PDA

View Full Version : Return of a TPM character [spoilers]

Jedi Master Carr
May 16th, 2002, 04:12:55 PM
Ok did everybody here Qui-Gon say "Anakin, no" when he killed the Tuskens? I know Yoda heard it and wouldn't say any more. My question is what does it mean? I think Qui-Gon might becoming back in Ep3 either to try to calm Anakin or help Yoda and Obi-Wan and maybe even teach them the disapearing trick.

ReaperFett
May 16th, 2002, 04:16:27 PM
I heard it :)

darth_mcbain
May 16th, 2002, 04:29:16 PM
I heard it, although I'm not sure what it means... Meditate, on this, I will...

Jedi Master Carr
May 16th, 2002, 07:46:34 PM
This thread is falling down so I will post to let people read it.

Jedieb
May 16th, 2002, 07:50:58 PM
It was clearly Qui-Gon's voice. Who knows what it could mean. Was Qui-Gon powerful enough to come back? His body didn't dissappear when he died like Ben and Yoda's did. But then again, we didn't see Anakin disappear and he returned at the end of ROTJ. So there may be more than one way to pull this trick off. I think EP3 will answer all these questions. Can you imagine what EP3 has in store for us?:rollin

Jedi Master Carr
May 16th, 2002, 07:54:19 PM
there could be several possibilities, I think Qui-gon will be in spirt form in Ep3 it would be a good way to explain the whole disapearing/reapearing thing, yoda did seem surprised by it I have to say that. I will have to read the book to see if it has new insight

Darth Lynch
May 16th, 2002, 08:14:50 PM
Yes it was Qui Gon.

Taken from the novel:

The diminutive Master's eyes popped open wide at the over-whelming strngth of that rage.

And then he heard a voice, a familiar voice, crying, "No,Anakin!No! Don't! No!".

It was Qui-Gon. Yoda knew that it was Qui-Gon. But Qui-Gon was dead, had become one with the force! One could not retain consciousness and sense of self in that state; one could not speak from beyond the grave.

But Yoda had heard the ghosly call, and in his deep meditatiive state, his thoughts focused as precisely as they had ever been, the Jedi Master knew that he had not been mistaken.

He wanted to focus on that, then, perhaps to try to follow that call back to the ghostly source, but he could not, over whelmed again by the surge of rage and pain and......power.

He made a noise and lurched forward, then came out of his trance as his door opened and Mace Windu rushed in.

"What is it?" Mace Asked

"Pain. Suffering. Death! I fear something terrible has happened. Young Skywalker is in pain. Terrible Pain."

He didn't tell Mace the rest of it, that somehow Anakin's rush of agony manifesting in the Force had tapped into the spirit of the dead Jedi Master who had discovered him. Too much was happening here.

That disembodied familiar voice hung profoundly in Yoda's thoughts. For if it was true, if he had heard what he was he had heard.......

Anakin, too, had heard the voice of Qui-Gon, imploring him to restain himself, to deny the rage. He hadn't recognized it, though, for he was too full of pain and anger. He spotted a Tusken woman to the side....."

And you know the rest:)

TheHolo.Net
May 16th, 2002, 08:23:59 PM
I think this will show. Skip the php part and just do what is shown after.
Masked text goes hereThere is a link to help with vB codes at the bottom of every page, including the reply window, and I added the spoiler tag to that page. :p

Darth Lynch
May 16th, 2002, 08:29:24 PM
Doh

Note to self next time 1.) look

2.) Do not add the letter s to the end of a word tag thus preventing it from working the first time around~_~

And thanks.

Jedi Master Carr
May 16th, 2002, 10:24:47 PM
Interesting I guess we will have to wait to Episode 3 though to find out what will happen with Qui-Gon I would like to see him come back in spirt form .

Jedi Master Leia Solo
May 17th, 2002, 11:46:53 AM
Yes..it was clearly Qui Gon ;)

Rumors (then again they are rumors) said he is contracted to appear. How?? I don't know! Voice.. ghost...etc etc.??? I was really hoping he was a spirit in EPII though. Here's hoping the rumors are correct for EPIII

Doc Milo
May 17th, 2002, 12:20:59 PM
It seems to me, especially after reading the excerpt above from the novelization, that this is the beginning of the explanation as to why Qui-Gon didn't disappear. It seems, from reading that novelization excerpt, that disappearing as a Jedi is not common -- it is the exception, not the rule. Using the words, in Yoda's POV, that it is impossible to retain a sense of identity after death, etc... in the novelization excerpt suggests to me that Qui-Gon might find a way back, and teach Yoda how to retain identity after death. Perhaps when the ability is taught to a living being, and is used by the living at death, it means the body disappears . . . or, perhaps only Qui-Gon's voice is able to come back to tell Yoda these things, and the ability taught then means that a ghostly spirit can come back... just speculation.

Interestingly enough, all that conjecture that because Qui-Gon didn't disappear because he didn't become one with the Force is contradicted . . . at least by the novelization, where Yoda outright thinks to himself that Qui-Gon was one with the Force...

ReaperFett
May 17th, 2002, 12:39:46 PM
A theory one person has said that I like is that Qui Gon was looking into the ghost technique, but didn't have it mastered, hence a "half way house". Yoda, having heard Qui, would look into this, and for some reason tells Obi

Jedieb
May 17th, 2002, 01:03:18 PM
If disappeaing and becoming one with Force requires a specific technique I think it will end up being an ancient one that only the most powerfull of Jedi can perform. How Qui-Gon fits into this I have no idea. Maybe all he can project is his voice because he wasn't strong enough to disappear the way Yoda and Obi-Wan did. Maybe the voice wasn't Qui-Gon actively trying to communicate, but a sort of echo of his presence. This will be one of the more interesting questions EP3 answers. But I think one thing is for certain, it wasn't simply a little Ben Burt sound trick. I think Lucas PURPOSELY used Qui-Gon's voice. The why will be revealed to us in EP3. I can't believe I'm already getting anxious for ANOTHER SW movie!

Doc Milo
May 17th, 2002, 02:05:51 PM
well, according to the novel excerpt above, Qui-Gon did become one with the Force, so disappearing is not necessary for that.

I think that Qui-Gon will be able to communicate from the grave only via voice, and this spurs Yoda to contemplate on how it can be done, and he discovers how to keep ones identity after death, a trick to be learned -- and this is why he and Obi-Wan disappear. Like I've said many times before -- I always thought people were asking the wrong question when they asked, "Why didn't Qui-Gon disappear?" I always thought Yoda and Obi-Wan were the exceptions, not the rule. And the question should have been "Why do Yoda and Obi-Wan disappear?"

Rama
May 17th, 2002, 03:14:34 PM
Maybe it happens cause of the Cirumstances......I mean, Luke has got no one after Ben dies....he still needs someone to guide him. It's more a tool for extreme circumstances. When the Dark side wells up in Anakin it's one of these extreme circumstances.

JMK
May 17th, 2002, 04:33:59 PM
Maybe Qui-Gon learned it from Dooku, but never mastered the disappearing act. It would be neat to think that Dooku discovered a trick so powerful that he kept it from Yoda, his master.

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2002, 08:09:57 PM
hear me now believe me later yoda was talking to qui-gon. qui-gon and yoda have both been keeping tabs on anikin.yoda knows!! what is about to happen.on an other note,you guy's did see obi-wan staring at qui-gons bust at the arcives??)I know you did Just had to show you I did :D

Jedi Master Carr
May 17th, 2002, 09:58:56 PM
I am still hoping that Qui-gon returns in spirt form, it would be cool, but if he at least talks to yoda that would be enough to me, maybe he is returning because the darkside is starting to overcome the light and the force sends his spirt back to show Yoda and Obi-Wan how to repear.

sirdizzy
May 17th, 2002, 10:17:06 PM
i was wondering about that, i noticed it but it made no sense to me

thanks guys for some shining some light for me

i think i will go see the movie a 4th time on sunday