PDA

View Full Version : A Promise Kept - Marcus Q'Dunn

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2002, 06:39:48 PM
Navaria waited patiently to be received just outside of DarthTurbogeek's apartment as she said she would. Last night the Jedi Knight had come to Xazor's room to discuss a personal incident that had happened at the bar and grill. A surprise awaited her in meeting Marcus Q'Dunn, who was also worried about Xazor.

Both of them talked and helped to ease some of the sadened Knight's pain, but there was still much Xazor had to do for herself.

It was during that meeting that Marcus asked to speak with Navaria personally as soon as possible. That time was now.

She had to admit that she was a bit excited in speaking to the Jedi Master but ... there was a sinking feeling that there was going to be much more to this meeting then some idle conversation.

Marcus Telcontar
May 20th, 2002, 04:33:23 AM
The apartment was a mess.

Since his return, he had been busy cleaning up. Much had to be done to get the formly closed and locked off rooms of Darth Turbogeek in any way habitable - and considering the actual apartment was the only multilevel one of the Jedi, it was proving a long job. Getting equipment left behind in order was proving frustrating, the former occupant had not taken the time to do the job properly.

But at least Stig, his cat, was enjoying chasing the mouse drid that was doing some floor cleaning.

There was the sound of c hime, announcing someone was at the front door. the jedi Master paused, reaching out with the Force to see whom it was. A small smile played out across his face as he went to the door and openied it.

"Welcome Miss Tarkin. Would you care to come inside?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 20th, 2002, 05:56:02 PM
She bowed her head out of respect.

"Yes, thank you."

Stepping inside, it was hard not to raise a brow to the rather chaotic mess that the apartment was in. One could not even see the walls really from all the stuff stacked in front of it. At least there was a floor to walk on and Navaria had to chuckle somewhat as a cat ran by chasing a cleaning droid.

"Are you sure this is a good time?"

Navaria turned her head to speak to Marcus.

"I mean, there's a lot that needs to be done. Of course .."

Looking around once again...

"... if you need help, I have two free hands."

Marcus Telcontar
May 21st, 2002, 03:10:50 AM
"Help? Oh no, that is not needed. Mr Sheen will be fine to clean up. Just mind the cat, he's somewhat frisky right now."

He closed the door behind the other Jedi, pointing down the hall towards where the entertainment / eating area was. On one side was an open plan kitchen, the other was a set of computers, with a steel staircase that spiraled upwards to the second and larger floor.

"Forgive the mess - it has been two years since anyone lived in here and three since I personally set most of this up. Here, Darth Turbogeek ran many things I dont think the Jedi would have liked, but were critical to the Republic. Here, Master Yogurt and Turbogeek had a full command centre set up, with all the defences of Yavin under it's control, plus communications and slicing decks. Deciding what too keep and what to be rid of is proving an exercise in tedium - and intrest. Turbogeek also had extensive business interests and a lot of credits. Much more than the Jedi would ever suspect and nor did I. Please, would you like a seat, or would you like a tour of theapartment?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 21st, 2002, 08:58:13 PM
There was no way Navaria could have imagined that Turbogeek, let alone, Master Yogurt, had all this here.

"Well, the offer still stands if you need it."

Her ears perked up when Marcus mentioned communications and slicing equipment. Which her own vast knowlegde of such things, Navaria could pick out some equipment here and there. What also amazed her was how big this apartment was. Two floors. It must be the biggest room on Yavin. With everything found inside here, it had to be. It was a mini-control room afterall.

After taking in all that Marcus had said, Navaria looked down briefly at the floor.

"A tour sounds nice. Not many would have an opportunity for such a thing but..."

She looked up.

"... I don't think I would be enjoying myself. At least, not until I know what it is you wanted to talk to me about."

Marcus Telcontar
May 24th, 2002, 06:12:15 AM
"Direct and to the point. Yes, I did wish to talk. A long time ago as you now know, I was Darth Turbogeek. For a long time I was the leader of the Jedi and all whom faced me would tremble. There were other Jedi, like Master Yogurt who fought by my side and for a time the Dark Side was held in check. But... something changed. The Jedi lost focus. Dare I say, they become disinterested in what Jedi was supposed to be. It was that time when I was forced to leave and the clone took my place. I hoped the Jedi would see their error, but they never did. This is why I wanted to speak to you. I want to find ut what the Jedi are really like. I want to know if this is a place where I can serve and not be ashamed of it's name "

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2002, 06:39:04 PM
Navaria appreciated Marcus' honesty but still, she was confused about something.

"Why me?"

Weaving her fingers together, she faced forward.

"Master Yogurt or some of the other Jedi have been here longer then I. Some you would probably trust more then a being you just met today."

Marcus Telcontar
May 26th, 2002, 11:47:59 PM
"Good question. Master Yogurt sees a lot, but not enough. He is not here a lot. You however, are here and also you have an advantage. You have fresh eyes and you can see fault clearer. You see, when we are in a place for a while, we become blind to faults. Sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes to see fully"

Marcus shrugged.

"I place my trust in whom I will. I feel that my trust can be placed well with you"

Navaria Tarkin
May 27th, 2002, 07:06:01 PM
His words made sense to Navaria and she deferred to Marcus' judgement.

"Then I shall help you in anyway that I can and answer to the best of my abilities.

Where did you want to begin? There has to be much to talk about."

Marcus Telcontar
May 27th, 2002, 07:15:05 PM
"Ahh, where to begin. Beginnings can be such difficult things, if a thing is not started right, who knows what wrong might happen? Firstly, I would like to know of the Council. Tell me of them first"

Navaria Tarkin
May 28th, 2002, 09:37:03 PM
"The Council?"

Navaria looked around the cluttered room until she found a seat that had a few items that could easily be removed.

"Master Yogurt is seldom seen... but when he is needed, he is always there. He brings much wisdom to the Council and always speak free of judgement. Speaking only when something needs to be said of course.

The same can be said about AmazonBabe. She shows much understanding to the new Padawans and is always willing to risk her life along her fellow Jedi if the need arises.

Anbira is a wise Jedi. Walking the path of darkness...he is a model and teacher for those that have much anger and darkness swelling inside them. He always thinks first to make sure that he decision is sound. When something needs to be done, he says or does it immediately if necessary.

Leia ..."

Navaria paused to smile briefly.

"There has never been a more compassionate and caring Jedi. I owe much to her for making me the Jedi I am today. It was because of her time and consideration, I was able to move past my personal demons and ascend to Knighthood.

Morgan... Honestly, I do not know much about him personally but from what I have seen... he wants the Jedi to act more then just battling the Sith."

She sighed.

"It seems that many at the Order want to go out and find the Sith and kill them, before they can cause more damage. I wish they would come to understand that there are millions of beings out there that are suffering for other reasons. A Jedi does not find battles and actively kill..."

The Jedi looked up at Marcus with sad eyes.

"... I wish I could help them understand that we become more like the enemy with emotions and actions like that. Which is why Verse and Sage worry me.... More Sage though. Recently, he was quite vocal at the Bar and Grill about a campaign against the Sith. Such anger and vengeance I could feel from Master Sage. I know he feels he is doing it for the right reasons but such attitudes of important Jedi are powerful. Younger Jedi see that and think that it is the way the Jedi should be. Clouded by emotions..... Verse and another Jedi, Satine, seem to follow that logic as well.

Do not think that I don't understand that the Sith are a problem and need to be dealt with. Everything has a time and place but not at the cost of ones soul or ones place within the Light of the Force."

Navaria was speaking with her heart and her mind, being honest about what she did know of the Council. She wasn't really sure what Marcus was looking for but she spoke enough. There had to be something that she said that would spark his interest.

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2002, 05:40:00 PM
"Master Yogurt is my closet friend in the Jedi Order. We have fought together and done much in tandem. For him, I have nothing but the greatest respect. Leia, I knew her well too. Morgan also knows much about me as well. Anbira, a few years ago was a Padawan of mine. I am well pleased with him"

He leaned back, looking up to the ceiling

"What you said of Verse and Sage reminds me of Darth Turbogeek. And in some ways, I agree with what they say. - Sith that will not repent from evil should be destroyed. In others, in methods, I dont. Anger and aggression shoud always be guarded against"

A silent pause, before he spoke again.

"Jedi Navaria, do not make the the Jedi of the past did. Jedi are not all as you envision them. There needs to be a balance of views. At one time, all the Jedi saw things like Sage and Verse now do. Then the balance moved again, to a far too peaceful Jedi. The Jedi will always need ones like Sage and Verse and there should be others like you to temper them. They on the other hand will draw the pacifists out. It is a balance that must be sought and struck and it is that balance I am seeking to find out if it exists. I can not bear to sit by when evil works as some Jedi did in the past, but nor can I restrain the hotter and younger ones as well by myself. As well, the Council just became a reflection of myself. I have no wish for that to happen agian. So, what you have said gives me hope that the right balance can come about"

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:39:33 PM
Navaria waited patiently after Marcus had spoken. She was not worried in the least of what he was going to say for the words she spoke were truthful and honest. All were dear to her in the Order, even the more militant members. They were all Jedi. They were her family.

Finally, Marcus spoke up again. It took him some time to think a proper response.

"I to agree with what you speak of. I may not agree with the methods behind the course of action that some Jedi wish to take... but I do understand why they feel as they do.

The purpose of the Order is to work together and learn together. To ... grow together. So many cultures and opinions are here and to temper them into silence would only crack away at the foundation of the Order."

She had to smile slightly.

"And that foundation needs to be stable.... I believe it is heading that way but there still remains much work to be done and I am happy with what you say.... About what the future may hold. Perhaps you will become a more ... how shall I say..."

The Knight half smiled.

"... visible part of it?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 2nd, 2002, 10:52:05 PM
"Which is exactly why I ask what I do, Navaria Tarkin. I would not be here if I was not returning back into the Jedi, even for a short time. The fact is...... Now I have found where my wife is, I have no wish to leave. The question to me is simply in what capacity do I return? I am a Warrior, but in my heart, I am a man that loves peace more than anything. I would give much to simply be a simple farmer with no real cares."

So tell me... would the Council wish for someone like me to return? In the past I have been proven powerful enough to defy the Council before and I have faced them down as a group. Would you really want someone like that back again?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:51:54 PM
More questions that were not easy to answer were asked and Navaria paused to reflect.

"You do not wish to return ... but you stay because of your wife."

She began, almost as if she was thinking out loud. Absently the Knight tapped a finger on the side of her lip as she spoke.

"What I do know is that your wisdom and knowledge is just as important and just as meaningful as Master Yog. You are either side of the coin. Both a warrior and a man of peace.... An example to the younger Jedi that wars do not need to be made carelessly...

... As for the Council and your actions of the past."

Navaria looked up at Marcus, coming out of her thoughts.

"They are of the past and of a different Council. A different you and of a different Order. Things may not fall in the same place this time and such actions will not be warranted."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:28:54 PM
"If your assesment of the Council is correct, then yes I would agree. Such showdowns will not be necessary. Forgive me if I get introspective for a moment, but I am a man of intense emotions and I always have been. If I see something wrong or see somethign that needs to be done, I will say it and sometimes what I say will not be welcome. I have been badly burned by the Council's inaction and unwillingness to listen in the past and that is why I had no desire to come back."

Marcus fell quiet, before resuming, his his soft and quiet.

"And I stay here for a reason the Council should not approve of. It is for love I stay, not for Jedi reasons. Helenias holds me here, but that should not be the way that it be so. I understand why a Jedi should not grow attachments and why a Jedi should not love, yet I do. In a way, I asked for you to come here so I may seek Jedi reasons to be here and to be in the Order once again. "

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:01:00 PM
"Love is accepted, attachments are not... As you know. The Council feels much the same, as do I especially."

Navaria spoke as she would in addressing any serious matter but now her tone became less formal ... softer even.

"But I do understand love. Sometimes we must follow our heart and I have done much the same... So for being with your wife because of love... I cannot judge for I would be judged as well."

She took a deep breath and paused briefly.

"As for reasons... I think I already stated one of them. Tempering the young Jedi that are too brash. They need to learn not to run off foolishly against the Sith.... Perhaps you can help in that and provide another solution.

But there is something else. You told me of compassion and understanding. I believe that is a valuable lesson to be taught as well... You could provide that... and not with just Xazor."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:14:05 AM
"I might, but are others willing to accept it?"

This was an odd answer, but Marcus was following with an explaination, marshalling his thoughts while he spoke. "It has been my experience that the jedi understand some things well.They understand how to use the Force. They know how to use a lightsabre. They can talk well. They can sit at a bar and drink well too - I saw it in my time as Tohmahawk and as a Bounty Hunter. Even while I cursed what thw Jedi were becoming, I still watched over them and even in my own way, helped them. This planet, this home is curtesy of my efforts. The security of the Jedi on Arcan IV is because of the army I built. There is more I have been responsible for that the Jedi don't realise - and yet, allow me to tell you something that may shock you. The very troops you know as the NRSF - the elite of the Republic, trained and equipped to a point like no armed force seen before - they are not here for the purpose you may have heard. They are here to wipe out every Force User I could get my hands onto if the need arose. The Jedi were one step away from Tohmahawk unleashing the NRSF onto them and wiping them out, ending the Jedi this time permanatly. This entire setup is all part of a master plan to rid the Galaxy of the Jedi and the Sith, not a single Force user was to be spared. There is a database that holds all the identities of all known Force sensitives and if the paln was ever triggered, then even the ones who did not know they could control the Force would have died. And if you want to find the truth to my words, pnder this - why is it the NRSF are armed with Rail Guns, highly expensive and extremely rare devices... that are known to be able to defeat a sabre weilder? Their first operational test was against my clone that you knew as Darth Turbogeek and if he could not escape, what chance would anyone else have? What chance would you have against a squad of elite troops, armed with weapons you could not defend against for long, if at all?"

The words must have been shocking to the Jedi Knight, but every word was truth. It was what he was planning up to 8 months ago.

"So, if I may answer the question you would ask - why? I will tell you that I saw no hope with Force users. I saw Jedi use hate and anger, more concered with their own relationships and bar lurking, than to be compassionate and understanding. The Sith, they proclaim they can love! They marry and have children! How can this be? This is not the way of the Force! None of this is a teaching of the Dark Side or the Light Side! I'll I saw was cooruption and decay, all I saw was the Jedi and the Sith merging into one indisguishable group, neither in love with Light or Dark, perverting and twisting teachings because it suited them. The Force was out of Balance again, like it was in the time of the Empire. I do not suscribe to the two Force idea, of a Unifying and Living Force - I believe Balance is the know ign of good and evil and the knowing of how not to combine them.The Jedi did evil in the name of good and the Sith do good in the name of evil. Tell me, how can this be? How can Black be white? Good is good and evil is evil - you can not use evil for good and good for evil. A Jedi may not use the Dark Side as I knew they were and a Sith shall not know such things as love and call evil good! The Balance is precious and must always be clear to all. Believe me, I spoke many times on this Navaria Tarkin. I said many words making others realise the errors that had been made. But no one was willing to listen! No one wanted instruction and no one believed me, so prepossessed in their ways that they were. It gave me no joy seeing that I was helpless to prevent the spiral into madness... The Cheif of State and I talked years ago, for I saw this happening in my dreams. I went to her as Tohmahawk, but revealed I was a Jedi and I saw what was coming. She and I talked and in the end agreed that I was to be Judge, Jury and Executioner. And I was to make sure none survived if there was no hope for recovery"

He leaned back in his chair. "This is why I ask as I do. I have left Tohmahawk behind, I am no longer the executioner with a raised axe, but I am still watching. I seek signs that the Jedi have been righted and that they walk the road that they are supposed to. I seek from the Jedi the knowing that they will know good from evil, that they will walk in truth and light. I can not accept less. You might ask, why am I not leading the way in this myself if I believe so much in this? The answer is that I may lead, but others must follow and before, no one did. I will not waste my time and breath for a second time. I will walk away again and this time I will not be back. The Jedi must learn compassion and justice, they must know that they are servants first and foremost, that they are to walk in truth and Light. There are no half measures, there is no I will do so later when it pleases me attitude. The Jedi WILL or they should not do at all. For a man whom believes in these things in the depth of my heart, I can not serve ideals less, nor can I side with anyone whom is less either"

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:11:32 AM
To be other then in a state of confusion, shock, utter surprise to what Marcus confided in her was putting in mildly. It was difficult to hide such a reaction. No one could and Marcus could see Navaria's eyes grow wider.

How could things have gotten so far that one man took it upon himself to erradicate all the Force users known to exist? What could have possessed a man to push himself to think in such extremes .... go to places where no other person would have dared to walk in order to preserve life and to do what he thought was restoring balance.

Then the explanations came and much to Navaria's dislike... She had to agree. It was true. All of it. She had seen everything that Marcus had talked about walking in the shoes as Dalethria... By no means an expert on the Sith, Navaria still had witnessed much of what he was describing. Holy Crusades of cleansing that the Sith have done... culling the weak so there can be strength, and doing it because they thought they were right and everyone else was wrong. Navaria had seen Sith fall in love and met those children that were spoke of.

Where were the Jedi and New Republic? No where to be seen, except in scattered numbers and seemingly... the same souls over and over again that were visible. Navaria often wondered, when Dalethria was sleeping and she could do such things, where did things go terribly wrong.

The explosion of Sith coming to existence was a quandary in and of itself, not to mention their ways. The teachings of the Book of Hate were lost as well as tradition. New traditions were made .... and more evil was seeded throughout the galaxy. The rise of the Galactic Empire did not help such things either ...

Strange their was no answer to her question. Why such the sudden surge of Force potentials... But there was one thing certain...

"Marcus. I know you felt justified in planning this ... fail safe ... but the murder of hundreds of beings to bring balance to the Force would have done nothing. It did not work with Vader and it would not have worked now. There is no way to destroy the vessel in which the Force wishes to learn and grow ... if a hundred fall ... another hundred would have risen up to take their place, and so on ... and so on. Then there is no guarantee that things would have settled into place as you would have liked them too.

But ... I know you realized this, otherwise you would not have told me. I, personally, wanted to say it for myself."

Navaria let her thoughts dwell on what Marcus had spoken last. About the Jedi and are they willing to follow another path.

"For a long time, the Jedi have been going through transitions of self and of the soul. So much anger and death have caused delusions and apathy. We all need to heal for various reasons. The galaxy has become harsh and bitter which has reflected upon many of the Order.

I believe it's time for a new era of the Jedi but ..."

Her heart felt so heavy in regards to what she was going to say.

"... I am not certain all would listen. It tears at my very soul to say such things but I don't want to speak falsehoods to you when you have been honest to me."

Navaria let herself relax, taking a deep breath.

"What I do is that the potential for the Jedi is there. I have felt the change that can occur if they are willing to believe in the cause and themselves.

In that ... I am .... lost as to how to give them that."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:45:56 AM
"I would have traded the deaths of 100's for the safety of trillions. Think of that, Navarnia Tarkin. Maybe more Jedi would have arisen, I would guarenttee it would be a long time into the future, years after I left known space. All records of the Jediw ere to be wiped out and all their teachings. The Sith as well. There would have been no Force Users for many, many generations.

The beings without the use of the Force are still scared of us. They remember the Empire, they remember how it came about. I might be the one of two Jedi to have lived through the time of Plapatine. It was a terrible time. The Galaxy needs to know they can trust the Jedi and The Force. And in this.... your last words do not convince me that can be done. They speak hope, but also that the hope you have is in vain. I have no answers either if the Jedi will not listen and see the true path. I can only give answers and lead if those here have ears to listen and wisdom to judge for themselves.

Tell me I am wrong. I am willing to listen as I have no desire to see what happened before the Dark Times to happen again, to hope that I can make a difference here."

Navarnia ... Tarkin? Surely not...

"Before you answer me, satisfy my curiouslity. Navarnia Tarkin? I have heard the name Tarkin and met one by that name, many years ago."

OOC : Crap post this is :/ sorry, couldnt think of better

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:09:53 PM
Already Navaria was thinking about her answer to Marcus. Perhaps the Jedi needed a sign, something for them to rally behind. She looked long and hard at the Jedi Master and Warlord across from her. If some could listen, then others could follow. There had to be a starting point and then take each step at a time.

It seemed that Marcus wanted quick results, which is why Navaria answered as she had. Thinking about it more, maybe what Marcus needed to hear that she believed the Jedi could change for the better. It would just take time and patience.

Then the Master Jedi caught her off-guard with a smashball. Why he brought this up no instead of in the beginning was strange...

"Yes ... Tarkin is my family name. I'm not sure who you have met long ago. My Grandfather was Grand Moff Tarkin and my father served as a Captain for the Imperial Navy ... serving under Lord Vader."

It just rolled off the tongue, almost like a rehearsed speech. Navaria had spoken those lines so many times that it came out practically the same way each time.

OOC~ It is alright Marcus. We all have our off days :: huggles :: :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:35:06 PM
"Grand daughter of the Grand Moff? M'dam, you really make me feel my age. I met Tarkin before he made his rise up the ranks. Only in passing I will admit, but..... dont look so surprised. I'm not human. I have so far lived 109 years standard and some of my race, The Numeonians, have lived for 500. I have seen a lot and I saw the Empire first hand. Helenias is much older than she appears as well. I could takl long on what I have seen in my years, but that is not what we are here for, nor is it what is on your mind. Speak what it is you want to say"

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 13th, 2002, 09:51:30 PM
"Very well. But I want to return to a more causal conversation sometime with you.... I don't have many memories of my Grandfather...."

She ended softly but easily found the strength to return to the main purpose of this meeting.

"I know you want to see things change but I know they can't change overnight. I sense that you want change to be fast, correct me if I am wrong, but it's what I feel. Change will happen with patience and time, they will not change quickly.

I do not go back on what I said. Some Jedi will not listen but in time they will. That is why I say what I do. Results will not happen immediately and I fear that is what you want.

But change will happen. The Jedi need something. A sign perhaps and I believe that can be you if you want it. To even have some listen at first is all that is needed to start the reaction. Others will follow.

And one other thing... I know you care deeply for the Order but if you don't see for yourself with your own eyes what the Jedi are now and leave this place, then you'll have to live with the what if's and the obvious regret.

A Jedi should not have such thoughts."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2002, 10:37:04 PM
His forehead creased in a frown.

"Pardon my puzzlement, but most beings find my manner very direct and even after living with humans for years, sometimes what is said clearly but in a roundabout way eludes me utterly. I see you want me to do something as you think it would achieve much. Speak bluntly with me for a moment if you will and tell me what you see and what you would like me to do"

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 27th, 2002, 10:04:46 PM
Navaria's seriousness vanished and was replaced with a smile.

"My apologies. I think it was the way I was raised that made me make a simple sentence into a huge soliloquy.

What I'm saying is you should talk to the other members of the Council and hear other opinions then just mine. To make a decision on one view alone would be silly."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 30th, 2002, 04:15:46 AM
Ahhhhh. He was thinking she had been going in that direction. He looked down, thinking before coming to a decision.

"You speak well and with conviction. I will not deny your request. I will go, but I will not go alone. I would seek your support. Lead me if you will. I would go, but I would go with some reluctance - for you might have a kind and understanding heart, but would others? You have to understand, some might think I abandoned the Order and may not wish to see me back."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:35:45 PM
She nodded.

"And that is a realistic reaction that may occur, I understand. But know this, you trusted me enough to speak to me with frankness and honesty. I could only return that with seeing you through to whatever decision you make. I will stand beside you when you speak to the Council and do it with honor."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:38:06 PM
"Then I await for your lead"

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 30th, 2002, 08:04:24 PM
"As you wish, Marcus."

OOC~ http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20396

continued there :)