PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 deleted scenes

JMK
May 18th, 2002, 06:57:56 PM
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/cut/

Now I can't wait for the DVD! What will they put back into the film?

ReaperFett
May 18th, 2002, 07:02:17 PM
They BETTER put in the sub mission. I want more Ki Adi, Plo Koon and Aayla Secura action! :)

Rama
May 18th, 2002, 07:03:05 PM
I know the Shimi/Tusken Scences were longer. And I think a lot of the jedi's power got cut out as well....if you notice on the action figures.

JMK
May 18th, 2002, 07:05:39 PM
I don't mind that, actually, I'm satisfied with the action sequences and jedi abilites shown, I want to see more interaction between characters. Obi Wan and Anakin, Anakin and Padme, Palpatine and Anakin, more character development! MORE! (Not that there wasn't any in AotC already...)

ReaperFett
May 18th, 2002, 07:19:48 PM
I WANT MORE ACTION! :)

JMK
May 18th, 2002, 07:33:35 PM
Ok Ok I can't be picky here. More Star Wars, no matter what scene they put in is great....MORE EVERYTHING!

Jedieb
May 18th, 2002, 07:41:32 PM
I really think Lucas did a good job of editing AOTC. Those deleted scenes sound awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing some of them put back into a DVD version, but I think they would have made the film too long for casual movie goers. Most of us would have just sat there and drooled through all of them, but I think the 2 hours plus we got was juuuuust right. I really would like to see Padme's home and her family. The novel scenes between her and her sister really lend some depth to her feelings for Anakin and they make the relationship seem more balanced.

JMK
May 18th, 2002, 07:46:38 PM
You're right, they would.I was very surprised when Padme told Anakin how much she loved him. I didn't expect that at all and I thought it was going to be Anakin forcing himself on her the whole time.

Jedieb
May 18th, 2002, 07:50:39 PM
I just saw the pics of Dooku fighting with 2 sabers. HOLY COW! That should DEFINITELY be on the DVD. I really think Yoda fending off Dooku with 2 sabers would make seem even more of a bad a.s.s. than the original fight did. Something I didn't think possible. I noticed that a lot of the "deleted scenes" were passages in the novel that never made it in the movie. I'm not sure how many of those were ever even filmed. The novel isn't a literal interpretation. I think there is a lot of Salvatore's own take on AOTC. That's perfectly fine because that's exactly what Lucas wanted. At SWCon2 Salvatore talked about how Lucas asked him to focus more on the relationship between Anakin and Padme. He wanted him to flesh it out more. But a lot of that may never have been shot or intended for the movie.