PDA

View Full Version : AngelDeathGuardian(Requested Attention From Council)

Amalia Azalin
May 20th, 2002, 12:45:29 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=288518

AngelDeathGuardian wishes to speak with the council. I don't know why he is using Lord Hex's training thread to do so, interrupting Hex's training in the process...but I told him I would bring this before the council. I personally, don't think he should be given permission, but regardless, I'm just doing what he asked for me to do, which is bring this before the council.

"I need someone who can help me get permission from the Council to train one or two of your most skilled Padawans in the full power of the Force, both the dark and the light combined. I have already done it, and it is very possible for someone else to do it, but they must be extremely disciplined. I tried to with hex, but he is not yet disiplined enough. If you could help me do this, it would be to the Jedi orders benifit."

Sejah Haversh
May 20th, 2002, 01:06:28 PM
I have a question, and it might be a stupid one, but, I have to ask. How can one be trained in BOTH Dark and Light? Wouldn't that taint both sides, making you actually less effective?

That would be like learning how to fight with a rapier, and then with a claymore, and afterwards be handed a katana. Neither of the skills would be right for the weapon.

But perhaps there's somethign I don't get, so, if someone could explain, I would be very thankful to them.

Morgan Evanar
May 20th, 2002, 03:08:29 PM
Ahem. As council member and Jedi Master, I call BS.

One side of the Force or the other.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
May 20th, 2002, 04:30:58 PM
IC:

::Pulling out her datapad, Leia made an announcement::

It seems Lord Hex and this Angel Death Guardian...are one and the same!!!

OOC: Ok...I read this, then Morgan's post in the academy. You can say curiousity got this cat. So..I checked his IPS out and one number is on both usernames ;)

Ever wonder why Hex hasn't been posting.

:rolleyes @ Hex

Xazor Elessar
May 20th, 2002, 04:49:20 PM
:lol

I had a strong feeling that they were the same person too. I do not approve of what this Angeldeath/hex dude wants to do. You cannot train someone in both sides of the force. You are either Light, or Dark......there is no grey! I am speaking with him in the recruitment center, and I am sure he is not qualified to train anyone. Though I am not on the council, this is where I stand and I speak for all of the people who would like to speak out...and I too think it is BS. :lol

:rolleyes @ Hex along with Leia.... ;)

Marcus Telcontar
May 20th, 2002, 04:58:21 PM
Light or Dark.

Not both.

Sejah Haversh
May 20th, 2002, 05:26:36 PM
On an off note, he's got Quantum Steel armor. I have but two things to say about that.

1: Who the frell made it? Certainly not any living being, becuse that stuff is harder than hard, and would be nearly impossible to forge with the precision it takes to make armor.

2: This guy must be mega-buff, because steel of that density would be rediculously heavy. I'm not quite sure, but I'd estimate a suit of that stuff would weigh well over half a ton.

Sorry, I'm a bit grounded in this little thing I like to call reality, and I have a particular affinity for arms and amor. Yeesh, but I won't go any further than I allready have, though I would very much like to.

Xazor Elessar
May 20th, 2002, 05:31:18 PM
I am still talking to him and he refuses to tell me his names that he has on "other boards". He says he has played on Talk City and "other boards". As I told him, do you know how easy it would be for someone to come in here and say, "Yeah, I have experience.....I played on other boards and I am not going to tell you my name!"

I know he isn't experienced, because he doesn't write extremely well. Punctuation and important details.....etc, things that show an experienced RPer, he lacks. Personally, I think this guy is looking for an easy way to be called a Knight.

Navaria Tarkin
May 20th, 2002, 05:50:09 PM
Either way, anything that gives him an unfair advantage is not legal. I don't care how good that armor is, if no one can hit ya or if it makes no sense, it shouldn't be allowed.

Course, the light and dark thing is so wrong on many levels. You can only be one side of the coin not both. Either Light Side or Dark Side

Sejah Haversh
May 20th, 2002, 06:01:25 PM
Well, one thing about Quantum steel would be that it is extremely magnetic. Put that sucker next to an electromagnet, and he'd be screwed.

Simple physics and logic often dash the hopes of the uber-powers.

Shade Magus
May 20th, 2002, 06:38:24 PM
I am with everyone else....the whole Light and Dark thing is BS.

about the armour....I say let him keep it and when in an rp with him, use Sejah's magnet idea and show him how dumb an idea it is

Marcus Telcontar
May 20th, 2002, 07:28:49 PM
BTW, Quantum armour is a no no at SWFans - Reference is that Sun Crushers were banned a lon time ago and such insestructible devices aslo defy the Common Sense and Fair play guides.

Oh, Talk City eh? Well, we do things differently here. I havent been near that place in so long, but I do understand they dont use Common sense and fair play for a God Mode definition. Someone help me here? How do they play now?

Sejah, if you want to be grounded in reality, go right ahead, it be fine with me :)

Jedi Master Leia Solo
May 20th, 2002, 07:36:47 PM
:lol Laughs in agreement with Mark. Sejah..go ahead. ;) I think this padawan needs a lesson or two.:D

Sejah Haversh
May 20th, 2002, 07:48:08 PM
Clears throat *ahem*...

It has come to my attention that my calculations are wrong for the weight of Quantum Steel. I was imagining what density it would ahve to be to deflect fast saber hits, but I should have taken into account that it shouls also be able to resist a longer exposure to the intense heat of a saber.

Therefore, I am about to up what I believe the density would be on that stuff, making his armor weigh in the neighborhood of three to five tons. And that is without chain mail. Sadly, he also does not realize that not all your armor is steel, btu there are copper bindings, leather straps, and whatnot. Structural integrity would not allow for a conventional suit of Knights armor to be made with so heavy a main component. And I am also giving him the benefit of having his armor be about half as thick as standard plate, too.

Whee, I'd like to see him walk without crushing a hole in the ground every time he took a step.

Yeah, I've got bad typos, but that's about all you can harp on Sejah for, folks. I know better than to do something as rediculous as that armor. And Zion is a mountain, everybody, so he's the Crown Prince of a speck-tiny bit of land. Ain't he special?

Verse Dawnstrider
May 20th, 2002, 08:04:43 PM
As a Council Member, I saw call his bluff. Sun Crushers are not allowed, and that -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- is what the Sun Crusher is made of.

On a side note I feel like screaming "Its the return of Gue's Shadow Jedi!"

Morgan Evanar
May 20th, 2002, 08:07:41 PM
Sejah, if he posts as that character again, let him have it.

Verse - yeah. Its exactly the same inane, lame idea.

Amalia Azalin
May 21st, 2002, 09:06:15 AM
Just so everyone knows, just because I posted this, does not mean that I agree with what he wants, just doing my part and bringing it to everyones attention.

I figured that the two characters were one and the same, the writing styles seem to be similiar, though that doesn't mean anything.:) Thanks all.:)