumped over in the pilot seat. Moaning, Gabran raises himself up. His head hurts. Running a hand across his brow, fingers come away with the sticky wetness of congealing blood. He unbuckles the seat belt. How come the ship is not completely mangled and why isn't he dead. Gabran removes the foolish thought quickly. Never good to question the mercies fate can bestow.

Standing and attempting to walk while the ship is lying at such an angle he found rather awkward. Looking out the transparisteel of the cockpit reveals nothing but high winds and angry red skies. Clinging to a railing for balance, he carefully makes his way back to the cargo hold of the shuttle. He discovers all the supplies and his personel possessions are scattered about haphazardly. Gabran decides to search for necessary things before disembarking the wreck of his shuttle.

Taking with him a heavy brown cloak, lightsaber, breathing apparatus, and of course macrobinocular goggles. Unlocking one of the emergency hatches and opening it. A strong gust of wind assaults Gabran as the door opens with an audible hum. Fighting against the wind that nearly topples him, he jumps down onto the hard earth. Circling the shuttle to the starboard side reveals a lightning blast. He was not struck by a laser cannon as he had feared.

Gabran steps away from the craft and activates the microbinocular goggles over his eyes. Turning in a slow circle, he sees nothing but ancient volcanic shapes until a large dark object fills the viewlenses.... Bast Castle. It was once Lord Vader's infamous santuary and keep. Switching off the magnification function on his goggles, Gabran steels his nerves to journey to the castle instead of holing up in the shuttle to wait out the storm.

After three hours of treking, Gabran has nearly reached the castle. Raising his head and ignoring the biting winds, he activates the goggles and scans the great manmade monolith made of stone and durasteel over. The castle's viewportals remain dark and empty like the eyesockets of a dead skull. His eyes roam upwards to the battlements atop the castle, scanning over it's parapets and merlons. Again nothing. However the detected presence of the darkside is overpoweringly ominous now. He knew Castle Bast to be the domain of an Dark Jedi clan whom named themselves 'The Black Hand'. Gabran Darkysa journeyed here seeking a master while searching for a purpose!

Jeseth Cloak
May 21st, 2002, 08:42:04 AM
Bast stood before Gabran as dead as it had always been. The residents of this world made themselves known only when they wished. In the distance a shuttle could be seen taking to the sky, it's engines burning ominously as the craft struggled to break free of the atmosphere. What... what... what... echoed a voice in the seeker's head... do you want... want... Jeseth would converse with the wretched alien thing until it was near enough that Hob might take interest in it.

Gabran Darkysa
May 22nd, 2002, 05:00:39 AM
The young darksider swore he heard a voice invade his thoughts while the ship was struck by the raging elements of the storm. Too much chaos, unable to keep his mind focused to such an intrusion. But while he closed in on Bast Castle, Gabran meditated on these things. Who had called out to him, apparently a Dark Jedi. The Black Hand is the only life known to exist on this forsaken planet. As if an angel of wrath visited this world long ago and cursed it with perpetual desolation.

Glancing quickly upwards once more, Gabran is thankful the red skies have not loosed it's dreadful rain. The gash upon his brow throbs beneath a bacta patch, it is the only reproach his relentless pursuit had awarded him... thus far. That and his ship. But departing from Vjun is the last thing on his mind. He came here to be trained by a Dark Jedi Master. To be taught in the ways of the Darkside. Only need to win the Black Hand's acceptance.

Gabran is nearly to the great double doors which lead to the outerhall of Bast Castle, when he reaches out through the Darkside. In his dark brown robes, face hidden in the shadows of it's cowl, Gabran closes his eyes. Concentrating.

Greetings.... I come seeking.... seeking a master.... I come in peace.... in peace and humbly request admittance into your sanctum....

Jeseth Cloak
May 22nd, 2002, 10:38:37 AM
Come closer. The voice whispered into Gabran's ear. A gust of hot wind blew past, and up above the highest tower that still stood at Bast Castle, there perched a winged predator, with all the features to mark him for human. His eyes were two distant black orbs devoid of retinas or emotion. He was watching Gabran, waiting to see when Hob might arrive. How do you know of this place, Gabran?

Gabran Darkysa
May 22nd, 2002, 10:32:56 PM
Gabran turns his head quickly in the direction of the low whisper, seeing nothing but the bizarre volcanic shapes that cover Vjun's surface and abrasive sands blowing across the barren landscape. Realizing it was a message, a gentle command spoken via the Darkside from somewhere nearby. He grins, the Black Hand have heard my call.

Obeying the voice's request, the young man hesitantly takes several steps forward when the same whisper inquiries, How do you know of this place, Gabran? His eyes widen behind the protective lenses of the macrobinocular goggles. They know my name. Powerful are these Dark Jedi. Reaching out to that still voice with the Darkside, he feels their presence heavily... watching him from hidden shadows.

Closing his eyes and bowing his head, Gabran answers, I know much of the legendary Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader. That his secret retreat was a great castle upon the unforgiving world of Vjun. This world. And also had learned of an sect of Dark Jedi have taken this world as their domain... and use Bast Castle as a means of practicing ancient dark sithian arts. Together, they have grown mighty in the Darkside. I have journeyed far to beseech you, darksider, to accept me into your innercircle. I, Gabran Darkysa, am seeking a master and arcane apprenticeship in the Black Hand.

Evil Hobgoblin
May 23rd, 2002, 05:18:47 PM
A second voice seemed to come to Gabran, one that reached from a great depth. It whispered and muttered among its' own dark places, then raised its' voice.

~Why the Hand?~

Gabran Darkysa
May 23rd, 2002, 11:27:04 PM
Why the Hand? echoes through his mind, a simple query with a not so simple answer. There were many reasons he had chosen to contact this secretive Black Hand sect on an isolated Vjun. The most profound is he had meditated deeply, seeking for an revelation within... a direction. To find the path the Darkside had set before him awaiting his timely discovery. The Darkside offered him many paths, many diversions, many ruins. But also hinted only one path served as his destiny in it's purest form. For then Gabran had peered through the glass, darkly, until now. He arrived at the beginning of a consummate grand design.

The Jedi were blind to the things which the Darkside offered. They stubbornly deny the Power. As he turned, Gabran felt a surge of the Force he had never experienced before. He embraced it like an intimate companion whom he missed dearly. Now his being is forever transformed. His thoughts faded back to the present.

The winds continued to blow about him, causing his dark robes to dance like a spectre. Bowing his head as a flow of the Darkside reached out to those whom were hidden among the shadows, it moved like a gentle ripple on the surface of a still pond. The young Dark Jedi answered, Because the Darkside led me here, Masters.

Evil Hobgoblin
May 24th, 2002, 10:26:15 PM
~So? We are Masters of the Dark Side, not the other way around. Simply because it led you to find us does not mean a thing. It is no more than a dog following the scent of its' owner.~

Gabran Darkysa
May 25th, 2002, 03:01:34 AM
Gabran jerked as if someone had struck him, the air about him intensified with the Force. His jaws clench tightly as a hand instinctively drops to the hilt of his lightsaber. The young darksider felt rage and pain now. Hob's words bit deep. He had willingly succumbed and allowed the Darkside to consume him like a sacrificial lamb. Because he knew it's seductive call offered power beyond his wildiest dreams only at the price of his life-energy. He came to the Black Hand to gain mastery of it's dark powers.

Regaining his composure, Gabran drops his hand away from the lightsaber. Closing his eyes, he reaches out through the Force, Dark Jedi Masters, I earnestly plead with you to accept me... train me... transform me into one like yourselves. My blood is yours and my loyalty is without end.

Jeseth Cloak
May 25th, 2002, 03:38:24 PM
Jeseth took a step off the tower and glided downward, landing at the base of Bast Castle and retracting his wings against his back.

Tsk, tsk... Why stop yourself now?

Gabran could see that there was a saber glimmering in Jeseth's left hand, but it had not yet sparked to life.

Gabran Darkysa
May 25th, 2002, 05:02:10 PM
Gabran stood perfectly as the winged one glided down to earth and landed before him with lightsaber in hand. The young Dark Jedi smirked. He did not forsake the oppressive ardent disciplines of the Jedi to do battle with the members of the Black Hand. But their haughtiness offended him. Everything he learned of the Darkside disagreed with their perceptions. The legendary Darth Vader regarded the Darkside with complete awe and reverence. Not as mere blind obedient beast. It is the complete opposite, it is the Darkside that is a demanding master, freely giving if allowed to feed on our emotions and life-force. A Jedi disillusioned, Gabran gave in to the Darkside and will never turn back. However he did not journey here to argue philosophical differences but to harness the Force with greater possession and become a master.

Perhaps, he even misunderstood them. Yes. He may have, indeed. Raising his hands outward, displaying to the winged one an act of appealing dissuasion, "I am sorry I have offended you, Master. I plead for forgiveness. There is no need for a duel this day."

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2002, 02:28:06 AM
He asks for forgiveness...does he not know the gates of Bast are guarded? There will be a battle if he wishes to enter. Lilaena thought only to herself, esconced high above the walls inside a tower. The tower, yet it was one of several, and not the highest.

But it was special to her.

She watched the drama unfold below, through lidded eyes.

Jeseth Cloak
May 28th, 2002, 06:11:08 AM
"You haven't offended me in the least. Your acts of hostility rather do amuse me... If it is training you seek, then perhaps I can give that to you. It would not be without a price..." Jeseth began stepping towards the visitor as he spoke.

Gabran Darkysa
May 29th, 2002, 04:55:57 AM
... amuses me... not... without a price...

Gabran, reaching up, folds the robe's cowl back away from his head. And removes the breathing filter next. Pleased to be done with it while the winged Dark Jedi approaches, the young darksider slowly crosses his arms over his robes, a small cold grin creeps across his lips, "Master... there is no price I would not pay to be trained and to ascend up to being a master as yourselves are presently. I would be very honored."

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:03:19 PM
"Seek me out at the Durrance of Nightmares. I will be there."