PDA

View Full Version : Cali Invasion Reports

Pages : [1] 2

Live Wire
May 16th, 2002, 03:47:07 PM
Well I figured I'd start a thread for the cali people who were at the amc rolling hills 20 to report in once they all get a chance. They arrived at the theatre at 4am yesterday and were first in line by 15 minutes. I didnt arrive till 4pm because I had a final yesterday. But the time I spent in line was awesome. We were there in costume (yes there will be pictures) Lightsaber fights spontaneously broke out in all the lines. I was there in costume the whole time and I had people coming up to me and asking to take my picture or be in a picture with me. It was sooooo much fun.

I dont even know where to start. I was cold in the morning, hot in the afternoon, and cold in the evening. There was a guy in full storm trooper armor and everyone just had to have their picture taken with him. Lots of jedi not a whole lot of sith. It was a regular camp out with people listening to the radio and eating and playing star wars trivial pursuit. To be first in line and the envy of everyone else was amazing! I was sitting there going OMG Im the first one in line! The crowd was sooooo cool! We started cheering before the movie started. Once the star wars theme came up the crowd went nuts!

If you havent seen it! Go see it! Its amamzing! Forget waiting till crowds thin out! If its playing with you go see it! It makes episode one look like crap! If you love saber fights you're in heaven. Id say the last I think half our will leave you breathless. I felt completely drained as I left the theatre. I've been talking to everyone I know who's seen the film. I have to rant about it. Im in costume today at work/school and I love the looks I get. Im going again tonight at 8:30

Im sure I'll have more to say later. Im still in shock! But the cali invasion is going well. Its soo cool to be sitting next to people you've only seen over webcam or in pictures. I'll report in later.

Phantom
May 16th, 2002, 04:07:06 PM
I live in Cali and no one invited me, :( . I gotta see EP III somewhere different, no one save three people dressed up, up here. Though the crowd did go nuts when the movie started, it was great.

CMJ
May 16th, 2002, 05:39:18 PM
Hey Darth..I'm there with ya man. :) I wasn't invited either. I had fun at my showing nonetheless. ;)

Zartan Fett
May 17th, 2002, 12:00:24 AM
Hey everyone. I'm a frequent over at the Replica Props Forum, but first time here. I was the good old movie suit Stormtrooper at the AMC Rolling Hills 20 in Torrance, CA. I'm hoping those here that may have taken som pictures of me can pass some to me as well. I am willing to purchase them if needed. This was my first public appearance in the suit so I hope I fared well.

ZF

Live Wire
May 17th, 2002, 01:02:20 AM
hey its the resident stormie!!!! You rock dude! Your first public appearance went really well! What would a star wars showing have been without a storm trooper. btw Im the one you saw again today in the line and I gave you my email and I have your email and number.

and as for the rest of you Ca people we invited everyone and no one ever asked where we were gonna be to meet up with us. We've been talking about the cali invasion for months!

there were a lot of people dressed up or in their own idea of a sw outfit. Lots of lightsaber. Lots of hype. It was a great experience. I'd see episode three there too. Unless I find someplace better.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 17th, 2002, 01:14:58 AM
I think, for EP3, Seattle is the place to be!!!!

And here is my argument why:

I passed by the AMC Cinerama yesterday afternoon; now, the Cinerama is an enormous one-screen theatre; 68-foot wide screen and digital. Next to it is a nice big parking lot.

When I passed by the parking lot, I was met with a gathering of The Fans; Jedi, Sith, bounty hunters, you name it. There was music, games, lightsabre battles, newscrews, and the works there; there was a regular galactic shindig goin' on, and I must admit I was a little jealous of those people.

Regardless of where the next invasion is going to be however, I will be there, mark my words.

Zartan Fett
May 17th, 2002, 01:15:24 AM
Hey it was nice to meet you Live Wire. I had a great time in the costume the other night. I felt like a celebrity :lol

If the one dressed as Padme is a member here, please ask her if she can forward me any photos. Her costume was "Most impressive..."

I was still missing a few pieces to the costume, but I think no one noticed too much :)

Well I'm in Torrance, so if anyone wants a photo shoot or anything LMK. I'm working on a few other costumes and can help others in need. I'm also a huge SW toy collector and I run a part-time(aside from my full time job) toy company. I get my toys at wholesale and I sell to most people in the area. I can't match most stoe prices, but I do get stuff first.

That's it

ZF

Live Wire
May 17th, 2002, 01:29:52 AM
Yeah the girl who was dressed as padme was Ali and she posts under the name AZDaizy. If you were missing costume pieces no one noticed.

What other costumes are you working on?

Zartan Fett
May 17th, 2002, 01:40:06 AM
Well almost two years ago I got into the whole replica prop world because I wanted a Boba Fett costume. I ended up finishing it about a year ago and then I sold it to take on Jango. I started on Jango(which is similar to Boba's but there are far too many differences to mention) and I ended up scrapping that. The pistols were going to run $500 each. I hung the towel after that and sold the armor and helmet. I didn't get any further. I still wear a pair of boots by Kenneth Cole that have the same sole as the boots he actually wore by Kenneth Cole. I have a nother pair from another brand with the same sole also. I kept those.

So then I decided to do the Stormtrooper ROTJ version because I could get a dead on accurate suit which didn't need much maintenance or battle damage. Boba was one pain in the @$$ to get right.

I'm working on a Sidious cloak for my friend. I want an Anakin costume and I'm working on a Clonetrooper and maybe a Biker Scout. But first I'm doing a Sandtrooper.

If anyone needs costume help, LMK. I can help you myself or point you in the right direction. A lot of the stuff has been identified as "real world" items such as Luke's and Vader's lightsabers from ANH.

ZF

AZDaizy
May 17th, 2002, 01:48:00 AM
LoL, hello Stormie guy!

Yes, I was Padme. And yes, I can forward you pictures! I still have 7 more pics to take on the camera, but as soon as I get the pictures developed I can get some to you.

Oh my gosh! It was soooooooooo fun! I've never been treated like a celebrity before. It was funny how I started automatically responding to Amidala. But now I think I have post-Star Wars depression syndrome...sounds funny but I'm a little sad that the waiting is over...oh well...

Live Wire
May 17th, 2002, 01:49:20 AM
I've always wanted to make my own saber.

oh you shouldnt have sold the boba fett costume!!! I would have loved to see that!

I agree with you ali....Im sad the anticipation was over. The line was so fun. I loved having random people come up to me and saying hey can I take your pic.

AZDaizy
May 17th, 2002, 01:52:52 AM
How much did you get for the Boba costume? Mwahaha...

Zartan Fett
May 17th, 2002, 02:01:10 AM
I had a lot of fun. You guys made it fun as well. I wish I could of worn my suit all day but I can't sit, I can barely walk, and under the armor is just a liatard.

You guys really made me feel better about coming out there.

Just remember, there's one more movie to go. Like I said if you guys need help with costumes LMK. I can't sew but I can help with accurate tips here and there such as the correct fabric or materials you may need.

You guys should go to Mann Chinese tomorrow. I went the Friday after TPM came out and I met Rick McCullum on my way to my car. I was so excited!

Thanks guys!

Zartan Fett
May 17th, 2002, 02:02:52 AM
I sold the Boba costume in pieces. I put like 6 months into that suit so I guess I got a little for my hard work. I was so pruod of that. Much harder than the Stormtrooper. I think I'm going to cry....

Live Wire
May 17th, 2002, 02:04:28 AM
what time are you going to mann's?

I'll be thinking about my episode three costume in about a month or so. I like to plan early. Im so pumped for episode three even though I haven't gotten over episode two. Of course if we have another swfans gathering I may just go as Live Wire again since my online peeps know who that is. Of course if we get an ultra cool evil female character in episode three that could change.

aww don't cry! No crying during star wars week unless its crying for joy.

Zartan Fett
May 17th, 2002, 02:08:01 AM
I'm going to the 7:30 show tomorrow(or today?). Its wild over there.

There are some really cool female Sith ideas in the Art of AOTC book. Crazy stuff. You might want to check it out.

I'm off to bed. I'll keep in touch though.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Stormtrooper?

Yeah I know I'm a dork :lol

Zartan Fett
May 17th, 2002, 02:09:24 AM
Hey come on, you had to fell something when Shmi died. I felt it coming on :)

I was balling when Boba picked up Jango's head. See there I go again :(

Live Wire
May 17th, 2002, 02:16:21 AM
Yeah I was sad when shmi died. And yeah I did feel bad for young boba. Despite what people around here say Im not a cold heartless bitch all of the time!

damn I wont be able to go....I have to teach class from 5 to 7 tomorrow and I'd never make it in time. *pouts*

Oooh I'll have to take a look at that book. I've always said there should be evil female characters in star wars. Though Im glad we finally did get female jedi in action this time around.

Night Mr Stormie man! Nice to have you around here! And we needed a friendly neighborhood stormtrooper. You can protect me from all the other wacko's here.

AZDaizy
May 17th, 2002, 02:18:35 AM
I didn't cry when the "Lucasfilm" logo came on...like I did for TPM. I was quite proud of myself. But I cried today because I want to wear my costume again and I don't think I really can! lol...

I'd love to go to Mann's...but I don't think I can...now I'm gonna cry more...:(

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 17th, 2002, 02:23:22 AM
Here here, to our new resident Galactic Rent-a-Trooper!!!!!

I'm s'Il. Nice to meet ya :D

CMJ
May 17th, 2002, 08:45:07 AM
Live Wire...I traded a few PM's with a couple of RPG people...but they never called like they promised. It's coolio though...I had a grand time at my showing.

Zartan Fett
May 17th, 2002, 03:37:34 PM
Well guys, I'm off to Mann Chinese here in a few.

Anyone down for another screening at AMC Rolling Hills tomorrow around 4 or 5? It will be my fourth :)

I don't think I'll be in costume again though. I was so nervous before.

ZF

Live Wire
May 17th, 2002, 04:18:54 PM
I didn't know CMJ! :( I would have called.

Damn I wish I could go to manns. I hate work. And I wont be in town at all tomorrow. I may go back to the amc rolling hills on sunday though. Or if Im bored, tonight. :)

AZDaizy
May 17th, 2002, 07:51:43 PM
I just saw AOTC for a second time at Regal cinemas in Palos Verdes...I will never go back there again! It is a place full of scum and villainy...well not really, but there are cell phones and tweens galore! They laughed when Shmi died :(

I want to wear my costume again...but I don't feel right when I'm not in front of hard core fans...hehe...

CMJ
May 17th, 2002, 08:55:40 PM
I'm considering going to the Vista(my favorite theatre in LA) tommorrow to see it again(with my bro this time). It really depends if he's able to...he might ditch me and go with his woman. :)

AZDaizy
May 17th, 2002, 10:08:51 PM
I'd go with you Zartan...but I have a soccer tournament :(

And why are you nervous wearing your costume?! You looked great!

Zartan Fett
May 18th, 2002, 12:48:06 AM
AZDaizy,

I'm going tomorrow at 4:30. I was thinking about going later for the kids and stuff. We'll see.

All that clanking you heard was my knees shaking :lol
I was scared. Really I was :)

When I sat in line reading I just smiled to see you guys so into the films. You don't hear many females talk let alone dress up.

Live Wire, I would be down for Sunday, but I have a Hockey Game at 9:00 AM and then again at 7:30 PM. Don't think I can stay awake. You guys should see my goalie mask. its painted like Darth Maul's face.

I'll chat with you all later.

P.S. Grauman's was awesome. The Digital Projection was so clear and you see a much bigger picture. I saw all 3 Falcons this time instead of the 1 at AMC. You guys have to do the DLP.

Live Wire
May 18th, 2002, 01:14:18 AM
Well with that mask on no one could tell you were nervous. "The storm troopers not smiling!" *hee hee* And yes we chicks who dress up and are obessive about star wars rock!!!

Im gonna be gone until tomorrow evening. Anyone wanna hook up around 7 or 8 tomorrow for a viewing? (figured out I can be back early)

ooh take a pic of your goalie mask! thats so cool!

Damn now I have to go to manns chinese....*sighs* where will I find the time for all of this.

JonathanLB
May 18th, 2002, 02:14:59 AM
Ok I have to ask... Is Live Wire as hot as the picture in her Avatar?!

hehe, j/k ;)

Live Wire
May 18th, 2002, 02:26:49 AM
lol!!!!!

I'll answer that one to save the guys the trouble. no But I look pretty good with a lightsaber and a blaster strapped to my hip. :D j/k

JonathanLB
May 18th, 2002, 02:42:52 AM
Yes, and anyway, there is something very cool about a Star Wars chick :)

I don't think I could be with a girl who hated Star Wars, it would just not work. I realize that personal relationships are more important than anything else and whatnot, but it would offend me if she actually HATED the saga, I just don't think I could deal, she'd have to change. I don't mind if a girl is totally neutral or doesn't care about the films much, so long as she is ok with me liking them, then it's all good. I mean, even Liz D. (a friend of mine) isn't a fan of the films at all but she is cool about it, she doesn't think I'm a dork for it, lol. But I'm sure she thinks I'm a dork for OTHER reasons, haha.

There were actually some hot girls at the SW Celebration, which I found kind of weird, haha. I didn't expect to see any and there were a few who were quite good looking.

I still can't get over that girl at the theater I go to, man oh man. Perfect 10. Kira is her name, apparently, and I see her each time I go. *drools*...

Shawn
May 18th, 2002, 06:02:07 AM
Zartan: I was the guy in the full length jacket that asked you to pose for the Force Lightning shot. :) It'll definitely get posted ASAP.
There were actually some hot girls at the SW Celebration, which I found kind of weirdYou obviously don't pay attention much, then - we have quite a few good looking women right here at SWFans. :D

AZDaizy
May 18th, 2002, 10:31:41 AM
http://shekinahgirl.tripod.com/LittleAvalon/id6.html

Here's my friend's Alexis's page...she was Barriss Offee...however you spell it. I'm Padme...of course. I'm on page 2...hehe.

I didn't really ask her permission to poste this...but oh well :evil

Zartan Fett
May 18th, 2002, 11:42:45 AM
JonathanLB,

Though Star Wars is an important part of some of our lives, you could be missing out on some special people even though they feel the way they do about Star Wars. Like Yoda says "Clear your mind..." and be who you are.

I do admit I have met some women here that even brought my attention to this board, who has a love for Star Wars that rivals my own. Great fans, but good people as well. Never change or expect someone else to change because of anyone's beliefs.

IMO any woman that loves Star Wars is great. Whether they are hot or not. Its a different feeling for me. New and strange, yet wonderful. To all those I met that night (well I was behind a mask) I applaud you. You would make Uncle George proud:)

ZF

JonathanLB
May 19th, 2002, 03:43:29 AM
I would not be with any girl who couldn't respect my love for the saga because that would clearly spell disaster in other areas. Perhaps if she wasn't into basketball, she'd be giving me a hard time about spending time watching playoff games too, and I cannot have someone questioning the things that make life fun and interesting.

I'm not saying a girl must like Star Wars for me to like her, certainly not, that is rarely true of the girls I have liked, no doubt, but they at least are cool about it. They think it's pretty impressive, actually, my collection, my fandom, etc. I would instantly assume, and be right to assume, that any girl who dismisses all Star Wars fans as geeks must be pretty judgmental and quick to stereotype groups of people different from herself...

I agree that any girl who likes SW is pretty darn cool, hehe, but... this is a SW thread, not a thread for the discussion of my opinion of what a girl must have for me to like her, hehe. Anyway, though, I would want a girl who is good looking, not necessarily hot, just good looking, smart, and really fun to be around. Those are my requirements. I'd rather be alone than settle for someone who I didn't feel was like that, though. I know people like that exist and I've met many of them. I obviously know that people are not perfect, but if a person isn't fairly smart, it'd be tough to get along with them, for sure, and if they don't have a great personality I also cannot see it working. If they're not attractive, though, it WON'T work. Plain and simple. That is what I look for in my GUY friends: personality and intelligence. If I want a girl, I want looks too. I think that is pretty obvious, not sure why some people think it's a big deal.

AZDaizy
May 19th, 2002, 09:47:44 AM
Uhm...is this a dating thread now? lol...;)

I'm 5'6, enjoy walks on the beach and playing with my puppy Foofoo...

CMJ
May 19th, 2002, 11:24:12 AM
LOL...the long walks on the beach thing was great. ;)

I'll throw in reading poetry....:)

*Somebody else come up with something stereotypically romantic* ;)

Zartan Fett
May 19th, 2002, 11:54:40 AM
I'm 6' 1 , 215 lbs. I dress in all white armor with a permanent frown on my face. You might have seen me. I 'm the guy with the gun :lol

Sorry guys I didn't mean to OT this thread.

Live Wire
May 20th, 2002, 12:36:35 AM
lol hmmmm I ike the stormie's profile!

ZF, any thread Im in seems to go off topic fairly quickly. Im surprised this one lasted as long as it did.

Im an evil sith chick who enjoys electrocuting men for fun. *hee hee*

HunterJodoKast
May 20th, 2002, 02:15:51 AM
I checked out the site AZ posted and am thoroughly impressed the costumes... you two really put some work into it. Both of you gals are very attractive too. Wow! Unfortunately I missed the 12am opening of EP.2 and my job did not permit me to go out to Mann's Chinese Theatre. So I missed all the festivities.

Keep the pics coming... I want to see what I missed, eh!

JonathanLB
May 20th, 2002, 04:47:29 AM
"Im an evil sith chick who enjoys electrocuting men for fun. *hee hee*"

Ouch, well as Austin Powers would say, I hope there is a search involved! lol :)

AZDaizy
May 20th, 2002, 08:25:34 AM
:blush You're too kind! It was a blast...

:: smacks LiveWire to keep her in line :: :D

Quay Desada
May 20th, 2002, 12:11:15 PM
Kind?.... well we will see ya in the RP grounds... muahahahaha ... j/k ;)

aka DJK

Live Wire
May 20th, 2002, 12:56:11 PM
lol@jon

*taps ali on the shoulder*

:shootin

take that! No one can keep me in line! You should have realized that after seeing me in action on wed.

AZDaizy
May 20th, 2002, 03:17:57 PM
:: cries :: I try to be nice and look what I get! Oh well....

And yes LiveWire, you're pretty good with a lightsaber...but I'm better at running away! ;)

Live Wire
May 20th, 2002, 03:27:35 PM
lol you were doing that all day too. The only time you weren't running was when we were taking pics. You cowardly padme you!!!

AZDaizy
May 20th, 2002, 07:02:40 PM
You'd run away too if you had Charley and Shawn after you :P

Live Wire
May 20th, 2002, 07:06:00 PM
lol! Why do you think I always had a lightsaber on me???

Zartan Fett
May 20th, 2002, 10:03:09 PM
Originally posted by Live Wire
lol hmmmm I ike the stormie's profile!

ZF, any thread Im in seems to go off topic fairly quickly. Im surprised this one lasted as long as it did.

Im an evil sith chick who enjoys electrocuting men for fun. *hee hee*

Live Wire, good thing I kept my helmet on then huh :lol Wait, you saw me the next night. Never mind.

I had so much fun, I wish we could all do something like this again, and not wait 3 years. My last additions to my Stormtrooper will be complete soon. They I'll look and sound like a menacing white armor clad warrior of the Empire. Yeah the same guys that can't shoot straight and are runover by Ewoks. We troopers live a hard life.

There definately were some attractive women there. Since we are way OT already I won't say who they were...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 20th, 2002, 10:25:55 PM
Whenever I see the name Quay Desada, it makes me want to call you Quesadilla.

AZDaizy
May 20th, 2002, 10:57:22 PM
And so the off topicness continues...lol

Me too S'il!

And you boys weren't bad lookin' either ;)

Shawn
May 20th, 2002, 10:58:52 PM
(ego swells) :D

Quay Desada
May 20th, 2002, 11:01:08 PM
OH MY GOD... rofl... you have maimed my nic... thanks.... darn it...

Yo quero Taco Bell!

LOL!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 20th, 2002, 11:12:05 PM
Hey Quesadilla

I gots yer new avatar right here! :D

http://www.everwonder.com/david/tacobell/gallery/2.jpg

Quay Desada
May 20th, 2002, 11:39:40 PM
ROFL!!!!

Zartan Fett
May 20th, 2002, 11:45:39 PM
Originally posted by AZDaizy
And you boys weren't bad lookin' either ;)

I know that you don't mean me. I was so shiny:D

AZDaizy
May 20th, 2002, 11:50:18 PM
Yeah, smooth white armor can do that to a person ;) But you know that costume is a lady killer :lol

Live Wire
May 20th, 2002, 11:52:47 PM
lol!!!! Yeah we women just swoon over a man in white armor don't we ali?

Well people on this board disprove the theory that star wars fans are all ugly friendless nerds who never see the sun.

Zartan Fett
May 20th, 2002, 11:59:23 PM
Live wire/AZDaizy,

Don't be fooled by my sleek armored shell. The question is do you remember me out of the trooper suit? Can you see past the Empire to see the real me? Maybe I just look like Jango Fett...

Zartan Fett
May 21st, 2002, 12:01:28 AM
Yeah, smooth white armor can do that to a person ;) But you know that costume is a lady killer :lol

So it wasn't the skin tight Lycra bodysuit then huh? Oh well:(

Live Wire
May 21st, 2002, 12:04:03 AM
lol well Im the only one here who has seen the man behind the mask. Keep the mask on next time! j/k

You should have taken your mask off at the midnight showing so we could have all seen what you looked like.

The body suit did you no good cause all that pesky armor was over it! :p

I must say you freaked me out when you walked up to me cause you came over and just stood there like you knew me and I was trying to figure out who you were. Finally when you told me you were the stormie I was like OOOOHHH no wonder I dont recognize you. You look taller out of the suit. (theres got to be a star wars joke in there somewhere)

Zartan Fett
May 21st, 2002, 12:07:25 AM
Next time I see you guys, I'll be the one with just the helmet on only:(

AZDaizy
May 21st, 2002, 12:08:12 AM
Haha...I think it's the whole ensemble :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 21st, 2002, 12:08:30 AM
<-------is a sucker for a man in a top military brass uniform

AZDaizy
May 21st, 2002, 12:10:45 AM
I know what Zartan looks like...he was the man behind us in line that we kept poking with the umbrella! I felt so sorry for him, my whole group was loud (including me), and I swear we were annoying everyone around us. We were just excited :(

Live Wire
May 21st, 2002, 12:11:10 AM
Originally posted by Zartan Fett
Next time I see you guys, I'll be the one with just the helmet on only:(

You promise???? :D ;) :angel

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 21st, 2002, 12:12:28 AM
I am so coming to visit for ep3.

Zartan Fett
May 21st, 2002, 12:14:58 AM

You promise???? :D ;) :angel

Well I'd hate to be mistaken for a Geonosian or something.

AZDaizy
May 21st, 2002, 12:15:44 AM
LoL, Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire...man that's hard to type three times. I finally saw the Art of Episode II today...I saw that Zartan was looking at it in line, but I was afraid to ask him to see it...cause I thought he was mad at us...hee hee...

Live Wire
May 21st, 2002, 12:18:00 AM
oooh so many places I could go with that......naw too easy. :D

naw when you walked up I was actually thinking who is this extremely attractive young man and why is he towering over me?

Really thats what I was thinking!! *hee hee*

Oooh how is the book ali???? Well you can't have annoyed him too much. He's posting here.

AZDaizy
May 21st, 2002, 12:20:46 AM
I like it a lot...I loooooove the sketches of Padme...I used to want to be a costume designer and I just love this stuff :D

Zartan Fett
May 21st, 2002, 12:22:11 AM
Hey Live Wire, Sorry I logged off so quick.

AZDaizy,

I was not mad. I figured you guys were mad about the ticket thing. Its all just a mess isn't it? Well it worked out ok I think;)

AZDaizy
May 21st, 2002, 12:24:12 AM
lol, right you are. But you can't blame me for thinking you'd be mad...I don't know how happy I'd be if I kept being poked by an umbrella...hee hee...

Hey! I also finally got my first toys! HAHAHA...I got Padme, Anakin, and Obi of course.

Live Wire
May 21st, 2002, 12:27:20 AM
Darn you mean I didnt scare you away? I must be losing my touch.

action figures!!! Im so happy I can finally open mine and read the back. wooohoo!

Zartan Fett
May 21st, 2002, 12:33:21 AM
Hey no one scares away a Stormtrooper. Grrrrr:mad

I have all the action figures. I have 20 Clonetroopers in a battle scene along with two red sgts leading them. Then I have the Jedi in a circle fending off... Well nothing yet. Just a couple of battle droids and super battle droids. Damn I love toys!

AZDaizy
May 21st, 2002, 12:35:39 AM
Damn...now that's a devoted collector. I have all the TPM toys still in their boxes...hee hee...but I didn't get so enthusiastic this time around :(

Live Wire
May 21st, 2002, 12:36:32 AM
toys....my one weakness. *sighs* Im so jealous. Im out of room. I went crazy after episode one and Im no longer allowed to shop for toys like I once was. I used to go to TRU or kaybee when they were on sale and just start throwing things into a cart. ahhh the good old days.

Trust me mr stormie I could give ya a good scare. Hey ali just informed me that you're the one from the ticket line who told us that we could get them by card at the ABO. lol I didnt even realize it was you!!

JonathanLB
May 21st, 2002, 02:42:09 AM
I have to get to reading my Art of Episode II book, plus the cross sections, plus the visual dictionary, and of course the novelization. All of those should improve the experience of seeing AOTC in theaters. Not to suggest that AOTC is not complete in and of itself, but you always learn more the more you read, which is true of anything, and plus I've learned a lot just from reading forums and discussing the movie.

It's early yet, though, only seen it 8 times :D

Live Wire
May 21st, 2002, 12:53:51 PM
I bought the episode 1 novelization after the movie came out and I still havent read it. For some reason I kept reading the first chapter and couldnt continue. But with AOTC I have to have the novel. I have to read it!!!!! I think that summs up how great I think aotc is. And Im definately going to get t hat art of episode 2 book. Maybe I'll get some ideas for my episode three costume.

4 Theatrical Viewings and counting.

Hey jon I saw your statement on how star wars changed your life on E! online. Pretty cool. I was like hey I know that guy. I think its awesome how many big name stars out there are star wars geeks. People make fun of the average star wars geek but probably have no idea that some of the people they think are "cool" are just as nerdy as the rest of us.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2002, 05:24:30 PM
I'm back from CA!

I was the chick without a costume, but the freaky eye makeup. (Look at my avatar, and all will become clear. ;))

I had a blast! Zartan, your costume was excellent! And AZDaisy yours was too, but I've already said that like 400 times. :D :)

I've seen the movie twice (both on opening day
!) Hopefully will see it again this week. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 21st, 2002, 06:03:37 PM
Hey LD, come up to Seattle, and we can go to the Cinerama :D

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2002, 07:06:31 PM
OOOoooooooohh...tempting, very tempting! :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 21st, 2002, 07:15:12 PM
If you do decide to come up, gimme a few weeks; I'm starting my new job at the Greenhouse Pub and Cafe tomorrow morning, and I wanna make some money so we can go to Floyds and play pool, raid Bellevue Square and Southcenter mall for toys, and have a grand old time :D

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2002, 07:19:44 PM
OOOhhh tempted MORE!

Okay, let me know. We'll make plans. Have your people call my people. Or...just PM me. :D

Zartan Fett
May 21st, 2002, 11:20:42 PM
Sil,

Are you part of the collector's club up there? I know a few people up that way, in fact I grew up on Whidbey Island.

Live Wire, so since you remember me from the ticket line, were you guys even a little upset that I told you about the tickets?

Now about the toys. I went to the midnight madness at TRU in 99 from 4:00 PM on. I was first in line and got in the Daily Breeze. I was there this time third in line from 4:30. Big dissappointment since I had everything there over a month before:(

I love the toys and always will. Toys, Star Wars and hockey is all I need. Well...

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2002, 11:27:54 PM
I own my very first SW toy now. LW gave it to me. And then my shampoo exploded, so the box is all messed up. GRRR!

Live Wire
May 21st, 2002, 11:31:36 PM
lol dont finish that sentence.

I wasn't mad that you told us about the tickets. I was kind of glad cause it gave me time to get done all of my pesky errands. But I was torn because I felt like I was cheating. Here I was doing the ticket line waiting thing like a good little star wars fan. But then I realized if everyone does that I might not get into the first theatre that they open and said screw it. lol. So no I wasnt really upset....more upset that I didnt know about it earlier. *glares at Tine* I know I seemed pissed when you told us huh?

imported_QuiGonJ
May 22nd, 2002, 03:55:40 PM
CMJ, what are you talking about? Jinn asked you if you would join Gasgano, me and the 20 other friends of mine who went to see it at Burbank. I was told you thought Burbank, which is about 10 minutes from Hollywood, was too far away. But, dude, you'd have been more than welcome.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 22nd, 2002, 05:02:25 PM
ZF,

Unfortunately, I'm not in any collector clubs up here; I prolly should be though, lol. Hook me up, dude :lol

So Whidbey, eh? I haven't been to any of the islands since I've been here; I stay pretty much in the Seattle area, though I go to Issaquah every now and then.

I do have a really nice view of Bainbridge from my balcony :D

CMJ
May 22nd, 2002, 07:30:16 PM
QuiGonJ..I wasn't speaking of Jinn... A pair of sisters and I traded PM's. I believe Leia10(can't remember the rest of the handle) and LadyVader. Leia said something about her sister calling..which didn't happen. Then I spoke briefly with LV on IM a few days before the opening and was like "What happened". She had lost the number...no big deal. At that point I didn't think I would be able to go to the screening they were attending, because I was SUPPOSED to work on set and hadn't asked off because I didn't think i would go, but I weasled my way out. At that point it was pretty late in the game(like a day or 2 before) so I just took in my own screening. Besides...Burbank is more than 10 minutes away when you have no car my friend(like myself...sold my grey baby before I moved here).

Lilaena De'Ville
May 22nd, 2002, 09:06:55 PM
Aw! Yeah I know they invited you, sorry it didn't end up working out. (Its Leia1031) Next time! :D

imported_QuiGonJ
May 22nd, 2002, 09:50:30 PM
I know what it's like to not have a car, but then how would you have gotten to Rolling Hills?

and btw, metrolink had a station nearby in Burbank. :)

Zartan Fett
May 22nd, 2002, 11:28:37 PM
Sil,

I'm sure you know Gus Lopez. He up until recently was a member. One of my friends is best friends with Gus, also a member. No big deal. Gus is a character and a big name in the Star Wars collecting community.Then there is Mr. Sansweet, but he's a Californian. He's just a whole story on his own...

There I go with the OT.

Well boys and girls in SoCal. San Diego Comicon is coming soon and I'll be there in costume. I thought about doing something razy here in the South Bay and just like walk around the mall or something. I'd hate for this Stormtrooper suit to gather dust :)

Anyone up for another screening this Saturday? AMC Rolling Hills?Graumans Mann? At my house? Well my copy isn't the best.

Also for anyone that is interested, I'm moving my addition to a thread from the RPF(Replica Props Forum) over here with my EP3 speculation. I have been throwing out all the possibilities and come up with what makes sense the most to me. I also have some unanswered EP2 questions. Continuity is becoming an issue I think.

Live Wire
May 22nd, 2002, 11:37:17 PM
yeah Im up for a screening saturday. I vote for rolling hills or your house lol. I had planned to see it this sat either at rolling hills or downtown disney. If we all meet up sat we should do the costume thing. just to get wierd looks.

Charley
May 22nd, 2002, 11:55:32 PM
Howdy stormie dude,

I was the Tyler Durden -ish guy with Jango Fett blasters.

Woo.

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 12:52:06 AM
he was the guy the rest of us were either running from or wacking with sabers. *hee hee*

*wacks loungie with her lightsaber*

ReaperFett
May 23rd, 2002, 05:50:26 AM
You weren't in the same queue as Elijah Wood and Sean Astin were you? Im sure it's the same state, but I think it's another cinema

Charley
May 23rd, 2002, 11:34:17 AM
LW, I shot you 12 times before you even thought about hitting me. The force is not with you :)

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 11:35:22 AM
it wasnt 12 times. Besides holly seemed to have the best idea....just ignore you and hope you went away. Once the sun went down I started fighting back.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 23rd, 2002, 02:04:43 PM
Elijah Wood and Sean Astin were in a LINE in CA?!

Why o WHY weren't we at that theatre?!?!?! :(

ReaperFett
May 23rd, 2002, 04:50:33 PM
Because you were at another :)

AZDaizy
May 23rd, 2002, 07:06:30 PM
You're a wily one Fett...:)

ReaperFett
May 23rd, 2002, 07:09:47 PM
I'm the brains of this operation :)

Lady Vader
May 23rd, 2002, 07:26:40 PM
i'M GOING THROUGH POST SW-PARTY SYNDROM! IT'S SO DEPRESSING!!

Hi Mister Resident Stormie!! I was the chick in the skin-tight, leathery-lookin costume with the bad-ass double-bladed lightsaber! :D

OMG! That day was so freakin fun! I want to do that again! I so wanna just dress up again and go see the movie at some late night showing again! Again! Again!

I say we just gather all Cali ppl from around here and dress up and go see a late showing at the Mann's Chinese just for the heck of it! Hell, we could even go on the 25th which happens to be the 25th Anniversary of SW!!

AUGH!!!! NEED MORE SW PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crack :crack :crack

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2002, 07:31:33 PM
Just because a watery tart threw a sword at you, doesn't give you the right to be the brains of this operation :D

ReaperFett
May 23rd, 2002, 07:36:06 PM
No. My brain does :)

Lady Vader
May 23rd, 2002, 07:38:17 PM
*Pops his brain with a claw.*

ReaperFett
May 23rd, 2002, 07:41:02 PM
:(

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2002, 07:41:57 PM
O_o

Zartan Fett
May 23rd, 2002, 09:03:23 PM
Lady Vader,

I don't remember you :(

Then again I can't really see out of my helmet. I only remember a handful of you.

It was cool to change out of the costume and no one knew it was me. Even though I was wearing my Got Armo? t-shirt. I felt like Clark Kent or something. Or maybe Darth Sidious.

I'm off to E3 tomorrow morning to check out the new SW stuff. Anyone going to play Star Wars Galaxies? We all should. We will actually be in our own vitual universe. We can have our own SoCal city. Anyway its going to rock. Oh by the way I just got my Rubies catalog for the Star Wars costumes and masks. They now have the full license now that Don Post is no more. If anyone needs anything LMK. The Cargo Hold is the name of my company. Cool huh?

OK. I really don't know what OT means huh?:huh

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 09:11:16 PM
OT either means off topic or originally trillogy if you're talking about star wars.

well seeing as this sat is the 25th who's up for a costume invasion of the movie theatre?

Zartan Fett
May 23rd, 2002, 09:27:01 PM
OT either means off topic or originally trillogy if you're talking about star wars.

I meant that I keep going off topic and it was kind of a poor attempt to be comedic. HEHE

AZDaizy
May 23rd, 2002, 09:27:56 PM
Don't worry ZF...they never understand when I'm joking either :(

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 09:32:54 PM
lol oh....sorry a lot of jokes dont translate well in type. You miss the wonderful depth a sarcastic voice adds to it.

so as for costume invasion on sat.....am I the only one up for this?

Zartan Fett
May 23rd, 2002, 09:34:55 PM
Don't worry ZF...they never understand when I'm joking either :(

I can't believe how hard it is to be a loser in here. Am I not trying hard enough? It must be my costume.

That was a little funny wasn't it? Hey I think my forum pick is going to be me with my Stormtrooper helmet on and nothing else.

AZDaizy
May 23rd, 2002, 09:34:56 PM
I caaaaaan't! I hate you! I want to go! :: walks around the house and whines and pouts ::

Zartan Fett
May 23rd, 2002, 09:38:09 PM
Oh by the way. I have one extra ticket for E3 if anyone wants it. Tomorrow is the last day from 9-4.

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 09:39:31 PM
lol here we're all equally nerdy so being a loser among star wars nerds is really really hard.

well you'll get the award for the most unusual signature/avatar.

Well Ali you should know better to make plans for the 25th anniversary of star wars!! shame on you.

well so far looks like I'll be all alone in costume.

Zartan Fett
May 23rd, 2002, 09:47:24 PM
I'm not so sure about a daylight appearance in the Stormtrooper suit. I'm a little scared. I'm still not done with the butt cannister in the back. It helps hide the elastic belt. And I really want to get the voice amp in there for the full affect. I don't want you guys to think I use this costume to pick up women or get attention :)

Nupraptor
May 23rd, 2002, 09:52:40 PM
Oh by the way. I have one extra ticket for E3 if anyone wants itThere are words to describe what I'm feeling right now. Unfortunately, they would all be censored. Suffice it to say that I'm jealous.

Morgan Evanar
May 23rd, 2002, 09:54:58 PM
-DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-

I said it, but it was censored.

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 09:57:59 PM
lol!!!! Oh come on...be brave...put on the stormie suit!!!

You mean you dont wear the suit for attention? *gasps*

So does the costume help you pick up women? My costume sure helped me pick up on some hot college guys. *hee hee*

extra E3 ticket???? OMG I wanna go. But I dont think I can. *is jealous too*

AZDaizy
May 23rd, 2002, 10:01:07 PM
Do you want to know something disturbing?

:X Nevermind...it's better left unsaid ;)

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 10:02:26 PM
oooh I wanna know!!!

AZDaizy
May 23rd, 2002, 10:05:18 PM
:: whispers to LW :: Mwahahaha...
:angel

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 10:08:25 PM
hahahhaaaa!!! Damn you! Im corrupted now! Oh the temptation......my fragile little mind.

How deliciously evil......*handcuffs her hands together*

okay Im better now. :angel

Zartan Fett
May 23rd, 2002, 10:11:19 PM
AZdaizy, I want to know. Pretty please?

Live Wire, Well it was the first time I ever put it on in public and the second time ever at all! I didn't expect the reaction I got!
I went to the other two lines on the other side(who were boring since none had costumes) and I got felt up by two women who wanted pictures with me. Talk about nuts! I told them to be careful since I only had the lycra skin tight suit on underneath. Well, lets just say that probably isn't what I should have said:lol
For how cold it was I felt great. I wore it in the house once before and I was dying of heat. I was going to install fans in the helmet, but luckily it was cold.

I think I'm going to Disneyland again this weekend so I'm out. I'm still scared though. We all have to plan a day so I'm not center of attention. Wait that was cool.

AZDaizy
May 23rd, 2002, 10:14:33 PM
:lol ZF wants to know LW...should we tell him? >D

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 10:17:21 PM
lol don't tell him ali!!!! *hee hee*

Wow there were some bold women in that line. And yeah that was definately not the best thing to say in that situation lol.

From the phrase "disneyland again" Im going to guess you're an annual passholder? People always look at me wierd when I say that phrase.

Zartan Fett
May 23rd, 2002, 10:23:01 PM
Yep I am an annual passholder. Wish they would do Star Wars Nights here. Its just a bunch of the actors signing stuff and people in costume. We can wear a costume, they just need to get the actors and the parade going. I think I'm going to Disneyland City Hall on Saturday and talk to them. I need to go buy my Jango and Clonetrooper Lego pens and also more of the Star Trader pins. Man I love Star Wars.

Come on guys don't keep me out of the loop. What's the hush hush? :rolleyes

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 10:26:49 PM
Yeah I wish they would do sw nights here too. I know at disneyland though they only ever let really little kids dress up for anything. That kinda sucks. Every so cal star wars fan should go and complain that they dont do cool stuff like that here. Not that they'd care.

Its girl stuff trust me.....you dont need to know.

Zartan Fett
May 23rd, 2002, 10:29:48 PM
No I need to know. You can't just throw it out there and not say anything. I'm racking my brain here. Don't make me beg ladies.

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 10:33:57 PM
lol.....well its not my thing to tell.....*hee hee* And you definately dont need to know.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 23rd, 2002, 10:45:46 PM
Wait I wanna know!

Except I'm pretty sure I already do. ;)

No wait, I don't. :( :cry

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 10:48:23 PM
*evil grin*

bwahahahahahahaaa!

Another one corrupted

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2002, 11:11:45 PM
*looks into thread, curious as to what's going on*

I wanna be corrupted!!!! Can I?

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 11:14:25 PM
lol!!!!!

This is turning into one big corruption secret.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2002, 11:25:06 PM
*wants so desperately to be corrupted*

:D

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 11:29:21 PM
well someones not on aim...the usual instrument of corruption

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2002, 11:30:15 PM
is so..............

now at least :D

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 11:34:24 PM
Theres gonna be a line of people wanting to know after all this.

Zartan Fett
May 23rd, 2002, 11:41:16 PM
Ok the big secret is....

Me in my Stormtrooper suit, a bunch of women in costume and a video camera. Need I say more.

Now that was OT.

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 11:42:44 PM
there was a video camera??????

Zartan Fett
May 23rd, 2002, 11:47:22 PM
No you know;) What we are planning to do. That's the secret. So you want to be corrupted add your name to the list:

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 11:52:37 PM
heheheheheheheheh! :D :angel

This is fun.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2002, 11:55:30 PM
ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's s'Ilancy........ s ' I l a n c y

Wait a sec, I've already been corrupted :lol

Live Wire
May 23rd, 2002, 11:57:45 PM
Its good to know our costumes we'll go to good use. :D

Zartan Fett
May 24th, 2002, 12:10:33 AM
Well as much fun as that would be, I'm a noble Stormtrooper and would never take advantage or disrespect any women of Star Wars. I couldn't lift a finger. All I can do is stand(since the suit does not allow me to sit). I only disrespected AZdaizy when I hit her in the head with my blaster. I also should have said hello when I saw her on the curb outside the theater. I'm sorry about both of those.

Anyways no more corruption.Time to play nice.

AZDaizy
May 24th, 2002, 12:12:20 AM
Yeah, how come you were only mean to me? :( I say we revoke your title of Friendly Neighborhood Stormtrooper. Hmph.

:lol

Live Wire
May 24th, 2002, 12:13:16 AM
wow a noble stormie.....gotta love that. Do you hold open doors, help old ladies across the street, and carry parcels too?

awww we have to play nice now? *pouts* fine......

no hes still the friendly neighborhood stormie....aka the star wars fans rent-a-trooper.

Zartan Fett
May 24th, 2002, 12:15:20 AM
I do it all. I open car doors, in fact all doors. Must be my old age that make me so experienced. That wasn't meant to corrupt anyone:D

AZdaizy, I am friendly. Right?

AZDaizy
May 24th, 2002, 12:19:04 AM
:: feels a gun pointed into her back :: Yes...ZF....you are quite friendly...

Live Wire
May 24th, 2002, 12:19:15 AM
I just realized that no one warned you that the cali girls get wierder and wierder the closer it gets to midnight. It's not you it's just how we are. You should see some of the chats we get in late at night. Most of the guys are still asking for copies of those lol.

Zartan Fett
May 24th, 2002, 12:24:19 AM
I can handle anything you guys throw at me. I've seen and heard enough in my years. I think I could shock a few of you. And no it has nothing to do with me in my trooper suit and...

Live Wire
May 24th, 2002, 12:27:08 AM
lol after posting here for almost three years nothing shocks me anymore!

your stormtrooper suit and....??? Come on you can't just not finish that sentence.

Zartan Fett
May 24th, 2002, 12:32:54 AM
Well I don't want to get confused between fact and fiction. I have done nothing with this suit except the midnight show. Really. The potential is there but I'm conflicted by own postings here. Its late.

I can't imagine a women wanting to undress a Stormtrooper(not referring to myself). There is so much stuff. Now me for example,I only have a 1 1/2" black strip of elastic between my codpiece and the buttplate. Almost like a g-string. If that broke, there is nothing protecting or covering, well you know except the bodysuit. But the bodysuit wouldn't hide much. I don't normally talk like this. You get the picture right? Whoops!

Ok time to stop with that. I can go in a million directions about some Dark Side stuff. So this is where I go to bed.

Live Wire
May 24th, 2002, 12:36:40 AM
lol! Yep you've been corrupted. You're one of us now. You are the official Cali Man. We finally have one to offset the rest of the Cali Girls.

I think you gave us plenty of detail...probably too much. Well you need to get that suit fixed up so you feel comfortable in public with it. Its a shame you've only worn it once when its such a big crowd pleaser. (dont take that the wrong way)

Zartan Fett
May 24th, 2002, 12:37:43 AM
Ok one last thing before I go to bed for REAL. Isn't this thread getting a little big and WAY OT? Its all my fault. Bad Strormie. Bad.

Live Wire
May 24th, 2002, 12:39:43 AM
any thread Im in lately seems to get really long and very very far off topic. I should send you some links to some of the other wierd threads. Don't worry discussions around here wander a lot. You just accept it. And this isnt anywhere near the longest or the wierdest thread around. Its not your fault. Join the threadjacking club.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2002, 12:55:24 AM
Yay!!! I'm corrupted!!!!!!

*parades around the thread like the loony she is; with 32 oz's of cheap beer in her* :D

Lilaena De'Ville
May 24th, 2002, 01:21:12 AM
The Dark Side I sense in you.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2002, 01:30:57 AM
The darkside is gonna tyake me over on tuesday night

you all just wait

Hunk
May 24th, 2002, 10:09:57 AM
Well this is rather disappointing. I was expecting more pictures of all of you folks in costume.

:mad

Lady Vader
May 24th, 2002, 12:50:09 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm... I get the feeling LW is gonna have to fill me in on a lot of this stuff. And I can't be corrupted seeing as how I am already corrupted... so how bout I become even more corrupted (if that's even possible at this point). :lol O_o >D

Well, Mr. Stormie, I figured it would be difficult to see out of that helmet. :lol I was the one that tapped (or knocked) on your shoulder plate to get a piccy with ya. That was before the big group piccy of us costumed freaks was taken.

Which reminds me... I'm harrassing TF.net to see where the hell that pic went off to! I swear, I can't navigate their site... it just confuses me! Anyways, hopefully the picture will surface so we can see it.

As to costume get-together... if it doesn't work this weekend, then we can always plan it for another time. The movie isn't going anywhere anytime soon... the theater isn't going anywhere anytime soon... and our costumes aren't going anywhere anytime soon. So, we're safe. :)

And Ali, seeing as how you live all of 5 or 10 minutes from my house, we should get together and see the movie or something! :) And maybe we can drag LW along if she can GET OUT! :rolleyes

:p

Sanis Prent
May 24th, 2002, 12:55:00 PM
(Is nice and uncorrupted :angel)

At any rate, I have piccies, just gimme time to scan them, upload them, etc. I'll post em whenever possible.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 24th, 2002, 12:59:55 PM
I have my piccies too. I need TIME! MORE TIME!

More COWbell! More COWbell! *wanders off*

I hate you all, I'm so jealous. When can I move back down??

Hunk
May 24th, 2002, 01:41:12 PM
I've got a fever....and the only prescription, is more cowbell.

(my apologies, we now return to our regularly scheduled topic)

Lady Vader
May 24th, 2002, 05:03:46 PM

Hollie, come back anytime. :) You belong down here with us Cali girls!!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2002, 07:36:32 PM
*contemplates moving back to Cali*

The market is better down there for what I want to do, so I might as well.......................

Lilaena De'Ville
May 24th, 2002, 07:43:14 PM
Hey we can get an apartment. The existing Cali girls can't move out from home yet. LOSERS! ;) j/k I love you guys! *group hug* :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2002, 07:51:20 PM
woohoo!!!!

It's a plan!!!

We could even start a new chapter of the DLEC: the Drunk Lady's Excercise Club. My aunt founded it, and basically all we do is go to a gym, workout for a while, then adjorn to whoever's apartment and drink wine, beer, or whatever else and talk about whatever. I've only been to one 'session', but they're fun as hell :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 24th, 2002, 11:49:36 PM
I say we rent a huge Beach house and move all sort of people in with us. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2002, 12:31:33 AM
Oooohhhh!! Even better!!!

Can't go wrong with a beach house!!! And with a group of us, the rent wouldn't be too much of a hassle, either :)

AZDaizy
May 25th, 2002, 08:29:42 PM
I have pictures. :) I want to rent a beach house like they did in American Pie 2...mwahahahaha...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2002, 08:34:59 PM
Do you know how absolutely insane that house would be with the lot of us living there? There would be no end to lightsaber battles on the beach, nerf/water wars, and utter looniness; which actually sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

Instead of Super Smash Brothers Melee, it'd be like, Cali Girls Melee :D

*sniff*

I get tears of joy just thinkin' about it

ReaperFett
May 25th, 2002, 08:38:16 PM
As fun as Weekend at Bernies :)

Zartan Fett
May 25th, 2002, 09:03:29 PM
So since I'm the resident Stormtrooper, am I invited on the Cali Girl melee? I'm an equal rights trooper :)

Lady Vader
May 25th, 2002, 09:10:14 PM
Only if you wear your stormtrooper outfit. :lol

And, ya know what, there IS a house out on the beach front that's for sale/rent right now as we speak. And it's been like that for months now. It looks a lil rundown, but with a lil work, it could be purrrfect!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2002, 09:13:43 PM
But I need to make money first so I can afford it

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2002, 10:03:23 PM
LV! Scope it out!

(And yes, that was me ordering you around.)

And Cali Guys are more than welcome at our beach house. Should we ever get one. Ever.

For that matter, it doesn't matter what state you're from. :p

Live Wire
May 25th, 2002, 10:39:11 PM
Oooh we're always happy to have cali guys around. Of course this is the first time we've had any lol.

Zartan Fett
May 25th, 2002, 10:42:15 PM
But I want to be the only one :( I want to be special again!
Trust me, there is enough of my imperial self to go around. Well you know for pictures and stuff...

Live Wire
May 26th, 2002, 12:19:15 AM
lol. Dude you are the only one! Its always been the cali girls and the florida guys. For the first time we have a Cali guy! yay!!!

You do photo ops?

Zartan Fett
May 26th, 2002, 12:32:29 AM
Photo ops? Sort of...

How about the Cali Girls take the Stormtrooper hostage? Torture him to to unspeakable things. Experience can come in handy here. Nevermind. The late night thing makes me say and do inappopriate things.

Live Wire
May 26th, 2002, 12:37:56 AM
hmm.....that could actually be arranged. We cali girls have been known to take hostages before. Of course we normally take people hostage in the car and torture them with evil music and stuff. But other things could be done as well. *evil grin*

lol you think you're weird late night??? You're lightweight compared to the rest of us.

Zartan Fett
May 26th, 2002, 12:54:16 AM
What I write and what I do are two different things. I just want so much respect and approval, that I don't want to push people away. What I've done, what I've seen and how I have felt in my 27 years would shock anyone. I'm a little on the darkside. I'm as clean as they come. I've never done drugs or smoked. I drink occasionally(ladies watch out) and I don't take many prescription medication either. I used to fight alot and hell I still can if I have to. Sexually, well I won't go into that other than I'm not gay or bi-sexual. Experienced and experimental would be best to describe that. I'm well mannered and take out my aggression when I play hockey. I drive fast and furious(sorry had to say that) and I love Star Wars more than life!!! I own 10 cats and and I collect toys.

Ok that's all. I have to be careful at my age. I have to watch what I say or do because of the people I meet may be younger. I don't want to give the wrong impression. Yeah I get crazy. Most people do, but I keep it under control and behind closed doors for some things. Why I let loose here late at night is unexplainable. I'm not a creep and I would never hurt anyone intentionally without a valid no excuse reason. I'm nice and usually very quiet.

So you may ask what Star Wars character I am most like(other than actually being a Stormtrooper shhhhh) I would say at times I can be Boba Fett or Anakin. Both with things that impacted their lives.

Before I go too deep and have to start a thread all about ME :D , I will stop.

So glad to be the only Cali Guy. Don't worry I'll try not to disappoint you Cali Gals. How am I doing so far?

Live Wire
May 26th, 2002, 01:16:46 AM
Well around here what we write and what we do are two different things most of the time anyway. We're wild and crazy on the boards but most of us are mellow IRL unless star wars is invovled in which case we're hyped, insane and on mountain dew.

So far I give you a 9 out of 10. You're definately setting the standard for future cali guys should we ever find any. Nice profile by the way and I can definately say you'll fit in quite well with the rest of us. 10 cats??? are they all named after star wars characters? And I can explain why you let lose here late at night. Okay I can't but trust me we all do and we dont know why. Its the beauty of this place. You should join one of our late night mountain dew chats. Those are really crazy. Dont worry unless you start stalking someone no ones gonna think you're a creep. And we'll beat the whole quiet thing right out of you quicker then you can say "boba fett? boba fett? where??"

lol this thread is turning into the cali peep's profile thread. Oh well thats okay. Give into the dark side! Join us and we'll rule the boards as the one and only CALI CREW!!!!!

Lady Vader
May 26th, 2002, 01:23:15 AM
YES! God made Cali Guys!! :lol

This is too cool!

And i'll definitely scpe out that beach house and see how much it is and stuff.

As to late night wackiness... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

*Skips about happily, avoiding those nice young men in their clean white coats, HAHA*

Zartan Fett
May 26th, 2002, 01:36:49 AM
Well I hope AZdaizy doesn't think I'm stalking here. I've talked to her the most and next after her is Live Wire. I gave AZ a Padme standup for hooking me up with pics from that night. The pics were not ready last night though so maybe next week.

I'm not looking to pick up anyone so there is no threat there. It all goes back to my age(I feel very old at 27). Sometimes I won't be able to say or do what I really want or feel. You guys will have to accept that.

Well glad to be here, glad to be a 9 out of 10. I'll try to stay on Star Wars, but some convesations leads me OT. Well you all know what that's like.

Lady Vader
May 26th, 2002, 01:39:32 AM
Well, Mr. Resident Stormie, I'd be more than happy to chat with ya, but you haven't given me your AIM name. :p

Live Wire
May 26th, 2002, 01:44:02 AM
lol stalker!!!! j/k. how come she gets a padme standup Im the one who told you about this place to begin with? :p

Oh come on you're not old. We've got posters older then you and younger then you and no one around here cares about age too much. Its all about star wars!

*looks at LV* he's not listening to everything Im saying is he?

Mr stormie man, nothing around here stays on topic. Check the RP OOC forum. By the end of a thread the topic has been lost ten times over. Its the way our convos around here are so dont worry about it too much. We get back on topic sometimes and sometimes not. Thats the beauty of it.

Zartan Fett
May 26th, 2002, 01:53:49 AM
Live Wire,
AZ got the standup for the pics she's getting me and she didn't ask for anything :)

Now what could I give you for showing me this board? Hmmm...

Pretty soon Lady Vader is going to want something.

Is there anything I can give the Cali Gals as a group? I don't need anything from you guys. LMK what I can give you each of you. A gift. The worst thing I can say is NO.

Lady Vader
May 26th, 2002, 01:59:27 AM
Just give me a stand-up of either Anakin or Darth Vader and I'll be as happy as a kitten. :p :lol

Live Wire
May 26th, 2002, 02:05:50 AM
lol!!! I was just joking. Hence the :p smilie. Im not in the habit of asking for things but then you wouldnt know that. But now you do. I think we're all just pretty enthused that we actually have a Cali Guy.

LV you're so bad! Dont ask for things!! No manner at all.

*slips him a short wish list of toys*

We definately have to get t-shirts made now or something. Official Cali Crew member gear. *brain frys* x_x

okay that was random. Anyway where was I? (see I even get OT in my own posts) oh yes, the cali crew. Anyway....now I Forgot what I was gonna say. *brain frys again* X_X

The late night wierdness has claimed me! NOOO!!!!!

Zartan Fett
May 26th, 2002, 02:08:34 AM
Lady Vader,If I had an extra of either of those, it would be yours. The only extra one I had left from my order was the 2 Padmes I had. I sold one to a customer for $15.00 and the other went to AZ. The company that makes them, messed up my order and told me to keep the Padmes at no charge. Sorry nothing personal. I'll see what I have lying around here. If you ever want a pic with the Stormtrooper...uh...again, let me know. I hope to have an Anakin done by October.

Live Wire
May 26th, 2002, 02:15:54 AM
Hey Mr Stormie are you up for a possible mann's chinese viewing next sunday with the cali girls?

Zartan Fett
May 26th, 2002, 02:20:24 AM
Depends what time.I have a hockey game at 11:00 AM and 8:30 PM. Each game is about an hour long. If it falls inbetween those times and I will not be late to the night game, I'll go. Also If I'm not too beat up and sore from the first game.

Lady Vader
May 26th, 2002, 02:25:16 AM
:lol I wasn't seriously serious... well, not terribly serious at any rate... not really... really... :p

Gotta see if we can get Ali to come next Sunday also. But I only have three tix. I'll see if I can get some more. And they're FREE! :D One of my coworkers get's free tix for the Mann's Chinese (he must have conections). Anyhoo, he's the one that gave me the tix.

Maybe we could even dress up! :lol

Live Wire
May 26th, 2002, 02:25:29 AM
Okay Im not sure what time yet but it will prolly be inbetween those times. Costumes not mandatory but are encouraged. This is also an open invite to other cali area peeps who might be reading this.

I tell you since opening night I've just been itching to wear my costume again. We need to have a big star wars party or something where everyone has to dress in costume.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2002, 02:34:09 AM
DARN YOU ALL!

I want to go too. :( I have to work.

And I live waaaay to far away. :( :cry

ReaperFett
May 26th, 2002, 04:36:18 AM
And I live waaaay to far away
AHEM! :)

Live Wire
May 26th, 2002, 01:46:21 PM
lol yes fett we havent forgotten about you way over there across the other pond. We still love you.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2002, 03:26:53 PM
Curse my life in the Navy; moving around all my life was fun, but has generated an instilled need to wander. Now I want to move out of Seattle and live somewhere else.

Oh well.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2002, 12:40:44 PM
*gives Fett a cookie* :)

ReaperFett
May 27th, 2002, 01:30:22 PM
What kind? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2002, 03:08:12 PM
Chocolate chip. :D

ReaperFett
May 27th, 2002, 04:30:41 PM
Ahhh, you remembered :)

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
May 27th, 2002, 05:28:37 PM
I always remember. Except for when I forget. :)

ReaperFett
May 27th, 2002, 05:36:51 PM
Well, aren't you as logical as SPock :)

AZDaizy
May 27th, 2002, 11:14:24 PM
I'm gone three days and look at what I miss.

You may have told him about the boards, LW, but he didn't hit you in the head with a blaster ;) I think that definately deserves a Padme standup. Which I love! I've always wanted one and now I have one! Thank you so much! Although...she does scare me every time I walk into my room. You should see the look on my face...ahahahaha...

Zartan Fett
May 27th, 2002, 11:51:40 PM
AZ,

Try to skip all my posts. It was late and I kind of rambled on for a while. I'm glad you liked the standup. Sometimes you have a chance to do something for someone and it becomes so trivial you regret not doing it. I didn't want that to happen. It meant as much to me giving it to you as you accepting and appreciating it. You'll always be Padme to me :) Unless you dress up as something stupid like a...uh....Stormtrooper:huh

ZF

AZDaizy
May 27th, 2002, 11:59:00 PM

Well I'm flattered to be called Padme...she's so prettttyyyyyy, siiiiiiiiigh, I'd be happy to be half as pretty as she. Anyyyyyywaaaays...I wonder who I'll dress up as next time. Maybe I'll just wear the same costume, because I couldn't wear anything from Ep. III...she'll be pregnant! That should be tough for me to pull off...mwahahaha...

Live Wire
May 28th, 2002, 12:07:22 AM
lol oooh go as pregnant padme. You know she'll be the best dressed pregnant woman ever!

Lady Vader
May 28th, 2002, 03:35:14 PM

I'm still debating whether I should go as AB or just stick with the LV costume. Gawd, I love those boots!! :lol

imported_QuiGonJ
May 28th, 2002, 03:42:29 PM
Chinese, eh? Can I go with ya'll?

Zartan Fett
May 28th, 2002, 10:08:18 PM

Well I'm flattered to be called Padme...she's so prettttyyyyyy, siiiiiiiiigh, I'd be happy to be half as pretty as she. Anyyyyyywaaaays...

If you only knew Padme ;)

Jasseeri Arreearruu
May 29th, 2002, 11:03:44 PM
LV here. Too lazy to switch accounts.

I don't see why you couldn't come with us, QGJ. :) But no one seems to be saying anything about times or where to meet and such. Hello ppl? We doing it this weekend, or would another weekend be more convinient. I'm open to either one. So long as I can dress up again! :lol

AZDaizy
May 29th, 2002, 11:22:31 PM
I'd really really really love to go...but Sunday is after prom, and I'm going to be beat. I'd love to go another weekend! I'm just so busy with graduation activities...my next few weekends are booked :( but I MUST dress up again...

Zartan Fett
May 29th, 2002, 11:35:03 PM
I'd prefer a Saturday since I play hockey twice on Sundays. I would say Friday, but I went on Friday and traffic was hell. Lilo & Stitch will be out by that time. Hey AZ and LW, I've been told I look like Stitch. Cute, mean looking and the ears and eyes.

AZDaizy
May 29th, 2002, 11:59:49 PM
I want to see Lilo and Stich so bad! I really like Disney movies...call me weird I don't care ;) Stich is cute...but I'm sorry ZF...you're missing the blue part :)

Zartan Fett
May 30th, 2002, 12:12:28 AM
Roooarrrr!!! How was that for a Stitch roar? Like the trailer? If I hold my breath long enough I'll be a perfect stand in.I am a huge Disney freak too(other than a Star Wars freak). That's why I go to Disneyland all the time.

Lady Vader
May 30th, 2002, 11:39:58 AM
:lol Another SW freak with a Disney annual pass! LW, my sis, and myself all have passes. Hey! We should get Ali to get one!

Hey Ali! Go get a Disney annual pass! (Assuming you don't already have one. :p)

Arya Ravenwing
May 30th, 2002, 11:50:26 AM
:cry:cry:cry

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2002, 12:17:50 PM
*pouts, then sniffles*

I wanna move back to Cali now.

Lady Vader
May 30th, 2002, 12:26:37 PM
Ok, that does it!

Both of you... no more crying and pouting and sniffling! Come! Move back to CA!

We'll find a place to rent out! It would so far be myself, Tine, LD, and Sil... LW would most likely also join us. With five of us, rent would be reasonably cheap. We just need to find a condo/half-house to rent.

Oh! And then there'd be the dish! And the DSL! And lets not forget the kick @ss network. :rollin

Live Wire
May 30th, 2002, 01:21:16 PM
yes! No more whining! *waves hand* you WILL move back to cali!

hmm...ZF thinks he looks like stitch....dye yourself blue and then I'll let ya know! *hee hee* But I'll concur with the cute and mean looking. You scared me that day you came up to me in line. lol!

Im glad the three of us cali girls arent the only disney freaks. I went to d-land/CaliVenture yesterday and Im gonna try to go again monday if my friend can get off of work. Then Im chaperoning the grad night for the school I work for. (so this will be my 4th grad night counting the year I actually graduated *hee hee*) and thats fun! I need to go to disney as much as I can now since I wont be able to go again till september. However I am trying to find a way to go to tokyo disney while Im there. :D

well no ones saying anything about this weekened. And I feel a sore throat coming on. My weekends are gonna be booked from here on out most likely cause Im preparing to go to japan on july 1st. argh! stress!!

Lilaena De'Ville
May 30th, 2002, 01:30:28 PM
Stress?! Vacation!

And I'm going to visit S'Il in a few weeks. Then we'll know for sure if we want her in CA. ;) :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2002, 01:31:30 PM
well, if there's a Sheridan, a Westin, or a W close to where we'd be, I can move down without worrying about having to get a job.

But give me 6 months or so first; I have to get money flowing once again.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 30th, 2002, 01:34:20 PM
a W??

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2002, 01:38:11 PM
I don't know either; the gal I was talking to just said that I can work in any one of those hotels because they're all owned by Starwood, and all over the country if I put in a transfer.

I'm a bartender/server right now, but I'm lookin' for a full time bartending gig.

Oh, and the best part???? I get like, 95% off room prices if I stay at any hotel owned by Starwood. so a 300 dollar hotel room, for me, would be like, 50 bucks.

Lady Vader
May 30th, 2002, 02:31:40 PM
Sweet! Does that apply for ppl you know too? :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2002, 02:46:53 PM
I believe it does in fact; but I'm sure there are guidelines and maybe a few restrictions.

Live Wire
May 30th, 2002, 03:12:15 PM
oooh Im gonna go visit s'Ilancy! lol!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2002, 03:17:01 PM

yeah, I'd have to say that I'd take one of those 1500 dollar mattresses in the Westin over my couch anyday.

Anytime someone wants to visit, please feel free!! We can all go bug the guys at FAO Schwartz to let us see that lifesize Boba Fett they have hidden somewhere in the store.

And when that happens, two or three of us can create a diversion while the others discreetly carry Fett out the door and down the street to my apartment :D

Live Wire
May 30th, 2002, 03:21:43 PM
lol!!!!!! fett hijacking!

I went to downtown disney yesterday and took my picture with the lifesize lego vader and R2. Then since it was like 9:30 at night we got to play with all the legos since there were no kids around. *hee hee*

AmazonBabe
May 30th, 2002, 03:30:44 PM
Ok, LW, you me and Tine need to go out and have a Disney day. We haven't had a proper one in sooooooooooo long and I'm feeling deprived!!!! :cry

Live Wire
May 30th, 2002, 03:38:36 PM
I know we need a disney day. I need a pink spoon day. *sighs* Im running out of time and its sucking. I have a list a mile long of things to do and Im not gonna get it all done I just know it.

Lady Vader
May 30th, 2002, 03:48:38 PM
Well, whatever happened to having dinner together next Monday night?

And before we start boring ppl, is there any possible way you can get on yahoo?

Live Wire
May 30th, 2002, 03:53:24 PM
Im on yahoo! lol! Im so stupid Im sitting here going oh yeah I brought my laptop into work today

Lilaena De'Ville
May 30th, 2002, 08:53:28 PM

Zartan Fett
May 30th, 2002, 09:53:02 PM
But I'll concur with the cute and mean looking. You scared me that day you came up to me in line. lol!

Geez!! That bad huh?

Live Wire
May 31st, 2002, 05:04:25 PM
lol no not that bad! I was with my parents so I was like uhhh cause I know they were wondering who you were. Fortunately once you said who you were I was like ahhh okay I can relax now. Besides when I had gone into the lobby to get the tickets I bought online these two creepy guys had hit on me since I was in costume and stuff and so I was kinda jumpy. It wasnt you. I was kidding you're not scary looking you just scared me that day till I found out who you were.

Zartan Fett
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:06:14 PM
Hey I got some great pics from AZdaizy from the midnight AMC 20 Rolling Hills showing!!! Does anyone else have pics to share?

ZF

Lady Vader
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:01:37 AM
OOOOOOO!! Send me piccies!!! PM me and I'll give ya my e-mail addy so you can send em that way!

We sent our piccies in for development yesterday. They won't be ready for at least 2 days or so, but I'll let ya know when they're done.

I'm trying to get a hold of all piccies taken between all of us, and compile em into a website. So, I'll ppl's piccies if and when they get em developed! :)

Charley
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:14:04 AM
Why haven't I been mentioned in this thread? >:

ReaperFett
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:29:20 AM
You get enough attention? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:16:48 PM
Charley.

There, you were mentioned.

Gouyen Chee
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:21:48 PM
All these Cali people and I'm just picking up on this thread? WAH! :cry :cry :cry :cry

Okay, how many of you were at the AMC 14 in Burbank opening night? I was the redhead in the Darth Maul shirt with matching husband waiting for theater 8 and envying those folks who got tix for theaters 11 and 12 (stadium-style). You guys were having waaaaay too much fun and my line was so booooooooring. This is what happens to a fan who has to pay mortgage payments, car payments, insurance payments, utilities, etc, etc, etc, and who winds up with no money for tix when they go on sale.

Okay, I'm done whining now: :rolleyes

Gouyen Chee
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:24:48 PM
Another thought -- is there going to be a Fan Day like there was for Ep. I? I hope so -- the 15th is a Saturday and the next day is Father's Day....

Anyone for Mann's Chinese in costume? I'll have my Jedi outfit done by then. Let me know.

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:40:36 AM
I was there in Burbank, and that's where these folks almost went... I was the guy from the front of the line for Theater 11 getting people to yell like Chewbacca for www.coruscantcity.net . :)

If you want to see pics...
http://www.coruscantcity.net/board//Forum1/HTML/006120.html will direct you to some. I'm still waiting on a friend from Chicago to finish the commentary, and you are certainly welcome to come by, join up there also and say hi. :)