PDA

View Full Version : Using masked spoiler text!!!

TheHolo.Net
May 16th, 2002, 08:40:36 PM
I have seen a couple people ask, so I'll go ahead and start a new topic for those who are relatively new to this forum with the release of another beloved Star Wars film and the onslaught of spoilers and topic full of spoilers being posted.

I do think and the actual forum moderators can correct me if I'm wrong, that if a topic title just includes the word "" in it, that spoilers in such a topic do not need to be masked. But if a topic has the text "[masked spoilers]" in the title, than it is probably best to use this custom vB Code tag that we have implemented here that you have probably seen others use.

Ignore the "PHP:" part of this example I am about to show you of how to use it.
[spoiler]Masked text goes hereFor the full instructions on how to use this vB Code and more please refer to this page:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode

Carry on and may the Force be with you. :)

TheHolo.Net
May 16th, 2002, 08:42:00 PM
Here is an example of what I showed earlier. Highlight the gray strip to read the text (is not a real spoiler).

Masked text goes here

Champion of the Force
May 17th, 2002, 02:51:06 AM
On a further note, when using the spoiler masking code with quotes be sure to place the spoiler masking code within the quote tags. Like this:

Masked text goes here

... which looks like this:

Spoiler text goes here and is masked over

NOT LIKE THIS:

Masked text goes here

... which looks like this:

Spoiler text that goes here SHOULD be masked, but isn't due to incorrect use of code

This problem has been highlighted in the past, however some people are still getting the 2 codes around the wrong way and causing this problem. If in doubt remember to Preview your posts beforehand to make sure the post comes out right. :)