PDA

View Full Version : See you in line!

JonathanLB
May 15th, 2002, 12:29:07 AM
I'm lining up now, starting the 24 hour wait. I got my cooler almost ready, got all the snacks ready, my chairs, umbrella (it was nice today, it should be really nice tomorrow, but you cannot be well enough prepared), flashlight, cell phone, all the goodies. Waiting is one of the most fun aspects of being a SW fan, I think, hehe. We are all certainly used to it! Jedieb, Buff and I all got our share of waiting in I am sure at the SW Celebration, but this is the real wait. The real reason we are all fans. The opening of a new Star Wars movie. Nothing is quite like it, really. The level of anticipation, hype, expectations, and displayed fandom are unrivaled.

Let's all hope for a great box office run, not just so that we can remind the world what franchise is still KING of the box office, not just so that we can remind them who has the most devoted fans, but also so we can all keep enjoying AOTC over and over again throughout the summer.

Have fun at AOTC everyone! I know I will :)

I look forward to a summer of discussion with you all on the film and its box office run. I know what I'll be saying on the way to AOTC; "Now THIS is podracing!"

Jedi Master Carr
May 15th, 2002, 12:55:14 AM
Have fun Jon, I won't get to see it until Thursday afternoon, and now I am mad because the theater I am going to, just annouced today that they are selling tickets at midnight, I was like what, I have plans for Wed night so there is no way, they couldn't have told us sooner:grumble

Jedieb
May 15th, 2002, 07:04:45 AM
Have fun Jon, I hope it doesn't rain!
MTFBWY

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 08:55:44 AM
LOL Jedieb! One of the reason why I'm not lining up! It's been pouring here all week and will continue to do so until the weekend!

JonathanLB
May 15th, 2002, 02:21:59 PM
It rained really hard on Monday, but today was beautiful. So far, I mean, it IS beautiful. 75, sunny, few clouds. Started very cold during the middle of the night, now beautiful and sunny and just like with TPM! It's like when a new SW film opens, the clouds part and the sun beats down on the faithful ;)

This has been sweet. I'm just enjoying a little break from the line. It's going to get INSANE when I get back, because it'll be just before dinner and we are all getting so rabid.

These guys actually love TPM most of them, lol, seriously what is with the media? One guy is not a huge Jar Jar fan but says he loves TPM, another loves everything about TPM as I do, says he has seen it so many times on DVD it's not even possible to count, and he seems to have an amazing understanding of the saga too. Another guy perhaps a year younger than me, I am guessing, loved all of the SW films and has read about 50 of the novels, or most of them.

These are great fans. Plus many are NOT at all dork looking, like one young man maybe 25 to 27 showed up in his suit and tie and brought three books, but he's camped out, FIRST in line for the 12:02 showing (I am first for the 12:01, so the line STARTS HERE, lol). He's a really neat guy, obviously very intelligent, and he's big into the fan films too. He apparently used to work on his own, not sure what he has done and probably nothing really significant but he is an afficiano of them at least, hehe.

He is, obviously, a huge SW fan as is anyone in line now.

Highlight so far, sorry I have to admit it, was seeing Kira walk out of the theater as she was closing it at about 2 a.m. LOL. Man I have rarely seen any girls that hot. She is like a manager there sort of, or at least one of the managing people (she does sometimes tear the tickets, but she doesn't clean auditoriums or sell food or go to the box office window and take orders, lol). She is HOT as hell, damn... Seriously she looks my age, or could pass as a year younger, but I guess perhaps she is a year older. I dunno. She's not that old, but she's a perfect 10. lol. She didn't seem to think it was weird we were sitting out there either, she was quite nice. :)

Jedieb
May 15th, 2002, 07:29:46 PM
I'm heading off to the theater at 10PM, right after the West Wing ends and I make sure my kids are all tucked in. I drove by the theater at 5PM and there wasn't a line. There were however two news vans. I expect there to be plenty of fans when I get there.

Jedi Master Carr
May 15th, 2002, 09:50:04 PM
I drove by the theater I am attending tomorrow and a line was beginning this was about 7 PM. Also my local news covered it alot (except for one station) and one station said at 11:20 that all midnight shows were sold out at the three theaters. Cool.

Champion of the Force
May 15th, 2002, 09:52:46 PM
Hehehehe - I didn't have to wait in any line. I just went in, got my ticket, then went straight in. :p

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 10:13:39 PM
Is that because of a lack of interest or what?

Champion of the Force
May 15th, 2002, 10:16:24 PM
In my little town, people don't line up for days to see a film. They just turn up when the film has opened. :)

There was a huge line for the midnight showing apparently (I didn't see it - my brother told me) but certainly no one was lining up all day.

I should point out I saw my screeing at 9:30am Thursday morning. All the kids are at school and many people at work. That leaves only the dole bludgers, work skippers, the unemployed and me to see the film. The theatre was only about half full.

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 10:23:41 PM
So you had leg room then! Awesome!
I never asked you, and I wanted to, this goes waaaaaay back, but how did all that fire fighting go? I assume it went well in the end because talk of it just kind of died on the news over here...

Champion of the Force
May 15th, 2002, 10:30:09 PM
It went ok. I posted a bit about it when I got back. here's the thread:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11551

CMJ
May 16th, 2002, 06:55:18 AM
I'm about to go for the 12:45 show at the Vista theatre in the Hollywood/Los Feliz section of LA. I figure most people will be at the Chinese(they keep showing the damn line on the early morning news) so hopefully I can sneak in the Vista with little problems. I mean I am leaving like 6 hours before the show starts. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 16th, 2002, 07:03:01 AM
Good luck CMJ, I hope you get in, that is why I am glad I have tickets I can just walk right in with out having a problem. Also I saw those lines in LA and NY I also heard that in both cities they began showing around the clock shows because of the demand, that is cool to hear.

CMJ
May 16th, 2002, 07:05:52 AM
Yep...at the Grauman's Chinese at least they've had showings at 12:01 and 3:30...the next one's at 8:30...and then it's like every 3 hours the rest of the day. Starting tommorrow they're gonna add a screen too, and continue to have some late shows(till like 2 or 3AM).