PDA

View Full Version : Fulfilling a Dream

Breldun Vedas
May 17th, 2002, 09:41:51 PM
:: Breldun Vedas strode slowly into the Jedi Recruitment Center. Today was the moment of truth, and he knew that. So many things in his past...difficulties, problems, trials and tribulations...all endured solely in preparation of the day that was now finally at hand.

"You must train with all of your energy, my son, or you will not accomplish your goal."

Breldun slightly grinned internally as the words of his wise father played in his head. How right he had been, Breldun still could not comprehend. He missed having his father around lately. He missed the wisdom, the guidance and the feeling of comfort. He knew that he could attain all of these and fill the void in his life by becoming a Jedi, like his father before him. That was why he was here. That was why he had travelled and trained. To fulfill his lifelong dream of following in his father's footsteps.

As he neared the center of the Recruitment Center, Breldun bowed his head respectfully, waiting to be acknowledged. ::

Xazor Elessar
May 17th, 2002, 09:58:50 PM
Xazor stepped from the shadows and walked toward the newcomer. She reached up with her right hand and removed the hood of her cloak from her head, revealing her blonde waist length hair, which was in Garou warrior braids with coins interwoven into them. She smiled and neared him, and when she stopped, her red robes gathered at her feet like sand on a beach.

"Greetings....I am Warrior Jedi Knight, Xazor Dawnstrider. You seek to train as a Jedi, yes?"

She knew the answer for she had probed his mind, and read his thoughts. Smiling to herself, she bowed in a formal greeting to the young man that stood before her.

Breldun Vedas
May 17th, 2002, 10:07:42 PM
:: Breldun turned and faced the woman that had came to greet him. Smiling slightly at her, he returned the bow. Though he did not show it outwardly, this was the most pleased that he had ever been in his life. His stomach was filled with butterflies, for this was it. Finally, he was here, and he was greeted. Coming quickly back to reality and not wanting to be rude, he answered the woman before him. ::

"Yes, I have come to train as a Jedi."

Xazor Elessar
May 17th, 2002, 10:11:40 PM
Xazor smiled and felt the excitement emminating from his body. She bowed her head in recognition of his desire.

"Indeed...that is a wise decision...but why do you wish to serve the Light as a Protector of Peace and Justice...why do you wish to be a Jedi?"

She questioned gently, knowing that there was always some deep reason why....every story was unique and different, and she was sure his was no exception.

Breldun Vedas
May 17th, 2002, 10:16:29 PM
:: Breldun's smiled faded, but then quickly re-emerged. He had expected a question such as this, and had spent time rehearsing exactly how he would phrase the many reasons why he wished to join. ::

"The primary reason that I am seeking to be trained in the ways of the Jedi is that my one hero, my father, was a Jedi. He was the most noble person that I have ever known, and I wish to be like him. Childish as it may seem, this is the primary reason."

Xazor Elessar
May 17th, 2002, 10:20:07 PM
Xazor smiled once again and nodded.

"Good reason, you have...but do you wish to do this for yourself?"

She questioned seriously this time...she hoped he too wished to do this for himself, and it was not just the wish to fulfill something his father had wanted...

Breldun Vedas
May 17th, 2002, 10:23:48 PM
:: Breldun's smiled faded, but did not reappear this time. He looked at the woman and thought for a moment before speaking. ::

"No, I do not wish this for myself."

:: Pausing as he saw her facial expression change to that of mild shock, he waited. He had a great sense of humor, even if he sometimes picked bad times to use it.. His face changed to a smile again as he continued. ::

"I wish to do this for all of the people that I might help. All of the innocents that might be saved by my trying to protect the galaxy."

Xazor Elessar
May 17th, 2002, 10:38:31 PM
For a moment, Xazor was shocked...until he spoke again. She then smiled and nodded with encouragement.

"That is a just cause....and noble if I may say so myself. You have the heart of a Jedi. So I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order...a Master shall be assigned to train you shortly..."

She said with a bright smile.

Breldun Vedas
May 18th, 2002, 09:20:25 PM
:: Breldun bowed low, showing his obvious respect for the Jedi Knight before him. ::

"Thank you very much. I shall wait anxiously."

Xazor Elessar
May 18th, 2002, 09:29:28 PM
Xazor smiled and nodded.

"You shall make a fine Jedi, Breldun...may the Force be with you..."

She bowed once again before slipping into the shadows as she had come....

Breldun Vedas
May 18th, 2002, 10:12:19 PM
:: Breldun bowed once again as Xazor made her exit. ::

"May the Force be with you also, Xazor."

Master Yoghurt
May 20th, 2002, 11:16:13 PM
A creature resembling Yoda in appearance entered the chamber..

"Greetings.. I understand you wish to become a Jedi? My name is "Yoghurt", Jedi Master and Elder of the Council. You must be.."

He checked his datapad for list of applicants for the Jedi Academy,

"Breldun Vedas.. interesting.. but now.. tell me, how feel you?"

Breldun Vedas
May 27th, 2002, 09:51:07 PM
OOC: Please excuse the wait. :(

"I feel that there is much conflict in the galaxy, and that peace needs to be reestablished. I feel that in this wonderous place, many wrongs occur that need to be righted. And finally, Master Jedi, I feel that, through training, I may, in some small way, be able to correct these things."

Breldun bowed before the small Jedi Master humbly.

Edit: TTT

Master Yoghurt
Jun 19th, 2002, 01:55:54 AM
Listening to Breldun's words, the Jedi nodded understanding

"A rightous mind who seeks the Light. In a galaxy full of greed and conflict, the help you valiantly offer will help us achieving peace and balance. We must not lose hope"

The old man gestured his tiny clawed hands gently as he spoke - intoning the significance of his words. Folding his arms in a pondering posture, he contemplated the future of this promising candidate.

"I sense you will become a great Jedi. However, you will need guidance.. someone to mentor you in the ways of the Force. I sense patience and serenity in you, yet there is passion and eagerness to learn. That is an important combination of traits a Padawan Learner should have. How feel you about being trained under my tutelage?"

Yog studied the potential Jedi calmly, resting his against his walking cane as he awaited Breldun Vedas' answer.

Breldun Vedas
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:28:58 AM
Breldun nodded slowly as he listened to the wise old Jedi Master speak. It was not often that he got to be in the presence of someone as advanced in the Jedi arts as the small being that stood before him now.

"To be a Padawan under you would be both an honor and a privledge, Master Yoghurt. I say that if you believe that I am worthy of that, then I most certainly would love to learn the ways of the Jedi under your tutelage."