PDA

View Full Version : Are you afraid that...

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 06:40:59 PM
Given the scope and grandeur of the prequels, the OT may pale by comparison? Especially in these HUGE battle sequences and landscapes? I have to admit that I am a little concerned about this. I hope GL thinks of something to say or do in order to calm me!

Nathaniel Nore
May 15th, 2002, 07:38:21 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that it is going to rock...extremely

but come on....the OT is just that ....the original.

a true classic :)

Jedieb
May 15th, 2002, 07:59:59 PM
It's hard to say how all 6 films will age and how they'll compare to one another years from now. But consider this, 25 years from now the prequels, as good as they look now, will look dated. They'll look like what they are then, 25 year old films. Will that cheapen them? I don't think the prequels will ever blow away the OT. I think both sets of films will have their fans, but hopefully they'll go together in a smooth chain. Remember, when the SE's were released, it was the oldest of the 3, the original Star Wars, that outgrossed the newer sequels by a huge margin.

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 08:16:07 PM
I'm just concerned that down the road, we'll look at the huge masterful battle scenes in the prequels and then look at the classics and go "ehn" kind of lacklustre. But you've got a point Jedieb, who knows how we'll look at the prequels 25 years from now. I don't think there's any question though that ANH is the one that resonates the most with the general public, and most probably always will.

Champion of the Force
May 15th, 2002, 09:28:26 PM
Having seen Ep. 2, I don't think so.

For me at least, the OT just has that special charm to them that makes them great. Sure the Prequels are filled with gorgeous scenes and great battles and the like, but that will become part of their charm. :)

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 09:45:11 PM
I'm sure that's the feeling I'll have, actually, I'm positive I'll feel that as entertaining and great as AotC is, it will be just that much less great than ESB.

Jedi Master Carr
May 15th, 2002, 09:55:23 PM
I agree with Jedieb we will have to wait and see how they are seen years from now, it is really impossible to tell.

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 10:00:40 PM
You know JMC, I can't see your sig, can anyone else?

TheHolo.Net
May 15th, 2002, 10:02:59 PM
Doesn't load for me either.

Jedi Master Carr
May 15th, 2002, 10:03:49 PM
Jedieb mentioned that I have no clue what is wrong, the other day I couldn't see it so I checked the image and it was a different name and then I changed it and now only I can see it :huh Any clue why it is doing that.

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 10:10:34 PM
Did you have to do that .txt linking crap? The only thing that I can think of is that you have the URL typed in wrong. Doesn't explain why you can see it though...

Jedi Master Carr
May 15th, 2002, 10:16:10 PM
I know unless it involves my cookies, another possibility, yahoo has just put in new policy saying you have to be a member to view the pics in your briefcase, could that be it?

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 10:19:42 PM
That could be it, you're a member of your briefcase, but the rest of us aren't. :(

Jedieb
May 16th, 2002, 12:59:02 AM
Where to begin,... where to begin...
Having just seen AOTC I'm of the opinion it will fit in quite nicely with the OT, even better than TPM. This was an AMAZING movie!