View Full Version : Hales' contribution to the script [masked spoilers]

ReaperFett
May 17th, 2002, 08:31:10 PM
he said this at Celebration II:

"In Episode I, Qui-Gon is the teacher and Obi-Wan the learner," he said. "In Episode II, Obi-Wan is the senior, so inevitably he has a more dominant role. But one of the things about this story that is really nice is that, as part of Darth Sidious' plan, Obi-Wan and Anakin had to be detached which they think happens quite naturally. And what happens then is that Obi-Wan becomes a detective. George and I actually talked about Raymond Chandler and Mean Streets and things like that. Obi-Wan has to set off and solve a mystery. The whole sequence in downtown Coruscant and Dex's Diner are all pretty sleazy. Obi-Wan has to follow the trail to solve the mystery which gives him a whole story of his own."

"At the same time, it puts Anakin in a situation where he and Amidala are together alone, unchaperoned except for Artoo. That's pretty sneaky as far as Sidious is concerned."

JMK
May 17th, 2002, 09:42:06 PM
That's almost exactly what I said to my girlfriend during dinner after our first viewing of AotC. What I also found even sneakier was his manipulation or tricking of Jar Jar into giving him emergency powers.

ReaperFett
May 18th, 2002, 06:56:35 AM
yeah, Poor guy, just trying to do the best:)