PDA

View Full Version : What's really going on??[masked spoilers]

JMK
May 17th, 2002, 10:28:08 PM
Who's playing who?
Dooku is obviously in cahoots with Sidious. IMO, Sidious knows all about the clone army, and was biding his time until he could manipulate the senate into giving him the power to activate the army. Sidious also knows that Dooku's droid army exists. The question is, does Dooku know that the clone army exists? At first, you would think no. He tells Windu that they're hopelessly outnumbered, to which Windu says "I don't think so". So this leads me to believe that Dooku doesn't know the clones are on the way. Also, consider that when Viceroy Gunray wonders how the Jedi could have amassed such a large army, Dooku has no answers for him. So is Dooku playing the separatists and just eliminating the opposition's droid army, leaving only the clones standing, with no one to challenge them, or is Sidious playing Dooku, and using him as a pawn to divide the Republic, with the intentions of getting rid of him later??

This isn't so much a question as it is a discussion to figure out what's really going on here...

Live Wire
May 17th, 2002, 10:43:23 PM
Dooku and siddious are playing both sides. What would be the only way for them to get absolute power. Create a war. The clones were ordered 10 years prior right when palpatine took power. He ordered the clones and then as soon as they were ready had his apprentice create unrest and create the seperatist movement. The jedi and the republic were in a catch 22. If they dont use the clone army and defend against the droids they get wiped out as we saw in the arena. But if they use the clones then siddious who is palpatine gets power he's going to get one way or another. He created the situation so that the republic and the jedi had to use the clones and give him absolute power that he will never relenquish.

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2002, 10:45:02 PM
sidious/palpy is playing EVRYONE!! Dooku is being played a fool.I'm sure he thinks that at some point he can run over sidious and take over BUT what he does not know is Siduos is already prepping his star pupil ANIKIN. Palpy/sidiuos has already gotten the senate in his pocket note how he and (do not know his name) the guy with the pointy horns,are talking and SET up Jar-Jar to vote emergancey power to palpy.One of the only people not in his power is Bail.Look as they are looking at the clones at the end Bail is absolutely SICK !!! Dooku I'm sure knew of the clones BUT I'm sure he had in his mind they would ONLY be used to run rough shot after the trade fediration and gang already have a war under way with the republic with the droids not with the clones.

JMK
May 17th, 2002, 10:52:41 PM
Then Dooku is an idiot! When he returns to Coruscant, he says to Sidious "the boy is begun". He knows of Palpatine's plan to convert Anakin, but he must surely know if the one master one apprentice rule. Maybe Dooku thinks that he will knock off Sidious himself, and run the galaxy with Anakin but little does he know that Sidious is already in Anakin's good books as he's already grooming his arrogance.

Live Wire
May 17th, 2002, 10:54:26 PM
Im sure dooku's in on everything as far as the actuall war. Sure siddious is using him just as he uses all of his apprentices. He doesnt want them to get more powerful then he is and take over. He usues them and preps the new guy just as he tried to do with vader and luke

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2002, 10:58:17 PM
doesn't he say the WAR has begun? I have been know to be wrongO_o but I'm a100% positive that's what he said . If not I have some wax to clean out and some serious Thinking to do YIKES!!! I hate to think :D

JMK
May 17th, 2002, 10:58:58 PM
There's no stability in this guy's life is there?

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2002, 11:05:39 PM
:lol

BTW :JMK where is you sig? I thought in some other posts it was missing as well?

Jedi Master Carr
May 17th, 2002, 11:07:36 PM
I thought he said the war has begun that was what I thought I heard. I am thinking Dooku thinks he can turn Anakin, he tried to turn Obi-Wan but that failed and I suspect he will try to do the same think to Anakin in EP 3, I wonder what he will say to him

Jedi Master Carr
May 17th, 2002, 11:10:48 PM
Don't telling me you are having problems too JMK? I was having the same problem the other day, and I was thinking I fixed it but I left out the img code. By the way could somebody tell me what it is so I can fix my sig.

JMK
May 17th, 2002, 11:13:43 PM
I think Geocities may have shut down my site.
As for yours, make sure your image take it right, if it isn't already.

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2002, 11:15:28 PM
I dont thinkDooku will try,I feel that he will try and Kill Anikin if anything,so he can stay # 2 when he finds out Sidious is here to stay.I really feel Dooku lost alot of his ego when Yoda showed him up. Ten bucks say's Anikin kills dooku after he has turned.and I think it will be like a Swift no fight just standing there Anikin whips out saber cuts down Dooku end of story.

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2002, 11:20:22 PM
wish I could help JMC, but if it was not for JMK:) and Doc milo ,me have no sig :(

HunterJodoKast
May 18th, 2002, 12:48:00 AM
Yes, I believe he did say the war has begun. See EP.III is when the Clone Wars commences. What happened on Genosia was no war but a mere battle... a mere glimpse of things to come. Dooku is likely being played by Sidious. Three's company when Anakin turns.

darth_mcbain
May 18th, 2002, 10:43:43 AM
I think Dooku knows about the clone army, but he thinks that it is still in contention as to whether it will be used or not. When it actually shows up, though, I think that is what surprised him. Also, I think he has to act surprised, because as the leader of the separatist movement, he can't be seen by his allies as being in league with the Republic.

As for Anakin killing Dooku, that is certainly a possibility in III, but I was wondering if it might be Palpatine who kills him. We haven't seen Palpatine's power yet, and I think a demonstration is required in Ep. III when he is revealed as Emperor. And I doubt Palpatine would hesitate in the slightest in killing his apprentice, if it served his purposes. I don't know - just a thought.

JediBoricua
May 18th, 2002, 11:22:35 AM
Dooku and Sidious know everything is going on. They have to, I do not believe Sidious alone is powerful enought to block the jedi from perceiving the force. It makes sense for Sidious to have recruited a stronger apprentice, instead of a weapon like Maul. Anakin will be second in command, we know that , so there are interesting scenarios for Dooku. Maybe he will be killed in the war, Sidious will betray him, Sidious will stage a battle between Vader and Dooku for power, or maybe Yoda will slay him as he fleds for Degobah, thus leaving no trail of were he has gone

JMK
May 18th, 2002, 12:42:00 PM
Again as in ESB, Lucas leaves something as ambiguous. Is Palpatine playing Dooku, or is Dooku just playing dumb for the sake of his cause? Either way, Palpatine's plan to rip apart the senate, and to a larger extent, the Republic is masterful!

Shawn
May 18th, 2002, 12:57:49 PM
At first, I thought Dooku was actually at odds with Palpatine. From everything I've read, I think Dooku is only studying under him to gain enough power to stop him... or something like that.

I think he genuinely wants to do good, but believes he needs the power of the Dark Side to accomplish it - much like the original Dark Jedi.

JMK
May 18th, 2002, 01:18:56 PM
So you're saying he's alot like Qui Gon in that he's a rogue and for him, the ends justify the means? If he needs to stray from the Jedi in order to vanquish evil, then so be it?
I think that's reasonable enough. That's a whole other topic to discuss. ;)

Nupraptor
May 18th, 2002, 01:22:40 PM
Well, Luke tried something similar in the Dark Empire comics, so I don't think it's too far-fetched.

Jedieb
May 18th, 2002, 08:38:35 PM
I have to disagree. I think Dooku has COMPLETELY gone over to the Dark Side. He would have slaughtered Obi-Wan and Anakin if not for Yoda. I also think it was Dooku who ordered the creation of the clones in the first place. I believe he used the identity of Sifo-Dyas to order the clones. He may even killed Dyas himself or somehow gotten Dyas to make the order and then killed him. Remember, Jango said he was hired by a man named Tyrranus. So that tells us Dooku was in on it from the beginning. I think he's playing the Separatists the same way Sidious used the Trade Federation in TPM. Sidious and Dooku are working hand in hand to start a war that will transform the Republic into an Empire completely in control of Palpatine. Now because they're Sith, I have no doubt they each have secret desires to use and dispose of the other. I bet they BOTH want Anakin as an apprentice. That would seem to me to be an inherent weakness of the Sith and the Dark Side. A lack of trust.