PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Jedi Master Carr
May 14th, 2002, 11:56:53 PM
With SW nearly upon us should we post reminders that threads involving the films need to go into Films? JMK has done one for Boxoffice and I feel that one might need to go into OCC because that is the other place I would guess where they might pop up, what do you guys think. We probably need to act quickly Australia will see the movie very soon.

TheHolo.Net
May 15th, 2002, 12:01:55 AM
We already have the announcement posted, but I could make a sticky topic reminder.

Jedi Master Carr
May 15th, 2002, 12:08:35 AM
That would work its up to you, do you think the posters in the OCC would post threads about the movie? I was worried in box office Jon never goes to Films so I made it clear that I would move them. We had a mess with the review threads Jon posted some but CMJ did too, I guess one could argue about those but I wish I had moved them to begin with, oh well since they didn't deal directly with spoilers I felt like they weren't a huge problem but this will be different.

TheHolo.Net
May 15th, 2002, 12:10:54 AM
I know they will, even after being warned a few times already. :x

I posted the topic (plagerizing JMK quite well but with a byline :p). And I plan to not leave redirects to the moved topics in the OOC forum, which I warned in that post as well. If I see others left behind by other moderators, I will move the thread back and then move again to clear any redirects.

Jedi Master Carr
May 15th, 2002, 12:15:03 AM
In boxoffice I will have redrects for the first few but if they become a problem I will do the same thing, the only two people who might do that is Darth23 (since he is posting again) and Jon.

TheHolo.Net
May 15th, 2002, 12:16:58 AM
We've been trying to drill it into the RP poster's heads for a few months now, so I think the time for favors like redirects is over. :)

Happy times!!! EP II is near!!! :D :D :D

Is already prepared to change the Portal countdown script to start ticking away for EP III

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 09:16:53 AM
I think Jon's style of posting is what prompted me to post the reminder in the first place. I can see his posts going a little like:
"Oh man! AotC absolutely rocks, I love the part when blah blah blah, and when blah blah, and this movie is going to clear $500M easily, and this weekend is going to be huge, my theater was sold out all day and if there are low drops, well bye bye Titanic, LOL".

Not anything against the guy, we're all going to be excited and have so much to say, but what do we do with a post like that? We can't move it because it has talk of both film and box office, and we can't remove it because that would be ridiculous, but on the other hand, we have separate forums, and rules to adhere to.

What did those of you who were on staff 3 years ago do in this situation?

TheHolo.Net
May 15th, 2002, 09:18:48 AM
I've only been on the staff for about 2 years, and I think I am the oldest remaining, though LL was part of the staff for a term before I came around.

Jedi Master Carr
May 15th, 2002, 09:28:52 AM
It depends on what he says if he deals with box office stuff I guess we will have to leave. I won't see it though till tomorrow morning, he is on the west coast so it won't start there till 3AM EST. Also has midnight come and gone for New Zealanders and the Aussies? I was thinking it had but I am not sure if there will be anybody here who might post about it, Marcus perhaps. I guess there could be some in the OCC I am not really sure who is from Australia, I know Marcus and David are other that I have no clue.