PDA

View Full Version : Official AOTC viewings thread

Pages : [1] 2

Jedieb
May 15th, 2002, 07:55:47 AM
It's simple, every time you get back from a theatrical viewing of AOTC you post a quick note here. Some of you lucky bastards will get to see AOTC multiple times certain days. At the end of the day you just post how many tickets you bought and the times if you're so inclined. If you're lucky enough to see AOTC for free then you can still post it, but you should make some kind of note that it wasn't a paid admission.

Simple, eh?:)

CMJ
May 15th, 2002, 08:30:02 AM
I came up with a lame excuse to tell work. I have tommorrow off...so I will see it opening day afterall(provided I can get a ticket, hopefully they're not all sold out). ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 15th, 2002, 08:46:17 AM
Hopefully you get in, avoid the Mann though, I saw it on CNN and the line is really long (150 people already) I am sure there are plenty of theaters though that won't be sold out until the time of the showing.

tigerbytes
May 15th, 2002, 08:50:40 AM
The movie was great! The only problem that I had was that it did not stick close to the book in certain areas, it left out key parts that really related to the entire story line of the movie. Just my opinion.:smokin BTW - Yoda is the baddest of them all, the fight scene is just fantastic!:lol
Enjoy the movie because I did.

Jedieb
May 16th, 2002, 01:33:13 AM
Viewing #1
5/16
12:01 AM

I can't wait to start reading the novelization tomorrow!

BUFFJEDI
May 16th, 2002, 01:57:37 AM
Viewing number 1

05/16/02 amc of Mooresville N.C

99 to go

Figrin D'an
May 16th, 2002, 02:44:31 AM
First viewing:
5/16/02, 12:01 AM

Marcus Cinemas Westown: UltraScreen Theater
Waukesha, WI

Quadinaros
May 16th, 2002, 01:21:18 PM
First viewing:

5/16/02 11:40 AM

These are happy times.
:crack :crack :crack :crack :crack :crack

Doc Milo
May 16th, 2002, 02:52:41 PM
Viewing #1 10:00 AM.

Viewing #2 to be at 7:30PM.

JonathanLB
May 16th, 2002, 03:30:12 PM
I will do today's just in case I am not here later. Oh tomorrow's first one too, may as well.

I will admit I didn't go to the 10 a.m. showing, I was beat, I want to enjoy it, not sleep through it. I gave the tickets to my mom, the house manager, and the maintenance dude, all of whom were very happy to see the film! So I felt they went to good use.

#1: 12:01 a.m. Evergreen Parkway 13 auditorium 7

#2: 4:20 p.m. Evergreen Parkway 13

#3 10:45 p.m. Evergreen Parkway 13

#4 4:20 p.m. Evergreen Parkway 13

Jedi Master Carr
May 16th, 2002, 04:41:15 PM
1 1:10 Regal 20 Augusta, GA

darth_mcbain
May 16th, 2002, 05:02:12 PM
#1 5/16 12:01 AM Cinemark Carefree Powers

#2 5/16 10:00 AM Cinemark Carefree Powers

#3 5/16 1:30 PM Cinemark Carefree Powers

JediBoricua
May 16th, 2002, 05:25:55 PM
#1 5/16 Midnight EST Caribbean Cinemas: Plaza Las Americas

#2 5/16 2:20 ES Caribbean Cinemas: Plaza Las Americas

CMJ
May 16th, 2002, 05:30:26 PM
#1 The Vista 5/16 12:45PM

BUFFJEDI
May 16th, 2002, 05:47:57 PM

amstar(not amc) Mooresville Nc (race city USA)

And I can HONESTLY say it was better each time:rollin :rollin :rollin

Quadinaros
May 16th, 2002, 07:55:23 PM
#2 5/16/2002 6:20PM

:D :D :D :D

BUFFJEDI
May 16th, 2002, 09:31:04 PM
#4 at Amstar mooresville NC

better and better!!!

you know something, Nat Portman is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HunterJodoKast
May 16th, 2002, 09:52:12 PM
Viewing #1 12:00pm PST
5/16

Viewing #2 3:20pm PST
5/16

Doc Milo
May 16th, 2002, 10:04:08 PM
Just came back from #2 -- 5/16 7:30PM -- United Artists, Westbury Stadium.

dbn
May 16th, 2002, 11:11:22 PM
Viewing #1. Kenai. Alaska. had to drive 82 miles to see it, and it was worth the drive damn it!!

Getting ready for 2 and 3 at the same place before Monday:))))

JonathanLB
May 17th, 2002, 03:06:19 AM
Nice going dude, haha, you are die hard :)

82 miles, wow. Our fanbase is THE BEST. Nobody else waits 5 months outside theaters to see the newest movie and lines for the next Star Trek movie start like 2 hours early max, not 12 hours early everywhere at least, lol.

dbn
May 17th, 2002, 05:16:49 AM
haha thanks, you rock as well:)

if only I can put my gas money into the boxoffice numbers, so we can sink a movie that has been number one way too long!!

I agree with you whole hartedly that we are the best fans in the world, because not only we do as you just posted, also kept out saga alive after 25 years!!

Anyways, happy viewing everybody, lets put this mother over the top, and get titanic out of the number one spot once and for all!!

I do know my count will really go up once attack of the clones make it into town here, but I would have to wait about a month or so. lol!!

Jedieb
May 17th, 2002, 08:50:24 AM
Star Trek lines? I thought the only ticket lines they've ever have are for refunds? ;)
(Just kidding of course, but it may have actually been true for the one Shatner directed.)

JonathanLB
May 17th, 2002, 03:19:44 PM
ROFL!!! Nice eb.

Yeah I wanted a refund badly after the last one. I was actually a huge fan of First Contact. That movie made a significant impression on me, or it made me realize that not ALL Star Trek is bad. I thought it was a well done, very fun film with great music and impressive visuals and a story that I could follow without actually knowing much about Star Trek. Well done, I say.

A friend asked me if I'll really make it to 50 viewings this time or more, and I admit that's a tall order and I was at first thinking, "Man... I just don't know. I may not do it." But then at my third viewing I realized what it is that kept me going viewing after viewing. I started thinking and said to myself, "You know, I do not have any lines in this movie memorized!" So basically after my first 5 viewings I try to start doing that a bit, but then there is the matter of spotting easter eggs, and besides that, I pay attention to the music so I can identify any part of the music with an exact part of the film. Then the plot always gains relevancy after I discuss it with other fans.

I figure we each see such a small fraction of what there is to notice in AOTC, then when we come together and discuss, we notice more and have to see it more. That's what happened to me with TPM, anyway. I noticed a lot of things in my 3rd viewing that made me feel kinda stupid for not seeing earlier, but I blame it on being tired :)

I'm actually going to have to go to a showing right now, because if I don't go take a shower, workout, and eat like right now I'm not going to get a good seat to this 4:20 showing at all, hehe. I gotta put that "AOTC count" thing in my signature...

darth_mcbain
May 17th, 2002, 03:36:33 PM
#4 5/17 10:00 AM Cinemark Carefree Powers

Jedieb
May 17th, 2002, 04:01:29 PM
Jedieb
#2 5/17 10:30 PM
I don't know if I'll have time to post this later tonight so I'm doing it now. After dinner with friends I'm taking the wife to see it. The kids are with my in-laws so taking her tonight lets me scam another viewing next weekend when I take the boy. Clever eh?:cool

Admiral Lebron
May 17th, 2002, 04:38:41 PM
Veiwing #1 7:00 PM, 5/16 drove 30 miles through DC traffic.. ick

JMK
May 17th, 2002, 04:45:56 PM
#2 at 3:00pm friday.

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2002, 07:14:58 PM
#5 mooresville ( amstar)

the people at the theater already are calling me a FREAK!! they see me coming and roll there eye's.

one of the ladies behind the food counter made the remark about she knew it was me when the buzz about the SW geek was back.I thinking itwas because I was well you know HOT!!/BUFF got the big head and said Yeah ! not many guy's like me come and see STAR WARS alot she Looks at me rolls her eyes and Say's

your no Hayden Christian !!!(not exact But close to what she said)

YIKes !!! SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you know for some reason it didn't bother me one bit!!!

sirdizzy
May 17th, 2002, 08:40:13 PM
3 so far

JonathanLB
May 17th, 2002, 09:30:48 PM
I have some stiff competition here with you, Buff. You are ahead of me by one, hehe.

You know I get a kick out of this. No Jedi is as powerfull as me, not even you! :)

lol, j/k.

I forgot how much fun it is to have a SW movie in theaters and be competing with all of the other fans for viewing counts. Best of all, it is wonderful competition because it encourages more ticket sales, hehe, so nobody loses. You can't lose. AOTC can't lose, either ;)

You do us proud, Buff. I like seeing the SW fans who are not total nerds, too, it helps our cause. Makes us look more normal, haha. I am a pretty normal guy but obviously I lean towards the nerdy side, being into the Internet and all. I was joking with a fan in line the other day that the reason we have trouble getting the girls into theaters for the SW films is because none of the SW fans have girlfriends, so we can't take 'em to see the new movies ;) Haha, I am just kidding, though, I know that's not true. But it is more true of Star Trek, yikes.

I will add my viewing for tomorrow, the first one, because I already bought a ticket and will certainly go. I am going to try to get into the 10:45 showing (final of the day) tomorrow also, but when I got this ticket they said they were nearly totally sold out of the showing, so it makes me worry about possibly having every single showing for Saturday sold out before I get to the theater tomorrow...(?!).

#5: 1:10 p.m. Evergreen Parkway (still stuck in Auditorium 7 each time, which is fine -- it's the main one, but I'm anxious to see the other auditoriums because perhaps they got the sound a bit louder).

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2002, 09:42:21 PM
Thanks Jon :) :) YOU!! do us proud with your never say DIE starwars attitude,never let go of that.

But, BUFF be nerd in different way :D SW nerds RUlE!!!!!

I as well LOVE it when another fan out there topping another's viewing record Like you said NOONE lose's.I'll miss all of saturday (gotta get some yard work done (Might catch Late viewing) but doubt it :( . I told myself if I love this movie I will See it a 100 times at the theater But as time goes as money does I'll slow down until it hits the dollar theaters .What I really love about seening it alot is noticeing things I missed the times before.One bad thing is The theaters around here have plain jane tickets stubs NO fancy starwars stubs:( it just has starwars/ time ' date nothing else.

jjwr
May 17th, 2002, 11:24:12 PM
#2 5/17 9:30pm, went to a Hoyts Cinema, nice big theatre, tons of people. Great reactions from the Yoda scene...great stuff.

I doubt I'll go see it again until a few weeks from now.

Quadinaros
May 18th, 2002, 12:01:04 AM
#3 9:40 PM 5/17

Best crowd yet. I knew we were gonna have fun when they cheered the Matrix preview! :lol

Figrin D'an
May 18th, 2002, 07:17:06 PM
Second viewing:
5/16/02, 6:30 PM

Marcus Cinemas Westown: UltraScreen Theater
Waukesha, WI

(sorry, i was so busy on Friday and early today that I forgot to post this!)

Viewing #3 will be tomorrow, though. :)
I'll get there really early, and be first in line again... I think the theater staff will start to recognize me... lol

Marcus Telcontar
May 18th, 2002, 07:21:56 PM
1st Viewing!

Old style theatre in Wellington New Zealand, 9:15am. Bloody place was FULL. AT 9:15 am!!!!!!

Jinn Fizz
May 18th, 2002, 07:38:13 PM
Oops, I'd missed this thread before, need to catch up....

Showing #1 - 5/16 7:00pm Edwards Cinema Screen #3

Showing #2 - 5/17 11:00am Edwards Cinema Screen #6

Showing #3 - 5/17 7:30pm Edwards Cinema Screen #10

I'd love to fit in one more viewing this weekend, but it just ain't gonna happen, I have too many things to do before I go back to work on Monday. But I'll definitely be seeing it again next weekend. :)

JonathanLB
May 18th, 2002, 08:54:13 PM
#6 is tonight at 10:45, Evergreen Parkway, still auditorium 7 (the only screen I've seen it on, but it's playing on two others, lol, I'll get to them soon).

Am I in the lead yet? Hehe. I'll get one in on Sunday, but I gotta watch the final X-Files episode ever so I am only going once.

I will continue seeing it at least once a day here for a while. I'll never NOT go see it at least once in a weekend, though, not while I am in town, which is most of the entire summer spare one weekend. I'll be there in support.

Jedieb
May 18th, 2002, 09:32:57 PM
Why don't we rename the thread;
"The battle between buff and Jon!"

JonathanLB
May 18th, 2002, 09:39:01 PM
Well McBain seemed to be in the running too, we are tied now I think, but I'll get my 6th in very soon now.

I was amazed they added a midnight showing Saturday... lol. I mean, yeah I guess there will be some teens there, but that is late!!! Opening day of course was different, but it's a long film with 20 minutes of ads at my theater, so that'd put you home at about 3 a.m. at the earliest, maybe to bed in the next 20 to 30 minutes, that's a late night. I stay up that late usually myself, but.. I'm weird like that :)

I hope Buff makes it to 100, haha, how cool would that be? Only I'd be forced to do that too, LOL, grr... Don't know if I can manage it.

BUFFJEDI
May 18th, 2002, 10:15:58 PM
:)

I don't know, Jon can get down and dirty when he wants to.And Mc BAIN he 's the silent type(kind of creepy);) . So he may sneak in a few viewing's without saying:grumble

But I can say I'm all set for #6 and #7 tom.

But I may have to skip #7 until mon. We are having a church function on sun/today .

But I'm off mon. and I will get #8 if it kills me O_o

JonathanLB
May 18th, 2002, 10:46:38 PM
This competition is definitely going to be fun, then. I'll be through 7 tomorrow also, and I'll see it Monday too (I want to be part of THE BIGGEST MONDAY GROSS EVER FOR A NON-HOLIDAY -- mark my words).

I'll see ya in line ;) I'm headed out, late, to see my 10:45 showing.

I think I might intentionally sit front row. I'm getting sick of being cramped in, to be honest, and even if I have to sit in a crappy front seat at least my legs have tons of room...

The way I sit is basically all slumped down in my seat because I like my head to be leaning against something, i.e. the back of the seat, but our theater doesn't have the seats go tall at all so you have to slump down. But then your legs, if they are as long as mine, hit the seat in front of you, UGG.

Yes, I love SW being sold out each showing, it rocks, but at the same time it's easier to get viewings in when you're one of like 30 people in the theater, not 250.

dbn
May 18th, 2002, 11:17:33 PM
HAHA!! I will do my part on monday, I hope you are right:)

Viewing #2. Kenai. Alaska.

imported_QuiGonJ
May 18th, 2002, 11:59:35 PM
My viewings for the weekend:

#1. 12:01AM 5/16 Burbank
#2. 10:20AM 5/16 Universal City in DLP
#3. 07:00PM 5/16 Santa Maria
#4. 11:00AM 5/17 Santa Maria
#5. 07:20PM 5/17 Santa Maria
#6. 06:20PM 5/18 Universal City in DLP

Yep, worthy film this is.... a worthy film.

JonathanLB
May 19th, 2002, 03:06:45 AM
Dang, QuiGonJ, you are a worthy adversary here too. You guys blow me away. Dang we have a die-hard fanbase. Man Trekkies may dress up more, but they have nothing on us!

6 viewings in the first weekend plus opening day, man oh man, that's pretty stunning.

I just can't pull away! :)

I'm glad you like the film, too, QuiGonJ.

Next time, for Episode III, I'm going to see the movie in all 50 states :) Haha, j/k. That'd be cool, though.

Dutchy
May 19th, 2002, 03:32:58 AM
Geez, you guys are crazy. :p

I've seen it once. :)

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 10:30:11 AM
I saw it the midnight showing, then a 7:45pm showing later that day @ Downtown Disney in California. I haven't had the chance to see it in theaters again... yet. :(

Nathaniel Nore
May 19th, 2002, 10:46:32 AM
Since thursday I have seen it 3 times...

1. 12:30 am Thursday
2. 7:00 pm Thursday
3. 10:15 pm Saturday

and I plan to see it plenty more times in theatre :)

JonathanLB
May 19th, 2002, 06:47:18 PM
#7: Evergreen Parkway, Auditorium 1 (finally, a different one! Front row is horrible torture, though, I forgot how bad that is when you are already kinda tired).

BUFFJEDI
May 19th, 2002, 10:22:56 PM
#6 and #7

I'm really glad I'm doing this because I truely love this film.Because no MATTER how many times anyone see's AOTC , They are HELL BENT on NOT letting AOTC be #1 (after the dust clears) Let alone beat Spiderman.I want to Know WHO counts the Tally and How/WHY they are fixing Numbers .

CMJ
May 19th, 2002, 10:25:13 PM
*sigh*

C'mon Buff, don't pull a 3167 on us.

BUFFJEDI
May 19th, 2002, 10:28:31 PM
I sware !! i'm trying not to :) Like I said I have not the mental knowledge/writing ability to do so , BUT DANG there is something strange even I see it , and If I can see it ,there is something going on.:crack

JonathanLB
May 19th, 2002, 10:30:39 PM
Yeah, lol, seriously. Nobody is trying to think up ways to screw over Star Wars, well, except maybe the Rotten Tomatoes staff ;) Haha, j/k

If AOTC is meant to beat Titanic, Spider-Man, or whatever else, it will do so. If the people show up, the box office grosses will prove what the will of the Force is. :)

"Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now."

CMJ
May 19th, 2002, 10:31:20 PM
I don't see anything that starnge about AOTC's figures. Those numbers are frickin' amazing!! So what if they aren't as good as Spidey's opening...it had 1500 MORE screens!

As far as the webslinger holding up so well, it is odd to me. Of course I've seen several packed theatres that WEREN'T showing AOTC, so those people have to be watching SOMETHING. ;)

BUFFJEDI
May 19th, 2002, 10:35:49 PM
I'll not say anything about the BOX OFFICE .(so CMJ won't hurt me)

But to say NO One is trying to srew AOTC is false. Heck Look at those idiots calling it Racist, If that ain'y trying to screw with something than I'll eat my dumbell's:D

JonathanLB
May 19th, 2002, 10:39:27 PM
They are not trying to screw over SW, they just probably like to hit whatever is the biggest at the time. It's just normal for a few people to rebel against whatever is big. It's human nature, I suppose.

AOTC's opening numbers are very impressive, enough so that I think we have a great shot at getting to #2 all time, if this movie is as well-received as it seems to be. CinemaScore ratings higher than TPM (in all but one age group), which had wonderful staying power, and apparently most people really enjoying it!

JMK
May 19th, 2002, 11:38:05 PM
Just got in from #3 and the theater which seats probably 400 was just about full, save for the front 5 rows which were empty. Actually, the lower section (where I was) was basically empty which means the theater was about 60-70% full.

JonathanLB
May 20th, 2002, 12:04:23 AM
Wow, not bad for that time!

I agree with Fox's estimates... 11% decline Sunday seems pretty realistic, as TPM was about 10.2%. I don't see that being any different with AOTC.

Then again, personally I don't see the staying power being much different either, call me crazy... Time will tell.

Doc Milo
May 20th, 2002, 12:54:31 AM
Viewing number three came as a surprise. My fiance's daughter wanted to go to the movies tonight -- and I said, okay, pick a movie. She ended up not wanting to go see AotC at first, but then when she looked up what movies were playing, what movies she saw, she said, "Let's go see Star Wars." So, number 3 in the bag -- 8:45 showing Westbury Stadium.

JonathanLB
May 20th, 2002, 03:17:26 AM
Very nice, good going!!! :)

Quadinaros
May 20th, 2002, 07:10:47 AM
#4 and #5 on Sunday.

I probably won't see it again until Friday night. :(

Darth23
May 20th, 2002, 10:22:03 AM
Ok, I don't want to fuel the Conspiracy talk, BUT.....

I went by the theater Firday night ot see what moves were sold out - and there was no crowd and nothing was listed as a sell out. Star Wars was mostly sold out, but aparently when people can't find a good seat, and they come out to get their money back, those seats are not sold to anyone else. They don't list as Sell Outs on the big board, because there are seats available.

But those seats aren't for sale again. Isn't that weird? I've been by the theater beofre and seen lots of movies listed as being sold out.

So there are available seat going unsold.

-------------

On the other hand when I went to see the movie on Thurday, the movie had been moved to a bigger theater than the one listed on my tickets (I bought the tickets Tuesday) - so they are difinitely trying to sell as many tickets as possible.

Darth23
May 20th, 2002, 10:24:57 AM
FOT the record I don't think there's any conspiracy.

Apparently Star Wars gets a lot g crap dumped on it because it's 'number one' which is weird considering the Fact that Titanic is in first place by quite a bit.

I suppose that since every Star Wars movie has been a huge financial success - no More American Graftti's or Aliens 4's there (so far) - so the saga is seen as top dog.

JediBoricua
May 20th, 2002, 11:46:34 AM
#3 Past Saturday, payed half price because it was my cousin's birthday and we had separated the screen for the 2:20 show.

Figrin D'an
May 20th, 2002, 09:06:50 PM
Viewing #3
11:30 AM, 5/20/02
Marcus Westown UltraScreen Cinema

Today was interesting... I arrived at the theater at about 11 AM, and saw only about 20 cars in the parking lot. When I got into the theater, there were maybe 30 people or so already seated, so getting a good spot was no problem. I thought that it would be a pretty sparse crowd, but in the last 15 minutes before the film started, people started to pour into the theater. By the time the film started, the 500+ seat theater was a little more than 3/4 full... not bad for a early Monday showing.

JonathanLB
May 20th, 2002, 10:43:52 PM
#8 at 1:10 p.m. with a friend, Mike, at Evergreen Parkway auditorium 7 -- sold out showing (100 out of 250 tickets were purchased by a high tech company in the area, apparently).

Quay Desada
May 20th, 2002, 11:17:54 PM
Viewing #4 at 12:15pm 5/20
Viewing #5 at 3:50pm 5/20

This movie keeps getting better and better with each showing. I love it. The Star Wars tale really moves by leaps and bounds in a very realistic fashion.

DJK

dbn
May 21st, 2002, 05:12:10 PM
Viewing #3. Kenai. Alaska. 5/20 7:05pm.
It was 90% full!

Doc Milo
May 21st, 2002, 09:30:34 PM
Viewing number four done. Same place as previous three. Much better seats than viewings two and three.

BUFFJEDI
May 21st, 2002, 09:59:21 PM
#8 is in the book same /same. The place was all but packed the 730 I know was sold out:) :) :) :) :) :) they had better get the Tuesday tally right, They freaked up Monday's:(

off tomorrow going for 9 and 10 :)

glad pay day is Thursday

Lilaena De'Ville
May 22nd, 2002, 12:53:29 AM
#1 at AMC in Torrance, 12:01 am May 16th. :D First in line. Yay!

#2 at the AMC in Downtown Disney, 6:15 pm May 16th.

Interestingly enough, my ticket for the midnight showing says May 15th on it. o_O

#3 will most likely be tomorrow. I hope!!

JonathanLB
May 22nd, 2002, 01:01:46 AM
I will be at #9 at 1:10 Wednesday.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 22nd, 2002, 11:49:45 AM
:lol Too bad I'm at work, I'd drop by and go to the same showing as you. I have to wait until after 3pm though. :(

Jedieb
May 24th, 2002, 12:56:43 PM
Viewing #3
10:30 AM - Valley View Grande

I will not engage in conspiracy talk, I will not engage in conspiracy talk, I will not.....

JonathanLB
May 24th, 2002, 01:37:05 PM
Yeah seriously. Every showing is still sold out yet the grosses are dropping. Must be some weird state that none of us live in or something ;)

Jedieb
May 24th, 2002, 05:40:35 PM
Here's a quick update of where everybody's at and in the order they started posting.

Jedieb 1,2,3
Ravishing Jedi 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,
Figrin D'an 1,2,3
Quadinaros 1,2,3,4,5,
Doc Milo 1,2,3,4
JonathanLB 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Jedi Master Carr 1,
Darth McBain 1,2,3,4,
JediBoricua 1,2,3
CMJ 1
Dark Jodo Kast 1,2,
dbn 1,2,3
Admiral Lebron 1
JMK 1,2,3
sirdizzy 1,2,3,
jjwr 1,2,
Marcus Q'Dunn 1

If your count is wrong it's probably because I only counted confirmed viewings, not planned ones. I think it's a two horse race. To spice things up I suggest we shoot the one that comes in second. That would REALLY inspire our top two contenders, don't ya think? ;)

CMJ
May 24th, 2002, 08:07:49 PM
Viewing #2 - 3:45 The Vista.

The theatre was about 20% full...kinda disappointing(though the crowd was really into the flick). But when I walked outside I saw a theatre forming for the night showing...so perhaps I just hit a dead time slot.

Quadinaros
May 25th, 2002, 12:47:44 AM
Viewing #6
My first Digital viewing at the Star theater in Southfield, MI. I drove 80 miles to see it. :rollin

5/24 10:30PM

Sold out, of course, and a very enthusiastic crowd. Good times. :D

dbn
May 25th, 2002, 04:00:02 AM
Glad to see that I am not the only one that has to drive 80 miles to watch Attack of the Clones....

Jedieb
May 25th, 2002, 07:18:24 AM
I'd like to take in a digital viewing, but despite there being a digital theater in VA., it's still a 3 hour drive. :(

BUFFJEDI
May 25th, 2002, 09:49:33 AM
well #9 #10 in th ebooks thursday BUT had to leave early for work on 10.(# 10 at the NASTY theater in Statesville)

#11 and #12
in the books friday.

will do #13 today

WILL NOT get in to CONSPIRACY(for fear of CMJ) But as stated by some , The theater I was at was full, The ON ALL accounts . 2 of the showing was sold out 1 about 80 percent.and the one in Statesville 70 % full (which is AWESOME for that place.And these are in little hick towns, SO PLEASE!!!!! someone explain such low tallies at the end of the day NATION WIDE ???????

In other news, I ravishing/buffjedi am Spearheading a a crusade to get any and ALL people I can to see AOTC.I have already gotten 10 people from work to go see it.And they either LOVED IT or thought it was worth watching.Keep in mind these women like NOTHING!!!!I also have been telling EVERY paitence I can to go see it.EVen got one doctor interrested in it :).I think what really caught there attention was when I was talking about adding OBI-WAN to my middle name :) :) :).

CMJ
May 25th, 2002, 09:53:03 AM
For fear of me?? LOL..am I a tyrant? I'm no Palpatine, I assure you.

BUFFJEDI
May 25th, 2002, 10:07:57 AM
long live the TYRANT!! Oh oppss I mean CMJ:evil ;)

flagg
May 25th, 2002, 04:17:29 PM
I hope everyone went to see AOTC again today for the 25th anniversary of Star Wars? :)
I've only seen it twice, once on digital the second time analogue. I have to agree with Ebert - the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired on the regular print. Still loved the film, and it was interesting to see how a regular audience reacted. I think the kids loved it. They were jumping up and pointing during the coolest scenes.

JonathanLB
May 25th, 2002, 05:22:33 PM
Dang, I am losing the viewing battle just as AOTC is losing the box office battle. Sad.

I got to big 1-0 today, #10 viewing at Broadway downtown, and to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the greatest movie of all time, I'm seeing it again tonight with friends :)

So #11 will be at Evergreen again this time, 7:00 p.m. showing or somewhere in that time frame.

I'll make #12 on Monday I imagine.

BUFFJEDI
May 25th, 2002, 07:17:53 PM
13 Officially in the book.

The theater was half full(this was a 5 showing),the crowd was pretty much into it ,and when Yoda came out it got wild.The next viewings were all but sold out 7 showing and the 9 showing.So all I can say to the box office reports is BAHHHH humbug.

imported_QuiGonJ
May 25th, 2002, 08:32:48 PM
#7 in the book in glendale, and oddly enough, I was handed a Spiderman ticket till I complained about it.

I'll go Monday to celebrate 25 years as a Star Wars fan, cause it will be 25 years to the day since I first saw A New Hope and got the novelization. :)

JMK
May 25th, 2002, 08:36:24 PM
You were handed a Spider Man ticket? Hmmm interesting. Did you tell Buff that? Sounds eerily similar to back in '99 when people said they were being issued Austin Powers 2 tickets...

CMJ
May 25th, 2002, 08:44:40 PM
Oh dear lord...not the conspiracy stuff again. *shakes head*

BUFFJEDI
May 25th, 2002, 09:43:39 PM
You see:)

I in 1999 WAS handed another movie ticket DUE to the fact they were out of STARWARS stub's or it was NOT printed right>really cannot remember. You guy's would be surprised about how many Little things like that add up.Of course there are MANY big Things up aswell BUT I'll not talk conspiracy:) I'll just say, do not doubt that there really could be.ANything is possible.

Also Take this a truth or fiction(hey I am Out there) in 99 I was told by a MANAGER that Other movie place's were pocketing money Off of TPM . Basically they would report ENOUGH to keep the studio happy,and Pocket the rest. He himself later admited doing the same thing.Needless to say I so am no longer friends with this creep,Hell he was a helping hand in Keeping Titanic #1;I should have Knocked his lights out.

BTW if I remember correctly(yeah right) I was handed a powers 2 stub.But I cannot sware to it :(

CMJ
May 25th, 2002, 09:48:56 PM
*sigh*

I have no doubt the occasional ticket discrepancy might happen. Hell I remember going to see "Iron Giant" and getting a stub for "American Pie". Sometimes stuff like that happens. I will say I have never once recieved a ticket for another film when I went to see a SW film.

BUFFJEDI
May 25th, 2002, 10:10:44 PM
I know I'm Driving you crazy CMJ(and am Truely sorry for it) But I really just can't get this nagging feeling I'm right about this. We are so drawn to believe what we hear or read in magazine's read in newspapers that it 's like society has forgotten that YOU can't believe everything you see and hear.It's like this , Go to court .You have a judge,you have a cop. The cop has given you a speeding ticket. You were NOT speeding.But you get a Ticket anyway.You tell the judge you were NOT speeding,that the Cop is Lying. The cop say's NO you were speeding, WHY else would he Give you a speeding ticket??. The judge Finds YOU Quilty ALL because the COP is supposed to be BEYOND Lying and and his word is gold. Although there are HUNDERDS of cops caught every day doing bad.I think maybe That does not sound as good as I had thought as I was typing it o_O Oh forget it, I just can't explain it the way I want to to make it make sense.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

CMJ
May 25th, 2002, 10:14:37 PM
Here's the deal buff...for a conspiracy this broad and wide reaching is almost beyond belief. You'd have to have all the theatre's doing it...plus all the other studio's(the studio's tend to montor each other's films if you didn't know)...Fox...and then to top it off Lucas would have to be a moron.

BUFFJEDI
May 25th, 2002, 10:28:39 PM
OK last thing on this I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I will NOT speak THe C word agian.

If Lucas was to go around saying They are messing with my films money intake, Think of the total He11 that would be fall Lucas.

For a conspiracy to reach this broad is ALMOst Beyond believe. That's exactly why it happens.WHO in there right mind would Think that something like that would happen. Who in there right mind would think that someone would CAre enough to do something like that.That's why It happens. Not just money being taken away but numbers being given to other film's to increase there total's.Ok now that, that is off my chest No More :) done ,enough,kaput, fin'e.

CMJ
May 25th, 2002, 10:34:11 PM
I would perhaps listen other than the fact that what would rival studio's help out for? They have no vested in interest in keeping AOTC's numbers "low". You say they're helping so money would be credited to their films? What the hell is the good in that?! They'd have to pay taxes on money they never saw....very intelligent.

As far as Lucas...the man is untouchable. He can make films whenever he wants from the money his sound and visual effects people bring in alone. I mean ILM and Skywalker sound do stuff for EVERYBODY. He wouldn't be scared by the studio's....hell he'd love to take'm on.

BUFFJEDI
May 25th, 2002, 10:55:15 PM
ON Lucas I agree 100% But what I ment was Flake from the press etc.And if the press started talking about Lucas being a whining baby,being greedy, I think the general public would be out to prove a point to the bad guy(lucas). The general public Does believe what they read.

Not fighting what you said just wanted to clear up what I ment to say :)

as far as the tax money goes, they spend Millions to produce things that they Know is going to bomb. So why not try and convince the Public thay have a Great film on there hands and
spice up the totals so they look good.whats a few million in taxes as apposed to looking good and helping there legit projects in the future?( That's a question, Not a conspiracy note) I just really seeing those slick suits doing something that out there, I can also see them ALWAYS trying to out do Lucas so they can Thump there chest and mock him.Although they really have no right.Lucas can do it on his own they cannot for real :)

Can't say the word or not . I can just see those clowns at SONY thinking they have pulled one off and showed Lucas who is Boss:(

BUFFJEDI
May 25th, 2002, 11:23:34 PM
CMJ, for getting on his last good nerve:(

A man was drinking at a bar all night.he relized that it was almost 1 in the morning and had to get home,and had to have a good excuse(he promised his wife he would stop drinking.AS he sat there he thought of a great excuse and ate a breath ment. He got up out of his chair and as soon as he did he fell. he got himself up and fell agian. he did this all the way out the door,falling and getting up.he did it all the way home ,falling and getting up.He finally gets home opens the door and falls in. He looks up at his wife who as staring hatefully down at him.He looks up at her and and smiles and say's honey you will never,She cuts him off, and say's

The bar called, You left your wheel chair there :)

imported_QuiGonJ
May 26th, 2002, 01:49:10 PM
Dunno it's a C thing, but is was odd, and as many casual reports we're getting here and at CCnet about sell out screens, it's odd the numbers aren't reflecting it.

But OTOH, our per screen average should be better than the wall crawler's. :)

Jedieb
May 26th, 2002, 02:51:12 PM
Viewing #4
Valley View Grande 12:30PM
The theater was about 2/3 full. I took my son with me. At 3 1/2 he didn't get as much out of it as if I'd taken him to see Spirit, but he enjoyed it. Two instances in particular come to mind. As soon as the title appeared and the music began playing he read the words "Star Wars! Star Wars" off the screen. With all the merchandise I've got around the house those are two of his first sight words. Then at the end he was a sight to behold. During the entire Yoda fight he was squeling and laughing with delight. I had a blast watching him enjoy that. Then we went to TRU and he chose a Spiderman toy, go figure.

On a depressing side note, I heard a couple of teenage girls talking about AOTC. Both thought it was better than TPM, but one of them downright hated it. Both also thought Spiderman was much better. Silly chicks..:rolleyes

CMJ
May 26th, 2002, 02:53:58 PM
I actually think girls might be one of the reason Spidey is doing so well. From what I've heard girls are really digging the romance between Dunst and Maguire(and actually doing repeat business)...alot more than between Christiansen and Portman.

JonathanLB
May 26th, 2002, 03:19:30 PM
I had a few friends who really hated the dialogue and romance between Dunst and Maguire, yet they didn't mind Hayden and Natalie as much. Specifically, Sean was very unimpressed with Spider-Man and loved Star Wars.

I think the girls probably would like the romance in Spider-Man better, lol. Star Wars isn't about a girl, lol, and Spider-Man is wrong when it says that any good story worth telling is about a girl. My @$$. Star Wars is about much more than any single relationship or event, and it's one helluva lot better than Spider-Man.

Anyway,

#10 and #11 were Saturday. The Sat. showing was sold out obviously, at 7:00.

Evergreen sells out of almost every SW show almost every day. I'd say that theater does better business than nearly any other one in Oregon if you consider what % of their seats actually sell per day. It's such a busy area with a lot of high-class housing and suburban housing in the area, so you have plenty of moviegoers with plenty of money. Saturday I saw they were sold out of many Star Wars showings, ranging from earlier in the day to the 5:20 or something, then my showing was sold out once it started I think. If not, it was very close to sold out.

Evergreen is apparently not representative of the whole of the nation, because they even kept their midnight showing of AOTC on Saturday night, which I thought was really really cool. I think most movies are busier at Evergreen than they are elsewhere.

Jinn Fizz
May 26th, 2002, 03:23:41 PM
Viewing #4 today, Edwards Cinema in Santa Maria, 10am, theater about 1/3 full, almost everyone dead silent except for the one guy in my row who laughed at all the jokes.

Jedieb
May 26th, 2002, 07:46:31 PM
I actually think girls might be one of the reason Spidey is doing so well. From what I've heard girls are really digging the romance between Dunst and Maguire(and actually doing repeat business)...alot more than between Christiansen and Portman.

The Spidey romance is playing MUCH better than the AOTC romance. My wife commented to me today that AOTC wasn't a love story and she didn't understand why Lucas would call it that. Now she doesn't think Spidey is a romance, but she enjoyed that a lot more than AOTC's romance. Then again, she's not a SW fan so what does SHE know?

Figrin D'an
May 26th, 2002, 08:53:14 PM
Viewing #4
9:45 PM, 5/24/02

Viewing #5
3:00 PM, 5/26/02

Both audiences were a bit less 'reactive' than in earlier screenings, but that is to be expected... many more casual movie-goers were out this weekend. There was still a positive reaction to Yoda, and polite applause before and after the film.

Both shows were bascially sold out.

darth_mcbain
May 26th, 2002, 09:18:28 PM
Viewing #5 - 7:00 5/25 Denver Pavilions DIGITAL theater!!!

An awesome experience - the picture was so crisp with the digital theater. There was also a party or something with a whole bunch of people dressed up - there was Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Luke, Leia, Han, Padme, Chewbacca, Sebulba, Yoda, and a couple of green skinned Twi'leks (they actually died themselves green) to name just a few... The crowd was definitely into it - cheering away, altough not so much as on opening weekend.

BUFFJEDI
May 26th, 2002, 09:33:58 PM
#14 in the book , You slackers get on the ball.

It will be about thursday before I go agian:(

JonathanLB
May 27th, 2002, 04:59:13 AM
Well at Evergreen, there was more applause for TPM, I will admit. The media is stupid. Almost everyone, literally ALMOST everyone, loved The Phantom Menace or really enjoyed it. I still witnessed applause on JULY FOURTH WEEKEND, six weeks after the film had opened, and up until that point there was nearly always applause. For AOTC, uhh, well does first weekend count? Besides that, there has not been applause after the film. I think it's almost an inappropriate movie to clap after for general audiences, compared to TPM. After all, it is still a downer ending in many ways if you have any idea what is happening in the film whatsoever, lol, whereas TPM still ends very upbeat (I realize the dark undertones and whatnot are there, and the stage has been set, but all is still well in the SW universe, "mostly"). I think that must be the main deal, because I know that, again, almost everyone likes AOTC more than TPM, so... it just must be one of those things.

14 viewings... hmm... I am lagging behind now, I'll definitely have to go get another viewing in on Monday, for #12, if I can... I will be climbing up there, though.

Jinn Fizz
May 27th, 2002, 03:04:39 PM
Viewing #5 today, 10am, Edwards Cinema in Santa Maria. It was nice to see that the 10 o'clock showing today was noticeably more crowded than the 10 o'clock showing yesterday, and the audience was a little more awake. There was a lot of excited chattering when people were leaving the theater, and I was hearing things like "cool!" and "awesome!" So I think that's a pretty good sign. ;)

flagg
May 27th, 2002, 03:33:26 PM
I actually think AOTC is much more of a crowd-pleaser than TPM, at least when it comes to fans. I saw TPM opening day in Hollywood, and the reaction was strong but not ecstatic. I went to see AOTC opening night in the UK (expecting the crowd to be a lot less excited) and they cheered and applauded throughout the whole movie. The last twenty minutes had people practically jumping out of their seats. I've never seen a reaction like that.
People love this movie, which is what makes the big 2nd week fall so confusing

imported_QuiGonJ
May 27th, 2002, 06:54:24 PM
#8 in at Glendale, on the 25th Anniversary of my first seeing A New Hope. It was the main ampitheater of the Glendale Marketplace 4. Cleanest screen I've seen so far, and while the first three rows were empty, there were only about 30 rows in the theater. :D

There was also quite a line outside for the next showing.

JonathanLB
May 27th, 2002, 08:53:25 PM
Nice, QuiGonJ is right up there now too, 8 viewings is awesome...

"I actually think AOTC is much more of a crowd-pleaser than TPM, at least when it comes to fans."

Oh I very much agree with that. This is the movie fans wanted to see from the beginning, but I knew we wouldn't get it until later because I expected TPM to be a setup part, and I LOVED it. I didn't walk away even just a little bit disappointed, I walked away thinking, oh man... I cannot wait to see that again, and again, and again... and 50 times later... ;)

AOTC is a much more fan-friendly film, but I think TPM is a more audience-friendly movie. It's fairly easy to understand *most* of TPM if you are not a huge Star Wars fan, but understanding AOTC requires knowledge of the other SW films. I am not sure if that has hurt the film or what.

As you said, it is "confusing." I am not so much disappointed as I am literally CONFUSED. Disappointment is more like if Liz said, "I cannot come over this week, but we can get together next week." Oh... ok, dang. Confusion more like, "I don't want to hear from you ever again." Huh...?! lol. With AOTC, it's just pure confusion because I cannot quite pinpoint what exactly happened. I just want to know! I am the type of person who likes being able to understand why what happened, well, happened. If I understand it, I feel like I have mastered that knowledge.

So here is what I saw:

TPM: A- from CinemaScore.
AOTC: A- from CinemaScore (but overall higher ratings with other age groups besides males under 21).

Reviews:
TPM: Mixed, mostly fairly positive but not very positive.
AOTC: Positive, mostly good to great, with notable exceptions in a few major papers and a fair number of mediocre reviews.

Opening weekends compared favorably, with both about the same in actual number of tickets. Fairly similar, at least.

Then we see these mid-week figures that sort of deteriorated and a mediocre hold from first to second weekend. So I just have to wonder... why? Word of mouth is just as good, or better actually, and the comparative openings were similar. So what gives?

I can only guess, whereas usually I feel like I KNOW what is going on (like with Spider-Man, people really enjoyed it, little competition second weekend, America wants a "hero," etc.). With AOTC, I can only guess that maybe the Star Wars fever helped TPM succeed and the massive hype really did help draw people to theaters, but the lack of advertising and overbearing hype this time actually was not a good thing. Maybe the complexity and darkness of the plot made it not as recommendable, even though audiences enjoyed it, they would be less likely to tell their friends they must see it. I don't know, those reasons sound stupid, I am at a loss for explanations.

I'd have rather seen AOTC open to about $60 million for three days and show 20% declines throughout, hehe.

BUFFJEDI
May 30th, 2002, 07:37:02 AM
Has everyone stopped going ??? I'm there two times today.#15 and 16 will fall :)

Doc Milo
May 30th, 2002, 08:44:03 AM
Oops. Forgot to post: Number 5 in the books as of Tuesday. Went with my sister and brother-in-law to the Loews Stonybrook.

Jinn Fizz
May 30th, 2002, 11:14:08 AM
I've been on vacation this week, but I've had stuff to take care of that's been undone for too long, so that's been taking priority. But I'm at least gonna go Sunday, for viewing #6.

Quadinaros
May 30th, 2002, 07:51:01 PM
Monday was #7 for me. In digital in Southfield, MI. I saw it with 8 members of R2-Detroit, a FanForce group based in Detroit. It was a good time. :D

BUFFJEDI
May 30th, 2002, 08:05:12 PM
15 and 16 down.

IF IF IF , the place I was at is any indication,we should see MUCH
higher totals from what we have been seeing:) :) :) :) :) :)

JMK
May 30th, 2002, 10:53:55 PM
I've been in a horrible slump, and literally have not had the time to get out and see it. With coaching, playing, working and the aftermath fatigue, I find it hard these days to get the energy to get up and go. Hopefully I can snap out of it this weekend. :(

BUFFJEDI
May 30th, 2002, 11:01:17 PM
snap into a slim jim!!!!!!!!

god i'm tired:(

JonathanLB
May 31st, 2002, 02:57:53 AM
I took a little AOTC break for a few days, just because I had a few other things to do, but I have to get in a lot more viewings still :) I am nowhere near halfway to where I should be eventually.

#12 was 10:45 p.m. at Evergreen, Thursday.

There were very few people there obviously, actually it was impressive there were about 15 people. I mean, the entire theater was empty basically. I parked right up front, so nobody was there by that time. Not surprising on a Thursday night that late, last showing of the day. It ended just after 1:15. I set a new record in driving home. 1:19 to 1:29, hehe, usually takes me at least 12 minutes ;)

Of course, I broke the speed limit the entire way, but, ehh, you do what you have to if you want to set a record :)

BUFFJEDI
May 31st, 2002, 08:28:04 PM
never guess where I went tonight :) yeah I left work early (I was sick ;) ) and went Agian. # 17 down :)

will go in the miday showing saturday (it's CHEAPER !!!!!)

JMK
May 31st, 2002, 08:43:18 PM
Are you guys all going alone to see AotC? The biggest reason for my slump now is that I don't want to go alone, and all of my friends / family have seen it already and aren't all that interested in going back. Anyone want to come see it with me??:angel

CMJ
May 31st, 2002, 08:47:36 PM
LOL Kyle...no way in hell am I flying across the continent to see a flick with you...no matter how cool you are. ;)

Jinn Fizz
May 31st, 2002, 08:56:37 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Are you guys all going alone to see AotC? The biggest reason for my slump now is that I don't want to go alone, and all of my friends / family have seen it already and aren't all that interested in going back.

First 3 viewings, I was part of a group. Last 2 times I've seen it, I've been alone. I'm not all that fond of going to the movies alone, but I just make myself do it because I really don't have any friends in the area who'd want to go sit through AOTC multiple times. My usual movie-going partner, my mother, hasn't been feeling up to par, so while she wants to see AOTC very much (she's seen the first 4 movies with me in the theaters and doesn't want to miss this one), she's just not up sitting in a theater for two and a half hours just yet. But I do think I've convinced my father to at least consider going with me on Sunday... I've managed to drag him to the other 4 so far, so I don't want to ruin my track record! :lol

JonathanLB
May 31st, 2002, 09:07:29 PM
I think people who don't want to go to movies alone are weird, no offense intended. I mean seriously, you are sitting in a theater presumably WATCHING a movie, not talking to people, why would it matter if you are alone or not? Yeah sure I love going to movies each week during the summer with my best friend, but I have to see plenty of movies alone and it doesn't bother me at all.

I will not let my friends hold me back from seeing AOTC in theaters as many times as I want, nor should anyone else. It's a sad reason and you'll regret it later when you cannot have the luxury of just driving to a theater and catching a brand new Star Wars film.

I have seen AOTC with other people some of the time, like the first time, second time, then one time with Mike, another time with Erik, another time with Ben and his brother, so I think probably 5 times with other people, 7 times alone. I saw TPM most of the time alone, but a surprisingly high number with other people too. Probably 20 to 25 times I went with someone else, out of my 50, but you cannot get your viewing count way up by being like, "Oh gee I am scared of going to the theater alone, I want someone to hold my hand because it's dark in there!"

lol, j/k, but seriously that is such a lame reason. I'd never be a critic if I only went to movies with other people.

JMK
May 31st, 2002, 09:19:57 PM
Well that's part of the reason Jon, you're a critic, and you need to watch and judge the movie, so people can only distract you. I hate going alone because there's the drive there and back in silence, and it's not like I just show up to a movie and leave, I like to go out to eat first or do something else, but it never happens, but I swear I will see it this weekend, whether I'm solo or not.

BUFFJEDI
May 31st, 2002, 10:00:55 PM
Kyle I'd go with you :) but I'm to broke to travel right now:(If it's still in theaters up there in july , Give me a buzz(for real :) ) but you'll have to get me a place to stay :) and hook me up with some of your ladies:) and feed me:) and pay for my movie ticket:) and buy me Popcorn and drink:)

Jinn Fizz
May 31st, 2002, 10:44:28 PM
I like going to the movies with my mother, because it's quality time :). But the fact that she can't go right now hasn't stopped me from going, and I'll be going on Sunday whether my father decides to go with me or not. :)

Quadinaros
May 31st, 2002, 10:46:06 PM
#8 9:40pm Theater only about 30% full, but I think the beautiful weather today in the Midwest could be affecting box office. There were no sellouts of any movie today in this multiplex which is very unusual.

By the way, I've seen it 3 times with friends/family, 5 times solo. I just don't know anybody who wants to keep going back like I do. And like Jonathan said, I'm not going to let that stop me. O_o

BUFFJEDI
May 31st, 2002, 11:05:04 PM
Keep up the good work Quadinaro's, carrying AOTC all by meself is getting to be a heavy load,even with Jon's help;)

JonathanLB
May 31st, 2002, 11:13:36 PM
You rock Quadinaros! :) Way to be, hehe.

JMK... well yeah I hear you, but how far are you from a theater? It takes me 30 minutes in transit, back and forth, actually usually a bit less. 25 minutes to 28 minutes is more like it.

Do I enjoy having someone to talk with before the movie starts? Well yeah sure, but don't you ever need time to yourself just to think? That is what going to the movies is about for me. I can drive there and back in peace and quiet, nobody distracting me, and I can think about things. Otherwise, when I am here I am talking on AIM, I am working out, I am playing basketball, I'm swimming, I'm writing, I'm doing something, but I don't sit in my chair and think. When I'm driving on these fairly empty back roads here, I can think about whatever and come up with some fairly good ideas or plan a course of action for something or whatever. Sometimes you need time just to think.

I know people who like being around other people constantly, I definitely know those type of people, but I am not at all like that. I do not like the word "loner," because I personally think there is something wrong with anyone who wants to be around other people constantly. I think they are, for one, insecure, and second they obviously are not leaders, they are followers, and most importantly they lack the creativity to do anything themselves, needing and relying on other people for their entertainment.

I like being around my friends, but I like being able to be alone too. When I get together with friends for like 5 or 6 straight days, I get worn down. I need more time to myself so I can just relax and take it easy, not be talking constantly, not be interacting, just be alone. That is one reason nobody could ever talk me into dorm life. OH NO, hehe, no way. I would rather have not gone to college at all. I would never, ever have a roommate in the same one little tiny room. That's ridiculous. I cannot concentrate that way and it makes me uncomfortable to have someone else in the room, even if it's my parents or whatever. I like being alone when I sleep, I like being alone when I am on the computer, I like being alone when I work and when I write. I cannot stand other people being present, it just bugs me.

Now when I want to be social, then it's different. Then I actively make a choice to be social and I go out with my friends and we play golf or we go see movies or we hang out here and watch movies, play pool, and have a few beers. Whatever, but when it's MY TIME, it's MY TIME, I wouldn't want a roommate distracting me or asking me questions or generally ruining my time to be alone.

Now if it were a girlfriend, that'd be a bit different. lol, no that'd be a lot different.

Quadinaros
May 31st, 2002, 11:19:56 PM
Ravishing and Jon... I got your backs, guys. :smokin

BUFFJEDI
May 31st, 2002, 11:26:14 PM
I prefer to be alone people get on my nerve's.there rude ,nasty and I just despise 90% percent of people.Working in a court house and hospital will do that to you.Now I still LOVE everyone but i'd like to smack around most of them.Working in a courthouse and hospital will do that to you.I prefer to go to a Starwars movie alone,but I have taken atleast another person with at all viewings -2.I for sure wouldn't take a date,I'd have to kick them to the curb if they wanted to talk/kiss/well you know while SW is playing.Any other movie that's fine for But Starwars is a whole new ball game.Btw the funny thing is I'm getting a promotion at work due to my People skills AKA I can kiss more ars than a dog has flea's:(:(:(

BUFFJEDI
May 31st, 2002, 11:27:27 PM
You da man Quadinaro you da man!!!!!!:smokin

JonathanLB
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:15:18 AM
Dang man, I think you are more die-hard than me! I would hate to say that, lol, but I'd take any action I could get from a good looking girl, even if it was during Star Wars ;)

But then again, I guess you are a stud so you don't really need it ;) Haha. Grrr.

He's got it all, the AOTC viewing count record so far, and the women :)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 1st, 2002, 09:01:58 AM
But then again, I guess you are a stud so you don't really need it Haha. Grrr.

Just lucky my man, just lucky. But I'll take it :)

JMK
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:08:14 AM
Jon, I have about the same travelling distance as you do to get to the theater.

Buff, I have to feed you too?? Damn, there won't be any food left for ticket money!

CMJ
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:10:20 PM
Viewing #3 - 3:45 at the Vista.

The crowd was pretty sparse, I'd say maybe 15-20% full. It was my most satisfying viewing...absolutely knocked my socks off(even more so than viewing #1).

As for the crowd...hard to tell. In general I try and guage reactions to films afterward, but I picked up lot's of positive AND negative vibes from folks exiting the theatre. Actually I'd say it was mostly negative, though a couple of kids(maybe 7 or so) did a mock air-lightsaber fight afterwards that took me back to my youth. :)

*sigh*

To be young again. :)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:47:58 AM
:lol
Come on JMK I eat light:D Buff need FOOD!!!

I was posting earlier in here than all of the sudden it went blank???anyway. I had only planned to go one time on saturday went to the 2:oo showing.#18.

Got home there was a message from a friend who wanted to set me up with some chick(DIDN"T WE JUST TALK ABOUT THAT???!!!!????????? Anyway she/they wanted to see AOTC so i said HELL YA!! anyway(agian) I go I meet her I'd give her a 8stars'out of 10(big OO ) VERY NICE Girl. Bad thing is She talked DURING THE MOVIE(DID"NT WE JUST TALK ABOUT THAT) I sware I'm not making this up!anyway she ticked me off I got up a moved to another side of the theater,We got up together after the movie ,she said I ws rude and an Ars hole and full of my selfO_o I told her Star wars ment more to me than her life,I smiled thanked my friends an left. WHAT are the freaking odds.Jon you got a crystal ball or something???well the good thig is I got # 19:)

the theater was almost half full for the 2 showing/ the 9 showing was a quater full,But the ten on the other screen was sold OUT!!!!!!I peeked :)

JonathanLB
Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:54:44 AM
Mercy dude! I'm getting my ass kicked here. lol. I'm at 12, and you are like not too far from doubling me, lol.

Well #13 is tomorrow. Then hopefully I can keep on going at a steady rate anyway.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 2nd, 2002, 01:10:03 AM
To be honest I've just gotten lucky to have the time.When I start my new position it will change. I like you, will not likely make 100(you 50) but I assure you I will do atleast 70. That's not bad BUT I have NEVER failed to do something I said I would.I guy's I'm just getting old:(

JediBoricua
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:54:48 AM
#4, 9:00 pm showing , theater half full.

DUBBED Spidermain was sold out......now that is weird...."disturbing this puzzle is"

I think I'll see 3 times more to get the complete grasp, I still have a few friends who have not seen it, others that want a repeat and I have to go solo at least once.

Yesterday I went with my mom, who goes to the movies like once every year and she absolutely loved it. She couldn't stop saying how much of a snob anakin was and how she would have loved to jump in the screen and show him (mothers, dont you just love them). I even caught her saying: Oh my god, lucas is a genius...

Jinn Fizz
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:58:50 PM
#6 today, went by myself again. There were about fifty people in the theater, so it about maybe about a third full (yeah, one of our smaller theaters).

I just wish I knew why people insist on bringing 2-year-olds to the theater when they know the kid will get bored 5 minutes into the movie, talk, yell, and then spend lots of time being chased up and down the aisles. :headbash

JonathanLB
Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:45:38 AM
#13 at Evergreen again, my new favorite time -- 10:45 p.m.

I suspect I'll go see it again Monday at the same time, or possibly the earlier 10:15 showing actually, I have yet to decide.

I do not reveal my future viewing plans even if I do know them ;) Buff is presenting a large challenge here and, uh, well let's say that I am prepared to meet it in the coming weeks. Haha. I cleared my schedule. Now, it's AOTC time.

Haha, j/k, but I'll keep going with my viewings.

flagg
Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:14:46 PM
#3 today, 2pm show at the Odeon Leceister Square in London. Theater was about half-full and the audience was a lot less into it than opening night, obviously. I know I'm behind most people here in viewings, but I can't really bring myself to watch AOTC on a regular screen after seeing the awesome digital presentation. It does make a difference.

Jedieb
Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:31:59 PM
I'll try to get around to updating the viewing count later tonight. I haven't had the time to go because of all the "end of the school year" work that's popped up. Last day for students is Wed. and we teachers have to work until Saturday. After that I'll have some time on my hands but I don't know how many viewings I'll take in. It's just more fun to go with a group. I've only gone solo to the movies 6 times in my life. Once in college (Spaced Invaders I think), the midnight premieres of TPM and AOTC, an afternoon screening of AOTC, and a FOTR screening. The Star Wars viewings were great because of all the fans and the comaraderie. But the others were kind of weird. You're basically announcing to the theater that you're lonely and can't get anyone to go the movies with you. At least that's what many of the people in the theater are thinking when they look at you sitting by yourself. Trust me, that's what's going through their heads. I liken it to eating at a restaurant by yourself. Something I've never done, but I can imagine how the diner must feel. Everyone in the restaurant is thinking; "Look at that poor lonely diner. They can't get a date and have to eat by themselves." At least at the movies you can kind of hide once the lights out, but I feel for people who dine by themselves. It must be embarrasing at times.

It's all a matter of perspective and habits. While I'd be embarrased to go the movies by myself on a regular basis, I have NO shame whatsoever about stepping into the toy sections of WalMart, ToysRUs, Target, KayBee, or K-Mart. It's just not a big deal. By now, the stockpeople know me. At times, I've been on a first name basis with some of them. I've even had students from my school recognize me. I just quickly lie that I'm buying a toy for my son and then I quickly walk away! :rolleyes

I just won't have the time to clock in many viewings this summer. A trip to the movies is almost a 3 hour event when you figure in the travel time, previews, etc. I just have too many things and too many people to deal with to spend that kind of time on a regular basis. Most of my movie time this summer will be spent with my wife and son. He's too young to keep asking for the same movie and she doesn't deserve to sit through the same movie over and over again. It doesn't matter, Lucas's kids get thousands of bucks from a year anyway, they won't miss a few more.

CMJ
Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:36:32 PM
I am a bit wierd...I PREFER going to the movies alone. But that's just me I guess. Even when I have a girlfriend...or a good friend wants to go with me...or my brother maybe...I still prefer to go by myself. I mean I "occasionally" have company when I attend the cinema, but it's like MAYBE 10-15% of the time.

I admit, I'm an oddball. :)

Jedieb
Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:51:29 PM
Jedieb 4
Ravishing Jedi 19
Figrin D'an 5
Quadinaros 8
Doc Milo 5
JonathanLB 13
Jedi Master Carr 1,
Darth McBain 5
JediBoricua 4
CMJ 3
Dark Jodo Kast 1,2,
dbn 1,2,3
Admiral Lebron 1
JMK 1,2,3
sirdizzy 1,2,3,
jjwr 1,2,
Marcus Q'Dunn 1
Flagg 2
QuiGon 8
jinn fizz 6

JonathanLB
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:23:45 PM
How do I address this without sounding hypocritical?

I guess I cannot.

When I see people walking into the theater alone, I generally assume they are holding a space for someone else, and I am usually right. When a movie starts and they are alone, I agree, I usually think, "That's too bad the person had to go alone," but then again I go alone myself, so that is kind of hypocritical of me to think that when I am with friends.

During the summer, I see most movies with friends. My best friend and I have a tradition of seeing every major summer movie together, but does he want to see EVERY movie that comes out as I have to for my site? Absolutely not, so I am left seeing half of them alone at least.

As CMJ said, though, call me weird but I like seeing movies alone too. I mean, again I will be hypocritical in saying I like the company of a friend on the way to the movie theater and back, but in the actual theater I am absolutely fine being alone. I find that I pay more attention to the movie. Sometimes I am a bit self-conscious if I go with a very casual friend, like someone who is a friend of one of my friends and I end up sitting next to them. I guess that's just the way I am.

I do not have any problems going alone, though, and the majority of time I must go alone because none of my friends are in town right now. Even if they were, they wouldn't want to see AOTC as many times as I do, and as you can tell, I do not let anyone hold me back from MY goals.

Regardless of whether someone else deems anything I do to be a worthy goal or not, that's their problem not mine. My goals are all worthwhile in my mind and since it's my life, that makes them all worthwhile goals. Seeing AOTC more than almost any other Star Wars fan, or at least being in the top 5% of fans, is a major goal of mine. Do I do it so that I can think I'm a bigger fan? No actually, but I would like to have people know that I'm a big fan so that when I write books on the saga, they don't think, "Oh great another author trying to capitalize on the sucess of the Star Wars movies." No no, that is not me, I'm just a normal fan who happens to love writing too and I want to share what I learn and know with other fans. It would bother me if someone wrote a book on AOTC, for instance, and said they only saw the movie 3 times. I would just be thinking, what the HELL makes this person qualified to write a book on a movie I saw 10 times more than this loser?

But I saw TPM 50 times. Nobody can question my knowledge of the film or passion for it, so my book makes sense.

The real reason I see any SW movie so many times is simply for my own personal enjoyment, though. I went last night. I feel like going again tonight because I had a fun time last night. I actually ended up doing a lot of thinking on both Star Wars and my own life while at AOTC last night, and I found that I ended up coming up with many great ideas while watching TPM too. In a way, seeing a SW film is a form of meditation for me. There is no place I'd rather be than in a theater seeing a Star Wars movie, so even if I just want to ponder things in my life, I'd rather do it in the theater seeing Star Wars. It's amazing what I can think of just from seeing those movies. They're inspirational for me, at least.

If I had a girlfriend, I imagine I'd go to most movies with her, but I wouldn't drag her to see a SW film a million times. That would be my own personal time and space. Point is, yeah I love seeing movies with my friends, but movies are movies. To me, and to most major moviebuffs like CMJ and I, I think, we just love the experience of being in a darkened theater seeing a work of art, even if sometimes that work of art is of very questionable value, haha. And not to suggest that I am as much of a movie buff as CMJ; I think he's a much bigger movie buff than I am. Someday, I will maybe stand on the same level as him, if I am lucky, haha. :)

CMJ
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:32:11 PM
Wow Jonathan...that was a great post.

Nothing is as close to magic as sitting in a darkened movie theatre watching the artform know as the moving picture. Every once in awhile...you see that lightning ina bottle..a film that truly captures you. That is why I see film after film....it's like falling in love when you find that CLASSIC film every so often. And I don't mean just great films in this breath...but those truly WONDERFUL films that you sit afterwards and don't have words to comprehend what you saw...it happens...not very often...but it does.

That is why I goto the movies.

Oh and by the way Jonathan...I'm honored you hold me in such high regard, I truly am.

JonathanLB
Jun 4th, 2002, 04:06:34 AM
When you see a really awesome movie, it is just an amazing feeling. For me, Gladiator was like that. I was expecting it to be really good, but it far exceeded my high expectations. It definitely gave me goosebumps, and actually I felt like it inspired me in real life too, hehe, silly as that sounds for the film.

I would say the one time where I really felt like I had been let in on a secret early was with The Matrix. I mean, everyone was in line for TPM, it was no secret, it was the most anticipated movie of all time. But I saw The Matrix on Wednesday, March 31! Even before its weekend opening. I saw it the very first day it played in a nearly full auditorium at about 7 or so. It seemed like most people literally stayed in the theater a bit longer and we were all just like, "Holy crap... that was awesome!" I heard a ton of people saying, "Ok I'm coming back to see it again tomorrow." lol. Nobody expected it, and everyone in the theater felt like they just saw this instant classic that was destined for success. Sure enough, pretty soon everyone started seeing it and eventually, including the DVD release, it became a massively popular sci-fi film. When I saw it, though, I didn't know much about it at all, there wasn't a lot of hype, all I knew was that the theatrical trailer looked pretty awesome and I was GOING to be there opening day! :)

I don't think many people appreciated "The Game" as much as I did, though, so even though that experience was great for me because I was blown away by the film, the critics didn't even like it that much and most moviegoers didn't seem to think it was that great. Man, I have no idea how, it's one of my top 10 even including the 5 SW films. I remember our critic here, Shawn Levy, wrote an article about David Fincher and he put little blurbs about his previous movies on a side bar. According to his ratings, The Game is Fincher's worst movie so far! LOL. I feel it is his absolute best movie so far, slightly ahead of Fight Club, but oh well. I saw The Game 4 times in theaters. At the time, I had never seen a movie so many times in theaters except for Return of the Jedi (4).

Then The Truman Show, I was blown away after seeing that too. It didn't hold up as well as I thought it would at the box office, though, so again I don't think a lot of audiences really got it. Critics seemed to love it, though. I saw it three times.

Well CMJ, you are definitely one of the biggest movie buffs I know. It's between you and FoxDVD. I don't know who has seen more films, hehe, but you both have obviously seen a great number of them from all eras and even countries. I would imagine in another 4 to 5 years I'll have seen a far, far wider number than I have now, but for the time being I'm still just playing catchup, hehe.

CMJ
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:44:55 AM
Yeah...well you are a few years younger than I am, so that explains alot of it Jonathan. :) You'll probably exceed my film knowledge one of these days..even if your taste isn't as good(as every true film buff will say, they have THE best taste ;) ) as mine.

Those hidden gems you mentioned are the best. It's one thing to be expecting alot from a film and for it to come through. But when you AREN'T expecting much...and then it knocks your socks off....that's the best.

I saw "Memento" fairly early on...and I felt like that film was my little secret(much like you did with "Matrix"). It helped that it was a limited release...but for months I got to recommend it and NOBODY had seen it.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:50:29 PM
You will never guess what I saw Today/tonight

AOTC #20

:)

only 80 to go O_o

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 04:43:31 AM
Ok, Jonathan tells all...

I trust Buff and all, don't get me wrong, it's just that 20 viewings in 20 days is pretty frickin' awesome, perhaps one of the most impressive accomplishments in moviegoing ever, so I hope you all realize how awesome that is. I hope you all realize I'm not going to give up, though, either. :)

I've been neglecting to post my AOTC count for several days, but then I just realized if I continue it'll look suspicious and that's stupid because I don't honestly believe any of us would lie about our counts. Dangit, nobody better because you know how much this race means to me, hahaha! I can take pictures of my ticket stubs, though, in fact for fun I want to do that anyway. ;) I got the digital camera, it's easy to do. Not to mention Lori at the theater can vouch for my viewings, haha, as can my friends as I leave AIM on all of the time and I put up an away message when gone, lol.

This is sick. Do you realize this is really sick? I am trying to use STRATEGY in seeing a movie a million times. That is just incredibly nerdy, LOL, but I love it. Oh man, this is hilarious.

You guys have all stopped seeing AOTC or are you just being lazy about posting your counts, or crafty like me?

Ok it's stupid just laying it all out on the table, but seeing as it's even more stupid trying to see a movie more times than someone else for no other reason than just because, I will do so anyway! :)

I figure it this way... Buff will see this movie more times than me, BUT if I let him get too far ahead, he is going to start slacking off, and you know I cannot have that. No no, hehe, we all cannot have that. Buff has to remain under pressure so that he can achieve peak performance, like anything. Haha. Plus him and I have to keep the box office numbers chugging along at least, and you all aren't helping enough! :D

As such...

#14 -- Evergreen Parkway, Auditorium #13, 10:15 p.m. Monday.

#15 -- Evergreen Parkway, Auditorium #7, 10:45 p.m. Tuesday. The security guard, same as on Sunday at my 10:45 viewing, was waiting until I finished watching the credits, as I ALWAYS do, and this time he was kinda ticked, LOL. "You were the same guy who was here a few nights ago huh?" Yeah, damnit, if I pay $7.75 for a movie I'm sittin' there until the credits end ya fool!

I won't reveal my future viewing plans, duh, I'm not showing you my cards. ;)

I will say that I'd like to give you all an AOTC battle worth remembering, as the Spider-Man vs. AOTC battle was a yawner, so BuffJedi and I will duel it out for #1 in viewings. It'll be close, let's put it that way.

As The Count of Monte Cristo said in the movie of the same name, "You didn't think I'd make it that easy, did you?!"

flagg
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:22:36 AM
The three times I've seen AOTC have all been with either my brother or my mother, but I wouldn't be ashamed to see it on my own. Come on, it's Star Wars people! :)
I guess it depends on whether you view going to the cinema as a cultural event or a just a night out. I love films, so I don't feel the need to drag someone else along with me every time. Not that I'd say no if some hot chick wanted to come along. Just not on my first viewing of a new Star Wars film, okay? I want all my attention focussed on the screen ;)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:29:17 AM
I do keep ticket stubs :D

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:09:12 PM
I am sure any die-hard like you and I keep our ticket stubs. I'd bet that most everyone in the SW fan community keeps their ticket stubs, but maybe not.

I threw away my SE ticket stubs, unfortunately, but I kept the most important one: Feb 1, 1997 Broadway Metroplex "STAR WARS" -- the first time I ever saw a Star Wars movie in theaters, and it was a crowded Saturday showing of ANH. The day I became a fan. I wouldn't sell that ticket stub for any price, it has sentimental value. :)

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:48:30 AM
#16 -- 10:15 p.m. Evergreen Parkway, auditorium 13. Wednesday night.

I mentioned this in another thread...

I now know the security guard at Evergreen quite well, Andy is his name. He sees me there everyday lately and let me sneak into the final AOTC showing of the day, so I actually saw AOTC at 10:15 and it ended 30 minutes before the 10:45 showing (duh), so he let me sneak into the 10:45 and see the final part of AOTC again, haha. :) he is cool.

So I guess I have seen the movie more like 16.22 times or something, hehe. I hold the "tie-breaker"! ;)

I had the same situation with TPM. I saw it 50.4 times basically because one time there was a projection problem about one hour into the movie, maybe more like 55 minutes into it, and I got my money back but I have no ticket stub because I gave it back to them. So I saw it 50 FULL times, but that was my "tie breaker" for TPM. :)

EDIT (added later):

Hahaha, I'm checking over my TPM viewing list (with times, dates, prices, and theaters in a Word document I made) and I was only at 14 TPM viewings by the end of June! Jesus that's horrible compared to now. I was only at 19 by the end of July. August was the big month and I got to 31 by the end of that month. So many missed opportunities, though, if I only had a car I'd have cleared 100 probably! I went from August 26 to Sept. 30 without seeing the film in theaters. Then there was May 29 to June 11 (because of finals, end of school, STUPID distractions!). Then October 18 was my last viewing before it left Nov. 3. Then there is this gap from July 5 to 15, and from July 18 to August 5 (I got my wisdom teeth taken out and, uh, that hurt my viewing schedule a lot).

Right now, by day, my AOTC count is leading 16 vs. 9 on TPM. If AOTC were around as long as TPM, and it won't be, not even close (because of the Dec/Jan months too), then I'd be on course for about 100 viewings actually. It is June 5 (the last full day to end, I mean), so I had not seen TPM again until June 11. By June 11, I'll be far above 18 viewings of AOTC, which is double the 9, so I'd be on pace for 100 AOTC viewings easily if this darn film were just around longer.

I have realized that the cost of this endeavor is rather, uhh, incredible. Even if I only see it 40 times, that is $250 or so I bet, already more than I spent on TPM ($239.00).

JonathanLB
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:43:47 AM
#17 -- Evergreen Parkway Auditorium #7, 10:45 p.m.

I thought this would be my last time seeing AOTC in the biggest theater, but apparently not because it's staying there next week. Yay :)

Next week will be my biggest viewing week, probably bigger than May 16 - May 23, hehe.

"To spice things up I suggest we shoot the one that comes in second. That would REALLY inspire our top two contenders, don't ya think?" (Said a while back in the thread)

LOL, I like that, "top two contenders," like this is a real sport or something. Well dangit it SHOULD be! :)

That'd be a fun Website to create, haha.

This is definitely getting to be an interesting and fun competition, no? I hope I have made it a little more fun in the last few days, haha. The fun is really just starting though, haha.

Dang it's so funny being there every day to see AOTC. I think I will keep this streak going for a new record number of days (for me). I know at least it will likely extend through Sunday, but I think at least through Tuesday. I'd say there is a 50% to 60% chance I do not see AOTC Wednesday. You'll know why later, lol...

BUFFJEDI
Jun 7th, 2002, 05:23:41 PM
# 21 :shootin

JMK
Jun 7th, 2002, 10:33:00 PM
The slump is over.
#4 9:40pm.

phew. :x

Quadinaros
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:53:46 PM
#9 9:40 PM

The crowd was about twice the crowd at last week's same showtime. However, AOTC is on 3, instead of 5, screens. Still, looks like a decent holdover for this weekend. :)

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:36:15 AM
Dang, I knew you'd get to 21 today, but at least I held my ground.

#18 -- Evergreen, 7:00 p.m., auditorium 1 (I lament the passing of auditorium 13, may it rest in peace, to Ya-Ya Stupidhood; thank you auditorium 13, I enjoyed my AOTC viewings with you, lol).

Man I am bummed, why couldn't they at least put Bad Company in auditorium 13? I happen to really like that particular one, and the print they used there for AOTC rocked. If it's between 1 and 7 now, which it is, I'm only going to 7 from now on if I have a choice in the matter... lol. 7 is the main auditorium, though, I love it.

By the way, although I did not get to meet up with Holly today, I did bring my ticket stubs as I will next time we actually do meet, so she can verify all of my viewings personally. :)

Tomorrow I am not sure what the deal is, but I think I may go to see AOTC with an old high school classmate, Sean (not my good friend Sean), and then I suppose I will see Ya-Ya... but... I really wanted to see AOTC after Ya-Ya so that I could rinse the bad taste out of my mouth, so to speak, more immediately! :)

Wow as you can see I have been going to late-night showings only lately of AOTC, which never have anyone there, but holy crap the 7 was full! It was a solid 75% full I would say, which is still good. This is the FOURTH weekend, after all, and sadly Bad Company wasn't as full on its first weekend playing on half the screens. Evergreen obviously is doing quite well with AOTC still.

Where exactly does all of this money come from for something like Bad Company? I mean clearly at Evergreen AOTC is still beating all other movies in release, so I wonder where it is that everyone is going to see these other films. Sure isn't here. I've said for a long time that SW is pretty big in Portland, and I don't see anyone rushing out to see these other movies.

Besides, Sum of All Fears was outgunned 3 vs. 1 in screens last weekend at Evergreen (vs. AOTC), so it had no chance at all of winning the weekend there. This weekend, AOTC is only on 2, but Bad Company only has 1, so... it's not going to win either. I am glad AOTC is doing well here, I want to get in a lot more viewings at Evergreen before I have to drive farther out to other theaters. lol.

Buff, way to go in keeping your viewings rolling, we need the support :)

You other guys are doing well too. Everyone else see if they can make it out on Saturday or Sunday here, this weekend is critical, go have some fun! AOTC rocks.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 11:25:29 AM
Okay! Viewing number 5!

Evergreen, 7:00 p.m., auditorium 1

*twilight zone music plays*

I swear I didn't see anyone who looked remotely like they could have been Jonathan. But the theatre *was* like 75% full, and iI thought it was awesome that people still clapped when Yoda appears before Dooku.

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:30:17 PM
I was one of those people clapping. After I heard someone else start, I was like, "Ok I'm definitely going to support that!" lol. :)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:35:57 PM
DONE A bad , bad Thing :( I done a bad bad thing :(

well I was going to see AOTC for the 22 time:) I bought a AOTC TICKET, but I went into the spider-man show:(

I had to . I had to see what all the fuss was about(although I have slammed it already :( )

Let me say this In all honesty

IT SUCKED!!!!1 bigger than Debbie.

I don't get it ??? what the hell brought people back to see this dribble??the acting was Piss poor,the Cg and effects were EQUAL to JASON X, and the story Drug on and on and on .........

What I don't get even more is How the Hell can anyone female/male Find Toby hot??And durst ?? don't get me started.

Now on the plus.Toby was good at first as a dorky kid(Type cast) but that's it.

THE ONLY saving grace was MACHO-MAN randy savage.

Folks I'm not a smart man.I barely know how to type/spell /Make half a sentence BUT I know what sucks and what doesn't and this So does.I'll die not believing it made as much as they claim(Of course I SOOOOO will not go into that ) Due to my promise to CMJ. But damn:(

Btw: there where tons going into Aotc.andbarely a handful at Spider-man.

Also DO keep in mind I payed for AOTC ticket (Of course tha was wrong , And I do feel guilty :(

anyway I go in to detail as to more on why it sucked later,Other than just saying it sucked:x

Lady Vader
Jun 8th, 2002, 11:03:34 PM
I went to go see the movie again today! (Only my 4th viewing, but I promise you, it'll keep growing till I reachn my TPM viewings amount or higher). I also plan on seeing it tomorrow (5th viewing), and this time I'm gonna drag my parents with me who haven't seen it yet :rolleyes Yeesh! They always take forever to see movies!

JMK
Jun 8th, 2002, 11:22:51 PM
Good at least someone has seen as few times as I have. Thanks LV! ;)

CMJ
Jun 8th, 2002, 11:48:56 PM
No need to worry Kyle..I've seen it 3 times. :p

Azure Regalia
Jun 9th, 2002, 12:51:40 AM
Any time, JMK. :lol

(This is LV, btw. :p)

CMJ
Jun 9th, 2002, 12:56:51 AM
Schizzo Lady #1 back to her old tricks. ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 9th, 2002, 01:21:08 AM
Yeah seriously, wtf?! ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 9th, 2002, 01:32:44 AM
GEEZ, so glad I'm not schizzo.... o_O

:D

JonathanLB
Jun 9th, 2002, 01:47:16 AM
You are supposed to be asleep ;)

j/k.

Man that third beer is kicking in, I told you my tolerance was low. You know it's getting bad when *I* take like 5 minutes to get a tiny post like this correct. Sorry, but seriously I deserve these beers after today. LOL ;)

Lady Vader
Jun 9th, 2002, 02:29:43 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? I can't help it if I can split my brain into twenty different which-ways!

Wait...

*Counts*

I think it's twenty... or is it more...

*Keeps counting.*

:p

(Forsees this thread getting horribly hijacked. :lol)

JonathanLB
Jun 9th, 2002, 02:39:50 AM
Nice... I see..

You are still up eh?

JonathanLB
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:47:28 AM
#19 was Sunday at 3:20 with Holly... Evergreen of course.

Then #20 was Monday at 7:30 with an old high school classmate, Sean. The people at the ticket windows both recognized me! LOL, the girl one line over said, "You're not seeing Star Wars AGAIN are you?" Sean was laughing, he was like, "I am not with him!" Haha, she said, "Man you are one weird kid! Do you realize how much time that is?" I was like, "Eh, I saw the last one 50 times, I'm just starting on this one." Sean had seen it once before, opening day. He loves it. Pretty busy for Monday's 2nd showing I thought. Not that many people, but come on, 30 people in a relatively small auditorium isn't so bad. I go to the late night ones and normally it is like 5 to 10 people max.

Shall I just drop the bomb now...? I guess so, I won't be here until late anyway, so you will all know where I am gone to...

Tuesday:
#21 Evergreen Parkways 13 -- 12:00 p.m. Auditorium 1.

#22 Evergreen Parkway 13 -- 3:20 p.m. Auditorium 1.

#23 Evergreen Parkway 13 -- 7:30 p.m. Auditorium 7.

#24 Evergreen Parkway 13 -- 10:05 p.m. Auditorium 1.

The reason I am switching one showing to the other auditorium is to allow time to eat dinner with my friend, who will also be there all four viewings. This is an unofficial FAN DAY PDX too, so Fan Force PDX members (Portland, Oregon) can come any time.

By the end of tomorrow, then, I'll be done with 24 AOTC showings, only 1 away from half of my TPM count.

Last time, it took me until the end of July to get to 19 TPM viewings, then by the end of August I was at 31. I think I will reach 31+ by the end of JUNE this time.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:57:30 AM
I am not really here.. *waves hand* I am asleep!

#6 at Evergreen with Jonathan. Some lady behind us got a kick out of everything, she laughed through the whole movie. It was only a LITTLE annoying after the first half hour.... -_- ;)

Lady Vader
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:01:52 PM
#6 last night. Gonna go see it again next weekend. :)

I'm only trying to reach 20 or higher, cause I saw TPM 20 times. I figured I might up it this time by 5, so might see AOTC 25 times.

I only have weekends to see it, so that's why the count is so low. But, I enjoy it either way. :)

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:37:53 PM
Oh, #9 was in Glendale Sunday... should be going to the Chinese Friday night to make #10. :)

CMJ
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:43:19 PM
Dang QuiGon...I'd join you at the Chinese but I'm going back "home" to Texas this weekend. Oh well. :)

darth_mcbain
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:56:46 PM
So far I've been stuck at 5 for a while - but 6 should be this Thursday... After that, I'll catch it at least once more before it leaves the theaters. So put me down for a minimum of 7. While I don't have hopes of catching up with Jon or Buff, I hope to at least break double digits.

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 11th, 2002, 05:20:36 PM
CMJ, don't worry.. that's about my luck in meeting SWfans posters to see the movie there. ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 12th, 2002, 02:38:05 AM
Just confirming the earlier post.

I just today noticed Jango bumping his head on the Slave I, LOL, pretty funny I think. It's hilarious once you notice it but I just never did before.

Then you see maybe Gandalf or Saruman, I dunno, A WIZARD in the arena on Geonosis. It's just behind Padme as she is trying to get her final cuff off just before she jumps onto the Reek with Anakin. So it's just before Obi-Wan throws his spear thingie into the Acklay (Ackley? Sorry, tired).

We had two members of the PDX Fan Force show up today too, Jazmin came to the first two showings, then the final one poster "Windu Washer" came, I forget what his actual real life name is, LOL. I don't think he introduced himself to me.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 12th, 2002, 10:19:07 AM
slow down JON, your killing me:(

well 22 is in the book.going to have to do better this weekend :(

Doc Milo
Jun 12th, 2002, 02:49:02 PM
Well, McBain, you and I have something in common. I'm still stuck on five as well. I hope to see it again possibly thursday morning or friday morning at the only digital theater on Long Island (UA Farmingdale.) I don't know if I'll be able to see it again after that -- so my minimum will be 6 (exactly half the number of in-theater TPM viewings. It'd be more, but I need to save my pennies this time around...)

darth_mcbain
Jun 12th, 2002, 03:03:36 PM
Next time I go visit my folks back on LI we should get together - I know exactly where you're talking about, (Farmingdale). I didn't realize they were digital though - that'll be sweet... I loved the digital viewing I went to.

Doc Milo
Jun 12th, 2002, 03:09:39 PM
I have to make sure when I go that I get the digital screen. They're showing it on three regular screens as well...

JonathanLB
Jun 12th, 2002, 04:08:04 PM
If I had the money, I'd give it to you guys so you could go see AOTC more times. :)

Seriously, you should see it as many times as you saw TPM (or more), but I know money can be an issue. I just wish I had like $1,000 laying around, hehe, "$60 for you, $60 for you, $60 for you..." etc. lol.

JonathanLB
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:24:01 AM
#25 at Evergreen, 7:30 p.m. in auditorium 7.

I went with my dad finally! This was his first time seeing the movie. He said he thought it was a good deal better than The Phantom Menace and better than he expected. I suspected he probably didn't like TPM all that much, but then again, he really doesn't understand the saga. I tried to do my best at explaining the movies to him before he saw AOTC so he could understand it a bit better.

He said his favorite part was with the beasts, the Ackley, the Nexu, and the Reek. He really liked them all actually, but I think the Reek was his favorite.

The lady at the ticket window, same as the last few nights, asked me how many times this was, lol. They all know me now, it's so funny. :)

Sanis Prent
Jun 14th, 2002, 07:23:11 AM
I'm up to 8

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 14th, 2002, 08:50:26 AM
Page ten for viewing ten.. cool

Ten showings, three digital

Last night's viewing kicked hiney

Shoulda seen it at the Chinese before closing night. That's for sure. Nothing like a digital THX showing... you haven't experienced a real lightsaber battle till the sound makes your sinuses rattle. WOW!

Now just to find another theater that will still play it loud... :)

darth_mcbain
Jun 14th, 2002, 08:57:53 AM
Viewing 6 is in the books...

Reminded me of how much I liked it!!!

Some things I noticed this go around:
- The Millennium Falcon (finally saw it)
- Is Anakin wearing lipstick in the freighter?
- Continuity Error (?) - when Anakin Force pushes the Geonosians in the hive, you see a door open and Threepio and Artoo are behind it, but in the immediate next scene they're fully inside the hive.

JonathanLB
Jun 14th, 2002, 02:37:36 PM
I have not noticed any error of that sort, I will look but I think it's fine...

The main error as far as I can see is in the battle at the end of the movie. Anakin is standing right over Obi-Wan as he deflects Dooku's blow, yet in the very next wide-angle shot, there is NO Obi-Wan anywhere within 20 feet. WTF?! He was right beneath Anakin!!! That is the type of flaw you just wonder how it would make it into the final print. Oh well, not that big of a deal.

darth_mcbain
Jun 14th, 2002, 02:52:51 PM
I also noticed when Obi-Wan goes after Jango on Kamino, Jango is packing some cases onto Slave-1. But when you see Boba rotate the ship to fire at Obi-Wan, the cases are magically nowhere to be seen. Its not that big of a deal - just noticed it...

One thing I didn't see was the X-Wings and TIE Fighters during the Coruscant chase. Has anyone seen these? If so, where and when should I look?

JonathanLB
Jun 14th, 2002, 11:28:00 PM
I noticed the cases but I'm not so sure that is an error. I think they did actually make it aboard. I have no idea though.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:59:02 PM
23 in the book.

Btw AOTC'S WAS almost full (sware) But it may have been due to the over flow from Scobby poop.

FLMKR4EB
Jun 16th, 2002, 08:14:27 AM
I've seen it three times now.

I'l just make three notes here...

Seen IT

SEEN IT AGAIN

SEEN IT AGAIN, AGAIN!

BUFFJEDI
Jun 16th, 2002, 08:50:05 AM
I've seen it three times now.

the new guy's a slacker ;) j/k

BUFFJEDI
Jun 16th, 2002, 05:35:03 PM
well Guess I'm the only one that went today as well

# 24 falls by the waste side:)

Jinn Fizz
Jun 16th, 2002, 05:58:43 PM
Originally posted by Ravishing Jedi
well Guess I'm the only one that went today as well

Nope, you're not the only one who went today!!!

Viewing #7 today, usual place, by myself.

AOTC is on only one screen at my theater now, and it's no longer in one of the larger auditoriums. It's now in one of the cracker-box auditoriums, probably holds only about 150 people. Despite the smallness of the theater, I still got a very pleasant surprise today.

Because of the declines at the BO, and the huge opening for Scooby Poop (there were lines for it at my theater today >_<), I was figuring I'd be lucky to see only 20-30 people in the theater with me. Well, the place ended up being 80-90% full! Large groups were coming in, including families, so obviously there were quite a few dads in town whose Father's Day gift was a trip to see AOTC. The crowd was generally quiet, respectful, and into the movie. And the best part was, when it was over, people applauded! :)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:47:12 PM
the sreen I was seeing as well was almost full Agian today as was yesterday. If only the Box-office would reflect the truth.Oh well , It's still the greatest I have ever seen:)

Doc Milo
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:28:51 PM
June 17th -- 10:30 PM showing (over at 1AM) -- UA Farmingdale Stadium 10 -- the only Digital Theater on Long Island.

Viewing number six in the books -- Digital was awesome! If I get any chances to see it again, I'm only going digital if it's available...

JMK
Jun 18th, 2002, 08:33:22 PM
I wish we would get it here. Just once.

Anyway, viewing 5 is history. My mom liked it more than she will admit. ;)

Sanis Prent
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:31:39 AM
(plink)

9 down :)

Quadinaros
Jun 20th, 2002, 12:31:31 AM
FINALLY after 12 days passing, I saw viewing #10. :D

6/19
7:00pm

There was a much bigger crowd than I expected for a Wednesday night. Probably 70-80 people. Lots of young teens enjoying the beginning of their summer vacations.

Sanis Prent
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:44:06 AM
(plink, plink, plink)

12 now :)

Lady Vader
Jun 20th, 2002, 02:03:05 PM
:eek

You've outcounted me by half!!

That's it! must go see AOTC a bagillion times this weekend! (Ok, not really, but you know what I mean :p)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 21st, 2002, 04:58:36 PM
25 th today :)

26th tonight. :)

I find it hard to believe people in here are going to see anything other than AOTC's:\

Roddy Two
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:03:09 AM
Since I work at the theater, I watch almost anything I want, as many times as I want :)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:53:54 PM
well 26 is in (the other night )

and 27 and 28bit the dust :)

and as far as people like J leno/letterman poking fun about SW fans not having dates for the movie, well i had two tonight at two different showing's :)

of course neither went all that well ,............ I am home playing on my computer :( :\

Darth23
Jun 22nd, 2002, 11:00:45 PM
10th viewing tonight. Saw it with a friend of mine who hadnt' seen it yet.

She said the thought it was pretty good. Too bad we missed the first 10 minutes.

dbn
Jun 23rd, 2002, 02:10:56 AM
viewing number 4.
Century Anchorage 16, 8:15pm Mon 6/10. It was a well over 1/3 full when I saw it.

JonathanLB
Jun 26th, 2002, 02:29:44 AM
I ended my 12 day run of not seeing AOTC. That sucked. I don't recommend it ;) lol. Man, I was averaging nearly 1 viewing per day, but 12 days without seeing it... hurts.

Anyway...

#26 -- Evergreen Parkway Auditorium #5, 7:00 p.m. This is the first time I've ever seen it in this auditorium because it was moved out of 7, 13, and 1 :( 5 is really small, not that great of a screen. I mean, the print quality is still good, not great, and it IS a theater so I'm really grateful still, but this screen is just very small. I'd say this auditorium seats maybe 100 people, I guess. Maybe 85. The 7 was VERY full for a weeknight, well about 70% full, I suppose because it IS a small screen, it was a peak hour showing, etc.

#27 -- Evergreen Parkway Auditorium #5, 10:05 p.m. with a good friend (was alone the first time). We had a lot of fun at this screening, hehe, we were quoting the trailers and a lot of the movie, hope nobody was seeing it for the first time! LOL. This showing was not full at all, it never is. There were exactly 12 people there including us.

I had a great time tonight, it was nice seeing it again a few times. I hope for many, many more viewings. I hope I am not quite half-way finished, but I suspect I will have trouble reaching 50 viewings because of how long theaters will keep the movie. I'm optimistic, though. Once Evergreen stops playing AOTC, I believe Movies on TV will keep it longer, just as they kept TPM 8 weeks longer than Evergreen did (22 vs. 14).

I need a car badly, though, so I can keep seeing AOTC...

JMK
Jun 26th, 2002, 09:19:44 AM
#6 last night. Same theater as the previous 5 times.

And Buff, you'd MUCH rather be here with all us fine folk rather than some sweet hottie, wouldn't you?

Quadinaros
Jun 27th, 2002, 12:12:25 AM
6/26 7:00 PM

Now playing on one of the smaller screens, the biggest difference was the sound, which was much weaker. The seimic charges sounded lame compared to what I'm used to from the bigger theaters with more surround speakers. Oh, well...

BUFFJEDI
Jun 27th, 2002, 09:11:12 PM
And Buff, you'd MUCH rather be here with all us fine folk rather than some sweet hottie, wouldn't you? :lol :lol

yes :\

well I have finally hit 30 did it tonight and 29 yesterday.For some reason this viewing just put me in a daze??? I can't explain it but I was just like SO lost in the film (a good lost).

Also (have to throw this in ) I did a COMPLETE WORK OUT THAN did a one time bench of 408 :) :) . Other words I had broke chest down and was still able to push 408 pounds :). Guy's I'm getting it back :) just thought i'd share.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 27th, 2002, 09:12:24 PM
Btw good to see Jon back at it.I should have used those 12 days to my advantage :( .

JonathanLB
Jun 27th, 2002, 10:07:26 PM
Well, you are still significantly ahead of me considering that I don't have a car...

I am going to look at cars tomorrow, but I already know what I want, so I just hope I can manage to convince my dad to get one for me (Toyota Celica, red) and then I hope I can actually get the car no later than, uhh, say 10 days from now. Even then, that's a long time.

I am badly behind on movies. I haven't seen FOUR current releases, plus however many opening tomorrow, and I still want to keep seeing AOTC while it is around, so I may be in theaters for a few straight days just to catch up. This weekend, though, I'm busy with some other stuff...

I am seeing a TV preview of an unknown show on Friday night I think, we got these free tickets in the mail for being part of something, not sure what. Then on Saturday night I'm going to this live Cirque de Soleil thing. I've seen basically all of their shows in Vegas, but this is a new one. I am remaining "well cultured" here by seeing a variety of different things, haha, and I sometimes go to the symphony too! LOL.

Well, darn, 30 viewings. I gotta catch up here.

Jedieb
Jun 28th, 2002, 04:14:56 PM
Valley View Grande
1:00PM

First viewing in quite some time. AOTC is now on just one screen so there were around 20-30 people in the theater. This will probably be my last screening. I might be able to squeeze one more in, but I'm content to just let it sink in and wait for the DVD. Somebody else should do the math and update everybody's counts. Perhaps one of the two leaders?;)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 29th, 2002, 09:34:53 PM

wow there was about 5 people in the theater:cry
but the good thing about that is no one to get on my nerve's.it's on one screen now:(

you know what I can't understand is HOW come AOTC is avg more per screen than the 3 films that are making a little more money, but yet they yank AOTC screens???its been beating per screen avg spidey since it cam out and ONLY now they have the same screen count ?? someone some where has it out for AOTC,s because that makes no sense at all:verymad

BUFFJEDI
Jun 29th, 2002, 09:39:10 PM
Oh , If I get a chance I will TRY (TRY) to do the break down.

JonathanLB
Jul 1st, 2002, 05:44:39 AM
Ok, you guys will NOT believe this, I couldn't believe it myself, but here is a mini-story for you...

I was dead-set on seeing #28 today because I promised I'd see AOTC once per FULL weekend I was in town. Well I broke my promise. I was sure I was going to make it, no problem at all, but I got there at 3:26 for the 3:30 showing.

Guess what?

"Hey, one for Star Wars..."
"Sorry, Star Wars is SOLD OUT."
"... huh? Wait... what?"
"Star Wars is sold out."
"...Oh...uhh... ok just a second."

I stepped out of line and decided to see Lilo and Stitch because I had to review it anyway.

Can you BELIEVE that?!?!?! Star Wars, SOLD OUT! Unbelievable. I've never seen a movie sold out on its 7th weekend. Heck even Titanic wasn't sold out on its 7th weekend at this theater, I swear. Nor was TPM, hehe, NO way. TPM was not sold out on its 7th weekend at any time. I couldn't believe it. Really, a seven week old movie sold out, I mean in one way, yeah it was "cool," but not really because I wanted my 28th viewing and that just makes me mad. The film will stay at Evergreen for a lot longer, that much is certain. Any film selling out its showings still is going to be there a while.

What is wrong with the rest of the nation? Dang, if every place was like Evergreen this film would be top 5 still. I hope AOTC is there through July. It seems that at this rate, it will be. I really was blown away. lol, ok whatever, sold out. Jesus. The last time I had a sold out showing was umm, to be honest, weekend 1 I think, and I had bought my tickets early so it was not a problem for me at least. Ouch.

Weird though huh?!?!

Only two other shows sold out for the day. Mr. Deeds sold out every show on Sunday through my 7:30, no idea on the 10, but I doubt it sold out. Lilo and Stitch sold out every previous showing, but the 4:20 I went to was about 75% sold out. It was not so bad.

Dang... AOTC has done well at Evergreen. They have NOTHING to complain about!

Sanis Prent
Jul 1st, 2002, 06:04:47 AM
And what about Lilo and Stitch?

Quadinaros
Jul 1st, 2002, 06:45:48 AM
Jon, AOTC had a pretty good Sunday meesa thinks.

6/30 8:20 PM

I was debating on whether or not to go last night, so for the hell of it, I fired up my local theater's online ticket page around 5PM. I was surprised to see that the 5PM showing of AOTC was sold out!! Hell yeah. I had to go to the next showing even though I knew the crowd would be slightly smaller. It was probably about 80% full in one of the smaller auditoriums. But still, it felt good to sit in a mostly packed theater once again. And the crowd was really responsive.. the big cheer came when Mace decapitated Jango! Yaaay!!

I'm gonna try to attend a sellout next weekend. I think the best bets are Friday and Saturday night. I'm thinking Friday should be the biggest day because of the holiday the day before. We'll see...

BUFFJEDI
Jul 1st, 2002, 04:24:16 PM
Thats what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!! other than the last viewing I have seen(maybe one only 65 % full ) all the viewings I have been to have been sold out or all but full ??!!!??The box office so is not confirming that. The law of averages say's aotc should still be kicking ars as Quad, Jon and I live at diffferent ends of the Usa???strange this puzzle is O_o

Jedieb
Jul 4th, 2002, 02:46:52 PM
Valley View Grande
Took the boy to see it at 1PM (His 2nd viewing.) He actually chose AOTC over Scooby Doo. I thought for sure he's want to see Scooby because he loves the cartoon and has tons of Scooby toys, but he chose SW. He has learned well, my young aprrentice...

JonathanLB
Jul 4th, 2002, 04:31:09 PM
AOTC used to be on three large screens at Evergreen, now it's on 1 smaller one, so that is why it selling out is not nearly as many tickets. Still, business is good here. You can't complain about any movie that sells out a showing (and probably more) on its 7th weekend.

Ugg I can tell this is going to be bad. I cannot see AOTC as much as you right now Buff, no car. I'm screwed. :(

BUFFJEDI
Jul 4th, 2002, 09:48:43 PM
Well I only got 2 viewing's in today/tonight

32 & 33

I'm such a failure :(

look at it this way Jon, You have a good excuse. I was just to cheap :( and lazy :(

JonathanLB
Jul 5th, 2002, 01:29:26 AM
Nothing wrong with that Buff, I bet you'll kill me overall. Two in a day is good dude. I don't do more than two now. I'll be honest, I don't like seeing it more than twice in a day. I like all of my viewings to be special, and two per day is a max for me. I very much enjoy seeing it twice in a day and I have done it many times, just as I did with TPM, but the time I saw it 4 times in a day was a bit much. You gotta be in JUST the perfect mood and you have to be really, really well rested and feeling great, etc. Then you have to be comfortable with the temperature so hopefully it's not too cold, and you have to be ok with not being too hungry or too thirsty or having to go the bathroom.

Seriously, this AOTC viewing race is like a sport dude, I nearly got killed seeing another movie, after all, anything that introduces a chance of injury surely must be a sport! :) Plus there are so many considerations in trying to win the race, hahaha.

I'm going to see AOTC tomorrow finally, and maybe on the weekend with a few friends, so before I get my car I should get in a few viewings. I got your back, Buff. :)

JonathanLB
Jul 6th, 2002, 12:09:25 AM
Ugg, finally...

#28 -- Evergreen Parkway 13, auditorium 5 at 12:05 p.m.

#29 -- Evergreen Parkway 13, auditorium 5 at 7:00 p.m.

I saw Hey Arnold! and Scooby-Doo between the two AOTC showings AND ate dinner, is that amazing or what?!?! I couldn't believe it worked out, but I planned it very carefully and got there to the 2nd AOTC show only about 5 minutes later, which means I didn't quite miss all of the ads and had to sit through all 7 trailers again. I usually intentionally try to show up 10 minutes late, but I have never one time missed even a second of the start of the movie. I did have to go to the bathroom ONE time out of my 29 viewings, it was during a scene on Tipoca City, Kamino, but I was back quickly. As I recall that was my 2nd showing on the day I saw AOTC 4 times, whenever date that was.

Quadinaros
Jul 6th, 2002, 12:18:44 AM
#13 8:20 7/5/02

I counted about 120 seats in this theater, and there were about 10 empty ones. I was pretty psyched. :D

JonathanLB
Jul 6th, 2002, 12:31:45 AM
I discovered something today, a bit late, lol. I can see everything far better sitting in the third row! I usually sit in the middle of the theater, but I obviously missed a lot of tiny details that I just noticed today by being forced to sit in the third row the first showing, and then the next showing I decided to sit there too, even though there were a few other seats, but the third row was the highest empty row, so that's where I went.

This theater is small. Seats only about 85 people I'd guess. It was about the same each time today, probably 55 people there. Quite fully, really...

But I don't know about AOTC staying here one more week :( With four movies opening next weekend I think, I just don't see how it'll stay. Well, maybe they will give it a half-screen, that's what I think probably will happen (hope so anyway), but I doubt it gets to keep a screen to itself.

If I get a car soon, no matter, because then I can just drive to Movies on TV and they will have it for several more weeks I am sure. They have 16 screens so there are not as many problems with them keeping films.

By the way, this is funny, in Portland Juwanna Mann is down to ONE SHOWING per day in the Metro area. Yup, that is correct. 9:20 p.m. at Lloyd 8 downtown. That is it. No other theater is playing it, and even Lloyd has it playing only one time daily. I still will have to go there to review it though, if I can somehow get a friend to go with me, lol.

Then I guess after AOTC plays at Movies on TV, hopefully the dollar theater (Valley) gets it, that way I can keep seeing it through August (*crosses fingers*).

JonathanLB
Jul 6th, 2002, 12:45:25 AM
Valley is already playing Bad Company and they are a 2nd run theater! There is not one single normal theater in all of Portland that is playing Bad Company and the film just came out like 3 or 4 weeks ago. That is extremely pathetic. They dropped it like a hotcake.

Although AOTC has had sub-par staying power for a Star Wars movie, you can't exactly argue that it has had anything but pretty good staying power. I mean, these movies all opened after AOTC came out and disappeared much quicker: Bad Company, Insomnia, About A Boy, Enough, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, Windtalkers, Juwanna Mann, Undercover Brother. Probably soon to be The Bourne Identity and Ya-Ya Stupidhood, plus Hey Arnold, etc.

Dutchy
Jul 6th, 2002, 04:34:25 AM
Aren't you guys totally sick of this movie? :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 6th, 2002, 04:57:01 AM
0_0

This is gonna be messy, me no watching!

JonathanLB
Jul 6th, 2002, 12:32:32 PM
No, of course not. I saw TPM 50 times, never got sick of it. I've seen the OT probably 75 times each, never sick of that either. That is how good these movies are. It's the mark of an excellent film when it doesn't get tiring or boring even dozens of times later.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:29:39 PM

Didn't make ten viewings as I had hoped for :( but not bad for a few day's .

Get sick of AOTC??????

does one get sick of being pleasured by hot women (well sometimes luke warm :\ ) ???

the answer is Maybe sometimes :(

But as of yet I still enjoy AOtc clones more and more each time I see it.

I Still am not tired of TPM and I have viewed it now 716 times (I think thats right ) I'd have to check my log to say for sure.

I have seen each of the OT atleast 300 a piece and yet to get bored.

when I see/do something I like , I do it to where most people would call it either stupid or an addiction.

Well sometimes I will do things just to prove or on a dare/bet or just to shock :D

JonathanLB
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:35:02 PM
Nice, Buff... 36 is quite impressive.

I cannot go for #31 tonight, but for the record I would go if I could. I got my new car (see the other thread), but I am not insured yet, not until tomorrow morning, so then I can begin seeing AOTC whenever I want again finally. YES! Still, not tonight.

TPM 716 times?! Wouldn't that be like 5 times per week every single week since it came out? Man I would be really sick of the movie after that, I have to admit.

The reason I see SW movies so much in theaters is because that's where I most enjoy seeing them, don't like seeing them at home nearly as much. FIVE reasons why theaters were built: TPM, AOTC, ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. 'Nuff said. :)

I've probably only seen the OT movies 75 to 100 times each. I have never counted nor would I know because I was so little when I first saw them all. I am guessing though that I have seen ESB as few as maybe 50 times, ROTJ as many as 100. It was always my favorite as a kid. I used to watch one SW movie per week at least when I first became a fan, so that added a solid 25 showings of each movie in my first few years as a fan.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:56:24 PM
It's along story on the TPM viewing's (it's posted Somewhere in the forumsO_o )

But yeah I see that you got you car:)

I have a feeling I'll not get the AOTC record :(

I think you can get to the theaters faster than me now :( ;)

JonathanLB
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:11:07 AM
#31 -- Evergreen Parkway, Auditorium 3 at 10:05.

I don't know why they moved it to Aud. 3. WTF gives with that? I can take a guess, which is pretty sick that I'd even know this, but I think it could be because the subwoofer was broken in Auditorium 5 on Saturday and perhaps they felt it was better to move Star Wars into a superior auditorium, so now Hey Arnold and Ya-Ya are in the lousy auditorium where Star Wars was playing. Whatever the reason, I was very appreciative. They had the sound way up, the air conditioning wasn't too cold as it usually is, and as it was Saturday at Auditorium 5.

Also, as I said in another thread, for some reason they gave me this ticket at $5.50, the matinee price, and mine even says "MATINEE" on it! That is very weird. I got stopped THREE times before I finally made it into the theater because the people there all know me and were like, "What are you seeing this time?" "Star Wars." "Star Wars AGAIN!?" Hehe. The lady at the ticket window is pretty nice, this particular one, and she always asks me how many times I've seen it. The other girl really annoys me, though, stupid witch. She is like, "I never saw Episode I, it looked gay, and I never saw Episode II either because it looks stupid." LOL, oh my god. Nobody could see those trailers and say that. Now, there are people who didn't like TPM and people who didn't like AOTC either, but basically everyone on earth, like 99.99% of everyone, thought the trailers kicked major ass. Even die-hard TPM bashers would say, "Well the trailers looked great, I had hoped this movie would be so good, and then it turned out to be crap!"

Ah well, women are just not understandable. The fact that most of them do not even appreciate Star Wars even further lowers my opinion of them. It'll be incredibly difficult to find ONE good one on this entire miserable planet, hehe.

JonathanLB
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:03:01 AM
32, 3:30...

I keep getting stopped a million times before I go in with these theater employees asking me if I'm seeing SW again, lol. It IS getting annoying.

JonathanLB
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:08:14 PM
33, same time and theater and auditorium.

JonathanLB
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:14:25 PM
Same time and all of that stuff.

I was going to see it at 12:05 but I couldn't sleep at all last night and I kept waking up seriously ten or twenty times and then when my alarm finally went off, I just said screw it, I'll go to the later showing yet again. Ah well.

I was even thinking about two showings today, but I'm kind of wanting to get some stuff done, so once per day will just have to do.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:41:50 PM
Dam6 Jon slow down you are going to pass me >_< . well I got 37 in the books tonight(well 7:00 showing) anyway I was amazed at the crowd out tonight:) But the bad thing is 2 more weeks here and it's gone :( will do more this week end, but even 50 is looking slim :( But than agian I did get alot of TPM viewings at the cheap theater :)

BUFFJEDI
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:44:51 PM
Btw I get all that AGIAN!!! from the staff at the theater . My special friend there ;) has spread the word that I'm a true starwars geek.But I kind of enjoy it, it makes me proud when I walk up to the counter and they have my AOTC ticket already printed :)

JonathanLB
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:54:45 PM
They really cannot tell me anything. I mean, "Star Wars again?" "Yes, Star Wars again, I already saw EVERY OTHER MOVIE you are playing!"

There are not enough movies to keep me entertained, hehe. I have to see Star Wars just to fill the gap. I mean, a lousy 2 to 4 movies per week? That's a day's work. Then what about the other SIX DAYS of the week?! lol.

Everyone there knows me now, though. It's amazing, hehe.

Well I don't know how much longer AOTC will be around here, but definitely the next week at Evergreen. After that, probably Movies on TV will keep it for several more weeks, but it's hard to know.

I'm not catching up that much here, Buff. Dang, you are making me want to go see it again tonight just to make up lost ground, hehe.

BUFFJEDI
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:57:09 PM
I say hop in that bad -boy car and GOOO!!!!!!!!!:)

JMK
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:46:36 PM
Would you guys knock it off! You're making the rest of us look bad! (Or good depending on who in the rest of the world is reading this! ;))

On a sad note, AotC is gone from my theater. I've got a ways to go now if I want to see it. :(

JonathanLB
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:03:57 PM
I don't really feel like going tonight, Buff. I actually wanted to read the rest of my Visual Dictionary and read some posts on TFN to see what other people are saying as part of my research for my AOTC book. So what I do tonight is directly related to AOTC, but not actually seeing the movie.

I will enjoy my showing tomorrow a lot more if I learn a few more details even before I go off to see it again. I still feel cheated that I had to go see Lilo and Stitch that one time instead of AOTC because it was sold out. I liked Lilo and Stitch, don't get me wrong, I would have seen it very soon anyway, but THAT DAY I wanted to see AOTC and I wasn't able to because it was sold out, GRR.

I should be at 35, but oh well. Soon enough.

On another note, I think next week I very well *might* get to 41 viewings of AOTC, which is a huge number for me because that means ONE HUNDRED (100) total Star Wars theatrical viewings. 50 TPM, 9 Special Editions, and then 34 AOTC so far, so just 7 more and I reach the big 1-0-0, three digits. :)

JMK, hehe, don't worry...

It is a cool feeling going into the theater and realizing you've seen the movie more times than everyone else combined, even after they finish the screening. :) But last showing I swear there were like 40 people so I wasn't quite there. Oh well. Soon enough and my Force powers will overwhelm them. Hehe, yay, I am just so close to being the biggest geek in the world! How cool. :) j/k

It's good that Buff is right up here with me because it makes me feel less geeky. Since he is a big, buff SW fan, then I have good company, hehe. Otherwise I know you all would be like, "Jesus, get a life!" But since Buff is up here with me you can't say that! Haha, ok now I know someone IS going to say that, so just don't...

:D

JonathanLB
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:18:22 PM
Got in #35 today. Still pretty busy showings, given that this is weekend 9.

I have to say that TPM was never this busy at Evergreen this far into its run. Actually, it was doing very well July 4th weekend here. I went into a super full auditorium to see TPM on July 3rd I think it was. But then again, AOTC was sold out the weekend before the 4th this time, something TPM was not here. As I've said, I still think AOTC has done slightly better than TPM at my theater. I know that I do not have exact data, and obviously TPM KILLED AOTC nationwide, but given that I went to see TPM 29 times at Evergreen and have seen AOTC 34 times there, I have a really great sample of how busy it is basically many days of the week, if not most (my average is higher than 4 showings of AOTC per week, or a majority of days of the week).