PDA

View Full Version : A Crazy Idea

JMK
May 18th, 2002, 09:37:47 PM
Hey guys, me and JMC have been talking about our sig woes here, and I came up with an idea to have our sigs hosted on the board itself. Is it at all possible to create some space, and a page for members to host the sig images (with a size restriction of course). The catch is that it would cost members say $5 to host. This way, those of us who have problems keeping our sigs online (geocities shut down my free site) could have a host AND sponsor the board? Is this possible, or am I dreaming?

Shawn
May 18th, 2002, 11:42:59 PM
Eh... I don't think so. :\

JMK
May 19th, 2002, 02:06:27 PM
Sure it's a lot of work, but it isn't a terrible idea is it?;)

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 02:28:38 PM
If you really want to go in that direction, why not just pay for hosting at somewhere like clanpages? It's not horribly expensive.

Space and bandwith issues aside, the only people who can upload files to the site are myself and Ogre. Which means that, everytime someone wants to make some little change to their sig, they'd have to contact us to upload it.

It's an ok idea, but not something I would easily go in for,

JMK
May 19th, 2002, 05:02:31 PM
Nah, I didn't think so, hence the title of the thread, it was more of a thing to send some money in the board's direction? Where can we donate to the board anyway? I've been meaning to ask...

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 11:16:42 PM
If you *really* want to, I have a PayPal account set up which I use only for the purpose of funding the board. But everything up to this point is paid for, so there's no real need to. Nonetheless, the e-mail addy you can use to donate money via PayPal is Dark_God@DeadlySins.co.uk

JMK
May 19th, 2002, 11:42:17 PM
Well if it's not needed, I have other uses for it, but I'll be ready when the board needs it.;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 22nd, 2002, 09:47:06 PM
I guess you solved your sig problem JMK, because I noticed it was working. But if you have problem again you could ask Doc, that is what I did and he was happy to host it for me.

JMK
May 23rd, 2002, 03:48:37 PM
Yeah, it's weird, it just started working again. :huh

I have an email that says geocities is closing down home pages, and so I thought they had went ahead with that, but maybe it was just a problem with their server or something.