PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares: The Awakening

Salemn Lysce
May 20th, 2002, 06:58:37 PM
Darkness.

That's all the world seemed right now, spiralling down into a neverending Hell. The endless tortures of taunting voices ringing in your ears as fear creeps down your spine. You reach out, hoping to grab that little ray of light that shimmers, but find yourself alone in a shadowy world.

This was the life of Salemn.

She had woken up in her quarters from a nightmare, breathless and sweaty. She didn't want to discuss what exactly she had seen, but the screams still echoed in her head. It was late in the night, but she had still walked to Yog's ... At least there I'll be safe. The monsters won't try to get me here. Pushing the doors open, she walked in, her tiny figure illuminated by the lights that hung overhead. She sat down at a table and sighed, hunching her shoulders so her limp, brown hair hung in her face.

"Salemn ... Oh, Salemn, where are you ?"

Her head jerked up, expecting to see her brother. No one. Sighing, she looked back down at the table. The nightmares were getting to her. Lifting up her right hand, she glanced at it and saw the faint traces of burn marks. The fire ... It almost destroyed me ... She was lucky that she was even alive. A slight tear formed on her eyelashes and then fell down her cheek. Keto ...

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 21st, 2002, 10:30:49 AM
*Natia, having a hard time sleeping again which has been an almost nightly occurance now was sitting the B&G thinking about her life and how she could have improved it earlier then she did when Salemn came in and sat down not to far from her so she decides to go and pay her a visit. Carefully getting up, she grabs her crutches and slowly hobbles over to Salemn and smiles slightly*

Hello Salemn. Can I join you??

*Natia hadn't seen Salemn in a little while and hopes that she will let her keep her company since she does get lonely just sitting in the B&G trying to pass the time until it is day again where she does a bit of learning and naps at mid-day for an hour or two so she can make it through the rest of the day. Taking a look at Salemn now, she can tell that Salemn has had a rough night so far, probably a bad dream. She can sympathise with that. She hopes even more now that Salemn will invite her to sit down with her*

Salemn Lysce
May 21st, 2002, 12:03:50 PM
Salemn frowned and bit on her lower lip slightly. What if she got tired again ? She just couldn't let herself go to sleep again ...

"Hello Salemn. Can I join you?"

At the sound of a voice, her little head snapped up, staring at Natia.

Oh, hi ... Uhm, sure, if you want. Do you want anything to drink or snack on?

A smile outlined her face as she watched Natia. It looked like she had trouble sleeping, too ...

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 22nd, 2002, 10:07:08 AM
*Natia smiles when Salemn says that she can join her. So she carefully sits down and leans her crutches up against the table*

No thank-you. I just finished eating my breakfast a couple of minutes ago.

*Natia knows that what she just said would sound weird since it is still the middle of the night*

Welcome to my midnight home Salemn.

*Natia's not to sure what to say so she thought welcoming Salemn here would be a start. She's not used to talk to ppl at night right now, but it is a nice change to be able to right now though*

I take it you had a bad dream??

*Natia says that more of a statement then as a question as she looks at Salemn, still reading her body language which she always does at night just to give herself something to do*

Do you care to talk about the dream you had??

*Natia then quickly adds on*

But if you don't want to, you don't have to.

Salemn Lysce
May 23rd, 2002, 06:00:52 PM
Do you have nightmares ?

Realizing what she had "said", Salemn sighed and tried again.

I mean, of course you have. It's supposed to be normal, right ? Yeah, I heard somewhere that it's a test for us to overcome our fears ... But what if that test won't let you pass ? What if ... What if ..

The child couldn't go on any longer. Her nightmares were horrible, probably coming from the deepest of Hells to haunt her.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 24th, 2002, 05:53:52 PM
*Natia smiles and nods her head slightly*

Yes Salemn, I do get nightmares, and rather frequently as well unfortunately.

*Natia forces a slightly laugh for a brief second*

It it normal to have nightmares, but the frequently that I get them is not normal. That's why when I wake up from one, I get up and come here to watch ppl. They no longer question my coming here like they did at the beginning because they wondered why a child of my age would come here late at night.

*Natia looks at her friend and wishes she could do something to help her out but can think of nothing*

Salemn, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you and I always will be.

Salemn Lysce
May 24th, 2002, 07:09:55 PM
Will you really ? Are you sure your old emotions of hate and fear won't eat away at your soul, until all you have left is the Darkside ?

It came out before Salemn could stop herself, the bitterness icing each word. Her brown eyes widened slightly at herself as she swallowed nervously.

I, uh, I didn't mean to .. Oh gosh .. Uhm, I didn't mean to say that. Honestly. I don't where that came from.

Her breathing was becoming faster as her pulse sped up, her palms sweating. What's wrong with me ? Why did I say that ? Oh, that was so rude of me .. Salemn sighed slightly and pushed a strand of brown hair out of her eyes.

Listen, Natia, I really did not mean to say that ... I .. I don't know how that got out, but I don't mean it ! Please, forgive me.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 29th, 2002, 09:02:31 AM
*Natia can not help herself but to laugh slightly at what Salemn said about her old emotions eating her up until she is Darkside*

Don't worry about that comment Salemn, it has actually been on my mind alot lately. That and the first bit of training I ever received with the Force.

*Natia doesn't look phazed or hurt by Salemn's words, not even her own words betray that, but her eyes get a slightly hurt look to them briefly, but is gone before it is really noticable as she exerts control over herself like she normally has*

As far as I see Salemn, you do not need to apologize for voicing a thought that I have had numerous times before.

*Natia then thinks to herself "How am I to ever go out of the past when it keeps resurfacing in the present" That thought gets a frown on Natia's face which then goes back to a smile as she says to Salemn*

Do not worry about what you said Salemn. I am not offended by the truth of it.

*Natia knows that her reaction is not normal and probably is not expected, but then again, she is not a normal person, no matter how much she wishes she was*

Belial MadHatter
Jun 1st, 2002, 04:25:14 PM
OOC: Ack .. wrong account. -_-;

Salemn Lysce
Jun 1st, 2002, 04:28:10 PM
Oh...

With that, the girl remained silent and started to stare at the walls.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:58:38 AM
*Natia looks at Salemn and smiles again*

Salemn, could you please tell me about the nightmare you had. It usually helps if you talk about it.

*Natia has a slight look of envy on her face before she quickly goes back to smiling. She can not but help feeling envious of Salemn in having ppl to talk to about things. She never has had somebody to talk to about her problems and so now she keeps them to herself. Especially her latest one which she believes no one will care about but thinks that keeping quiet about it is better then getting hurt because of it*

I'm willing to listen if your willing to tell Salemn.

Salemn Lysce
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:44:38 AM
They're horrible. Smoke is everywhere as flames lick my skin. And I can hear distant screaming .. Then .. Then ..

The padawan shuddered, as if trying to rid the images in her head.

... And now I'm having them while I'm awake.

Salemn could feel the moisture in her eyes form before a tear fell down her cheek. She could sense something in Natia - envy - and vaguely wondered why. She was adopted by one of the GJO's Knights and probably had more friends than Salemn had fingers .. not to mention Natia was pretty for her age. All Salemn had were bits of scattered memories of her life before she came here, a result of amnesia.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:14:53 AM
*Natia puts a comforting hand on Salemns shoulder as she listens to what Salemn says. She says nothing for awhile as she just looks at Salemn, knowing that even though Salemn can't remember her past, that would be better then then the past that she has*

I'm here for you Salemn and if there is anything that you need help with or just an ear to talk to, you can come to me. I'm more then willing to help you with anything and when I say anything, I do mean it because I help my friends and to me at least, you are my friend.

*Natia says this last little bit with a very serious voice. She would be willing to kill for a friend if they asked her to, but they would have to have a good reason for the request, but mainly, she would do it because she doesn't want her friends to have to kill and then find out what it's like*

I will always be here for you Salemn. Even if I am on a different planet and you need me, I will come. I promise you.

Salemn Lysce
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:04:12 PM
Managing a slight smile on Natia's behalf, Salemn quickly wiped away the tear with the back of her hand.

I believe you, Natia ... Thanks.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:10:47 AM
*Natia, believing that her friend needs a hug, leans over to her and gives her a hug*

And remember Salemn, I'm always here and willing to talk.

Salemn Lysce
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:29:01 PM
Shocked slightly, Salemn wrapped her arms around Natia and hugged back. How long had it been since somebody last hugged her? She didn't know, and didn't care to remember. All that she cared about was Natia, who seemed to be her only friend.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 9th, 2002, 09:46:26 AM
Salemn, I promise you that no matter what happens, I will always, and I do mean always, be your friend.

*Natia knows she's taking a risk here in promising this, but deep down she knows that it is the right thing to do and that she will always be Salemns friend, no matter what happens*