PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about the group forums

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2002, 01:26:57 PM
Just knocking a few off I am thinking of:

1- Does the "WHo's Online" section show thread titles if someone is reading them?

2- Does the search feature let the normal person see threads?

3- SHould general RPing mods access locked group forums, or are they out of bounds?

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 02:37:18 PM
1) Assuming it's not in a locked forum, yes.

2) Threads that are not in locked forums, yes.

3) I believe that, as of right now, they have access. Unless Ogre specificed otherwise.

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2002, 02:54:57 PM
No, I dont mean like that. I mean, should we stay out, our of courtesy?

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 02:58:27 PM
Well, we should be able to restrict their access manually, if it isn't already.

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2002, 03:22:04 PM
So, any group could disallow any mod from entry? Gotcha :)

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 03:36:29 PM
I believe so, yes. Feel free to experiment with it.

ReaperFett
May 19th, 2002, 03:52:44 PM
AYe aye :)

Master Yoghurt
May 20th, 2002, 12:01:44 AM
Actually, I dont have access to any of the PW locked forums, so I would assume that means moderators should not have access, or pehaps it is related to my membership with the Jedi? I would obviously never try to edit the access mask for those forums. Those would only be entered upon invitation or if someone else added access.

Anyway, for later reference, I would like to state the policy for Temple Avalon and GJO Admin forum. Any board wide moderator may enter there, as we have nothing to hide. :)

TheHolo.Net
May 20th, 2002, 06:24:01 AM
I set the board wide moderators without access to the private forum of the groups they did not already have on ezboard for a couple of reasons.

1. Courtesy and respect for their individuality.
2. Because of that individuality, their forums really aren't the boardwide mods' responsibility except in extreme cases/emergency, which should not apply to locked forums.

Boardwide mods do have the ability to modify all access masks for themselves, but forum specific moderators cannot, because of usergroup permissions, edit a board mods' access masks.