PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Zealand!

Marcus Telcontar
May 15th, 2002, 01:26:53 AM
Presently in Wellington!

What a strange and cold place. It's like stepping back into a time warp for about 20 years almost. Nice place, but for me, very, very cold.

The other notible thing is - AOTC is playing in about 5 hours from now just around the corner from where I'm staying. Hmmm, sleep or watch movie?

Oh, I have found out two things - never call the NZ Rugby team a pack of sheilas - Rugby is a religion and the average Maori makes a truck look tiny. The second is that it's treason not to profess a total and undying affection for Lord of The Rings. Peter Jackson is God in New Zealand. There are more promotional posters still remaining up for LOTR than there are for AOTC.

Nice place all up - and it's normally up. I've never seen a place so hilly and the people build houses in such precarious postions

Rama
May 15th, 2002, 01:30:43 AM
::Just nods his head and acts like he knows what the hell he is talking about ::

Master Yoghurt
May 15th, 2002, 01:41:03 AM
Fool proof way of getting into trouble on New Zeeland: Walking on the streets with a big poster; "LOTR sux! Episode II rox! Lucas wins, Jackson lose!" ;)

So how cold is it? We Norwegians know all about cold weather. :)

Sage Hazzard
May 15th, 2002, 01:50:03 AM
::Stops destroying the boards while Marcus is gone....::

Oh, hi.

::Goes back to creating anarchy::

Darth Viscera
May 15th, 2002, 03:40:30 AM
Is Middle Earth still there, or have they stopped principal photography or whatever-its-name-is?

Morgan Evanar
May 15th, 2002, 09:15:11 AM
Hrm, some crazy newzelander made a beer cooler from part of an RX7 engine.

Ryla Relvinian
May 15th, 2002, 10:21:51 AM
Figures...

Darth Lynch
May 15th, 2002, 10:34:38 AM
New Zealand is a strange and mysterious place.

But we all knew that.

ReaperFett
May 15th, 2002, 10:57:11 AM
Braindead/Dead Alive was made there :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 15th, 2002, 09:10:12 PM
LOTR, hehehehe, best book to movie ever! SAY NO EVIL OF LOTR!

I heard that New Zealand has renamed half of its towns and streets to stuff found in Lord of the Rings, like the Shire, or North Hobbit Street. Etc. Etc. Can you Confirm this when you get back?

DarthNuriko
May 15th, 2002, 10:52:58 PM
Hairy Foot Lane. :lol

DarthHERA
May 15th, 2002, 11:17:48 PM
I just got one thing to say...

"fush'n'chups"

Marcus Telcontar
May 16th, 2002, 12:23:04 AM
Hera, would you believe the NZ'ers here had the hide to make fun of my Aussie accent?

And yes, there HAS been a lot of renaming things in LOTR fashion. This place is seriously obsessed with LOTR, to the point where one of the theatres here has MORE screenings of FOTR that Star Wars today. Fact is, it's not Star Wars, it's Star Wha...?

Estelle Russard
May 16th, 2002, 12:29:36 AM
Ahh, the Kiwi's - they have the "little cousin syndrome". :)

Marcus Telcontar
May 16th, 2002, 12:51:42 AM
Do they ever!

Alpha
May 16th, 2002, 08:17:23 PM
Heya Mark!

My brother was wondering if there was anything you shouldn't say or do while he's there. He was wondering, considering he will be to both NZ and Aus by the 3rd. He's going on something called a Student Ambassador trip, and is heading there. Boy is he nervous!

Marcus Telcontar
May 16th, 2002, 08:48:19 PM
No sheep jokes.

NeuroMortis
May 16th, 2002, 10:36:48 PM
Approach a group of New Zealanders in a bar and repeat:

"Man, you guys are, like, a rip off of Australia..."

This is an excellent ice-breaker, and will open the door for new and exciting conversation.

Morgan Evanar
May 16th, 2002, 11:08:21 PM
Yes, the exciting, yet brief possibility of human powered flight.

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 16th, 2002, 11:14:48 PM
**Best way to get A$$ Kicked in New Zealand**

Yeah, I heard Peter Jackson is a Sheep Screwing freak.

**Smashes his head into a wall for speaking bad about the creator of LOTR, even if it was a joke**

NeuroMortis
May 16th, 2002, 11:30:21 PM
Another great social pickup line:

"You guys are, like, the only country in Risk that nobody wants...except for the new guys who think it's a good conquest because it's only got two ports of entry..."

Marcus Telcontar
May 16th, 2002, 11:33:09 PM
I have to admit tho, New Zealanders themselves know some brilliant sheep shagging jokes. Must be because this is the only place in the world where sheep out number humans 5 to 1. And there are 3.5 million humans.

(I was going to say humans and All Black supporters, but the All Blacks, the NZ Rugby team are revered notaionwide. Rugby truly is a religion.)

What do you call a man with 2000 girlfriends?

Sheep Farmer

How does a New Zealander count sheep?

1, 2, 3, Hello Darling, 5, 6.....

The rest I cant repeat openly.

All in all, the Land of the Long White Cloud is a great place.