PDA

View Full Version : Spar?

Shade Magus
May 15th, 2002, 02:06:50 PM
The Jedi Knight entered the training ground and walked over to an area that had become his sparring ground. He walked over and stod leaning on a tree, waiting to see if anyone would notice him standing there, hoping for a spar.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 15th, 2002, 08:59:05 PM
being new to the jedi order Corin came to the sparring grounds to see how good of fighters the jedi really were. he walked up to the man leaning up against the tree.

"hello there, how do you do?"

"is this the place to be if i want some one on one training?"

Shade Magus
May 16th, 2002, 02:22:39 PM
Shade looked at the young man and nodded.

"It is. I myself am waiting on a sparring partner."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 16th, 2002, 02:56:20 PM
"well sir i rarely use my saber for fighting unless i have to, but i'll fight you hand to hand. if you don't want to thats fine i'll just go find someone else. you'd tear me aprt with a saber anyways no competition there."

Shade Magus
May 16th, 2002, 05:36:59 PM
Shade smiled at the guy.

[]"Don't doubt youself in any area. Anyone who can weild a lightsaber and not cut his head off is competition, but hand to hand does sound good. I just want to warn you not to get your hopes up. You chances with a lightsaber may be bad, but hand to hand is even worse....that is unless of course you can use the Force. Can you?"[/i]

imported_Corin Zetith
May 16th, 2002, 07:56:58 PM
"i have very little force training so no i can not use the force, yet. but i am however highly skilled in the arts of many forms of hand to hand combat. i would gladly like to try and best you, and if i lose; well i'm a padawan and losing will only make me stronger and more alert for future competition."

"so will you fight jedi knight Shade Magus?"

Shade Magus
May 17th, 2002, 12:08:08 PM
" I will..........let us begin..."

Shade walked a few feet from the tree and pulled his robe off and threw it next to the tree. He then got into a simple defensive position and stood there.

"Since you are the challenger I will let you attack first, but letme warn you...you are a Jedi Padawan. I may not be your master, but if you listen and watch you may learn a few things, and I will not go easy. You will have to be prepared for anything in the battle field."

Shade let out a deep breath and with it his anger and turmoil and embraced the warmth of the lightside.

"Have at me.."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 18th, 2002, 06:28:52 AM
"I wish you the best of luck sir (like you need it)."

Corin crossed his arms over his chest and bowed in a jindao warrior's salute.

Corin breathed in deeply smelling the fresh morning air. he vaguely felt his oponent merge with the living force around him and wished he could do the same. however he didnt come here expecting to actually win in the first place. he came here to get the living @#$% beaten out of him and he might as well start it. he crouched in a dragon's ball, remembering everything Shada had tought him about the fight (which he doubted would really help him today but he had to start somewhere). he leaped at his opponent with a high roundhouse kick that was meant for his upper chest.

Shade Magus
May 18th, 2002, 09:31:49 AM
Shade brought his left arm up and blocked the roundhouse. He then pushed back to the left and threw his right arm into Corin's chest, making sure to hold off on the strength of the blow.

"Don't make attack straight forward. Try and confuse your opponent. Act on instinct and not training. This way it will be harder for me to read your moves."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 19th, 2002, 01:17:13 AM
Corin took the force of the blow full in his chest and went sailing backward into the tree he slammed against it and felt the pain. fell to the ground and rolled back to his feet with a summersault. he did the same roundhouse technique as before except this time before he came to hit his adversary his foot dropped suddenly for Shade's shins.

Shade Magus
May 19th, 2002, 09:05:10 AM
Sade prepared for the roundhouse, but had little time to bringup his leg to block the change in the attack. The Force was the only thing that saved him.

"Good...just keep it up like that and you'll get it in no time."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 19th, 2002, 11:35:36 AM
Corin did a backflip to get himself farther away from shade he followed Shada's instructions, dont always go on the offensive; surprise is good but it is also wise to let your ooponent deside the next play in the game! Corin braced himself trying to keep himself on the alert for any sudden movements from Shade.

Shade Magus
May 19th, 2002, 11:53:34 AM
Shade smiled and Force somersaulted over Corin's head. He then brought his foot up and back kicked.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 19th, 2002, 12:08:25 PM
Corin was ready, yet not ready enough. he turned to face shade as he somersaulted over and took the kick square in the chest sending him tumbling to the ground gasping for air.

he got back up slowly and readied himself again. sweat was pouring down his face in tiny rivulets and he knew he wasn't a match. yet still he pressed on determined to not give up 'til he could no longer put forth the effort to rise again. his chest ached, and his muscles were screaming with pain. he advanced using a series of lethal jindao chops and punches in quick succesion aiming for Shade's chest and abdomen.

Shade Magus
May 19th, 2002, 12:16:36 PM
Shade moved with grace and speed that were almost unparalled by most species without the use of the Force. For the most part, he blocked or parried the attacks, but once in awhile a shot got through. Soon his arms and chest were stinging with pain though.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 19th, 2002, 12:30:15 PM
[I]Corin was starting to get extremely tired and didnt know if he could stand much more. but he had to it would only help him later in his training. he stopped his onslaught and backed away again composing and reading himself for the next move.

Shade Magus
May 19th, 2002, 12:43:09 PM
When Corin stepped back he walked right into Shade. Shade had used the Force to amplify his speed and he was right behind Corin. When he turned to face Shade, he was knocked back two feet. Shade put his hand down. He had Force pushed the man backwards.

Shade then brought his foot back a little ran at Corin. He uppercutted Corin in the stomach. He then pushed him back onto a Force wall. It was't strong, but it was a start. He then began t throw volleys of punches and kicks at Corin. his speed and his strength were both amplified by the Force.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 19th, 2002, 12:50:24 PM
completely taken by surprise Corin feebly tried to block but to no avail. he took blow after blow in the stomach, barely breathing because each time he did another punch knocked it right back out.

Shade Magus
May 20th, 2002, 12:01:56 PM
Shade stopped with his fist an inch from Corin's face.

"You did well for standing up to a Jedi knight for so long."

Shade then opened his hand to offer Corin some help up.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 20th, 2002, 04:17:03 PM
Corin wiped the blood from his mouth that had escaped it (why did he have to be so crazy!?).Corin looked up at the offered hand and smiled with pride at the compliment given to him about his fighting,from a jedi knight!

"Thank you! I cant wait to actually start my training with a master, it has been my life-long dream to be a jedi.

Shade Magus
May 20th, 2002, 06:14:27 PM
Shade smiled and pulled the young man up.

"I am sre, but you'll never get there, if you fight like that. You must choose your fights wisely. Remember, I am a Jedi Knight and I will have mercy, but a Sith Knight or even a Sith Disciple for that matter will not."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 20th, 2002, 06:55:28 PM
corin shook his head in understanding.

"you also must remember sir that i knew i was in for a beating the moment i stepped into these sparring grounds. im learning and have no real intention of running off after a sith knight as experienced as yourself and offering him battle. i was ready for the pain. it can only make me stronger. beleive me i learned from a master (Shada Dou'kal) and it was not easy."

Corin laughed and shook his hand again.

"thank you again sir for the training and i hope to see you soon. maybe when i am farther along in my training we may spar again with an actual lightsaber. until such a time i wish you the best of luck and commend you on your excellent fighting skills. see you around."

w/that corin slowly got his things together and limped away to find some ice packs.