PDA

View Full Version : How many 'Bond' films are coming out this year?

Darth23
May 15th, 2002, 09:19:54 AM
Let's see there's

*Die Another Day (the James Bond Movie)

*Austin Powers 3 (The pseudo British parody Bond)

*Undercover Brother (the Blaxploitation Bond Movie)

*XXX (The X-treme sports - PWT Bond movie)

*Bad Company (the Urban Contemporary Bond movie)

You could add

*Sum of All Fears (the Yuppie CIA Analyst Bond movie)

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 09:27:22 AM
You know, I've seen the trailers for all of them, but I never put it together that there are that many secret agent movies coming out. I guess it's easy to make a movie about the coolest job in the world! ;)

Super Wookiee
May 15th, 2002, 10:00:22 AM
I thought the coolest job in the world was being the future Darth Vader

Admiral Lebron
May 17th, 2002, 05:57:16 PM
Undercover brother looks good. And I thought the coolest job in the world would be being George Lucas or one of his kids?

NeuroMortis
May 17th, 2002, 05:58:42 PM
XXX.

Drove that 'vette off the Forest Hill bridge, 1 mile from my house.

It's a, ahem, high bridge.

17 camera setup.

Bring it, baby.

Darth23
May 17th, 2002, 07:01:45 PM
Originally posted by Darth23
Let's see there's

*Die Another Day (the James Bond Movie)

*Austin Powers 3 (The pseudo British parody Bond)

*Undercover Brother (the Blaxploitation Bond Movie)

*XXX (The X-treme sports - PWT Bond movie)

*Bad Company (the Urban Contemporary Bond movie)

You could add

*Sum of All Fears (the Yuppie CIA Analyst Bond movie)

I forgot to list:

*Spy Kids (pre-teen/ family Bond movie)

*Men In Black (Extraterrestrial Secret Government Agency Bond Film) - thsi one's a bit of a stretch.

JonathanLB
May 18th, 2002, 01:06:06 AM
Yes maybe MIB2 is a bit of a stretch, but you are right, not Spy Kids. That is totally James Bond for kids...

Wow, lol, talk about copycats.

Nobody can outdo the real James Bond, though. Not in quality. Maybe at the box office. Bah, whatever.

Champion of the Force
May 18th, 2002, 02:08:58 AM
Nobody can outdo the real James Bond, though.
But what is the real James Bond? Remember, we have 5 Bonds to choose from (6 if you want to include the Bond from Ian Fleming's books). :)

Wine Marisinthe
May 18th, 2002, 02:21:18 AM
Sean Connery.

Then maybe Pierce.

I guess they're pretty much it.

JonathanLB
May 18th, 2002, 06:07:57 PM
I think Pierce Brosnan is a better Bond. He more looks the part than Connery ever did, even though I personally grew up with Connery and loved his films. They are both the only true Bond's, although I just prefer Brosnan. He IS Bond to me, whereas Connery is just a good impersonator, hehe. Doesn't matter which came first, anyway, the books don't say, "James Bond (aka Sean Connery)," they say James Bond. So perhaps in the future an EVEN BETTER James Bond will arrise, I am open to the possibility, but I just doubt it.

Admiral Lebron
May 18th, 2002, 09:52:45 PM
I liked moonraker. Though Moore wasn't that gooda bond. Connery or Pierce is whom I'd chose.

JMK
May 18th, 2002, 09:58:23 PM
I'd have to say I like Connery the best. Brosnan is second (He will always be Remington Steele and the boyfriend from Mrs. Doubtfire to me) and Moore is 3rd. The others are lame imitations that were lucky they were able to land the role. It would have been nice if they could have casted Brosnan as Bond in the Dalton days, then there would be alot more people saying Brosnan IS bond.