PDA

View Full Version : Palpatine speculation [masked spoilers]

Jedi Master Carr
May 16th, 2002, 11:11:30 PM
Does anybody else think that it was very convient that Shimi was captured by Tusken Raiders? I just have a feeling that Palpatine was behind it and had it done, either had a bounty hunter do it (maybe Aura Sing or somebody else) or used a mind trick to have the Tuskens do it. Here is my theory Palpatine will then reveal to Anakin that the Jedi was behind it because they wanted to eliminate the emotional attachment he had to his mother, it would defintely make him hate the Jedi and could explain a lot.

Jedieb
May 17th, 2002, 09:24:38 AM
That thought occured to me as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Palpy was behind the Tusken Raider attack. He could then tell Anakin the Jedi should have let him return to his mother at some time. If not for the Jedi Code, his mother would still be alive. A Sith Lord would have allowed him to visit, and he'd even throw in some frequent flier miles to boot! Stupid Jedi...

Darth Lynch
May 17th, 2002, 06:44:41 PM
This is why I love the novel...

The novel opens not with the attack on Padme but Shimi and her new life on the farm with her new husband, owen her son in law and Beru whom they joke about marrying Owen in the future.

These bits of the novel give a lot of character development for them. It has the Tuskens who are said to raid farms and have before testing out the defences for the farm (Bantah poo apparantly is an effective tatic at disabling sensors.) and one day when Shimi goes out to collect some items they are still around and kidnap her.

Owen and his father go off to rescure her along with several other families but the Tuskens have set a trap. A wire is stringed across an stretch of area and as the farmers go after the tuskens to get shimi back one of the farmers gets decapitated by the wire and many more are killed.

The husband of Shimi(forget his name) even loses his leg due to that wire, he jumps to avoid it but isnt compeltely succesful.

Anakin goes to get his mother later which is said to be about three weeks later. The Tuskens took shimi and started to beat on her during this time to see how tough she was and thus gauge how tough the rest of the people in the area were.

As for Sidious/Palpatine.......I'm surprised no one mentioned or asked the question if the Jedi Master Syfa Dias(sp) is Sidious or was The name sounds awful like Sidious if you put it together.

JMK
May 17th, 2002, 09:23:45 PM
As for Sidious/Palpatine.......I'm surprised no one mentioned or asked the question if the Jedi Master Syfa Dias(sp) is Sidious or was The name sounds awful like Sidious if you put it together.

I have mentioned that, I thought it was kind of obvious.

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2002, 09:30:09 PM
obvious that they are the same?? didn't qbi-wan say (not in so many words) that he knew who syfa dias was.

master syfa dias was killed about ten years ago??

Or am I on a different topic agian?? O_o

Jedi Master Carr
May 17th, 2002, 09:41:04 PM
not really I don't think they are the same person, I think Sidious/Palpatine used this dead Jedi's idenity. I am really curious who he is they said he died 10 years earlier that would be around the time of TPM, this could be something that gets revealed in EP 3. As far as Shimi, it still possible that Palpatine had something to do with it, he could have used a mind trick on them to do it, and then blame the Jedi in 3.