PDA

View Full Version : Stupid DJ's!!!

Jedieb
May 17th, 2002, 09:05:49 AM
Two morning show DJ's on one of my local radio stations trashed AOTC this morning. What's worse is that they're the most popular duo in their time slot. They were so negative that I could see a few of their listerners might be put off from seeing the movie. When they played their listerner's phone calls they only played people who agreed with them. I don't know, maybe they had to screen the calls from angry SW fans because of foul language or something. Their complaints were generally; bad acting, unbelievable love story, boring, but Yoda looked great!

Stupid Dj's.:mad

CMJ
May 17th, 2002, 09:40:42 AM
Don't worry about it Eb, the people who would be put off are people that were most likely hesitant to go in the first place.

Gav Mortis
May 17th, 2002, 10:27:37 AM
It doesn't suprise me to be honest, you're bound to get a lot of that and at least George Lucas has had his personal say in the matter:

"I don't think anyone likes the media, to be honest with you," he responds during an hour-long conversation later in the day, in which he declares himself disliked by Hollywood, mistreated by the press and maligned even by "Star Wars" fans. "I like to make movies. I don't like to talk about it. It takes time, energy, and I'm not sure it's necessary to sell the movie. Half of it comes out in a derogatory way anyway. . . . You say, 'Why bother?' ultimately."

Jedieb
May 17th, 2002, 10:42:13 AM
What's worse is that they were talking about a screening they THEY were hosting! They had a big contest, bought out a theater, and sat in there with an audience of SW Fans and still came away and trashed it. They use the opening of AOTC as one big publicity stunt, and then walk away trashing it. Jerks! :mad