PDA

View Full Version : The cloning process [masked spoilers]

darth_mcbain
May 16th, 2002, 04:56:19 PM
Two things I noticed about the clones thing, one funny, the other a bit more serious.

First, did anyone notice that when Jango entered Slave I taking off from Kamino, he knocked his head on the door? Looks like his clones picked up that habit as they're still doing it in ANH. :lol

On the more serious note, do any of you think there is anything more to the line Threepio says machines making machines - how perverse. It seems to me that that could be construed as a vieled statement of George Lucas' opinions on human cloning, as that is a hot topic nowadays. (I have no idea is GL is actually against it, but it seems to fit)

Phantom
May 16th, 2002, 05:28:26 PM
Well when CPO says that they aren't at the cloning facility, they were at the droid factory on Count Dooku's planet.

darth_mcbain
May 16th, 2002, 05:33:26 PM
You are completely right, Phantom. But I think that if George Lucas had done something like have Obi-Wan say he thought cloning was a perverse idea while touring the cloning facility, that would have been way too obvious. I just see a parallel, in that Threepio is a droid built with love by a human, and him saying "droids creating droids ... [is] perverse" seems to be a parallel for the human cloning and could imply GL's position on it.

Jedieb
May 16th, 2002, 08:20:42 PM
I just think it was a casual line of dialogue. After all, it was just a droid assembly line. Just how new and advanced can a robotic assembly line be? That entire 3PO sequence at the droid factory was hilarious. Some of the funniest, if not the funniest 3PO material we've seen in SW. That's one of the things I really liked about AOTC. R2 and 3PO were back to give us comic relief. I loved it!