PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Given Names

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 16th, 2002, 10:41:49 PM
As we all know, Sith take on a "Sith" name to do battle under, and my Sith name is Dyzm *Shocked!*

I have tried thinking up a Given name, my birth name. I stumbled apon Rhinehart as the last name.
(Using it as the last name in Everquest when I was still playing)

And now, while searching through some web sites about the apocolypse, I found this name, Azrael, on of the 7 Arch Angels.
I said, AH-HA!!! And took the name.

I doubled checked... Going through the member list, I found someone had already taken the name. But had never posted. Even though the Azrael Account was created back in November.

So, I take the name as my own and now put it into my new sig.

(Edit: The Question) Does anyone have a reason not to take the name?

As soon as U can, can you move this to the help desk? I forgot all about it. My Bad.

Sejah Haversh
May 16th, 2002, 11:55:03 PM
Well, I like the name, but I also find it to be a bit cliche.

Azrael has been used by a lot of folk before in many ways, especcialy in commercial television and comic books. I've seen a TON of peole wanting evil or mal-intented characters use that name.

That, and it was also the name of Gargamel's cat in The Smurfs, and I can't help but think of that every time I hear it. It was also the name of a prominent character in the Batman comics, too.

Sage Hazzard
May 17th, 2002, 12:46:20 AM
True. Azreal filled in for Batman, while he was recovering from a broken back, given by Bane. Azreal was trained since bearth to be an unstoppable assasin. He's been "programed" to never stop while fighting an enemy, even on the brink of his own death. Which is why Batman, I believe, wasn't too happy with him. He wouldn't show mercy to his opponents, etc. Of course, I never read the comics but have read things about him on the internet and in Wizard magazine. :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 17th, 2002, 11:42:52 AM
Azrael is also another name for Death, I think ... or at least it is in Terry Pratchetts 'Discworld' books. It's a bit of a common/clichéd name.

By the way, nice pic in your sig.

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 17th, 2002, 05:00:09 PM
Well, It is just a thougt. Azrael is not really "evil" per say, for death is just a gateway, and Azrael was the angel of death, not killing the person, but guiding the soul to heaven or hell.

And I have to remake the image anyway, to many complained about the "blocky" Nature. I'll just shrink it and widen it, can change the name anyway.