PDA

View Full Version : Evil Can Find You Anywhere.... (open to a sith)

Maia Tharrinn
May 16th, 2002, 12:45:33 PM
Walking along the lonely stretch of beach Maia was lost in thought. Her brother had told her that he would never leave the darkside. She knew there was nothing more she could do to convince him. Her heart had broken at his angry words, his cool tone. He had never spoken to her in such a manner before.

(Mikal) You have chosen your path sister. Now leave me to mine. I may have helped you get away from a path you did not want but do not think that you can turn me from the life I have chosen."

His words were bitter, he had looked at her as if she had become the enemy. Sighing Maia dropped down to pick up a small rock and tossed it into the still water.

"Mikal if only you could see that the darkside will be your downfall." She whispered softly to herself.

Maia pulled the light saber from her belt. It was a beautiful gift h had given her and she knew he still loved her. He had made the blade a beautiful purple. Maia wondered how long he would be able to love a sister that was now a Jedi...

Tempist Opps
May 16th, 2002, 03:52:38 PM
A lone figgure appeared, about twenty feet or so from Maia. He was in dark robes, his head covered. In a deep, but somehow quiet voice, he spoke to the jedi.

"Good evening, I don't believe I've seen you here before"

Tempist Opps, one of the more weathered Sith Warriors, pulled back his hood, and unveiled his scally form. He was a shapeshifter, although his favorite form was that of a lizard man, for the benefits in fighting. He spoke again.

"My name is Tempist, of The Sith Empire. And you would be?"

Maia Tharrinn
May 16th, 2002, 06:13:16 PM
Maia jumped at the sound of a voice. She had thought herself alone out here. Turning quickly she gasped. Her eyes darted around looking for others. She had been deep in thought and had not heard the man walk up on her had not even sensed him. Cursing under her breath Maia berated herself. She knew better than to let her guard down.

"Maia nodded her head to him. "Hello Tempest, my name is Maia. It's a umm pleasure to meet you." She said with a rueful smile. She had been raised by Sith and had never found any of them to be a pleasure let alone friendly.

"Light let me be wrong this one time ." She mumbled under her breath. She knew her very life was in danger. She had not run from home without knowing there could be repercussions. If he had been sent by her family she was either dead or going to be taken back by force. Which in her mind was as good as dead.

"What brings you to this stretch of beach?" She said as she eased away from him slowly....

Tempist Opps
May 16th, 2002, 09:26:06 PM
Tempist sensed this girl's uneasiness around him, her fear. He was about to wonder why when he realized her force signature was bright, very light. It mattered not to him, he would only fight if she angered him or wished a mactch.

"Oh, nothing too important, just needed to get away from the everyday nonsense of my life. What brings you here?"

Maia Tharrinn
May 16th, 2002, 09:40:25 PM
Maia stopped moving her eyes widened. She had never ran into a Sith that just wanted to talk. She wondered if he was up to something.

"Well, I just came here to think about some stuff and it seemed like a good place." She stammered.

"I don't mean to be rude but you don't seem like any Sith I have met." She said her eyes wide. Perhaps he didn't know she was a Jedi. She doubted it but perhaps the force was with her this day.

She studied the man before her. her eyes traveling over his reptilian features. She had seen many strange creatures and walks of life so not much bothered her.

"Where are you from if I may ask?" She said. Her guard was still up but she did not want to appear rude to someone she just met even if he was a darksider and her heart was beating way to fast...

Tempist Opps
May 16th, 2002, 10:09:14 PM
Tempist stifled a laugh and responded.

"No, I'm not like most Sith... to be honest, I don't know where I come from. It's been so long..."

Tempist began to stare off into a daze, but caught himself before it went too far.

"Hmm... would you like to fight? Nothing too serious, you seem more... peaceful than most jedi I have encountered"

Although he was implying only a select few, Xazor and Satine were from the same gene-pool, so they wouldn't be too different, but it didn't explain Akrabbim at all.

Maia Tharrinn
May 16th, 2002, 11:24:17 PM
Maia's eyebrows shot up in surprise. Most Sith would be taking her head off by now. Perhaps she had been wrong about the darksiders after all. She was still worried that he had something planned.

"Well, I have not had much training in the ways of the force but my brother has taught me how to use my saber and a sword. I would not mind sparring with you Tempest. " She knew she was taking a chance but he did seem sincere.

Bowing to him she waited for his response. Her saber was not ignighted but held in both hands in front of her....

Niccademas
May 16th, 2002, 11:42:00 PM
Though not within sight, His presence washed over her like a warm water bath. The sounds spoke to Maia conciosness as if Niccademas were standing beside her, She could almost feel his breath on her ear.

"The Calmer the darkness seams, my dear, The more ensnaring it becomes!"

for the breifest moment the peace of the light entered Maia, forwarning her of the corruption of the darkside, yet the young womans essence clung to it and blaketed herself in it. At that she knew she wasn't alone.

Tempist Opps
May 18th, 2002, 07:18:12 AM
Tempist uncliped Infinity from his side, and held it in one hand, without fliping the switch.

"The first move is yours, if you'd like it."

Maia Tharrinn
May 19th, 2002, 01:18:06 AM
Maia closed her eyes for a moment as Niccademis voice washed over her. It was comforting to know he watched and protected her. He had become a very welcome friend in her struggle with her heart. He had taught her to put aside he blame and seek solace in herself.

"Thank you Niccademis." She said through the force. Opening her eyes she gazed at Tempest with a new found peace. She had found it odd that he was so kind. Never in her life had she met a Sith like him but she was grateful her first battle would be with him.

Maia bowed to him, to show him that his kindness to her was marked and appreciated. She ignighted her Lightsaber with a snap hiss. The purple blade sprang out and lit the night with an eerie glow.

"You are most kind Tempest. Perhaps you can teach me as my brother had long ago." With that she nodded that she was ready and made the first strike as he had offered.

Swinging her saber in a downward slash that her brother had taught her as a first move that caused him to defend himself by parrying it to the side. She quickly brought it back around and there sabers locked, hissing. The battle or a lesson had begun.....

Tempist Opps
May 19th, 2002, 08:36:24 AM
As their sabers locked, Tempist gave her a small smile.

"Perhaps, but it is better to learn from your own experiance."

Tempist gave a powerful push with his saber, and brought it around for a diagonal slah twards her midsection.

Maia Tharrinn
May 19th, 2002, 10:44:45 AM
Catching her balance in time, Maia swung her saber down and deflected the deadly blow. She brought her saber quickly around and up toward tempests head. There sabers flashed and hissed as he deflected the blow...

"I have always tried to learn from new experiences." She said with a soft smile.

Dropping to her knee she slashed at his legs. Jumping back from him as he brought his saber down....

Tempist Opps
May 19th, 2002, 06:09:08 PM
This was terribly easy for Tempist, it had been so long since he had faught a beginner. He increased his speed slightly, and made another two slashes at Maia. He intended to keep his word and go easy on her, so he wouldn't use any force enhancments on his speed or muscle.

Maia Tharrinn
May 21st, 2002, 03:36:28 PM
Swinging her saber in calm strategic arches that her brother had taught her. She met the Sith blow for blow but she could not seem to get an edge up on him. She knew he was holding back, not giving everything he had.

Maia controlled her breathing through the force, her arms were growing weary and soon she would have to use it to mask the ache in her body. She had slacked off in her sword training and now she was paying for it. Mikal would have been sorely disappointed with her. If only she had tried to find someone to study more with but she was not one to make a lot of friends.

"I have to train more." She thought to herself as one of Tempests blows came alarmingly close to her head.

Tempest parried each of her blows with ease. Maia could feel herself getting frustrated. When there sabers locked once again she brought her foot up and planted it in his stomach kicking him back. She grinned in slight satisfaction that she had finally made one hit,....

Tempist Opps
May 22nd, 2002, 08:31:46 PM
The kick wasn't overly unexpected, but Tempist wasn't prepaired for it. It had hit him hard enough for him to feel it, and gave him pain to feed off of. He stumbeled backwards a foot or so, and came back twards Maia again, now faster than before. He unleashed a series of two slashes, one stab, and one vertical hack, followed up with a solid kick twards her side.

Maia Tharrinn
May 24th, 2002, 07:20:47 PM
Maia stumbled back from the powerful swings. His foot caught her in the side causing her to stumble. Grunting in pain she called on the force to mask the pain. He was powerful and she knew as a padawan she was in to deep.

Rushing at him she swung toward his head jumping back as he deflected the blow and swung at her...

"You are very good Tempest. I see I have a long way to go before I should spar with a Sith." Maia gasped a small grin on her mouth. Her eye's glinting with suppressed anger. The words of her master played through her mind. She knew she should not be getting angry but it was hard not to. She could be doing better but her training was sorely lacking.

Maia cleared her mind drawing on the lightside to ease her mind and curb her anger. She would not give into it. Instead she would learn from this battle with the darksider. He had been more than fair to her and she was grateful for that at least...

AmazonBabe
May 24th, 2002, 07:32:30 PM
:: Though Maia did not know, AB was never far from her Padawan, always watching. Whenever she took on a new pupil, she always became very protective of the young learner. And thus it was with Maia. ::

:: She stayed a ways back, behind the dueling pair, standing near some drooping palms. She bleneded easily with the large trunks, and even though Maia could not see her, AB could see her Padawan clearly. ::

:: As a reminder she was not far, AB sent a tendril of light into Maia's thoughts, the light coursing into a simple flower before fading in her mind. It was not meant to distract, but to remind. ::

Tempist Opps
May 25th, 2002, 06:30:03 AM
Listening to her words, he gave her a small smile.

"No, your doing fine. Swordplay is my specialty, against anyone else, you would probably have the advantage at the moment."

Without warning, Tempist sensed a massive shift in the present force energy... a very strong light presence was here, most likley a master. He mentaly shrugged it off, remembering that since he was being very kind (comparativly) to the padiwan, the other jedi would have no reason to attack him... should they, it would contradict their code, and bring them twards the dark side for attacking in cold blood.

"Would you like to have another go?"

Maia Tharrinn
May 29th, 2002, 06:48:23 PM
"Master I have not yet learned enough to defeat or even put up a good fight against this Sith. Tough he is showing me kindness I don't know how long it will last." Maia called out to Amazonbabe.

She cast worried glances at the Sith Tempest. Maia knew she was no match for him at the stage she was at.

"I will try again Tempest." Maia said her mind clearing with the gentle touch of her Master.

Raising her saber she rushed at Tempest. Swinging her saber high she brought it down. He batted it aside with ease. As he did she turned her wrists outward and quickly brought them back around and slammed them in to his mouth.

Tempist Opps
Jun 1st, 2002, 07:48:22 PM
Tempist stumbeled back slightly, with a small smile on his face.

"Good, you're learning." he said to her.

"Your padiwan has gotten a hit in, jedi! Be proud!" he yelled into the distance, twards where her master's force signature was.

He moved in again, and sent one vertical slash her way, and one horizontal imediatley afterwards.