PDA

View Full Version : Piracy, grr, really really ticks me off

JonathanLB
May 19th, 2002, 03:36:09 AM
If I saw someone pirating any film while I was in the theater, through recording it, I would go get the manager immediately without question. It makes me sick. Even attempting that should land you in jail for a good six months so you can think real hard about doing it again, IMO.

I know that at OSU, where I will go next year, AOTC is all over the networks and people are watching this LOUSY version (my friend has seen it, but he was at the midnight showing with me, and he says the quality sucks) of the film and judging it from that.

Paul, who really doesn't appreciate good film at all (he was actually looking forward to Death to Smoochy if that tells you something), apparently watched a lot of it on the computer and was complaining. I mean, you don't watch ANY MOVIE, let alone a SW film, on your computer with that bad of quality (way less than even VCD quality, this particular version), then judge it. I am going to drag that kid to AOTC if he hasn't seen it by the time OSU lets out in mid-June.

Also those pirated copies cut down on repeat viewings.

I really hate college in many ways. While it may be the center for knowledge and learning, it is unquestionably and absolutely the center for immorality too. Between the underage drinking, premarital, casual sex, overuse of cigarettes everywhere (especially right outside the dorm windows!), massive drug use (by people who never have tried drugs before, too), and of course the network piracy that includes everything from music to movies to software, college is the most immoral institution on Earth.

Anyone who sees AOTC on their computer is doing themselves an amazing injustice. I was never even slightly tempted by either TPM or AOTC on VCD or on the Internet. I wouldn't waste my time on such pathetic quality presentation.

Darth Viscera
May 19th, 2002, 03:54:23 AM
I wouldn't waste my time on such pathetic quality presentation.

So don't watch it. Others will, whether their actions anger you to the point of writing 322 words about your disdain for their acts or not. Try to ignore it.

Admiral Lebron
May 19th, 2002, 08:17:50 AM
While a friend of mine saw the pirated version, he has seen AOTC twice now in the theaters and intends to see it a few more times. Some are bad, some are good. I guess it depends on how cheap they really are.

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 10:08:00 AM
:rolleyes

Jedieb
May 19th, 2002, 03:37:37 PM
I may have my hands on one by the end of the week. A former student of mine burned a copy 3 days before AOTC was released!!! He said he'd get me one if I wanted so I might be watching a pirated version off my laptop soon.

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 03:44:00 PM
I'd just like to say that neither myself nor SWFans.net condones piracy in any way, shape or form. Please respect your local and state laws regarding piracy.